Rash around my anal area.
anon

Gulf Shores, AL

#87 Feb 12, 2009
i have been victim to what all of you have described for about 8 months. i constantly go through the healing, the itching, the scabbing/flaking, and so on. its horrible. i now realize that ive been horrible to my body and this is what i get. i cant go to a doctor: no money no insurance. is there any surefire way to get rid of this for good? or will i have to fight it throughout my life? i havent tried anything yet but im going to try the baking soda because i think my body is acidic. if anyone can help i thank you dearly
M_PA

Newton, IA

#88 Feb 26, 2009
yea, I have the same problem. Using steroid cream took it away, but I hadn't used it for awhile and it came back. Prep H, does not seem to help it any, actually it may make it worse. I Think mine is a hemmoroid or something, bc there is a pulpis protruding from the area.
k-wis

Milwaukee, WI

#89 Mar 10, 2009
In the last 6 months I have also developed a rash in my butt crack as well as a quarter sized area to the left of my perianal area (between scrotum and anus) that itches sometimes but not all the time. The rash is completely smooth and flat and is very contained and at first the affected skin was almost shiny but now the same texture as the surrounding skin. I tried anti-itch creams, vaseline, anti-fungal ointments which seemed to help but not cure it.

Looking back almost a year I had a very bad sinus infection and was on antibiotics for months... I am wondering if the anti's could have spawned a yeast problem that has developed into a yeast based skin infection that is resistant to OTC meds. I went to my Dr and he gave me a one dose of Diflucan which did nothing.

Last week I went to a dermatologist who examined the area for about 5 seconds and told me it was Inverse Psoriasis. prescribed me a new med called Vectical which i have been using for a few days now with little to no difference in symptoms. I have done much online research and this looks nothing like Inverse Psoriasis and the symptoms are not the same. It appears to either be a yeast infection OR maybe Intertrigo, both "cured" with anti fungal meds. I am getting a second opinion as I feel the Derm misdiagnosed me.

Sound familiar to anyone else???
stevil

Austin, TX

#90 Mar 20, 2009
Folks -
Like many have said for many this is a Candida (yeast) issue. Dr. in US dont see this as issue they treat female yeast issues with pills, etc. These do not treat the issue just the symptoms. Sure some when receive relieve but many have chronic issues. The same for the anal area - treat the issue - change your diet. I have been having issues for a little over a year - I started checked out the Candida Diet (yeast/sugar free)- I did this for about 2 weeks and my issues cleared up... well I introduced stuff back too fast and my issues started again. So not it is back on the diet for probably few months.
athletes butt

Apo, AE

#91 Mar 26, 2009
Wow, we are a crowd of buttscratchers. I'm happy that I looked this up on a whim. It's good to know that there are many other buttscratchers about the world who can't go to sleep because their ass feels like its got athlete's foot in it. This really is frustrating, my doc treated me for pinworms first, to no avail (40 million Americans have pinworms). Its one pill and might be worth the money. I'm going to try some of these creams, cuz seriously, I'm sick of backing into corners during social activities to scratch my butt. This bs is annoying. I'm gonna hit up the A+D.
Oh and just for everyone's comic relief, I've provided a video alternative to try out. Its not recommended by doctors but scratching makes it feel so much better.
&fe ature=related
k-wis

Milwaukee, WI

#92 Mar 29, 2009
following up on what i wrote on March 10, 2009... I went to my regular doctor because I felt the diagnosis of Inverse Psoriasis by the dermatologist was incorrect. I explained to my doctor the issue and he took a good, long look at it and did both a swab test and skin scraping and sent both off for a culture but in the meantime looked at the skin cells under a microscope with a solution. Yeast was the answer. The test results came back normal except for yeast. The yeast had caused a skin infection that had been going on for 8 months or more. He prescribed me clotrimozole 1.0%(anti-fungal) and I have seen very good results in the last 2 weeks. He said since this has been going on for so long and is termed "Chronic" it may take several weeks to clear up. He felt strongly it was NOT psoriasis and agreed with me that the symptoms are not comparable even if some are similar.

I will continue using the anti-fungal and post again in a few weeks. Hope this helps.
This may help

Mansfield, TX

#93 Mar 30, 2009
r_nyc wrote:
One other topic, get your thyroid tested for low hormone production. I've been on thyroxin for about 4 months and it seems to have helped overall with skin conditions, including the rash.
This may be symptoms of a Group A Strep rash called Perianal
Erythema and can be treated with antibiotics. Go to www.jfponline.com/pdf%2F5612%2F5612JFP_PhotoR...
for more info and a photo...
XXX

Ironton, OH

#94 Apr 2, 2009
First off, to the fellow dealing with constipation, you may want to try prune juice or flax seed oil. If your symptoms persist I would urge you to see your physician as chronic, untreated constipation may be a sign of a more serious problem and if left untreated can not only be irritating but lead to other problems. A word to the rest of you SEE A DOCTOR!!! If you cannot afford a doctor there are walk in health clinics in most cities. No need to suffer! Good luck!
Big-Butt-Scratch er

Bowie, MD

#95 Apr 10, 2009
I have been sufferring with this problem for two months now. Visited the DR. and was prescribed something akin to prep-h and told to purchase Kupts -- no help at all and don't care to spend another day visting the DR. So decided to look online and came across this thread. I've read the entire thread and will try the Baking Soda and reduce sugar, alcohol, and in general, pay attention to my diet. I'll repost in a few weeks after I nip this in the butt and share what worked.
Big-Butt-Scratch er

Bowie, MD

#96 Apr 15, 2009
The rash and itching is gone. My skin is healing. What worked for me?(2) teaspoons of baking soda per day. Baby powder and lotrimen cream. I reduced alcohol to (1) drink per day, cut rice and most sugar from my diet. No candies, just a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee. What a relief! This problem was a real pain in the ass.
metoo

Gaithersburg, MD

#97 Apr 15, 2009
Sooooo glad to read this thread. I've had the same issue which started soon after my son was born. For as few months I thought it was just hemmorhoid itching from the delivery until I looked into the mirror and realized there was a bright red (burn looking) rash on the left cheek and near the hemmorhoid and that it was the skin that itched and not the actual rectal area. Anyway, I'm off to try baking soda and cut back on the bad parts of my diet. I will report back too. I hope everyone who gets relief from this will report back what worked. I have only had sex a small handful of times since my son was born because of this (too embarrassed to tell my husband) so as you can imagine- this has affected my marriage. I so badly want it to go away! Thanks for the tips!
Zoolu

Alexandria, VA

#98 Apr 16, 2009
You definitely have to clean as well as you can, and then apply lotion. It could be a yeast infection, which can be caused by sitting around in a wet bathing suit because bacteria thrives in a damp, warm environment. Also, always where underwear with cotton crotches that are more breathable. Keep it dry, but not too dry. Talk to a dermatologist about it.
tya

Miami, FL

#99 Apr 17, 2009
I'm experiencing a red/pink rash around that area. It seems to be raw and maybe open in some places. It burns when anything touched it ( a baby wipe, soap, hydrocortisone cream, I even tried desitin ). It's been weeks. Does this sound like what anyone else has experienced?
poor man

United States

#100 Apr 19, 2009
my husband butt is raw and sore i know he all man but i was worried when i say his but raw and itching he is so miserable i feel bad for him he tried all kinds of meds question do or have any of you liked or like alot of hot foods evevry thing he ate had to be hot just trying to find a common denominator between you all
k-wis

Milwaukee, WI

#101 Apr 24, 2009
you all have the same symptoms as i did... all sounds like Candida (yeast infection). i know it sounds wierd that a guy can get them but its actually pretty common. mine came from the overuse of antibiotics. i had terrible anal itching for 9 months before i finally went to the doctor to have some tests done. swab test and skin cell test revealed high concentrations of yeast. he put me on fluconazole for 3 weeks (1 pill per week) and i researched the candida diet extensively and stuck to it to the letter and 15 days after it was GONE! no more itching, no more feeling bad, AND i lost 10 lbs in the process. the diet it a beast, much more difficult than i thought but it works! i also took high doses or probiotics (acidopholous & bifidus) every day and still taking them as they are good for you.

Candida (yeast) will NOT go away on its own and no OTC creams or lotions will cure it, just makes it dormant for a bit then it resurfaces. you have to change your entire way of thinking, eating and with the addition of the right meds it will go away.

i have the diet all planned out if anyone is interested. i have listed what you can and cant eat so its pretty simple, just hard to stick to. let me know if you want me to post it and i will.

good luck guys. there is a light to the end of the tunnel. hang in there.
Zoe

UAE

#102 Apr 24, 2009
Hi, I Have a same problemof itchy annal area, I am fed up with all docters,creams and ointments, please help, its really embarrising
Zoe

UAE

#103 Apr 24, 2009
k-wis wrote:
you all have the same symptoms as i did... all sounds like Candida (yeast infection). i know it sounds wierd that a guy can get them but its actually pretty common. mine came from the overuse of antibiotics. i had terrible anal itching for 9 months before i finally went to the doctor to have some tests done. swab test and skin cell test revealed high concentrations of yeast. he put me on fluconazole for 3 weeks (1 pill per week) and i researched the candida diet extensively and stuck to it to the letter and 15 days after it was GONE! no more itching, no more feeling bad, AND i lost 10 lbs in the process. the diet it a beast, much more difficult than i thought but it works! i also took high doses or probiotics (acidopholous & bifidus) every day and still taking them as they are good for you.
Candida (yeast) will NOT go away on its own and no OTC creams or lotions will cure it, just makes it dormant for a bit then it resurfaces. you have to change your entire way of thinking, eating and with the addition of the right meds it will go away.
i have the diet all planned out if anyone is interested. i have listed what you can and cant eat so its pretty simple, just hard to stick to. let me know if you want me to post it and i will.
good luck guys. there is a light to the end of the tunnel. hang in there.
Hi there
Can you please share your diet plan.
Many thanks
Zee
k-wis

Milwaukee, WI

#104 Apr 26, 2009
Candida Diet for yeast overgrowth:

This isn't EVERYTHING but I tried to cover all the bases... and there's a LOT of them. Remember...DON'T CHEAT or it will not work!

DO EAT:
- meats (all except processed or packaged meats & deli meats: sausage,
hotdogs, etc.)
- vegetables (all except root vegetables: turnips, carrots, etc. as
well as peas & corn)
- nuts (all kinds, preferably raw and unsalted EXCEPT peanuts & pistacios)
- berries (high in anti-oxidants and boost immune system)
- green apples (but only green)
- berries (any kind: straw, blue, ras)
- avocados (quac...except you cant eat it with chips)
- beans (pinto, kidney, black, green, lima, chick... as in hummus)
- grapefruit, lemons, limes
- organic milk (whole only)
- eggs, eggs, eggs (but NO egg substitutes)
- tuna (and fish) fresh, frozen or canned
- butter (no margarine)

DO NOT EAT:
- bread, flour, starch, yeast, gluten (not even breaded meats/cheeses)
- Sugar & Sugar-containing Foods (Avoid fructose, sucrose, maltose,
lactose, honey, molasses, maple syrup)
- caffeine (use yeast free chromium picolinate for a pick me up)
- coffee or tea (sorry)
- cheese (of any kind, especially bleu or cottage or any moldy/aged cheeses)
- soft drinks or carbonated drinks/water (regular or diet)
- alcohol (except vodka, whiskey or tequila... no sugar, yeast or carbs)
- fruit (fresh, frozen or processed...except berries or green apples)
- chocolate (you can substitute carob in its place)
- wheat, whole wheat, grains, starches, carbohydrates, rice, pasta,
oatmeal, etc.
- hot, spicy foods (kills good bacteria in your digestive system)
- malted or fermented foods (apple cider)
- mushrooms (except shitake)
- anything with vinegar (salad dressings, pickles, olives, balsamic)
- cereal, chips, granola, bran, flatbread, pita, etc.
- Condiments, Sauces, Fermented Foods, & Vinegar-containing Foods
(Mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, salad dressing, Worcestershire,
MSG, Soy sauce, barbecue sauce, steak sauce, chili sauce,
pickles, relishes, green olives, sauerkraut, horseradish)
- curry or blended spices
- nothing processed and packaged in bulk
- canned or jarred veggies or soups

IN MODERATION: after 2 weeks (14 days)
- white & sweet potatoes
- brown rice
- whole wheat pasta

SUPPLEMENTS:
- acidopholous (live active cultures in yogurt)
- bifidobacterium (bifidus)
- garlic (flavorless & odorless)
- fish oil (odorless & burpless)

DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!! At least four 8 oz. glasses per day
(add lemon juice to flavor)

This is not the Atkins or South Beach... more of a cleansing detox
diet. You will probably feel tired the first few days (caffeine
withdrawal) but soon you will feel better. I have noticed I am more
even keel and not so high-low as before. This will also help your
skin, immune system, digestion, weight loss (I lost 8 lbs in the first
10 days), and should give you more energy.

Let me know if you have any questions.:)
Mary

AOL

#105 May 5, 2009
I have same problem or similar every while, comes and go and came back again.
I wash good every time I go to the bathroom, I use bidet every time I go. This is very good to keep you clean every time you use the bathroom.
my problem is I think some food I eat or other problem but I don't think is because I don't wash good. The best is to wash yourself every time you go to the bathroom, paper is not the best.
metoo

Gaithersburg, MD

#106 May 5, 2009
The baking soda didn't work for me BUT I decided to use my son's Desitin overnight creamy ointment religiously every night and some during the day and it is gone (there is what appears to be a scar there but the itching is gone and it is not red anymore). Try it and see if it helps you. It's a cheap easy option to try anyway!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Purplish spot on nose 23 hr jfmdgfm 1
How do I treat bulging veins on forehead? (Jul '08) May 24 Jjh 1,272
Pin-sized bump on finger May 24 Clmourtosx4 1
Persistent rash on face (Mar '07) May 23 Visnai 376
Painful tiny bumps on fingers (Jul '11) May 22 Lindsay 336
Small, "tapioca like" bumps on fingers and palms (Aug '07) May 22 Ccritt3084 519
Breakout on my chest and back :( May 21 GoodPho92 1
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) May 20 Shaftpain 1,820
Zits with a hard white mass. (and I mean hard) (Apr '07) May 20 SouthernAmy 197
Small clear callous-like bumps on hand and finger (Jan '07) May 20 Beanboomer 716
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) May 13 Mary 603
More from around the web