Advanced Biostructural Correction

Posted in the Chiropractic Forum

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
New_Chiro23

Centereach, NY

#1 Aug 16, 2007
Anyone know the story with Advanced Biostructural Correction? I have been reading a lot about it but I am not sure if I want to spend the $$$ to get the system.

I saw the info here... www.advbiostructuralcorr.com Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#2 Aug 17, 2007
http://www.chirobase.org/06DD/abc.html
try reading this.
It is just more subluxation voodoo, this time by a DC who lost his chiropracTIC license, so he sells this BS now.
New_Chiro23

Centereach, NY

#3 Aug 18, 2007
Yea I saw that one. It seems to be the only negative article though. Everything else seems pretty positive.

Are there any Chiro's currently using Advanced Biostructural Correction who have experience working with patients using these techniques?
tom

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Aug 18, 2007
New Chiro-

If you are looking for professional answers and opinions, post your question on these professional sites:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/spinedoc...

http://www.chiroweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/dcs_only/...

United States

#5 Aug 18, 2007
New Chiro posted..."Everything else seems pretty positive."
I would like to read the positive articles. do you have any links or cites?
Thank you in advance.
NewChiro23

Trumbull, CT

#6 Aug 19, 2007
lawman wrote:
New Chiro posted..."Everything else seems pretty positive."
I would like to read the positive articles. do you have any links or cites?
Thank you in advance.
http://www.msakc.org/Articles/AdvancedBiostru...
http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/tcj/...
http://spinalwellnessithaca.com/whatisABC.htm...
Here are just a couple of the 2 dozen or so that I read. I am sure if you do a search, you will find more.
Tom-thanks. I will look into that.

United States

#7 Aug 20, 2007
none of these are scholarly journals, one is by a chiroquacker who sells this technique, the other is by the WCA- the King lobbyists for subluxations and the head mouthpeice for chiropractic in general. There is nothing scientific in anything cited above, just more of the same old chiro mantra..."IT WORKS".

Since: Jul 07

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

#8 Aug 20, 2007
Lawman, grow a life!

Your article wasn't from a scientific source either ... it was from a website run by manic chiro-haters. Imagine my surprise when it railed against anything chiropractic.

If you want to discount his links as non-scientific, then we discount yours as well for being the same, and all that leaves us with is you saying you don't like chiropractic and think it's crap. I think we have already gotten [i]that[/i] point.
jim

AOL

#9 Aug 20, 2007
Manic chiro-haters? Wonder how they got that way.
jim

AOL

#10 Aug 21, 2007
Nuccer is a little frustrated. He has an IQ of 160(so he says) and is reduced to defending this fake drivel. Get a life and a real job Nuccer.
dsch

Gig Harbor, WA

#11 Aug 28, 2007
I'm a previous chiropractic patient and I've had two ABC treatments. I'm searching for more info on it, too. I have a lot of musculoskeletal stuff going on, so I'm really having to pay attention to see if I notice anything different. My first visit I noticed immediately that I was extremely relaxed, and it lasted for quite awhile after my visit. Pain in one side of my jaw was gone, too. After my second visit I noticed that my breathing has improved. Next I'm trying a "neuro link" to determine why I have certain allergies, etc. To be continued...

United States

#12 Aug 28, 2007
lets see , the above article I cited was written by a DC- Doctor of Chiropractic Allen Botnick DC,BA. Actually, my cite was from a "scientific source". Unless of course an article written by a Doctor of Chiropractic, with references that you can review is not "scientific". Why would his writings not qualify as "scientific"? Because they say that "ABC" is quackery?, You just do not like the message he carries?
If he is a chiro hater, maybe there is a reason that a Doctor of Chiropractic has "issues" with his profession. It really hurts I guess that a Doctor of Chiropractic would take issue with his chosen profession. Maybe he is a "loser", "ignorant" or a perhaps a just another "failed chiropractor"....????
tom

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Aug 28, 2007
lawboy posts:

.."lets see , the above article I cited was written by a DC- Doctor of Chiropractic Allen Botnick DC,BA. Actually, my cite was from a "scientific source". Unless of course an article written by a Doctor of Chiropractic, with references that you can review is not "scientific". Why would his writings not qualify as "scientific"? Because they say that "ABC" is quackery?, You just do not like the message he carries?"<<

chirobase is NOT a "scientific source" and your link is to an editorial- not a scientific study. And the references in the editorial do not support the the premise of the author and are included as fluff---as a deceptive measure in a weak attempt to make the author appear
credible.

>>"Because they say that "ABC" is quackery?,"<<

NO. Because only the first two paragraphs address ABC----and even then, the author fails to present any valid arguments to support his claim. The entire rest of the article is a personl attack/smear campaign on Jukowitz. YUP! that's REAL scientific! Have you ever read a "scientific journal"? Personal attacks/smear campaigns are not considered scientific proof of anything, except a very weak/totally unsupportable position on behalf of the author. This article, if subitted to a bonifide "scientific" journal would create uncontrolable, hysterical laughter, and fodder for the shredding machine. It wouldn't even merit a rejection letter.

United States

#14 Aug 28, 2007
OK, show me ONE "article from a "scientific " journal- that mets your description of one, that supports ABC ?
Or chiropractic in general?
Or subluxation theory?

Your attack on the article by doctor Botnick is not an attack on the article so much as it is an ad hominum attack on him. Let the readers decide whether his article has merit. your critique , and attack on Doctor Botnick along with your point of view is duly noted. You wish to discredit him . Why?

United States

#15 Aug 28, 2007
OK Tom- I'll play with you. Lets take the article by Doctor Botnick apart-
Starting with the first two sentences,which are:
......"Advanced Biostructural Therapy™(ABT™), is a "subluxation"-based system that uses postural analyses to determine the patient's alleged problems. It was developed by Jesse Jutkowitz, D.C., a chiropractor whose license was revoked in 1996 and who now teaches his ideas through "at-home seminars." ....

If true, then the entire theory of ABC is based on "the chiropractic subluxation".
Do you admit this?
Just say yes ,or no.

It either is , or is not, based on the theory of "the chiropractic subluxation". To keep it simple,(because I am after all just an ignorant layman, with no formal chiropractic training at all).....
but it seems to me that this sentence is either true, or it is not true. ABC is , or is not, based on the chiropractic subluxation theory.
You tell me?
Which is it?
jim

AOL

#16 Aug 28, 2007
Me thinks it has something to do with MMMMMMoney!!!.

United States

#17 Aug 28, 2007
http://www.chirobase.org/01General/risk.html
An article , by a Chiropractic doctor, about why subluxation theory is dangerous.
So why don't the chiro supporters ever want to get to the radical root of EVERYTHING chiropractic, the subluxation?

United States

#18 Aug 28, 2007
ABC is just another technique to treat the "killer subluxation".....although a little dated, this article is still valid, and it is because chiropractic theory ( subluxation theory) has not advanced in 110 years.
The only thing that changes is they (DC's) just come up with new and improved techniques ( like ABC) to treat the same old malady- the chiropractic subluxation.
Andrew

Melbourne, Australia

#19 Aug 29, 2007
Am I the only person who finds it funny that the very person who attacks people's opinions about Chiropractic when they don't site scientific research, is the same person who uses opinion articles from anti chiropractic websites to back up his own opinion?

strange.....
tom

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Aug 29, 2007
Lawboy-
Cut the BS, and intentional distortion of my post. My post was NOT an attack or defense of ABC. My post addressed the issue of YOUR preposterous claim that your position/opinion was based on a "scientific source". OP/ED pieces are not "scientific sources".

And even more, your cited article isn't even a quality editorial!

The bulk of it is devoted to the fallacy of character assasination(of Jukowitz), and is totally irrelevant to the authors claims/argument regarding ABC. This fallacy is being maliciously committed by the author, in an attempt to obfuscate the fact that he fails to support his claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chiropractic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiropractor with history of fraud, placed on p... (Aug '13) Sep 8 stalk this 19
News the pro-adjuster (Aug '07) Sep 7 Chicago Chiropractor 642
Worried about getting chiropractic treatment fo... Aug 31 slippy 1
Please help, low self-esteem, posture related. (Mar '15) Aug '16 Bonzaiman 2
question regarding treatment Aug '16 Backwoods 3
Looking for a specific style of adjustment Aug '16 Backwoods 3
News The opioid disaster: Stop criminalizing doctors Aug '16 Eli 3
More from around the web