Tinnitus: Why are Some People More Vulnerable to Ringing Ears than Others

Mar 28, 2011 Read more: PR-inside.com

Almost all cases of tinnitus are preceded by a loss of hearing as the result of damage to the inner ear from aging, injury, or long-term exposure to loud noise, but experts estimate that only a third of those with hearing loss will go on to develop tinnitus.

Read more
Denise

United States

#1 Mar 29, 2011
I have had a sudden onset of tinnitus which occurred after a good night's sleep. I awoke with a roaring in my right ear which is now a constant noise something like the sound of a fan blowing continuosly. Along with that there is an occasional high squeal. Normally I have excellent hearing in both ears. I could hear a baby cry upstairs over a loud room of people. I could hear a siren several miles away. Now I have this constant noise and low tones (esp. big trucks on the highway) emit this vibration that is barely tolerable. My MD checked my ear and it is clear. I did have sx's of sinusitis so I am completing an antibiotic. The tinnitus is constant and this has been going on for 12 days. I do not have a headache or earache. I was stressed the day prior d/t a close family member being ill and in the ER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hearing Aid Fri Angela K 2
Hearing Loss Apr 11 bryanflake1984 1
Barely Used VNG equipment for sale (Feb '10) Mar 27 hearwellevanston 48
Used ENG/VNG equipment for sale Mar '15 hearwellevanston 1
News Maintenance of hearing aid devices ensures they... Mar '15 walkerwilliam 2
Zounds hearing aids (Mar '09) Feb '15 Elias Rufus 40
News Hearing tests, hearing aids, and Medicare (Aug '14) Feb '15 Angela K 9
More from around the web