Best States to be a Chiropractor

Posted in the Chiropractic Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Holly

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jun 27, 2011
What are the best states to be a chiropractor? In regards to laws and regulations, insurance, popularity, etc.
Dr Bret

Snow Hill, NC

#2 Jul 8, 2011
North Carolina is certainly not one. On the east coast many of the people here are ignorant and uneducated. They don't understand (regardless of how you explain) and they don't want to pay for ANYTHING. If you're doing mostly PI work than it's not too bad financially but otherwise most insurance copays range from $40-$70 and they're pain to get any reimbursment from as a doctor.
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#3 Jul 8, 2011
This is not a good time to be a chiropractor.

The good times were over in the 90's. The chiropractic whores ruined it for all the rest. Over billing and overcharging was, and is, the norm.

Insurance companies and the general public have caught on to the chiropractic scam. Bizarre chiropractic techniques like activator, nucca, hio, sot, dnft, pro adjuster and the like have NO place in health care.

It would be best for all to leave chiropractic behind and move into an ethical and honest profession.

"Chirotalk" for all you need to know about the chiropractic enterprise.

Good luck.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aerial View

AOL

#6 Jul 11, 2011
Let's not forget that the dirtbag, wisdom, just referred to women as 'w-hores'. Wisdom is the same dirtbag who called all nurses 'quacks'. Oh, but he's an expert. What a dirtbag.
Aerial View

AOL

#8 Jul 11, 2011
Wisdom wrote:
Seems you have trouble comprehending the written word. I'm guessing you are a chiropractor?
By the way, at the time, very few of those "chiropractic wh..ores", who were over charging, over billing and over treating, were actually women. Seems you don't know very much about chiropractic.
Wisdom continues his assault on women. Maybe when the depraved creep uses the word 'w-hore' he's referring to his mother. That wouldn't be a shock since he says that about all women. Wisdom is the same dirtbag who called all nurses 'quacks'. Oh, but he's an expert. What a dirtbag
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

#9 Jul 12, 2011
That kind of anger is very unhealthy mr. chiropractor. Seek professional care and find an honest way to make a living.
Aerial View

AOL

#10 Jul 12, 2011
Wisdom wrote:
That kind of anger is very unhealthy mr. chiropractor. Seek professional care and find an honest way to make a living.
The above is not only amateurish attempt at psychology, it is yet another deflection tactic by the loser, wisdom, to divert your attention away from the following:
Wisdom continues his assault on women. Maybe when the depraved creep uses the word 'w-hore' he's referring to his mother. That wouldn't be a shock since he says that about all women. Wisdom is the same dirtbag who called all nurses 'quacks'. Oh, but he's an expert. What a dirtbag.
charot

Makati, Philippines

#11 Jul 13, 2011
hey you wisdom.., can you stop saying things that is not significant..,
Dr B

Wake Forest, NC

#14 Aug 20, 2012
Dr Bret wrote:
North Carolina is certainly not one. On the east coast many of the people here are ignorant and uneducated. They don't understand (regardless of how you explain) and they don't want to pay for ANYTHING. If you're doing mostly PI work than it's not too bad financially but otherwise most insurance copays range from $40-$70 and they're pain to get any reimbursment from as a doctor.
I 100% agree.
Chiro Doc

Honolulu, HI

#16 Nov 9, 2012
In no way has this link answered any questions for me. I am trying to plan my life here, yet we are all side tracked on some low scheme to frustrate Chiropractors by someone who is on a payroll to do so. Ignore those schemes Dr's. We sued them already and won. Now lets get down to the question. Which states are the best for us to care for our patients?
Chiro Doc

Honolulu, HI

#17 Nov 9, 2012
By the way folks, He/she didn't mention women. Whore was pertaining to the folks who have actually hurt our profession. I know every school has taken measures to curtail this behavior. It is hard enough for us to overcome this as a stereo type when we are still facing AMA, Insurance, and big pharma resistance. Although we are usually more effective and cheaper, how can we pay $200,000.00 and more for our education when insurance companies tell us they pay 100% for chiropractic and then send us a check for $5 for an exam, x-ray. physio therapy, and an adjustment that takes 45 minutes to an hour? We need to figure out proper channels instead of being side tracked by futile attempts to frustrate us. Remember that the patient comes first, but we do need to be compensated properly. I urge each chiropractor to become active. It is the future. We need to overcome our oppressors in order to treat our patients. I am not saying I or you should be anti MD, because lets face it, I don't want a chiropractor treating me for a broken bone, cancer, or liver failure. We do what we do very well, and anyone who has a spine can benefit.
Very happy chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

#18 Nov 10, 2012
Chiro Doc,
I agree with everything you said except for the part about insurance.
In my practice insurance is a non issue because I don't accept ANY--not even Medicare, work-comp, PI, nothing. It takes more energy to fight a hostile group than what it's worth. Ignore insurance--take that power out of their hands. Thumb your nose at them like I did. It's a great feeling.
I have a high volume cash practice with reasonable fees. I never spend a single moment filling out insurance forms or reports. I report to no one. If a patient comes in and insists I accept their insurance--out the door they go. I send them to a clinic where they're geared up for aggravation.
I wish you can visit office and see how I practice. No stress and no begging insurance companies. Oh, and I rarely schedule anyone for more than two visits--not even new patients. They come in when necessary. Some days I only have 9 patients scheduled but end up seeing over 50. And I'm having a ton of fun.
Rid yourself of insurance. People pay for results. My practice is proof. Oh, and I don't even have a Yellow Page ad--except for the one line freebie they give everyone with a landline.
I'll pass along one practice secret---while no practitioner can guarantee results for any condition, my patients don't pay UNLESS they get results. If I accpet a patient, it means I think I can help them. If I don't, they don't pay. I simply take their word for it.
Two years ago I treated a patient for severe shoulder pain. I did everything I could to help him--including adjustments, Graston, PT and acupuncture. His bill was only $300 after three weeks of care. He said he didn't improve and he didn't pay. Fine. I cancelled his bill. A month ago he called to make an appointment for carpal tunnel syndrome. I referred him to another chiropractic office, but he didn't go--instead he went to his MD who recommended surgery. He called me back then admitted he in fact did get relief from his shoulder and offered to pay his old bill if I would treat his carpal tunnel pain. I refused the money. I wished him well, but did not accept him as a patient and again referred him to someone else.
This is just one example how to free up your life. When you don't depend on insurance, you can practice with unbelievable freedom.
Wisdom

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Nov 10, 2012
OK "chiro doc", time for some reality. This chiropractic clown above has already shown that he is willing to lie not only about what I have posted but also makes outrageous claims about what he, as a chiropractor, can do. To wit, he has claimed that as a "chiropractor" he is an expert at wound care. He has defended every bizarre and outrageous claims that chiropractors make, and they include treating add, adhd, reducing insulin dependence in type 1 diabetes with adjustments, eczema, sexual dysfunction and also defended a chiropractors who claimed he treats goldfish, dogs and horses. He is a lying twit to say the least. He is a classic example of a quack.

So, do you now want to believe him when he says you can make a living with a "cash" only practice? That you can make a living by turning away every medicare patient, every insurance patient, every person injured in an auto accident and on the job? Every athlete injured in school related competitions?

I was a chiropractor. It is now a horrible time to be a chiropractor. Unless, that is, you don't want to make a decent living to support a family, save for a house, college, retirement, travel, vacations, pay for health insurance etc etc etc. Simply, if you are not an extremely charismatic person, with financial backing, or if you are not family connected to PI/WC attorneys, you are screwed. Period.

With health care money becoming more scarce every year, do you really think that the chiropractic field, with all their bizarre and unfounded "treatments" will be getting a greater share of that?

When virtually NO "chiropractic" technique/treatment" has any research or evidence to support its use, do you really think more health care money is coming your way?

When more than half of your colleagues click people with the spring loaded activator to "treat" most conditions, do you really think more health care dollars are coming your way?

I left chiropractic many years ago to pursue a career in medicine. Most of my closer friends in chiropractic have also left the field.

Oh, and that AMA lawsuit you referenced .... trust me, 99.9% of ALL medical doctors don't give a rat's ass about chiropractors or chiropractic. That Wilke's lawsuit did NOT change anything.

My advice ... get out while you are still young. Learn skills or get a degree which will allow you to prosper in the future.
Wisdom failed in practice

Buffalo Grove, IL

#20 Nov 10, 2012
Chiro Doc,
I counted eight lies wisdom just made above--among the biggest is his lie that he's an MD--unless you can get an MD degree in less than three months or buy a fake diploma from a far away fake Caribbean Island medical school where paper degrees are for sale. Wisdom is no MD. That's clear.
The loser, wisdom, also said you can't make a living without insurance. Well, maybe HE couldn't--because he's a loser. I do--and I make a ton of cash without ever accepting nor wanting a single penny from any third party payer whatsoever. I can't help it if wisdom couldn't make a livng.
His last post is really a cry for help--like a wounded animal. He's reliving his nightmare of failing in practice with vivid flashbacks and he can't understand why so many chiropractors have succeeded when he has so miserably failed.
My guess is wisdom has some sort of tech job--maybe administering EMG's then claiming he's working in 'critical care.' He also boasted he was the 'head of neurosurgery at a famous NY hospital--but can't name the hospital. Very telling. It's also telling that as the 'head of neurosurgery' he still has 6 hours a day to post his lies.
Wisdom is irrelevant. He's yesterday's news. He's a horse who came in fourth--out of the money and well forgotten. If you bet on mrwisdom you'll end up tearing up your ticket. He's a sure loser.
Wisdom

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Nov 10, 2012
"He also boasted he was the 'head of neurosurgery at a famous NY hospital-"

Oh really mr. chiropractor, please link that quote or stop your baloney.

And why exactly are you stalking my every post?

Regardless. I have laid out the facts for "chiro doc". He, and any other potential chiropractic students or chiropractic graduates are free to consider. Its a free country and its their money. I have moved on and couldn't be happier. I wish the best for him.

Buffalo Grove, IL

#22 Nov 10, 2012
Like I was saying......
Chiro Doc,
I counted eight lies wisdom just made above--among the biggest is his lie that he's an MD--unless you can get an MD degree in less than three months or buy a fake diploma from a far away fake Caribbean Island medical school where paper degrees are for sale. Wisdom is no MD. That's clear.
The loser, wisdom, also said you can't make a living without insurance. Well, maybe HE couldn't--because he's a loser. I do--and I make a ton of cash without ever accepting nor wanting a single penny from any third party payer whatsoever. I can't help it if wisdom couldn't make a livng.
His last post is really a cry for help--like a wounded animal. He's reliving his nightmare of failing in practice with vivid flashbacks and he can't understand why so many chiropractors have succeeded when he has so miserably failed.
My guess is wisdom has some sort of tech job--maybe administering EMG's then claiming he's working in 'critical care.' He also boasted he was the 'head of neurosurgery at a famous NY hospital--but can't name the hospital. Very telling. It's also telling that as the 'head of neurosurgery' he still has 6 hours a day to post his lies.
Wisdom is irrelevant. He's yesterday's news. He's a horse who came in fourth--out of the money and well forgotten. If you bet on mrwisdom you'll end up tearing up your ticket. He's a sure loser.
Kelly

United States

#23 Dec 6, 2012
Not all chiropractors are unethical and dishonest .. Just so you know .
Wisdom

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Dec 6, 2012
You are correct Kelly. Not all of them but most chiropractors are unethical.

Tell me Kelly, which chiropractic techniques are grounded in logic and based on solid evidence? Which of the more than 200+ different chiropractic "techniques/treatments " are evidenced based?

You see Kelly, while many people would like to think that "their" chiropractor is "ethical", the fact is, MOST ARE NOT!

Buffalo Grove, IL

#25 Dec 6, 2012
Kelly, wisdom's word isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.
First he bashes chiropractic, then, in the next breath, he said he was a successful 'evidence based' chiropractor during the "mercedes 80's" when insurance money was 'easy pickens' and advertising NOOPE (No Out Of Pocket Expenses) was legal. NOOPE was never legal, anywhere. But barrister wisdom said it was. I'd like to know how he avoided jail? Hey, maybe he didn't!
Is there even room for him to be more delusional? We'll see.
Oh, yeah. He now claims, after denying it for years, that he is now an MD who is the head of 'neurosurgery' at a famous NY hospital.
He must post from the Funny Farm. Good thing those men in their clean white coats are guarding him. he he he
Wisdom

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Dec 7, 2012
I asked some simple questions for Kelly. No need to butt in mr. chiropractor. Try to control yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chiropractic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ajman Massage and Sex Center Call ++9715896I6574 Dec 2 Della Joy 1
Massage and sex Center call good service +97I58... Nov 29 Della Joy 1
Ajman Massage and Sex Center Call ++9715896I6574 Nov 28 Della Joy 1
Ajman Massage and Sex Center Call ++9715896I6574 Nov 28 Chicagochiro 2
Massage and sex Center call good service +97I58... Nov 27 Della Joy 1
News Sitting and Sleeping Fueling Canada's Pain Cris... Oct '17 Hospicern 1
I want a clinic to take advantage of my domain Oct '17 Chicago Chiropractor 2
More from around the web