Peeling lips
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Patrick

United States

#1 May 15, 2006
Ok about 1 year ago i was on zyban to help me quit smoking and it did i started it in oct. and ended it in april. Well a few weeks later my lips started peeling and being really dry and i have been to the dermatologist and he give me some cyclocort for my lips i used it for months 4+ and still nothing they still peel when they get wet or i drink something it turns white and peels its every 2 days or so.. I need help so i went back to the dermatologist and he said just keep using it.. which was in feb and still peeling. i have talked to a few ppl and they say keep them moisturized etc... and i do but it doesnt help. There has to be something wrong with me internally. What or who do i need to see about this. What should i tell my dermatologist he doesnt seem to get it.. I want to cure this i really cant take it anymore. The dry lips and peeling started last year around april so its been a year and nothing is better. Please help me. I have tried so many different types of moisturizers and natural ones and nothing will heal my lips.. Could i have an infection. I know to know what i can do about this.
sam

UK

#2 Oct 17, 2006
i am an early teen and my lips won't stop dring up and it is realy anoying.
Janine

Waukegan, IL

#3 Oct 17, 2006
Hi there! I started having the excessive peeling of my lips also last year and have been frustrated with it. I have found some things that are working.
I put Dandruff shampoo on them and let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it off.(One dermatologist said the problem might be yeast which also causes dandruff.) I also read that vitamin deficiencies could be the cause. I took an iron supplement and immediately saw a reduction in the peeling. I take iron daily plus I take prenatal vitamins because they have lots of folic acid and vitamin B. Or I use 2 multi-vitamins when I don't have the prenatal vitamins. I've seen much improvement. Hope it might help you too!
Angela

Shelter Island, NY

#4 Nov 18, 2006
Patrick, are your lips still peeling? Maybe try Vitamin E oil only.
Lisa

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Nov 19, 2006
I am also experiencing dry, peeling, fissured lips for the past 2 months. I have seen a dermatologist for it and her gave me a mild steroid ointment, and zinc oxide. Neither are working. I am at my wits end with this. The derm. is working me up for Sjogrens syndrome. This is a disease that causes drying of the mucous glands. Anyone else have this? I have used multiple OTC lip balms and nothing works. I take a multi vitamin with iron and no aother meds.My lips are sore, peeling, inflammed. Any one have some advice on this, or are experiencing the same thing??
Angela

Shelter Island, NY

#6 Nov 25, 2006
How did yours start (from an allergy/dermatitis, chapped lips, etc) Lisa?
Jacque

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jun 24, 2007
I have been going through a similar thing and I decided to use a grapefruit seed extract spray and my peeling lips are not peeling any more!!! Take care!
Patrick wrote:
Ok about 1 year ago i was on zyban to help me quit smoking and it did i started it in oct. and ended it in april. Well a few weeks later my lips started peeling and being really dry and i have been to the dermatologist and he give me some cyclocort for my lips i used it for months 4+ and still nothing they still peel when they get wet or i drink something it turns white and peels its every 2 days or so.. I need help so i went back to the dermatologist and he said just keep using it.. which was in feb and still peeling. i have talked to a few ppl and they say keep them moisturized etc... and i do but it doesnt help. There has to be something wrong with me internally. What or who do i need to see about this. What should i tell my dermatologist he doesnt seem to get it.. I want to cure this i really cant take it anymore. The dry lips and peeling started last year around april so its been a year and nothing is better. Please help me. I have tried so many different types of moisturizers and natural ones and nothing will heal my lips.. Could i have an infection. I know to know what i can do about this.
Jacque

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jun 24, 2007
Use grapefruit seed extract for peeling lips. It is made by Nutribiotic. It has completely stopped my peeling lip problem!!! You will be amazed.
Teri

Jackson, TN

#9 Jun 25, 2007
Drink plenty of water. Dehydration can cause dry or chapped lips... also air conditioner in car can dry out lips.
Neem

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#10 Jul 5, 2007
r u sure the skin of ur lips are completely healed?can u give a description of how ur lips were before using 'Grapefruit Seed Extract Spray'? If possible please provide a link for it's information...:)Neem
Joshua

AOL

#11 Jul 10, 2007
I looked on the site, and I could only find liquids and pills that you have to ingest. Where can you get the spray from?
happy

Eugene, OR

#12 Jul 14, 2007
I too had the peeling lip sydrome and found out that I had a pultry allergy cleared up within 3 days!
happy

Eugene, OR

#13 Jul 14, 2007
sorry bad typing that's poultry (eggs and chx.)
Eagerly

Gwynn Oak, MD

#14 Aug 10, 2007
Jacque wrote:
Use grapefruit seed extract for peeling lips. It is made by Nutribiotic. It has completely stopped my peeling lip problem!!! You will be amazed.
I am sufferung from the same peeling of my lips since 7 yrs. Its like every 3-4 days they peel of completely. I am seriously looking for some solution and found this.

Can you please tell me how long did it take to stop the peeling when you started using this grape seed extract? And how bad was your peeling, was it same as my condition?
Please answer these and save a life. I want to try this..thank you so much..waiting for ur reply eagerly..
Eagerly

Gwynn Oak, MD

#15 Aug 10, 2007
I want to add to my previous post..

Is this grape seed extract a capsule or a liquid.
If it is a liquid how should I use it?
thanks..
Alex

Sacramento, CA

#16 Aug 30, 2007
I've been suffering from this for 9yrs now and I've only come across a couple of derm forums that has this topic.

I've never heard of this grape seed extract spray?

I also would like to know how exactly has it healed your lips?

Is it completely back to the way it was before or has the skin stopped growing or healing?

It seems like there's no solution!
dee

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Sep 22, 2007
How long did you use the grape fruit extract before you lips stop peeling?
Jacque wrote:
Eagerly

Baltimore, MD

#18 Oct 17, 2007
Did any one get a chance to try Grapefruit seed extract. All i find is either the liquid or tablets not spray..

I started using calendula ointment since 2 months and drinking V8 veg juice twice a day since week. Noticed very little improvement in the color from raw red/pink to little better. Peeling is still there for most part of it..

Please let me know if anyone else has tried Grapefruit seed extract...if so what are the results and how long it did take to heal? liquid or tablets? website also please..
kartik

Delhi, India

#19 Oct 25, 2007
Jacque wrote:
how bad was your peeling lips before u applied the gravesedd thing?
Linda

Venice, FL

#20 Oct 28, 2007
I am going crazy with this peeling, dry lip problem! I think mine may have started from a side effect from using Zoloft this past summer - that is the only thng externally that I had different. I am off the Zoloft now for all of 2 months but the lips are worse. My Dr still thinks its from the Zoloft but you would think it would start getting better. He told me to use Vitamin E oil. I am so desperate to get rid of this condition I think I may over use stuff. I just started aloe - directly from the plant in my yard! It has eased the pain the most so I will try it for another week. To think of having this for years is scary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) 5 hr nickandre 1,678
Small clear callous-like bumps on hand and finger (Jan '07) 7 hr Liam 670
lump got a blister thing & popped but still a h... 9 hr eve 4
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) 12 hr crazyKid 387
Fingertip Wart (Aug '06) 13 hr Brigitte 83
rash on face associated with menstrual cycle (Mar '10) 20 hr Mari 133
South Beach Lightening Gel for Anal bleaching?? (Nov '09) 22 hr Varsha 11
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) Mon JJ-Jules 456
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) Jun 23 Successful123 313
Small, "tapioca like" bumps on fingers and palms (Aug '07) Jun 8 shannen 475
More from around the web