Calorie restriction delays age-related hearing loss, UW study finds

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 18, 2010, titled Calorie restriction delays age-related hearing loss, UW study finds. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

In a remarkable demonstration that restricting calories can blunt the effects of aging, scientists at the University of Wisconsin-Madison have succeeded in delaying age-related hearing loss in mice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

US Tax Payer

Lindstrom, MN

#1 Nov 18, 2010
??? Why Don't Fat People go Deaf Early in life??????
Give me a Break !!!!!. DID YOU KNOW ?
Mice Do Not Live in The same noisy world we do ! Cars, Trucks, Power Tools Loud Toys, Shooting, Lawn Mowers, Chain Saw, Farm/ Construction Equip, Music, Kids, Bells, Sirens, on & on. I started loosing hearing at 32.

“Charity is a Personal Choice”

Since: Mar 08

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 18, 2010
Great, I'm going deaf because I'm chubby. Here, I thought is was because too many Twins games in the Dome/Target field, too many shotgun blasts from bird hunting and too many liberal raggin' in my ears.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 18, 2010
And I thought it was due to mice going to rock concerts. Look how the media reports this sort of thing as if it is significant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barely Used VNG equipment for sale (Feb '10) May 14 ijeremy7 53
News Hearing tests, hearing aids, and Medicare (Aug '14) May 6 Ronsy 10
News Audiologist Offers Free Hearing Aids (Apr '13) Apr 29 kody 4
Hearing Aid Apr '15 Angela K 2
Hearing Loss Apr '15 bryanflake1984 1
Used ENG/VNG equipment for sale Mar '15 hearwellevanston 1
News Maintenance of hearing aid devices ensures they... Mar '15 walkerwilliam 2
More from around the web