white blotches on skin
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Barbie

United States

#185 May 27, 2013
SelsunBlue works like a charm for me when I start getting my white spots. I started gettin em last year for the first time and used Selsun blue 3 times, started tanning, and they went away. Now, summers starting again, so they appeared again. Used Selsun blue twice now, already disappearing. U gotta let the Selsun blue sit on every single white spot for 5-10 mins. Do this 3 times, tan a couple times, Aaanndd they're gone

Since: Jan 13

Chicago, IL

#186 Jun 10, 2013
Try a mixture of lemon juice and two tablespoons of honey to get rid of whiteheads skin issue.
Russel

Brussels, Belgium

#187 Jun 24, 2013
Caroline wrote:
I think this condition may be TINEA VERSICOLOR. There is some information about it on Wikipedia.org . They say that using an OTC Selsun product (there is something called just Selsun that is not the shampoo) that contains Selenium Sulfide will fight the fungus. This has a higher concentration of Selenium Sulfide than Selsun Blue, the shampoo. I'm going to the pharmacy to see if they have it. Hope this helped someone!
Thank you Caroline, this was very, very helpful!
dee

United States

#188 Jul 17, 2013
ashley wrote:
Actually it sounds like vetiligo(i think thats how u spell it). any way michael jackson had the very same disorder. It starts out with some white patches that spread like what you are talkin about.
Noooo you have no clue what your talking about. Michael is black...this person is talking about the sun directly causing spots from a tan. So its not actually called vitilgo!
Tarcy-Ohio

Oklahoma City, OK

#189 Aug 7, 2013
I have these tiny white spots on my forehead and some beside my nose. It seems to be more visible when I'm expose to the sun even when I used sunscreen. It seems like I have more of them as I grow older. I need some imput how to get rid of them or at least slow them down from having more. Please help! Thanks!
HELP_

Hesperia, CA

#190 Aug 10, 2013
How long does it take that Selwyn stuff to work ???
HELP_

Hesperia, CA

#191 Aug 10, 2013
**selsun
Sherry Jones

Trinidad and Tobago

#192 Nov 17, 2013
hi dear am on Treatment for Hansen's disease, I have some white patches, marks on my face, arms, almost all over the body now. How can I get rid of it. please help.
vicky

Weston-super-mare, UK

#193 Dec 18, 2013
Hi I recently got all these white spots on my back and shoulders and they are now appearing on my stomach. I went to the gp and she told me it looked like vitiligo but I done some research and came across tinea versicolour which makes more sense to me because they all appeared at once really. I had been on a two week holiday and then had been using sunbeds on occasion amd after going to the swimming pool and sauna these spots just appeared.

Does anyone have any similar experiences, I really dont want vitiligo and have no family history of these white spots.
kea

Armagh, UK

#195 Apr 24, 2014
My 4 year old daughter has what looks like sunburn with white patches but she has had sun cream on or she has a light jumper on anybody no what it could be thanks
zuzu

Chicago, IL

#196 Jul 20, 2014
I'm 31 had tv for years due to spending weeks in a tropical climate..selenium sulfide 2.5% lotion once a day for ten days along w selsun blue in shower left for ten minute controls it in warm weather but ketokonizol and fluconizol are pulse treated for months prior to warm.weather. stay dry as possible a day at the beach could make it baaaad!
Treatment For Vitiligo

Lahore, Pakistan

#197 Sep 29, 2014
Vitiligo is how to start? What are the start?
Kym

Greensboro, NC

#198 Nov 2, 2014
I woke up this morning and my boyfriend noticed white spots all over my back that aren't normally there so after further examination I noticed them on my chest and shoulders I'm kinda freaking out
april

Greenslopes, Australia

#199 May 22, 2016
I was told to put Sunset Fold on for 5mins for 2days... then 20mins for two days... then 2 hours for 2days... then leave it on over night for a week... im just on my second night leaving it on all night... slightly irritated and red but nothing much has happened yet...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lumps under skin on lower legs (Sep '06) 22 hr Jduxjsd 422
Painful leg lumps Sat Karrie22 1
Lump on forehead (Jun '06) Fri Susan 688
Small linear cuts appearing, scabing over then ... (Oct '10) Fri Ruth 57
Allergy? Fri Statyc 1
Shaving question Fri Josh 1
skin infestation by stg invisible to naked eye ... (Apr '06) Fri COLLE 212
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) Fri titus77 468
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) Thu Nature Heals 1,816
Zits with a hard white mass. (and I mean hard) (Apr '07) Apr 19 Wise guy 193
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) Apr 19 Lovely 598
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) Apr 19 mcpigs1 574
More from around the web