tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

I don't think anyone knows exactly what these bumps are because the sites recommended say they are not contagious and my ex-husband got them after we were together and my fiance has them now. I to have been treated with steriods, drying liquid (for excessive sweating) and itch creams in the past but nothing has gotten rid of them. Thinking maybe the were scabies i did two treatments for those also, to no relieve. I wish a doctor would figure out this nuisance bumps.
NoName

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

Judged:

Lynne wrote:
PEOPLE!!! Everyone is asking "what os ot, do you know what it is?" All over this thread we have determined it is in fact [called "dyshidrosis," a skin condition characterized by small blisters on the sides of the hands or feet. Here's the Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyshidrosis ]
Lynne... please take no offense but I believe the reason individual are still posting is because the diagnosis of dyshydrosis does not match what many of us are experiencing. I have clear small bumps on my hands... not on my feet. They neither itch nor hurt. When I clip them off (using a fingernail clipper) it does not hurt. The bumps, however, come back, but are not bigger nor smaller than the original bump. They come back when the new skin forms over the clipped area. One person mentioned some relationship to HFMD (Hand foot and mouth disease.... which is not at all related to the foot and mouth disease that occurred in Great Britain). It usually doesn't effect adults, but it can. I cught it from my daughter, who caught from someone in her daycare years ago. This disease causes blisters on your hand that eventually heal. However, about a year after, these smaller clear bumps came back and haven't gone away. I too can't help but think that there is some relationship to the coxsakie virus (which possibly remains dormant in the body) and these small clear painless blisters.
Noelle

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

Hi Amanda...

You're second picture looks like what is on my hand at the present. I have two teeny tiny bumps that are itchy at the base of my finger.

Problem is that I've been itchy all over my body for the past two months and the itch travels! Sometimes it's on my face, my head, neck, legs, hands. It's weird. There is no rash anywhere except these two tiny dots on my hands.

I've never had anything like this before, and have no money to go to doctor.

Help!
SameAsNoName

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2007

Just like NoName I have these bumps also.
They neither itch nor hurt.
They do spread!
At first they would be taken care of by cutting them off with nail clippers.
Only coming back slowly.
Now I have them all over my palms and underside of my fingers.
They spreading very rapidly now.
They also return rapidly, overnight!
Doesn't anyone have any idea what this is?
As I said, no pain, no itching, and they are about the size of a sharp pencil point.
They look like a clearish bump with nothing inside.
They are sometimes all white.
They in groups are very anoying and cause me to go after them with nail clippers only to re-establish a smoothness of touch.
They really are getting bad now.
I will be seeing a doctor, but some sort of input as to what this is would be welcomed!
lexxy

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2007

well today (11-25-07) i woke up and noticed these little bumps on my hands and they itched really bad..i put lotion on them to see if that would keep them from getting dry. it did but then i picked at them and all that came out was clear liquid. the bumps look like they are deep under my skin but they itch soo bad and now that i have already picked at them they sting too.

please help.
Tom

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

I have the same issue, exactly like images of dyshidrotic eczema (Pompholyx) that i can find anywhere. Nice to know what it is now!

Strangely, my girl friend had it when I met her and after about 2 years being with her I also developed the problem.

I find i develop them on my hands, but only where there is no hair present. I also get them on the sides of my feet.

As for treatment, I find that if I keep the site very clean they will stop spreading and fade away over 1 or 2 days - however if the site isnt kept clean (i.e, dirty socks) the affected site will expand and surrounding skin becomes red and flakey.

Also popping a blister almost always causes spread of the issue, leading me to beleive that its triggered through a secreted hormone. I didnt have it on my hands for years untill i popped a blister on my foot - the next week i had the blisters on my hand.

My girlfriend had it bad on both her hands for more than a year, they were to the point of cracking and being very painful. I confinced her to stop scratching and popping the blisters and after a few weeks it was drasticly improved.

I find that it only initialy appears on soft, hairless skin, but can easily spread to palms/soles if you pop blisters and dont keep in clean.

Hope any of these observations i have made over the past several years helps some of you and prevent this type of eczema from spreading, as it can be very nasty when mistreated.
Rocky

River Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Mary - Ireland wrote:
I found small skin coloured bumps on my palms two days ago, more seem to be appearing probably about 20 on each the size of a pen nib.They aren't itchy or particularly sore but if i put pressure directly on a bump it hurts. They are hardly visible but i see the centres of them are slightly darker. From what I have read i fear they may be a type of wart.I haven't had warts since I was a child! Can anyone shed any light on this for me please? do they sound like warts at a young stage or is it someting else? They are too small to treat with salylic acid.
I believe it is molluscum contagiosum. Look it up. I had it when I younger and I think it can come back. Plus they have dark centers or dents in the top of them. I had to get the frozen off but then they were gone forever
Rocky

River Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

SameAsNoName wrote:
Just like NoName I have these bumps also.
They neither itch nor hurt.
They do spread!
At first they would be taken care of by cutting them off with nail clippers.
Only coming back slowly.
Now I have them all over my palms and underside of my fingers.
They spreading very rapidly now.
They also return rapidly, overnight!
Doesn't anyone have any idea what this is?
As I said, no pain, no itching, and they are about the size of a sharp pencil point.
They look like a clearish bump with nothing inside.
They are sometimes all white.
They in groups are very anoying and cause me to go after them with nail clippers only to re-establish a smoothness of touch.
They really are getting bad now.
I will be seeing a doctor, but some sort of input as to what this is would be welcomed!
I have these too! They drive me insane! I keep picking them off but they always return like the next day. Are they like flat, kind of shiny, and just flesh colored? My father has them as well, I am wondering if it could be hereditary or something. Because it doesn't fit any type of wart. I also thought maybe it could be glass stuck in your hand that the skin has formed around? My friend said something about that...
dawn

Farnham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

i'm suffering with this problem on both my hands and feet.
it's been going on for about a year now. started alot on my hands over the past few days.
my feet are starting to clear up now. i've been given emolliant for my feet. i'm gonaa go to the doctore at some point next week with the information i have gathered from shak and see what he suggests.
thanks
Teri

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

I also have these bumps and they are becoming a bit annoying. In the past I have gotten a few here and there. These usually go away. Now my palm is covered with them. I have a possible issue with nickle just recently. I can't even wear my wedding ring anymore. Also, as many of the women have said (although I have not read all 109 comments)I do also have PCOS. That's either a strange coincidence or maybe PCOS is just that common now. Anyway I'm so happy to finally figure out what this may be. It was really bothering me.
Help

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

I have the same thing as this..
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Lilangelw...
On my hands and finger, but they so itch.
I also have itching problems on my elbows, calfs, and upper back thighs. I have had them for a while now and they itch terrible at time.. It seems as they may be slowly progressing, but I'm not sure. I don't know what it is, or what I should do.
So is anyone finds anything out about this.. please, let me know.
rachel

Clearwater Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2007

i have callous looking bumps all over my fingers, and not on my palms or anything. they itch rarley but they hurt or feel sore when i put pressure on them. i looked up "molluscum contagiosum" because the lady up at the top seemed like she had almost what i had but they dont look like that at all. you can barley see them but they are all over my fingers on both hands, and i have no idea what it is, they are a pain in the butt so please help me out?!
brook

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

i have these clearish bumps just like everyone else is deiscribing , i noticed it a couple weeks ago , i was worried , but everyone said it was nothing , now my palm is pealing a little , and little ones will apear , and just sort of peal .
my palm sweats alot , i think its all hormones also , but it doesnt look like those links at all .
LCT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2008

brook wrote:
i have these clearish bumps just like everyone else is deiscribing , i noticed it a couple weeks ago , i was worried , but everyone said it was nothing , now my palm is pealing a little , and little ones will apear , and just sort of peal .
my palm sweats alot , i think its all hormones also , but it doesnt look like those links at all .
This sounds exactly like what I have - my Dad gets them now as well. I went to the dermatologist, but forgot what she said it was. I didn't have an outbreak when I went to her, but she seemed to know exactly what it was when I decribed it. She gave me some sort of ointment to apply when I have an outbreak so I'll see how it works out with this. I do remember that she said it was hereditary which would explain why my dad has them (although he started having outbreaks just this winter and I've had them for a few years now). I will bookmark this forum and get back with the name of the prescription.
Karen

Destrehan, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

I went to the dr. for the bumps on my fingers. He said it is Granuloma Annulare. Nothing to worry about unless you are diabetic. Just Google it and you will get all the info.
josh

Greensborough, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

I've noticed small skin coloured lumps on the top of most of my fingers. They have been visible for around 3 days and have become dense in some places.
They dont itch or sting what so ever just they just aren't very attractive.
If anyone can help me in treating them or informing me more i would greatly appreciate it.
IRAQ_AFGHAN VET

Farmville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2008

HI
I GET THESE BUMPS AS WELL. I HAVE ONY GOTTEN THEM TWICE, THIS IS MY SECOND TIME AND THE SAME TIME EACH TIME.(JAN) I AM MILITARY IN THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE WAR, AND SOMETHING I CAME IN CONTACT WITH. MINE IS ON BOTH HANDS, ITCH SOMETIMES, NO PAIN, AND UNSIGHTLY. DOCTERS TOOK A SKIN PLUG TO TEST IT TO SEE WHAT IT WAS. I WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED ON WHAT THE FINDINGS ARE. I WILL TRY TO POST PICS ONCE I FIGURE OUT HOW.
MORE TO FOLLOW,
darian

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

as almost all of these people i have it to, i have complained to my mom. she says it is dry skin. i use lotion everyday. it is not helping. i've had this for about month and a half now. it is these little blister lke things that itch, like crazy. that started on my hand, then it's worked it'sself around. where eve it feels to go. i'm getting very scared and i need someone to tell me what it is? if you have any idea,'cause i know it is not dry skin.
please help, thanks.=)
Rod

Burlington, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Darian, Dyshidrosis (a.k.a. Pompholyx) has been a minor irritant for me, for around 10 years. I got it on the sole of my right foot. 2-4 blisters at a time, on a monthly basis. I was rarely free of them. I suffered from abdominal pain throughout the same period, but I never linked the 2 things. 6 months ago when I went Gluten-free and my abdominal pain cleared up! Interestingly, so did my Pompholyx. I知 not sure if I知 Ciliac or simply allergic to wheat, but I知 certain that my wheat sensitivity is related to my mild Pompholyx.
darian

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

Rod wrote:
Darian, Dyshidrosis (a.k.a. Pompholyx) has been a minor irritant for me, for around 10 years. I got it on the sole of my right foot. 2-4 blisters at a time, on a monthly basis. I was rarely free of them. I suffered from abdominal pain throughout the same period, but I never linked the 2 things. 6 months ago when I went Gluten-free and my abdominal pain cleared up! Interestingly, so did my Pompholyx. I知 not sure if I知 Ciliac or simply allergic to wheat, but I知 certain that my wheat sensitivity is related to my mild Pompholyx.
i looked that up, and mine are not that bad. mine are like,< http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/daria... i told my mom today i will have to go to the docter soon, she said if they don't go away. in the next few weeks, she told me to make sure it's not dry skin cause i don't look stupid to the docter. but i know that isn't dry skin. the little blisters are not really noticeable. but i know they are there, and they itch sometimes. they also have this clear stuff in them, and it seems like they are so much that comes out of them, and then they will go away. then a few days later 2 will come back. sometimes, they are worst than other times. i think i get them from a friend, but she got something for it. an they are gone now. she don't know what it is called,'cause i asked her in class. she said she l ask her mom. they are 3 one the side of my hand and are about to go away. i'm scared some will come back.but we will see. thank you so much for trying it help me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••