State medical board disciplines 3 El Paso doctors

Full story: El Paso Times 24
The Texas Medical Board on Wednesday announced disciplinary actions against three El Paso doctors. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wheres Rafael Armendariz

El Paso, TX

#1 Apr 16, 2008
What?? Dr Rafael Armendariz did not make the list this time?? He'll probably call the Board in Austin to complain.
As they say, bad publicity is better than no publicity.

The worst doctor in Juarez is 100 times better than the sorry Armendariz -- he is a QUACK !

stay away form the 16-Hour clinic on I-10, and the clinic with his tombstone on it on Montana st.

Hard to believe the Medical Board gave him his license back last year. witch-doctor.
Ibarra

El Paso, TX

#3 Apr 18, 2008
the local hospitals hire too many "doctors' from Juarez, they say they are a Juarez doctor, but do not have a USA license.
They walk in to see patients and simply say "I am a doctor". yea, but they are not a licensed US doctor, and the hospitals pay them about $25/hour.

the state needs to put an end to this.
Magdalena

El Paso, TX

#4 Apr 19, 2008
16 Hour Clinic on I-10 --

medical malpractice lawsuit waiting to happen
HECTOR

Mexico, Mexico

#5 Aug 19, 2008
WE AWARE WITH DR VICTOR VILLALOBOS AND MT. WEST FAMLILY CENTER. I WENT THERE TO HAVE MY MEDICAL EXAMINATION FOR USCIS AND INSTEAD GIVE ME THE VACCINES THEY ASKED A STUDY, WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION, TO QUEST DIAGNOSTICS, AND NOW THEY ARE CHARGING ME WITH A BILL ON $894.00 DOLLARS. QUEST SAYS THAT DR VILLALOBOS ORDERED THIS BUT I NEVER GAVE MY AUTHORIZATION. I DIDNT EVEN MET DR VILLALOBOS DURING MY EXAMS.
NOW, QUEST DIAGNOSTICS SAYS THAY THEY WILL SEND ME TO THE CREDIT BUREAU IF I DONT PAY.
IM ALSO SENDING MY COMPLAIN TO THE MEDICAL BOARD BECAUSE THIS IS AN ABUSE THAT WE CANNOT PERMIT.
Lupe

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 6, 2009
DO NOT go to Paisano Medical Center. Robert Koffman is a crook. He will overcharge you and under service you. He is uncapable of even writing a fillable prescription! He works for the devil. Oops. He is the devil. Be very careful
henry

El Paso, TX

#7 Mar 2, 2009
it is sad how the system is being abused by MD's it is true, Dr. Villalobos office looks at pt's not as a sick person but as a way of making as much money as possible off you, I too have been to his office and they try to test you and inject you for anything your health insurance will pay for. Remember it is your right to deny anything you do not feel you need in reference to your!!!!
health care if you feel it is unappropriate to your treatment. Question everything being done.
Shawna

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 2, 2009
This 16 Hour Clinic needs to be shut down. I went in tonight for a really bad sinus/throat infection. He KNEW I was breastfeeding and still prescribed my medication that cannot be taken while breastfeeding. The pharmacist told me that there are safe alternatives if I spoke with the Dr he would surely change it to them. I go back and he REFUSED and I was told to just not breastfeed my babies. Had the pharmacist not asked about breastfeeding I might have taken something that would harm my twin girls because the PA there is a nut job. He needs to be stripped of any right to practice. I will filing complaints with everyone I can think of.
Anel

United States

#9 Feb 21, 2010
All soon to be moms please stay away from dr. julio c navoa !!!! i experienced every mom biggest nightmare when i delivered my son. PLEASE PLEASE dont go with him!!!!!!!
Rey

AOL

#10 Feb 21, 2010
Not to worry, all they have to do is apply for medical positions at the County.

At least they didnt claim to be lawyers and will have a better and stronger defense for keeping a job with the County.
Jeri

El Paso, TX

#11 Oct 15, 2011
The Physicians Healthcare on Trawood needs to update it's office staff. Calls for perscriptions are never returned even though it's promised to give a call back within 72 hours. No one can locate your blood work even though it was done in their office and promises to get appointments set up at hospitals for your testing is never done. It took several calls to finally get that in the works. Have no idea why my doctor did not get my fax when it was addressed to her specifically. The walk-in clinic "doctor" I got 3 different times, turned out to be very "lame" or had no clue what a doctor was supposed to do. My doctor is probably good, but I cannot put up with the way the office is run. Anyone know a good female general practice doctor on the east side?
i-smth

El Paso, TX

#12 Jan 26, 2012
Wheres Rafael Armendariz wrote:
What?? Dr Rafael Armendariz did not make the list this time?? He'll probably call the Board in Austin to complain.
As they say, bad publicity is better than no publicity.
The worst doctor in Juarez is 100 times better than the sorry Armendariz -- he is a QUACK !
stay away form the 16-Hour clinic on I-10, and the clinic with his tombstone on it on Montana st.
Hard to believe the Medical Board gave him his license back last year. witch-doctor.
HIs places need to be investigated I asked for auptsy for my husband it was given cause his Doctor signed his Death cerificate.
3victin every 12hrs plus certain med.I found out they were not to be mixed with certain pain killer. the perscriptions where taken away from me so if was any type eivdents they destroy it.
Crystal Parlier

El Paso, TX

#13 Jun 4, 2012
I think Dr. Armendariz is a wonderful doctor, despite what all of you have said about him. He has brought my husband back from near death and is still doing good by him and I plan on making him my own personal doctor.
Everyone has bad experiences with doctors sometimes because no one is perfect but I think you are being very critical and judgemental of Dr. Armendariz when you say that he is a quack, etc. He is a very good quack if that is the case!!! That's why he still has his license!!!
Crystal Parlier

El Paso, TX

#14 Jun 4, 2012
You are entitled to your own opinion but so am I and I think that Dr. Armendariz is a wonderful doctor. He is very thorough and explains everything that he is telling you in terms that we can understand. He has wonderful bedside manners and he has brought my husband back from the verge of death. I also plan on making him my doctor as well because I believe in him and I will support him 100%. Once again, you are entitled to your opinion but please know who and what you are taking about before you make such snide remarks.
DR Armendariz red flags

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Nov 20, 2014
First of all all MD's should hold a professional appearance aside from ethics and schooling.Dr. Armendariz office on the
Westside looks like a cheap display of art
a Narco (drug lord) would put in his house.
Not appropriate. An appearance of a hair salon. In addition there is not a number to the clinic. Rather an "administrative" answering voicemail. Red flags ! Juarez Doctors are more professional than this Chicano. For a reason the FBI was sent in and led to consequences.
huey goins

El Paso, TX

#16 Nov 20, 2014
DR Armendariz red flags wrote:
First of all all MD's should hold a professional appearance aside from ethics and schooling.Dr. Armendariz office on the
Westside looks like a cheap display of art
a Narco (drug lord) would put in his house.
Not appropriate. An appearance of a hair salon. In addition there is not a number to the clinic. Rather an "administrative" answering voicemail. Red flags ! Juarez Doctors are more professional than this Chicano. For a reason the FBI was sent in and led to consequences.
I plan to sue my doctor because I went for a checkup and he demanded for me to pull down my drawers, bend over and spread my butt cheeks. He then inserted something hard and cold inside of me and worked it in and out for some time. He said I was clean as a whistle, but I can't be sure because he wouldn't show me the x-rays. I plan to sue him for fraud, deception and unauthorized groping because normally I insist that someone buy me a few cocktails before I let them get at my back door or my butt hole.
huey goins

El Paso, TX

#17 Nov 20, 2014
huey goins wrote:
<quoted text>
I plan to sue my doctor because I went for a checkup and he demanded for me to pull down my drawers, bend over and spread my butt cheeks. He then inserted something hard and cold inside of me and worked it in and out for some time. He said I was clean as a whistle, but I can't be sure because he wouldn't show me the x-rays. I plan to sue him for fraud, deception and unauthorized groping because normally I insist that someone buy me a few cocktails before I let them get at my back door or my butt hole.
This imposter posting crap is dumb as hell. Y QUE. The navy owl poem is for this idiot: Chicken horse cow duck....tell someone that gives a hoot.
marco

El Paso, TX

#18 Feb 6, 2015
Crystal Parlier wrote:
You are entitled to your own opinion but so am I and I think that Dr. Armendariz is a wonderful doctor. He is very thorough and explains everything that he is telling you in terms that we can understand. He has wonderful bedside manners and he has brought my husband back from the verge of death. I also plan on making him my doctor as well because I believe in him and I will support him 100%. Once again, you are entitled to your opinion but please know who and what you are taking about before you make such snide remarks.
He has been very lucky. His medical license was taken away. He paid so much money to get it back and was in probation in 2000, then 2008. He is money hungry and is just a matter he will get busted again for kick backs and his own employees will turn against him.
Tom the Alley Cat

El Paso, TX

#19 Feb 7, 2015
Dr Robert B Garrick is a quack! If your love one has lymphosarcoma in the intestines he'll say the diagnose was renal failure.
Lety Jacquez

United States

#20 Feb 24, 2015
I went to Dr Rafael Armendariz office at6974 Gateway east today 2/24/15 the staff was not so bad ...i took my son to get his monthly injection...normally i would have taken to his dr, but he needed it asap. So i took him to clinic...so i figured I would see dr to help me with my anxiety too... once I was in the room with Dr Mustafa Musaam (not sure if I spelled name right) my first visit and I was having anxiety issues... so I was going to get some help. Instead Dr Mustafa w a s rude, humiliating and very very non professional. He fist received a call while we entered room talked to someone for about 5 min. We waited patiently...he finished his conversation and through phone on table area...commented "i am so tired! Then he looks at us and says "what do you all need...so I said "my son needs his monthly injection" before I could finish...he looks at male nurse and says to him "why did you put them in a room" nurse tells him...she also needs to see u...ok "what is wrong with you! I was telling him how stressed I was and he started telling me that I did not know what stress was! He was stressed and tired. He dealt with sick people...dying people...he was a dr what kind of stress could I have! By this time...I was more stressed. So I told him to forget about me to just take care of my son...he said ok...and pointed for us to leave room...by this time I was having an strong anxiety issues and crying from anger that a professional dr could treat sny patient or human in this manner. Why are they allowed to do this! Why! Are they better than us! I have NEVER EVER been treated in this manner by any dr.....I used to see a DR BLOCK in the past and he was a professional dr... not like the drs at dr armendariz clinics. They are awful!! Someone needs to investigate them.....also they issue medication without being checked...analized... aaaahhhh feel so humilliated by this educated fool Mustafa Musaam!
huey goins

El Paso, TX

#21 Feb 24, 2015
Lety Jacquez wrote:
I went to Dr Rafael Armendariz office at6974 Gateway east today 2/24/15 the staff was not so bad ...i took my son to get his monthly injection...normally i would have taken to his dr, but he needed it asap. So i took him to clinic...so i figured I would see dr to help me with my anxiety too... once I was in the room with Dr Mustafa Musaam (not sure if I spelled name right) my first visit and I was having anxiety issues... so I was going to get some help. Instead Dr Mustafa w a s rude, humiliating and very very non professional. He fist received a call while we entered room talked to someone for about 5 min. We waited patiently...he finished his conversation and through phone on table area...commented "i am so tired! Then he looks at us and says "what do you all need...so I said "my son needs his monthly injection" before I could finish...he looks at male nurse and says to him "why did you put them in a room" nurse tells him...she also needs to see u...ok "what is wrong with you! I was telling him how stressed I was and he started telling me that I did not know what stress was! He was stressed and tired. He dealt with sick people...dying people...he was a dr what kind of stress could I have! By this time...I was more stressed. So I told him to forget about me to just take care of my son...he said ok...and pointed for us to leave room...by this time I was having an strong anxiety issues and crying from anger that a professional dr could treat sny patient or human in this manner. Why are they allowed to do this! Why! Are they better than us! I have NEVER EVER been treated in this manner by any dr.....I used to see a DR BLOCK in the past and he was a professional dr... not like the drs at dr armendariz clinics. They are awful!! Someone needs to investigate them.....also they issue medication without being checked...analized... aaaahhhh feel so humilliated by this educated fool Mustafa Musaam!
Live and learn. Next time go to an American doctor, who will treat you right, instead of a goddam foreigner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anesthesiology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Growing the new modern medicine 13 hr jtn 2
Pain meds available here (Apr '13) Mar 27 stripped 4
bicitra Jan '15 rshanes 1
News Nurse anesthetists aren't the same as anesthesi... (Sep '10) Jan '15 MDABASHER56 129
'Post-oxygenation' increases apnoea time in dif... Nov '14 re-n1 1
News No more mouth-to-mouth: CPR recommendations sho... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Ebola 1
What went wrong with Woods? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Rio 1
More from around the web