blood circulation problems after ASD ...

blood circulation problems after ASD closure

Posted in the Cardiology Forum

LPG

Golden, CO

#1 Jul 27, 2007
Hello, I am a 25 year old female. I had an ASD closure done with a catheter-based procedure 3 months ago. The procedure went fine, and it looks like the defect is completely closed.
But since then I have blood circulation problems: I notice a lot more blue veins everywhere on my body, and the veins are protruding on my hands and feet. Occasionally my hands and feet turn blue. My arms are weak , and I feel tingling in my hands. Sometimes I get dizzy.
I was wondering if this could be related to the procedure and if yes, if it will go away (even though I am noticing a worsening in symptoms). My cardiologist doesn't seem to know what it could be. Who should I refer to for more examinations? Is there a chance I have another defect?
JDB

AOL

#2 Oct 18, 2007
I also had an asd closue with the same procedure
and i am experiencing almost the same symptoms you have mentioned. I just don't feel dizzy but I do feel very lightheaded, i also have miagraine headaches daily and blurred vision. Please let me know how you are doing.
Clp

United States

#3 Mar 17, 2008
I am having the SAME problems, I had my fixed at 21, I am 27 and getting worse. Do you get weak or lightheaded when you workout, lift weights, run?
sierra

United States

#4 Jun 12, 2012
I am 16 and has the surgury at 11 and I have the same problems, when my hands tingle and i get light headed i passnout but mydr told me i was just hypoglycemic and needed to eat right,,now that i notice other people are having the same symptoms it makes me wonder if im even hypoglycemic at all?
yasmeen

Karachi, Pakistan

#5 Sep 1, 2013
Hi all
I am 40 yrs and I m treated 2 week ago through catheter process. I m feeling swelling on my hands and feet. Can u tell me that this is a normal sign or something wrong.
Victoria

Portland, OR

#6 Sep 27, 2013
Have any of you found answers? My daughter is 16 and had an ASD repair just over a year ago. She is now very involved in athletics and seems to be having circulation problems. Much the same as described by others here. She was having spells of being very light headed shortly after surgery (for several months). She has other symptoms described above as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cardiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cardiologists, Veterinarian Work Together to Fi... (May '15) Jun 20 Big Al 6
contribution of the left auricle and of the ven... Jun 20 garry 2
Interpreting results of nuclear stress test (Jan '11) Jun 9 Sue 13
Mr Heart May '16 Echo 2
News Southcoast Health touts heart implant procedure... May '16 Patty 1
News Are you an apple or a pear? Your shape may dete... Apr '16 night rider 1
Sinus Tachycardia (Dec '15) Apr '16 MartyWhite 2
More from around the web