Arnold

Uganda

#124 May 11, 2011
i have this really itchy patch on my lips. i tend to think its eczema cause i have struggled with it for a bit. now it not only itches but has pimples. im worried.
Jess

Cranbrook, Canada

#125 May 11, 2011
I had the same problem of excessively peeling and swollen lips. I tried Jojoba oil, you can find it at health food stores and it heeled up right away. I put it on before bed. It's an oil that is really close to our natural oils. Hope this helps
Anonymous

Flushing, NY

#126 May 17, 2011
My daughters lips began to peel excessively for months. Then suddenly they became extremely swollen. It was horrible. She didn't want to go to school and was very embarrassed. So I was was looking every where for an answer when I came across a lady who had the same problem and she cured it so easily. Here is where I found the answer:
ww.associatedcontent.com/article/2146919/clow...
She is all better know thank god.
Good luck everyone!
flavoring allergy

Good Thunder, MN

#127 Jul 3, 2011
After eating, my lips would burn and then the skin would shred in narrow strips. I would say the strips were about as wide as floss and about that thick. I would pull them off because they looked like dead skin hairs. My derm gave me desitin and that stuff stops the burning and peeling almost instantly. Certain foods like potato chips, salad dressings and some cold cut type meats cause this for e. The MD told me I probably have a food allergy and that it's a food flavoring allergy. So I don't eat any kind of diet or fat free anything. Plain potatoe chips are the worse. Fat free salad dressing is like putting a blow torch on my lips.
Shelleyknott

London, UK

#128 Jul 17, 2011
Found a cure.
Lanisoh.
Superdrug
Its sold as a cream for nursing mothers.
I felt after ten months of pain,peeling,dreadful tingling,swelling and redness....that nothing would help. I wanted to rip my lips off my face it was so bad. Try it now ...! The effects become apparent after one day xxx
Shelleyknott@blueyonder.co.uk
Jake

Dallas, TX

#129 Jul 29, 2011
i am also trying the GrapeFruit Seed Extract spray & things are looking pretty good its the skin and wound spray made by NutriBiotic dont get the ointment bullcrap lol
Terri Kennedy

Spring, TX

#130 Sep 6, 2011
This is my second round of peeling lip syndrome. My first time was about 4 years ago. I was hoping that this was a one time thing. I went to the dermatologist, and basically it had to run it's course. It took almost 6 months to clear. Very painful, and nothing helped to make it feel better. My dermatologist seemed to think it was connected to a change in my hormones since I had just gone through Menopause when I had my first round. Still not able to find a cure or a treatment that will help make it feel better.
Cindy Lou

Bountiful, UT

#131 Sep 30, 2011
I have had peeling, numbness, redness and irritation for a couple of weeks... I am constantly putting on chap stick... I would really like to take care of this. Before my lips were very soft and like they should be.
Debbie

Waynesboro, VA

#132 Nov 14, 2011
I have been having a problem with extremely dry and itchy lips. The area above and below are also very dry an itchy. Sometimes they get hot and very red and occasionally feel like I am having bee stings around the edges. A lady at a whole foods store told me the miracles of coconut oil, and I tried that for awhile. Then I bought aquaphor and it really helped with dryness for awhile. But I would still have spurts where I was miserable. Went to dermatologist who suggested I use Dr. Dan's lip balm (I had to get CVS to order it for me). It has hydrocortisone in it which is supposed to help with itch. Didn't do much, so I went back to another dermatologist. He said I was definitely having an allergic reaction to something. THough I am not using anything different, he said something I am using probably had a change in it's formula. So for the last week, I have been brushing teeth with baking soda only and using no mouth wash, lip balm (I'm dying here) or lipstick. He prescribed Locoid Lipocream, which I saw someone else mention. The itching, burning, stinging, and redness has gone away, and my lips aren't near as dry. They are still a bit dry. Problem is, I am having blurry vision and irregular heartbeats, which I just googled a few minutes ago and found are side effects of this medicine. So I'm calling my dermatologist tomorrow. THe website I was on also said not to use it on lips, which is what he prescribed it for. UGH!
Sam

Bayonne, NJ

#133 Jan 7, 2012
I have suffered from peeling lips for many years, from the age of 16 and I am now 22 and have tried every single lip treatment out on the market and nothing has worked. I got so frustrated over the years that i would put anything i can think on my lips to make it stop, Its very frustrating and embarrassing to have your lip peel constantly and having to peel it off after it gets very dry and looks real bad. I am not sure what causes this peeling but i have been trying a couple of things and i have not peeled for a week now with out a problem, i have to say i feel great because i dont remember the last time my lips didnt peel, and after a week passing im pretty sure that it would last if i continue taking the vitamins and keep my lips moist. Go to Gnc and buy (Big 100)vitamin, its a mixture of all the vitamin B's. And I also take (Biotin 2500) its also a vitamin that promotes healthy skin. I am not sure if the Biotin 2500 is necessary or if its a combination of both that stops the peeling, but i take it with the Big 100 any way just in case. You only need to take 1 pill from each a day. Other than the vitamins I apply a small layer of over the counter (hydrocortizone creme 1%)which can be found at any pharmacy. You also have to keep your lips moist all the time so after you apply the hydrocortizone apply a small layer of (Blistex lip medex) which is a little blue jar that can be found at any store, I think its the best moisturizer after trying everything else. Remember to apply the Blistex before going to sleep as well. A combination of those 4 should hopefully stop your peeling. I know that is a lot of things you need to do but it is worth it when your lips do not peel anymore. I hope that you find relief from this condition.

Once again I am not sure if all that is listed is necessary to stop the pealing but a combination of the 4 has worked for me.

1.Big 100 B vitamin
2.Biotin 2500
3.Hydrocortizone 1%
4.Blistex lip medex
Sam

Bayonne, NJ

#134 Jan 10, 2012
I have suffered from peeling lips for many years, from the age of 16 and I am now 22 and have tried every single lip treatment out on the market and nothing has worked. I got so frustrated over the years that i would put anything i can think on my lips to make it stop, Its very frustrating and embarrassing to have your lip peel constantly and having to peel it off after it gets very dry and looks real bad. I am not sure what causes this peeling but i have been trying a couple of things and i have not peeled for a week now with out a problem, i have to say i feel great because i dont remember the last time my lips didnt peel, and after a week passing im pretty sure that it would last if i continue taking the vitamins and keep my lips moist. Go to Gnc and buy (Big 100)vitamin, its a mixture of all the vitamin B's. And I also take (Biotin 2500) its also a vitamin that promotes healthy skin. I am not sure if the Biotin 2500 is necessary or if its a combination of both that stops the peeling, but i take it with the Big 100 any way just in case. You only need to take 1 pill from each a day. You also have to keep your lips moist all the time apply a small layer of (Blistex lip medex) which is a little blue jar that can be found at any store, I think its the best moisturizer after trying everything else. Remember to apply the Blistex before going to sleep as well. A combination of those 4 should hopefully stop your peeling. I know that is a lot of things you need to do but it is worth it when your lips do not peel anymore. I hope that you find relief from this condition.

Once again I am not sure if all that is listed is necessary to stop the pealing but a combination of the 3 has worked for me.

1.Big 100 B vitamin
2.Biotin 2500
3.Blistex lip medex
Susiec1955

Yuba City, CA

#135 Feb 11, 2012
My dermatologist suggested using Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment. I also have Celiacs...it has worked for me.
James

United States

#136 Feb 11, 2012
Shit help me help me my lips look like crack cocaine
megan

Bellevue, WA

#137 May 1, 2012
my lips have been peeling and feeling raw, sticky sensation, and looks really red, been like that since 7 yrs ago. the problem started from peeling off the dry skin one day, ever since then it looks horrible. nothing has worked to make it heal. what is there to do, is there hope?
Daniel Miller

Tampa, FL

#138 May 16, 2012
Hi, I have been dealing with this problem for almost FOUR YEARS NOW. I have found a cure...I found it myself without some doctor trying to tell me what to do...because they honestly don't know what to do! If you want to see how I cured myself of peeling lips then go to the site I created www.cureforpeelinglips.com and I walk you through day by day, each step of the way. Stick to my regimine and you will be cured forever! NEVER LOOK AT CHAPSTICK AGAIN!

I hope this helps you guys, I spent countless hours creating this site and I know what it's like going through this...I'm here for you. If you have any questions there is a comment section and all my contact info is on the site if you need to email me personally. I am here for you! No one should have to live like this.

Good luck everyone!

-Daniel Miller

www.cureforpeelinglips.com
Peelinglips

Athens, GA

#139 Jun 30, 2012
I FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR SORE, PEELING LIPS! USE AN ANTI-FUNGAL CREAM, CLOTRIMAZOLE CREAM, AVAILABLE OVER THE COUNTER. I tried this after trying everything else such as hydrocortisone ointment, anti-bacterial ointment, Aquaphor, liquid band aid, petroleum jelly/Vaseline, but nothing helped except the clotrimazole anti-fungal cream, which healed my sore, peeling lips in one week! BTW, I too had the small, white bumps on my lips, which is why I ended up using an anti-fungal cream.
HopeToHelp

Romeoville, IL

#140 Sep 4, 2012
Alright, From what I've read, gone through, and studied (Studied from others and myself) The peeling can be caused by the disease known as exfoliative cheilitis. This is where the skin peels off all the dead skin in a never ending cycle. However; it can also be caused by quite a bit of other things also.For me, I had gotten headlice from my school somehow and didn't realize it, which killed me cause I take such good care of my hair, anyway lice release toxicins and sense I was stressed and got cold soars, the toxicin found the weak spot. My lips peeled off completely twice, and the cold soars were none stop, and were red and puffy. It was horrible. however using neosporin and carmex healed them, yes they peeled one more time after using BOTH use neosporin until all puffyness is gone then use carmax once in and morning and at night. I recommend the lip neosporin and the tube carmex not the chapstick. The chapstick seem to make them worse. Sun damage can also cause this. I'm now clean, healed, and all good. I hope this helps.
Emily

Southaven, MS

#141 Dec 27, 2012
Hi everyone I've had peeling lips for years... As a matter of fact I have trouble remembering them not peeling. I have no idea where it when it started, but I know that it's constant, somedays worse than others. N when they are not peeling I can tell when they are getting ready to cuziget this wierd white build up on my lips.... It's super gross but true. I went to the MD for an unrelated reason and was put on a allergy pill (Zyrtec/cetirizine) daily..... After about a week I noticed they started to heal. About a month after that I stopped taking the meds bcuz of pregnancy n my lips are peeling so bad they might fall of my face.... Sooo ice come to learn that if I take preventAtive allergy meds it controls my peeling problem. The odd thing about this is I had my allergies tested and I wasn't allergic to anything.....but in my line of work (dealing with doctors daily) you come to learn that over half of them don't have a clue! Sooo word to the wise always get a second, third, even fourth oppinion if ur not satisfied! Good luck
Evan

Winston Salem, NC

#142 Jan 23, 2013
Wow, it feels a little better to know im not the only one. I have also tried just about every supplement you can get at a pharmacy. This seems to be a very odd problem and yes it is frustrating, since it affects many aspects of your life, including love life. It saddens me to see all of you suffering too :/ im only 17 and my lips have been doing this for almost 3 years. I dont think anyone really has a cure that can be easily known yet.. but lets just keep trying to figure this out.
neha

New Delhi, India

#143 Feb 11, 2013
hi pinky...i am also suffering with the same condition. Are u still suffeeing with dis.....plz reply

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zits with a hard white mass. (and I mean hard) (Apr '07) 19 hr Julie lane 117
Small clear callous-like bumps on hand and finger (Jan '07) 20 hr brappppp 661
Thickened hyperpigmented places on top of feet (Jul '10) Sun clw1980 55
cold wet clammy scrotum (Feb '07) Sun Kova 38
Pleva? Is there ever going to be a cure???? (May '09) Sun duke 104
Painful tiny bumps on fingers (Jul '11) Sat Samantha R 232
Dry, red, itchy skin around nose (Sep '06) Sat MonicaFlys 1,585
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) Apr 18 molchik 1,661
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) Apr 17 calebhart54 281
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) Apr 17 Faye 448
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) Apr 9 Dolly Disco 358
More from around the web