Support Starmax

Support Starmax

There are 4 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Jan 10, 2012, titled Support Starmax. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

In response to Betty McMahon's "Voice of the People" letter on Jan. 6, 2012. Our first letter was in response to Nancy Johnson's article of December 21, 2011 where she stated that Starmax "was not well designed with the kids' entertainment area open to the bar, that she could hear the beeping of the games over the sound of the movie." We stated ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

County bar landlord

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jan 11, 2012
So Nancy would rather not go to Star Max. The people in the County were forced to support it with higher property taxes so every property owner including Nancy Johnson if she owns property supports it rather they want to or not. For some of us thats all the support your going to get.
This Guy

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2012
To tell you the truth starmax is a horrible place to watch a movie they let any loud mouth underage kid into movies they shouldn't be in, the sound and the video of the movies are low quality, and for the prices this guy would rather pay for the gas and go watch a movie in cruces. All the complaints changed a decent bar into a worthless place to have a drink and the "arcade" that's a sorry place the games are more than half the time broken down and you get these stupid kids with no respect what so ever running around, making out and basically doing things the younger generations shouldn't be exposed to and nothing is done about it. The only decent thing at starmax is the bowling. This brings no interest to me or my family anymore and I will be seeking my family's entertainment else where.
Agree

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Jan 14, 2012
This Guy wrote:
To tell you the truth starmax is a horrible place to watch a movie they let any loud mouth underage kid into movies they shouldn't be in, the sound and the video of the movies are low quality, and for the prices this guy would rather pay for the gas and go watch a movie in cruces. All the complaints changed a decent bar into a worthless place to have a drink and the "arcade" that's a sorry place the games are more than half the time broken down and you get these stupid kids with no respect what so ever running around, making out and basically doing things the younger generations shouldn't be exposed to and nothing is done about it. The only decent thing at starmax is the bowling. This brings no interest to me or my family anymore and I will be seeking my family's entertainment else where.
This is the kind of behavior that did in the old movie theater. Owner would not monitor or do anything about the loud teenagers behaving badly during the movie that people quit going. And yes the arcade machines are usually always broken. Such a beautiful facility to let teenagers damage and ruin it for the rest. Please do something about this so we don't have to go out of town to see a movie.
painful

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jan 17, 2012
For eight million dollars I would have thought the sound system would be able to be regulated. Loud, louder and loudest are their settings. Not every one enjoys their ear drums blown out. I guess at lease some of the older senior citizens even joke that they have to take out their hearing aids and put their hands over their ears to sit through the movie. What a mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firefighter Hearing protection recommendation Sep 13 Firefighter 8418 1
Barely Used VNG equipment for sale (Feb '10) Sep 1 mschultz 67
Used ENG/VNG equipment for sale (Mar '15) Aug '17 shoredoc 25
Zounds hearing aids (Mar '09) Aug '17 Dee 45
Free services or not? Jul '17 Alotaaudiology 1
News Deafness Resource Centre awarded A 56,000 grant Jun '17 Man dead did he h... 1
News Maben Lions learn about cochlear implants May '17 Economics 1
More from around the web