Friction burn on penis-won't heal!

Posted in the Dermatology Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

Atlanta, GA

#1 Apr 6, 2011
I've had a friction burn on my penis for almost 1 year.It started during sex but unfortunately I kept going(after feeling the burn).Then had sex at least 2 more times before letting it heal completely,even though the burning sensation got worse and worse.I've been to a dermatologist(he says the skin looks normal and there is nothing he can do)and a urologist who gave me Prednisone(Steroid)and Neurontin(I'm currently taking)both with no results.I constantly feel a burning sensation...even when the penis is not touched.

I'm aware(afraid)there might be nerve damage and have not had sex or masturbation for weeks at a time(so as not to further inflame the area).

Is there anyone out there that has had this problem and knows how to cure it?
Bagaso

Gaborone, Botswana

#2 Apr 23, 2011
same here bro....months and still wont hel,,,,tried everything
baffled

Beaverton, OR

#4 Dec 24, 2011
read the "penis skin irritation" thread.
Lots of similar experience to what you describe.
Mike

Canada

#5 Mar 5, 2012
For anyone suffering from PENIS BURN, i have the REAL ANSWER. okay so i masturbated prone for a while, 3 years later i still have this friction burn going from the base to head of my penis. i was searching for answers, and came across Bioskincare website . So it sounded really convincing that this cream would help, so i purchased some. 2months later and i am 60% healed! i feel great because i thought this disfigurement would become permanent. the only downside is this cream is a little pricey, but trust me you must buy it , worth every penny! message me for details, I am eager to help!!! [email protected]
Mike

Canada

#6 Mar 5, 2012
Bagaso wrote:
same here bro....months and still wont hel,,,,tried everything
For anyone suffering from PENIS BURN, i have the REAL ANSWER. okay so i masturbated prone for a while, 3 years later i still have this friction burn going from the base to head of my penis. i was searching for answers, and came across Bioskincare website . So it sounded really convincing that this cream would help, so i purchased some. 2months later and i am 60% healed! i feel great because i thought this disfigurement would become permanent. the only downside is this cream is a little pricey, but trust me you must buy it , worth every penny! message me for details, I am eager to help!!! [email protected]
Hippo

Liverpool, UK

#7 Jun 26, 2012
Mike wrote:
s

So what's the name of this product and did it work? And what's ure burn like mines kinda patchy and when u look close u can see we're a very thin layer of skin has rubbed off
Dr_Alex

Woburn, MA

#8 Feb 15, 2013
Did your dermatologist consider psoriasis? This skin condition can affect the penis as well as other parts of the body and would cause the symptoms you describe. Cortisone treatments can be effective, but they may also cause thinning of the penis skin. Once the skin has healed, you may be able to reduce the likelihood of further outbreaks by using a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) containing vitamins A and E, which are often used in treating psoriasis.
Trains

Orleans, Canada

#9 Feb 23, 2013
I also had a friction burn on the head of my penis. It burned,itched like crazy.I also tore a small area under the head. I tryed most of the stuff on here. Not much help. I put up with it for 3 weeks and asked at the drug store. She said it's probley a fungus from peeing and she gave me Jock itch cream and a anti itch cream. Avalible over the counter.
It work like a charm. In three days the redness was less and a week later it's gone competely.

Works for me and I hope it works for you.
Treb

Australia

#10 Mar 17, 2013
Gonna try make this post brief.

Ill begin by saying that ive had this problem now for over 6 months, started by having sex with multiple women without a condom and going a bit too hard at it. Had the burning feeling eversince and dry flaking skin on the head of the penis. Tried extra virgin coconut oil initially cause heard it was good for moisturising and if it was a yeast infection which i intially assumed it was coconut oil has good antifungal properties. Anyway months went by and no signs of my penis getting any better, even tried man1 man oil which didnt help at all.

Going through random forum posts, someone on mentioned using penaten cream, i had nothing to lose so i ordered it online. Used it on the first day by applying lightly over the affected area and just left it on for a whole day and overnight and instantly saw improvement the next day, i was even able to have sex the following night with my current partner. Going to continue to use it now till the symptom completely goes away hopefully... and its looking promising.

The only downside to Penaten is its thick and does not absorb into the skin if your going to wash it off the next morning make sure you use a soap free wash such as dermeze (which im using) to as not to irritate or dry out the affected area again.

Well, help this info will help some of you guys out there. I know how it feels to have this severely depressing problem.
Caingo

Evansville, IN

#11 Apr 15, 2013
What ive done that seems to work is to not masturbate or have sex, not even oral. and when i go to pee instead off pulling my skin back all the way i pull it back just enough to let out a straight stream and not back enough to where the cuts open up, do that for about a week and you should see results. you should be able to pull it back and clean it, because there will be a white substance all over the head. don't be alarmed, it's just canadia which protects the penis from infection.. when you get canadia overgrowth then thats when you have a yeast infection. when it heals fully have less or delicate oral sex and when you have sex either use a condom or be easy until a few weeks when it is 100% healed! reducing friction is the key!!
Andrew

Apo, AE

#13 Aug 21, 2013
I have a bad habit of rubbing against my bed in my sleep, and i ended up with friction burns, had it for over 2 years. I have red spots on both sides that tear easily with friction used a lot of vaseline and neosporin but no good the skin is too thin. so i wanna know if anyone knows something that will restrengthen the skin and maybe get my original coloring back, because i hate that it looks like i have an std.
Craig

Buffalo, NY

#14 Sep 1, 2013
Neosporin cured the itching over night along with plenty of air and healed me completely within a few days.
Jay

Toms River, NJ

#15 Sep 9, 2013
I have the same issue. Did you find what helps with this?
Obsean

Chandler, AZ

#16 Sep 10, 2013
I have been taking niacin for cholesterol and recently stopped taken the and problems started. I am getting back on it to see if it cures the friction burn. Niacin supposedly has skin benefits as I learned from a peanut commercial of all things. It's the only thing that had changed so I am going to test my theory when I get back on them.
T dog

United States

#17 Dec 17, 2013
Use hydrocortizon cream 1 % that's how I got rid of mine it only comes back whin I play with my self to much
are Jay

Jennings, LA

#18 Dec 29, 2013
What is the name of the cream
Will Taylor

Allison Park, PA

#19 Jan 13, 2014
Don't have sex or masturbate for 2-3 days. If you do, it will make the injury worse and lead to worse problems down the road. During these several days completely cover the burn with neosporin. Use more than you would think to. Apply neosporin at night and it should heal in a few days if you leave it alone
LaVoza

Freeport, NY

#20 Apr 4, 2014
Treb wrote:
Gonna try make this post brief.
Ill begin by saying that ive had this problem now for over 6 months, started by having sex with multiple women without a condom and going a bit too hard at it. Had the burning feeling eversince and dry flaking skin on the head of the penis. Tried extra virgin coconut oil initially cause heard it was good for moisturising and if it was a yeast infection which i intially assumed it was coconut oil has good antifungal properties. Anyway months went by and no signs of my penis getting any better, even tried man1 man oil which didnt help at all.
Going through random forum posts, someone on mentioned using penaten cream, i had nothing to lose so i ordered it online. Used it on the first day by applying lightly over the affected area and just left it on for a whole day and overnight and instantly saw improvement the next day, i was even able to have sex the following night with my current partner. Going to continue to use it now till the symptom completely goes away hopefully... and its looking promising.
The only downside to Penaten is its thick and does not absorb into the skin if your going to wash it off the next morning make sure you use a soap free wash such as dermeze (which im using) to as not to irritate or dry out the affected area again.
Well, help this info will help some of you guys out there. I know how it feels to have this severely depressing problem.
I second the Penaten cream. I'm not 100% but works far better than anything else I have tried.
mr ps

United States

#21 Apr 7, 2014
Afletes foot cream before bed and you will see results that next morning dont know how it works but it does
Jeff_Mac

Medford, MA

#23 Dec 7, 2014
Ok I have had the same problem for about a month now had friction burn on penis from sex and nothing that I was doing seemed to help.... Until I sat for one night and started thinking I have a 3month old son who got circumcised and when he did the hospital told us to put a small amount of VASOLINE around the raw area where it was done... So I started to think maybe...just maybe it might work after about a week of applying VASOLINE on the burn it is looking a lot better now I'm not a doctor so I'm not saying this will always work just that it seems to be doing the trick for me.... You might want to give it a try...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bump on nose (Jan '07) 3 hr John 795
Purpura Annularis Telangiectodes Majocchi Disease 3 hr Sammy 1
Small clear callous-like bumps on hand and finger (Jan '07) 20 hr Nemo 690
Small, "tapioca like" bumps on fingers and palms (Aug '07) Wed Dave 494
Red Non-Itchy Rash On My Abdomen, Inner Arms, &... (Jun '12) Tue Elizabeth 78
i keep getting a Rash on my face everytime i wa... (Feb '12) Tue Rod 11
small itchy blisters--differing diagnoses (Mar '08) Tue tyn68_1 269
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) Tue A little help 385
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) May 22 Cancer sucks 493
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) May 15 Matt 1,739
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) May 14 Oiterspaceabon 513
More from around the web