Anti-vaccine movement menaces public health

Oct 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Post-Standard

To the Editor: The articles in this Sunday's Parade magazine about vaccines were excellent.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2013
Wisdom

Albertson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Since chiropractors get NO actual clinical training in the examination, diagnosis and treatment of childhood diseases, exactly how do they think they are qualified to comment?

Just a thought.
Cody

Cranford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Chiropractors, in reality...get no actual clinical training in examination, diagnosis or treatment regarding diseases. In fact anything that is supposedly "covered" is cursory at best....whereby the "student" regurgitates their memorized multiple choice answers....with NO actual patient contact experience with serious disease processes whatsoever. Any decent Chiropractor will refer out anything that is not musculoskeletal in nature.....if they do not it is tantamount to malpractice.....sadly many actually believe they can "cure" anything from diabetes to autism to cancer and heart disease....
Vaccines Cause ASD

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

There is no Anti-vac movement, thats just a negative label meant to discourage parents from thinking or researching vaccine side effects and injury. Parents want safe vaccines. They call parents who vaccinated then eye-wittnessed their child regress into autism and spoke up about it, anti-vacs.
David Moreland

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

I am a practicing chiropractor, I treat back pain. My daughter, my wife and myself keep our immunizations up to date. I get the flu shot, etc. It is unfortunate that so many are miss-informed about the value of immunization. The truth is the chiropractic profession should embrace the vaccinations it is a great preventive service.
There are many benefits to chiropractic care, fighting of small pox, HIV, influenza C are NOT one of them though.
Wisdom

Manhasset, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

"David" sounds like one of the few reasonable chiropractors out there. Unfortunately, MOST chiropractors engage in pure quackery.
Cody Is Disgusting

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Wisdom wrote:
"David" sounds like one of the few reasonable chiropractors out there. Unfortunately, MOST chiropractors engage in pure quackery.
Gee, isn't that special. The loser wisdom approves of a chiropractor. Could this be the same 'wisdom' whose best buddy is cody? And agrees with everything cody says? And didn't cody just say this disgusting thing about a woman?:--cody's EXACT words:
"Melissa....do us all a favor and STOP posting here. You don't have a clue regarding ChiroQUACTIC.....you either work for one or are doing one." And wisdom agrees with cody? Really? Really??? Wisdom really shares cody's sexist, depraved view on women?
Speaks volumes of wisdom's character and credibility. Next time wisdom agrees with cody, remember what cody said about a woman:
"Melissa....do us all a favor and STOP posting here. You don't have a clue regarding ChiroQUACTIC.....you either work for one or are doing one." Remember that "doing one" line cody said about a woman. I will remind everyone here HUNDREDS of times of cody's exact quote on women. Let's see if others will buy his lies on chirorpactic now. Cody and wisdom have zero credibility. Just remember their disgusting views on women.
Wisdom

Williston Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Worth repeating .... especially for this chiropractic quack "disgusting" ....

"Since chiropractors get NO actual clinical training in the examination, diagnosis and treatment of childhood diseases, exactly how do they think they are qualified to comment?

Just a thought."
d__RN

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

It is good that people are researching the risks and benefits of vaccines and other drugs. It is not necessary for public health that every person gets every vaccine, and declining a given vaccine at a given point in time does not make one "anti-vaccine". We should not just line up for whatever drugs pharmaceutical companies want us to take. All drugs have side effects and risks, including vaccines. Public health is harmed significantly more by other things, such as poor dietary choices, lack of access to healthy food, air pollution from coal plants, etc. Look at what people are actually dying from in the area of preventable disease. In this country, rotovirus for example does not pose a significant risk. And in reality neither does the flu for most people. It is and should be up to a free individual what drugs they take. If you have so much faith in vaccines working, than you shouldn't be concerned. DO you really want someone else deciding what drugs your kid has to take? What happens when a drug you do not agree with being safe or necessary makes it to the list of mandated drugs?
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

David Moreland wrote:
I am a practicing chiropractor, I treat back pain. My daughter, my wife and myself keep our immunizations up to date. I get the flu shot, etc. It is unfortunate that so many are miss-informed about the value of immunization. The truth is the chiropractic profession should embrace the vaccinations it is a great preventive service.
There are many benefits to chiropractic care, fighting of small pox, HIV, influenza C are NOT one of them though.
Yeah misinformed like you..Baa Baa..
KOM1209

Port Moody, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

WHITE PEOPLE TAKE YOUR VACCINE!!!!!!!!!!
Vaccine Roulette

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

d__RN wrote:
It is good that people are researching the risks and benefits of vaccines and other drugs. It is not necessary for public health that every person gets every vaccine, and declining a given vaccine at a given point in time does not make one "anti-vaccine". We should not just line up for whatever drugs pharmaceutical companies want us to take. All drugs have side effects and risks, including vaccines. Public health is harmed significantly more by other things, such as poor dietary choices, lack of access to healthy food, air pollution from coal plants, etc. Look at what people are actually dying from in the area of preventable disease. In this country, rotovirus for example does not pose a significant risk. And in reality neither does the flu for most people. It is and should be up to a free individual what drugs they take. If you have so much faith in vaccines working, than you shouldn't be concerned. DO you really want someone else deciding what drugs your kid has to take? What happens when a drug you do not agree with being safe or necessary makes it to the list of mandated drugs?
Vaccine roulette is not a winning situation for many. Most developed countries have vaccine injury compensation programs that are backed up with thousands of claims. Most are screwed over and get nothing, and its really about protecting vaccine makers than helping victims.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

It is legal to refuse vaccinations for one's children, justas it is legal to insist on an extended schedule for administering the ones you do agree to. As a parent, it is your responsibility to weigh the risks against the potential benefits of any drug you give to your child. Just by the way, if one reads the literature given to you when you take your kid in to get vaccinated, one can readily see that it warns you of this responsibility, as well as the fact that you will also be held responsible if the vaccine injures your child. The makers of the vaccines are not held liable for vaccine injury in the United States.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chiropractic Discussions

Search the Chiropractic Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Best States to be a Chiropractor (Jun '11) 7 hr Chiropractor from Chicago 132
Online Scheduling software (Nov '08) 18 hr heathw12 2
New Chiropractor Joins Ringer Chiropractic 19 hr Dr Sum Ting Wong DC 1
New Chiropractor Joins Sarasota Chiropractic, P... 20 hr Dr Sum Ting Wong DC 1
New Chiropractic Physician Joins the Staff at T... Jul 26 Chiropractor from Chicago 12
World Expert in Chiropractic Care- Dr. Richard ... Jul 24 Chiropractor from Chicago 2
Chiropractor Jul 24 Courtney Galler 4
•••
•••