Patient fears hearing aid held hostage

Patient fears hearing aid held hostage

There are 12 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 2, 2011, titled Patient fears hearing aid held hostage. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Lucille Ulibarri would like her hearing aid back. The 89-year-old Blanco woman had her daughter drop off her hearing aid for a minor adjustment at Miracle-Ear in Farmington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Noise

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 2, 2011
Where is the FPD when you need them, oh - at the donut or wine shop.
Outrageous

Clear Lake, MN

#2 Jun 2, 2011
Man, how miserable for this poor woman!! GIVE HER BACK HER HEARING AID! IS ANYONE AT MIRACLE EAR LISTENING?
Anybody who hangs up on a woman just trying to get her life back together like this
is a total jerk.
This company should be ashamed! What a disgrace.
My sympathies to Lucille, and I'm very glad you have such great daughters.
Way to get the word out, Chuck Slothower!
Do the right think Miracle Ear! Word is traveling fast - I'm thousands of miles
away, but I'll be blasting this story around pretty quick.
Commo

Tuba City, AZ

#3 Jun 2, 2011
Noise wrote:
Where is the FPD when you need them, oh - at the donut or wine shop.
What does FPD have to do with the hearing aide, it is a civil matter, not police matter at this point.
benderdundat

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jun 2, 2011
Commo wrote:
<quoted text>
What does FPD have to do with the hearing aide, it is a civil matter, not police matter at this point.
Don't worry about silly noise, who doesn't have a clue...
noise has some issues with our officers in blue.
bweiser

Florence, AL

#5 Jun 2, 2011
I feel bad for the woman and any others who have had their hearing aids kept from them. If Jaimee Burke is who your looking for, scour the bars and listen for the loud mouthed blond making an arse out of herself! Shame on you Jaimee!!!
Ear of Corn

Tuscumbia, AL

#6 Jun 2, 2011
You can find Jaimee and her husband at the Elk's Lodge every afternoon getting drunk.
Mark

United States

#7 Jun 2, 2011
Commo wrote:
<quoted text>
FPD are a bunch of a--holes thats why dumba--
LittleBigEars

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jun 2, 2011
I know Jaime and I say she wont show to return hearing aids. She will have somebody else take care of it, if she evens does that. If she does it will be a real miracle
GottaLoveSanJuan County

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 2, 2011
This is typical of the way businesses here treat customers- that's why I do as much of my purchasing as possible over the web or in Albuquerque. San Juan County businesses don't deserve my, or your, patronage until they understand that customers should be treated with some small amount of respect.
This situation is extreme, even for the area. I hope that this lady, and all customers who may have similar problems are taken care of soon. This is a crime- where is FPD?
Hard of Hearing

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jun 2, 2011
I can't hear very well. But I'll be darned if I'll will pay thousand$ of dollars for these scammeers such as Miracle Ear.

Since: Oct 07

Jacksonville, TX

#12 Jun 2, 2011
Hard of Hearing wrote:
I can't hear very well. But I'll be darned if I'll will pay thousand$ of dollars for these scammeers such as Miracle Ear.
Unfortunately there are many unethical, immoral distributors out there, and you can bet the farm that Beltone and Audibel are in the same class as Miracle Ear. Trust me, I know from hard earned experience.
LittleBigEars

Rio Rancho, NM

#13 Jun 2, 2011
So has anyone heard if the hearing aids were returned today? I drove by there several times today and did not see anybody around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maben Lions learn about cochlear implants May '17 Economics 1
News 'I will be living a life in silence': Sask. tee... Apr '17 Mbuchholz 1
Used ENG/VNG equipment for sale (Mar '15) Mar '17 NCNS 22
Zounds hearing aids (Mar '09) Feb '17 L Westmoreland 44
Barely Used VNG equipment for sale (Feb '10) Jan '17 Jafri 66
User manual request (Nov '16) Nov '16 Malcolm 1
number of impressions (Oct '16) Oct '16 mark2016 1
More from around the web