First Prev
of 13
Next Last
kdk

Binghamton, NY

#1 Oct 6, 2006
Yesterday I noticed that small dark spots had developed under the skin of my fingertip. I washed my hands initially thinking it was a stain, but it did not go away. I was going to ignore it until today I noticed more small dark spots on the fingertip of my other hand.
Is this an idication of anything?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
syi

Kami-nagaregawacho, Japan

#2 Nov 16, 2006
Have you figured out what it is yet? Did the spots go away? I noticed the same thing this morning...
Alex

Thunder Bay, Canada

#3 Jan 31, 2007
I too, have experienced this same phenomenon.
Light brown spots on my fingertips when I woke up, no amount of scrubbing will remove them...I had the same thing a couple of days ago as well. It has since become barely noticeable but is still there. This is pretty disturbing, as I can think of nothing that I came in contact with that would cause this. Anybody shed some light?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Axl

Halifax, Canada

#4 Apr 29, 2008
Same thing here, noticed a spot on one of my fingers last week, but it has since gone away. Then today, I see these brown spots on my right thumb. Any idea what this is?
hazelmound

Vancouver, WA

#5 Aug 30, 2008
i just noticed multiples of little brown or black spots under my skin on the fingertips of my left hand. my right fingertips have them as well but not as many. i recently left vancouver bc canada. i was visting there during this listerosis. i wonder if this has anythiing to do with the food poisoning.
Lizzy 911

Rochester, NY

#6 Jan 27, 2009
i noticed on my fingertips several little brown dots i've been searching the web and found no answers any ideas?
syphilis

Atwater, CA

#7 Apr 11, 2009
syphilis boys and girls
sam

Forestville, Australia

#8 Apr 22, 2009
my baby has a brown finger tip also. i dont think it could b syphilis
confused

New York, NY

#9 Apr 28, 2009
same here. cluster of dark pinpoint sized dots on the fingertip of my middle finger on my right hand! Never thought I would find anything when I researched this but now I find this whole thread.....somebody ....anybody! Got any answers???
Rieley

United States

#10 May 1, 2009
i have the same thing, small brown specs on finger tip under skin......kind of weird.....need some info....please
shakoi

Tampa, FL

#11 May 4, 2009
My son who is 13 has a brown spot on one of his finger. I still could not find the answer.
maybe just maybe

Humble, TX

#12 May 14, 2009
too all who have posted here - except the syphillis remark, good grief - do any of you remember doing something strenous with your hand prior to seeing the spots? i wonder if these could be the result of capillaries in the fingertips popping due to a strenuous activity of some sort? thanks
Jess

Portland, OR

#13 May 20, 2009
I just noticed a bunch of dark brown speckeld on the finger tips of my left hand. I like your idea "maybe just maybe" about there being an underlying cause but I doubt it has to do wiht strenuous activity for two reasons.1) It is occuring in different fingers at different times so unless people are using just one finger it doesn't add up. 2.) I have done now such strenuous activities today.

I wonder two things: Which hand is it on for the most part? and What substances out of the ordinary have been touched?

My answers; It's on my left hand, and I work in a lab that uses methanol to clean things. Today I cleaned a lot.

Anybody with ideas ?
maybe just maybe

Humble, TX

#14 May 21, 2009
Hey Jess...good points, well taken. You hit on something I think.... I don't use methanol often, but do have immediate access to it here at work as well. I used it not too long ago, so maybe there is something to that after all!

Thanks!! I will test the theory today!
Nate

Charlotte, NC

#15 Jun 5, 2009
I have this too on the tip of my left index finger. A lot of brown pin-point spots,

It has been there for at least a couple years and sometimes it is more apparent than other times. I have not noticed it on any other fingers.

When I first noticed it, I thought my finger was dirty, but you can't wash it off.

It almost looks like what a hickey would look like but not so red, more of a brown color.

Has anyone seen a doctor and know what it is?
sid

Marcus Hook, PA

#16 Jun 6, 2009
Ok so I have these little needle point spots all over the tips of my fingers expect the thumbs. And I just noticed it. Very weird. I washed my hands and rubbed them hard to try and get it off but they wouldn't come off. I'm just a houswife so I don't mess with any chemicals besides the norm cleaning product and I haven't done anything strenuous . I'm kind of nervous. I'm thinking maybe I should make a doctors appt. If they don't go away soon. This is really weird. Anybody have any info on what this may be. I found nothing on the internet.
DHH in NYC

New York, NY

#17 Jun 13, 2009
I have this same problem and recently saw a dermatologist about it. She thinks it is something called purpora (?) and that usually it is harmless. I had some bloodwork done and we're awaiting the results. I noticed it a few months ago, then realized the spots were not going away (but also not expanding or spreading). Will let people know what I learn. DHH
Victor

Pasadena, TX

#18 Jul 24, 2009
Just noticed the same thing my middle finger. I'm kind of freaked out by them.
Gazteb

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Aug 6, 2009
The tip of my left index finger and the tip of my right middle finger tiny little brown spots just started on my left finger a few days ago then today i noticed them on my middle finger WTF is this?
MLG

Laredo, TX

#20 Aug 13, 2009
i have the same thing. i noticed it this morning on two of my fingers. they dont itch or feel uncomfortable. i do notice some tingling in my hands and fingers though. i had some wine last night, but that is all i could think of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
!HELP! Buldging arm veins (Apr '07) 13 hr ShirleyWill12 391
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) 19 hr calebhart54 281
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) 22 hr Faye 448
Is this a plantar wart on my heel? Thu Pablos 3
Why am I incapable of forming callouses/scars? Apr 15 bkozak1990 1
Small, "tapioca like" bumps on fingers and palms (Aug '07) Apr 15 rachelle 472
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) Apr 15 AndrewHH 1,660
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) Apr 9 Dolly Disco 358
Zits with a hard white mass. (and I mean hard) (Apr '07) Mar '15 miquel 116
More from around the web