Massage Therapy Supports Chiropractic...

Massage Therapy Supports Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain, Neck Pain and Headache

There are 3 comments on the GlobeNewswire story from Apr 26, 2012, titled Massage Therapy Supports Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain, Neck Pain and Headache. In it, GlobeNewswire reports that:

Colorado Springs chiropractor, Dr. Molly Kallenbach of Thrive Chiropractic, says that the use of massage therapy enhances the effects of chiropractic spinal adjustments in the treatment of back pain, neck pain and headache.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GlobeNewswire.

Kathleen Adams

Modesto, CA

#1 Apr 27, 2012
Great article about the benefits of massage combined with chiropractic! Couldn't agree more. Not only am I a massage therapist, but I had 4 whiplash injuries prior to becoming a massage therapist and had chiropractic alone, but my chiropractor told me after a year of treatment, that he wouldn't be able to help me anymore as long as I had the stress level I had then. When he added 30 mins of massage, I never had so much relief.

I also believe it takes a special synergy and shared belief systems between chiropractor and massage therapist. For instance, the first chiropractor to ever send me referrals and I worked incredibly well together in totally separate offices not even having MET each other in person until I finally dropped in on him after working with him about 4 years. Just like me, I know when I'm not getting somewhere with someone because their actual vertebrae are not moving well and they need adjustments, he always knew when his adjustments were not going as well without massage and people healed so much faster with the combination. But he was unlike other chiropractors, he had no ego involved, his main concern was for the patient's welfare. Many other chiropractors I've worked with almost seemed threatened and are reluctant to refer unless the client already knows me and specifically asks for a referral. Kind of a shame for that to happen, because again, the two working in conjunction bring about awesome results. There are ample people in pain out there and there's no need for competition...unless it's from one of the Asian massage parlors that are popping up all over the land advertising 19.99 for massage (which is only the feet). Most charge $40-$50 plus the extra tip one has to pay for all the additional little happy ending benefits they's well documented online what many of those places do extra right here in my fair city.

Sorry...didn't mean to go off on that...but yes, I have now had 5 whiplash injuries and the best and quickest treatment has been when massage was combined with adjustments.
Kathleen Adams

Modesto, CA

#3 Jul 4, 2012
ClassicGuy wrote:
With all due respect, not all LMTs are created equal. That, in my experience, is equally true with Chiro. I found them to be new graduates with little experience. Their approach was sterile, mechanical and void of any human element, such as care and compassion. Just because they call it health care does not mean its healthy, in my humble olinion.
I do agree with you in many respects that not all are created equal with both LMTs and DCs; but I don't agree it's just new grads as there are those who have been in practice for many years who still don't have a "good touch" or tableside manner just as there are many new grads who are great with both. All the training in the world won't insure either of those nor will all the experience, but they can help, especially when it comes to injuries. Often times pain is based largely on the perception of the one experiencing pain.
Brandon Raynor Naturopath

Butzbach, Germany

#4 Aug 1, 2012
if you would like to learn about a syntheses between chiropractic work and massage therapy and the ancient way that it was combined as well as modern techniques please see our websites

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chiropractic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can exercise improve back pain (Aug '13) Mon clairedavas 55
Best States to be a Chiropractor (Jun '11) Oct 14 Chicago Chiropractor 174
News Cure neck and back pain with acupuncture (May '14) Oct 7 neilhope 15
News Chiropractor with history of fraud, placed on p... (Aug '13) Sep '16 stalk this 19
News the pro-adjuster (Aug '07) Sep '16 Chicago Chiropractor 642
Worried about getting chiropractic treatment fo... Aug '16 slippy 1
Please help, low self-esteem, posture related. (Mar '15) Aug '16 Bonzaiman 2
More from around the web