Small clear callous-like bumps on han...

Small clear callous-like bumps on hand and finger

Posted in the Dermatology Forum

First Prev
of 36
Next Last
Amanda C

New Haven, CT

#1 Jan 26, 2007
I have had this strange clearish bump on the side of my palm for as long as I can remember now. When It first appeared it was small and I picked it off. A month later it came back a little larger. I kept repeating this process until it looked like this:
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com /albums/y4/Lilangelwings/stuff /IMG_1881.jpg[/IMG]
On the right is circled a smaller one that appeared a year later. Both grew to those sizes and have been like that for many years. The skin of the bump is tough, almost like a soft callous, and thick.
A couple of days ago I noticed 3 tiny bumps on the inside of my pinky finger on the same hand. Today I looked at them and now there are 11 or 12 of them. These are similar to what the above ones looked like at first but arent growing. Also, the original ones are becomming softer and seem to be going away while more pop up. I definately think they are different.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com /albums/y4/Lilangelwings/stuff /IMG_1880.jpg[/IMG]
The ones on the side of my hands arent warts. If they were, they should have gone away by now. I have also tried to freeze them with absolutely no success.
If anyone knows what this is, please help. I would greatly appreciate it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amanda C

New Haven, CT

#2 Jan 26, 2007
I forgot to add that they dont hurt or itch in any way either.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Melanie

Kensington, Australia

#3 Feb 6, 2007
I think I have these too! I am going to a dermatologist today for an unrelated matterand will ask him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bri

Waipahu, HI

#4 Feb 9, 2007
Amanda C wrote:
I forgot to add that they dont hurt or itch in any way either.
i have the same thing, please let me know if you find anything out..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lynn

London, Canada

#5 Mar 10, 2007
I have these too. They don't hurt or itch and come and go over time. Stress exacerbates them, but I'm certain it's a hormonal reaction. Does anyone else have PCOS?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Michelle Knutson

Fairfax, CA

#6 Mar 16, 2007
I have these too! Warm weather seems to make them worse, and I think they may have something to do with perspiration. Please post if you find more, as I will...
Michelle Knutson

Fairfax, CA

#7 Mar 16, 2007

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Michelle Knutson

Fairfax, CA

#8 Mar 16, 2007

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
clare

UK

#9 Mar 21, 2007
Lynn wrote:
I have these too. They don't hurt or itch and come and go over time. Stress exacerbates them, but I'm certain it's a hormonal reaction. Does anyone else have PCOS?
i have pcos and also have these strange lumps, i dont know what they are though
heather

Kodak, TN

#10 Mar 24, 2007
i have one of these on my palm. tiny, same color as my palm and i have pcos. NOTHING like those two links there. a little like the pic but not yellow or anything just looks like a little blister. don't bother me so i don't bother it. pcos people do you have problems with levels of calcium(causing blood in urine), potassium levels, fluid etc. i am sure of the insulin resistance, cholesterol, spare tire belly, and all that stuff that goes with it but i wondered about these other things as well.
also i had problems with my hands and feet wanting to be clammy/sweaty for many years before the pcos was found. anyone else?
Phil

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 27, 2007
I have these tiny bumps on my hands, fingers, arms, shoulders, and a small patch on my fourhead. The thing is they do itch sometimes. Ive had them for 3 days now and it seems to spread very slowly,
Jess

Mumbai, India

#12 Mar 30, 2007
I have the same thing. What can I do about the itching?
Phil

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 1, 2007
I use cortozone, and Calagel, they both stop the itching, but only for 10-20 mins. its ben 8 days and only a bit of change from the first day.
Chris

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Apr 6, 2007
I look at the pictures and mind do not look like that. I also went to a doctor to remove this (I call it a inside bump)it came back. I only have one on pinky on the finger print side, I just keep on clipping it with fingernail clippers. To get rid of the feeling of it for at least 2-3 weeks. I dont know what it is. I know it not a wart.
Phil

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 8, 2007
where do u have them? Do you have dry rough patches any where? if so i know how to slowly get rid of it.
andy

Waterville, ME

#16 Apr 8, 2007
all of my symptoms match except it's painful when i touch them- not itchy though.
Alicia

Freeport, Bahamas

#17 Apr 13, 2007
I saw the page about Pompholyx and it looks exactly like that. One thing to note is that I also have PCOS. I just got another outbreak after several months of nothing. My hands aren't particularly clammy or sweaty, so I have no idea what could be causing this.
Shak

Bethesda, MD

#18 Apr 15, 2007
Wow, I'm so glad to have found this thread. My "outbreak" started about 3-4 days ago when it was just on the center of my right palm. Now it has spread to both hands, and there are many small bumps near fingers and thumbs. I'm going to try soaking it in salt water and hydrogen peroxide to see if that produces any change.

My hands get warm sometimes so I have a glass full of ice and water that I hold occasionally to cool it down, but it doesn't seem to help too much.
Raych

Concord, CA

#19 Apr 16, 2007
How weird....I never connected these to PCOS which I have but I have been getting the bumps off and on for many years before I knew what PCOS was.

I find that when they pop or go away, my skin peels in that area.
Shak

Bethesda, MD

#20 Apr 17, 2007
Hello everyone,

I advise you guys to check out this website:
http://www.geocities.com/vyera/dyshidrosis/ma...

It seems to have a lot of information about the disease and there is a yahoo group about the conditions that is pretty active. You'll get a quicker response there !

Good luck fighting Dyshidrosis!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grid like pattern of red cricles on back (May '12) 20 hr pinglehey 12
Anyone know if concealers can block hair growth? Wed Jane89430 1
Black stuff when I wipe my face? Tue Jane89430 1
Do I have herpes Tue LittleGirl12ly 1
How do I treat bulging veins on forehead? (Jul '08) Tue Veiny2017 1,261
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) Tue Eric G 1,813
Painful tiny bumps on fingers (Jul '11) Tue Erica 331
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) Tue Jak 462
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) Mar 20 BWA troy 573
Zits with a hard white mass. (and I mean hard) (Apr '07) Mar 15 cbj112233 188