Patrick

UK

#42 Apr 29, 2009
i got the same, although probably not as bad as ive been reading, but bad enough for me to notice its annoying itchyness and whathave you.

i also have a decent temporary cure!=D

i find if you have an actual aloe-vera plant, break off a thick bit about an inch long, squeeze all the juice out into your hand and rub it ALL in, it stopped the itching and the bumps actually went away for a while... although it came back again the itching hasn't been anywhere near as bad since.

hope helps (=
Ray Allshouse

Japan

#43 May 8, 2009
Hey josh, thanks for the info. I have had these same bumps for quite some time now, about a year. Sometimes on my hands like yours, but also on the bottom of my right foot in between toes. Never could figure out what they were. I attribute them to the stress of being an aircraft maintainer in the Air force and the chemicals and fluids that I work around on a daily basis such as, jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, engine oil etc.
Vitor

Bothell, WA

#44 May 17, 2009
Thank God. I thought I had caught some kind of disease or something, but after reading this thread, I don't think so.

It looks like I had dyshidrosis. The picture of the hand on wikipedia matches what mine looked like.
sean

Troy, MI

#45 May 30, 2009
I get these every year once it starts to warm up. From the research Ive done, it appears(in my case at least) to be areas of trapped moisture, resulting from inadequate sweat glands. It is nothing serious. Basically, the bumps appear, stay around for a few weeks, then flake off and disappear. My best advice would be to dry the skin out with whatever product you see fit. hand soap is fine. it will basically suffocate the bumps until they are gone. One thing I can tell you NOT to to do is soak your hands and rub the affected areas with a pumice stone to remove them. It leaves the affected area VERY itchy!
Greg P

Naples, FL

#46 Jun 18, 2009
I too have this problem, though I'm thinking it has to do mainly with the heat. I got them on my glove hand playing baseball(in Florida/summertime) and I'm getting them now. Household cleanser may have aggravated it slightly though I'm convinced it has to do with work/exercise in extreme heat/humidity. Mine is really only noticeable to myself with only a couple of red dots breaking through at points. My new place has mango trees and I have been drinking having more fruit than normal(which is next to nothing)I have reacted to mango sap, but that's different.
hijinx

Greely, Canada

#47 Jun 22, 2009
I get STRANGE 'Bumps' on the SIDES of my fingers. I have noticed these bumps on every finger of either hand from the mid knuckle to the fingernail. they are usually small in grouping: either a few or many tiny bumps, and ALWAYS on the sides of my fingers. I have noticed 1 (one) bump lately (fitting above description)form on my palm. My symptoms are small 'bumps' ONLY on the sides of my fingers (ANY finger, and either side) starting as raised bumps. These 'bumps' are not overly itchy at any stage (once noticed to flaking) although i do scratch at them.
They appear at first as a single bump or cluster of bumps. at which point they progress to a black (ish) center with a yellow(y) ring, never too large and never too itcy.. the progression moves to the patch of bumps or bump clearing as the skin in the affected area peels. i have had clusters of the affected are numbering in the dozens, although few reach 'maturity' and cause skin peeling. there is no real discomfort from the 'outbreak'(other than perceived. On rare occasions the 'blisters' reach a size where they can be popped. When i 'pop' or 'burst' the lesions a clear liquid is emited. the liquid does not regenerate and once drained the offending lesion usually disappears. I have noticed this affliction in all climates and in any season. Usually only affecting my fingers (on the sides only) i have had periods of clarity, even months, without recurrence. I have noticed 1 (one)'similar' bump on my palm..I have not sought medical attn. for this symptom EVER. and have learned to live with it.. aside from triggers that may cause it.. has anyone had a DEFINITIVE answer as to what this affliction may be?
thanks.
carolyn

Belleville, IL

#48 Jun 25, 2009
The symptoms of dyshidrotic eczema include itching of the hands and feet which can cause a sudden onset of blisters. Symptoms including burning pain or itching may be experienced before blisters appear. The cause of dyshidrotic eczema may be a sensitivity to nickel or other metals such as chromium or cobalt, also fragrances, fungal infection (tinea pedis), stress, aspirin, oral contraceptives, smoking, and implanted metals. Dyshidrotic dermatitis is a form of hand eczema which is more common in women and starts on the sides of the fingers as itchy little bumps and then develops into a rash. Dyshidrotic eczema may affect only the feet. Some patients have involvement of both hands and feet. Following treatment, protect hands for at least 4 months after dermatitis has healed. It takes a long time for skin to recover, and unless you're careful, the dermatitis will reoccur. The symptoms of hand eczema include red, itchy, scaly, cracked skin with blisters up to one inch in diameter, usually on the palms of the hands. Dentists are prone to hand eczema. The cause of hand dermatitis is usually a combination of sensitive skin and irritation or an allergic reaction from materials touched. People with hand dermatitis often have dermatitis elsewhere. Prevention and avoidance can be a powerful treatment. The following suggestions will be helpful for anyone with symptoms of hand dermatitis: wear waterproof or cotton-lined gloves, avoid contact with soaps, detergents, scouring powders, and irritating chemicals. Wear waterproof gloves when peeling or squeezing lemons, oranges, or grapefruit, peeling potatoes, or handling tomatoes. Wear heavy-duty gloves while gardening, wash dishes in a dishwasher, do not wash clothes by hand, avoid contact with turpentine, paint, and paint thinner, floor polish, and shoepolish. Wash hands in warm water and a small amount of mild soap, rinse carefully and dry gently. Wearing rings can cause hand dermatitis to become worse.
Jackie

AOL

#49 Jun 25, 2009
Wow, this sounds like what I have. Like Lacey, my computer won't let me look at the pictures...but everything you all have said sounds like what I have..well, besides the itch. My little, white bumps don't itch at all. They're just little and bumpy and all over my palms and the tips of my fingers. I asked my dad about them and he said he gets them sometimes, and said it could have something to do with the temperature change. Him and I both have very sweaty palms, especially when the weather gets warmer, so he said the bumps could be caused by your sweat glands. I'm going to try and use vinegar and water like Carrie said and see what that does. Thanks everyone.
Deb

New York, NY

#50 Jun 30, 2009
I had the same problem, the tapioca palms and fingers. Also the bumps ran down the outside of my left arm to the elbow and the inside of my wrist. It started around June 21st and lasted a
little over a week. I took over the counter anti
ictch pills and cream. I also soaked my hands in epsom salt. I never had anything like this before
I don't know if these rememdies worked or it just
went away on its own.
aeg

London, Canada

#51 Jul 1, 2009
My boyfriend has a simmilar condition that i've been trying to research for weeks. The bumps are extreamly tiny, no bigger than 2mm, and very itchy but only sometimes. They appear only up the sides of his thumbs and index fingers. They are not discoloured, pussy, make the skin feel tight and are to small to determine if blister-like and filled with fluid. His sister and mother have the same condition and all agree that the condition is made worse during periods of high humidity (and in S.Western Ontario theres A LOT of humidity). His sister has been to the doctor where she was prescribed topical ointments, etc. but nothing has worked and was never told exactly what the condition is. The bumps also do not dry out, turn colour, or flake off - they just sit there and itch. Although many of your symptoms sounds simillar, these bumps wont go away. However, i will get him to try the vinegar and water but if anybody else is having the same symptoms and knows what it is and how to remedy it, please share!
Phoenix

Geneva, NY

#52 Jul 10, 2009
my bumps usually appear durning the summer/spring.. and i wanted to know how to clear them up .. they seem to be in big quantities and they dont itch just bother my hands..ima big computer user and was wondering if this was contagous ?
jen in atlanta

Atlanta, GA

#53 Jul 11, 2009
hey, i have the same thing. However mine has now started to spread to my Left hand palm instead of one my right hand fingers.
what really helps is mixing very hot water with epsom salts and soaking your hand/finger for about 1/2 hour in the mixture.
I will do it everyday for a few days and it tends to go away.
I was glad to see so many people posting with this as I was worried about what it was and was reluctant to go to the MD since i don't have insurance right now. THanks for all the postings.
Terry UK

Milton Keynes, UK

#54 Jul 13, 2009
I have also spent much time trying to find out what this is. Some of the symptoms described are similar to mine but to recap. I have small clusters of bumps that appear then after a couple of day they seem to crack and the skin starts flaking off. Due to being afro Caribbean this is very noticeable to have bits of white skin pealing so I end up picking them which leads to patches of light skin. The best way I have found to treat it is by using fresh Aloe vera. This sooths the itching and helps the skin to recover, after a day or so I can actually see the difference. The best thing about the Aloe vera is once you have the plant it keeps growing giving you a free and endless supply and it can be used for many other skin conditions and ever burns.
Me too

Kahului, HI

#55 Jul 17, 2009
I have the same thing as described above. I went to the doctors and they had no idea what it could be so they prescribed me hydrochrosome cream, and nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream, which is supposed to treat yeast infections. So far, I thought it could be from the sun since I am a lifeguard, but now that I have a week break, the bumps seem to have lessened down a bit, so I am not sure if it is the less exposure to the sun or the creams.
Eana

Leonardtown, MD

#56 Jul 19, 2009
I am SO happy to see people that have this too!! This was really freaking me out until now. I have little clear blister like cluster of bumps oon the tip of my fingers, a little bit down the finger and some around the palm. I also have it on my toes. I am not sure AT ALL what started this. I live in oklahoma and Ive never had this happen and then i came to visit my husband in maryland and boom im bumpy. My skin is super sensitive and I have had many rashes as a little kid but as I grew older they have subsided and now its like im 8 years old again. A lot of you mention how its a recurring thing. I really hope its not like that with me! this is the MOST annoying itch evvverr! im doing my best not to scratch but MAN! I have a bag of frozen green beans with me to cool the itch and its working like a CHARM. I just sent my husband to get some aloe vera, calamine cream, and rubbing alcohol to see if any of that works. Im trying to try everythign to get rid of this little pesk. I have tried cortizone cream, tinactin, peroxide, and a steroid and as far as i know it doesnt work, i might just be impatient i dont know.
pam

Olive Branch, MS

#57 Jul 30, 2009
carrie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there- I just went to the doctor today and I have contact dermititus(sp?) The small bumps are from a combination of washing hands, doing the dishes and using alcohol on my hands. The good bacteria on my hands had even been cleared away. I read somewhere to soak them in vinegar & water and that's the last thing you want to do. Your skin needs the good bacteria. I use over the counter hydrocortisone 3 times a day for maybe 2 weeks. The doctor also said to uce Eucerine moisturizing cream. So if your hands are consisently in water and you have the bumps, you probably have Contact Dermititus. Good luck.
i used steriod creams for over a year my condition only got worse, the doctors kept giving me stonger and stonger steriods along with anibotics, which when i was on anibotics the problem got better. the problem was on my toes of which i had my little toenails removed. then my fingers got the same problems, mmore steriods. i decided to stop all steriods and used duac cream and the lotion. problem solved!
i believe i developed cushings syndrome from all the steriod creams plus cysts all over my body from a comprmised immmune system, increased bp and multiple other issues. PLEASE don't use steriod cream longer than a month
PEPPER

Jonesboro, GA

#58 Aug 2, 2009
PEPPER wrote:
IM NOT ALONE. THANKS GUYS. ME TOO.. THEY STARTED LAST YEAR. THEN AFTER ABOUT EIGHT MONTHS THEY WENT AWAY. NOW THEY ARE BACK. THEY CAME BACK SOON AS IT STARTED TO GET COLD OUT. REALLY HOT WATER SEEMS TO HELP THE SLIGHT ITCHING.AS FAST AS ONE DRYS UP AND PEELS OFF ANOTHER ONE OR TWO COMES ON MY PALMS AND ON MY FINGERS.I KEEP TRYING TO HIDE THEM. I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. PLEASE ALL TOGETHER LETS TRY TO FIGURER THIS OUT. I HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH SOME KIND OF OILY CHEMICAL TO PRESERVE METALS AT WORK. SOMETIMES I BUST THEM TO HELP THE ONES THATS THERE GO AWAY. BUT THEY JUST KEEP COMING BACK.
ME AGAIN IT HAS BEEN MONTHS SINCE MY LAST POSTING AND THEY ARE STILL HERE. IT SEEMS THEY ARE GETTING WORST. THEY ARE STARTING TO GO DOWN MY RIST AND ALL OVER MY FINGERS, DO ANYONE KNOW IF NUTS OR SUGAR MAKES THEM WORST?IF I FIND OUT WHAT IT IS OR HOW TO HELP I WILL POST IT. I WONT STOP TIL I FIND OUT. STAY ENCOURAGED!
PEPPER

Jonesboro, GA

#59 Aug 2, 2009
pam wrote:
<quoted text>
i used steriod creams for over a year my condition only got worse, the doctors kept giving me stonger and stonger steriods along with anibotics, which when i was on anibotics the problem got better. the problem was on my toes of which i had my little toenails removed. then my fingers got the same problems, mmore steriods. i decided to stop all steriods and used duac cream and the lotion. problem solved!
i believe i developed cushings syndrome from all the steriod creams plus cysts all over my body from a comprmised immmune system, increased bp and multiple other issues. PLEASE don't use steriod cream longer than a month
I DID SOME RESEARCH AND WHAT WE ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT DONT SEEM LIKE CONTACT DERMITIS. THE PICTURES LOOKS MORE LIKE A RASH THEN OUR TAPIOCA LIKE BUMPS THAT FILL UP. THEN DRY OUT AND CAUSES SKIN TO PEEL. NOT TO MENTION THE ITCH. SOME OF THESE DOCS DONT KNOW WHAT THEY TALKING ABOUT.I THINK ITS MORE OF AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO SOMETHING.OR ANOTHER KIND OF DERMATITUS BUT NOT CONTACT DERMATITUS.
PEPPER

Jonesboro, GA

#60 Aug 2, 2009
PEPPER wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like dermatitus. A contack of nickel for me. im allegic to nickel!please everyone get an allergie test done.Thanks Carrie
hen

El Cajon, CA

#61 Aug 6, 2009
i live in pa during fall and winter but during the summer i go to ca for a month that whole month im there i have clear bumps in between my fingers and my toes after reading an article in the newspaper that discribed what i had i realized that i probebly have the bumps because of a dramatic change of weather . when i get back home to pa i am fine .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dermatology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Severe Coccyx Itching (Mar '12) 17 hr Codarocks 30
Random White Hairs (Jun '07) Thu mad 198
Facial skin getting much darker after using GRA... Thu surajkan88 1
Hair loss for women (May '08) Thu paigeford 5
Dry Cracked thumbs - a solution!!! (Dec '06) Thu adamkhan 157
Tender Swollen Lump near Groin Area (Oct '08) Thu Darret Black 433
Rash on My Torso (Chest, back, neck, trunk) (Feb '07) Wed TheyrkillinguS 76
Small pink bumps appearing on arms/legs that it... (Oct '09) Dec 16 millie 259
Penis skin irritation -- already diagnosed as n... (Mar '08) Dec 15 fuzzybear 1,618
Tiny, painless wart like bumps on hands and fin... (Jul '07) Dec 7 Nero 334
Zits with a hard white mass. (and I mean hard) (Apr '07) Dec 4 hemant 107
More from around the web