Allergy Sufferers Swear By New Laser Treatment

Jul 2, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ThePittsburghChannel

Channel 4 Action News anchor Michelle Wright went to Murrysville to check out a new laser treatment that some patients say can zap away their allergy problems.

Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Placebo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This is a miracle and is deserving of a Nobel Prize. And who says that CAM treatments don't work. I bet that MD Allergists are jealous that they can't treat "behavioral issues related to allergies." MDs...wake up and learn instead of being mindless pawns of Big Pharma.
Aerial View

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Placebo wrote:
This is a miracle and is deserving of a Nobel Prize. And who says that CAM treatments don't work. I bet that MD Allergists are jealous that they can't treat "behavioral issues related to allergies." MDs...wake up and learn instead of being mindless pawns of Big Pharma.
While I would agree the laser allergy treatment most likely doesn't work, the comments by placebo demonstrate a complete lack of thought process. Without even examining why or the why not a treatment is or isn't effective, this comatose genius dismisses it out of hand. His ignorance and total lack of imagination is breathtaking. Repetition without thought. Isn't that what mindless parrots do?
Placebo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

OK then....let's see what the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection and the Federal Trade Commission say about using the LZR7 for "permanent treatment" of allergies at $100 a pop.

I'm sure they will especially like the "fact" that it "tricks your body into not attacking" (an allergen).
Aerial View

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Placebo wrote:
OK then....let's see what the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection and the Federal Trade Commission say about using the LZR7 for "permanent treatment" of allergies at $100 a pop.
I'm sure they will especially like the "fact" that it "tricks your body into not attacking" (an allergen).
Worthless threats like yours are just that--worthless. You don't have the brains, power, nor influence to carry out your threats. But I do understand your need to be heard and feel important. "Hey, I'll sick the Attorney General on you. Stand back! Stand back!" He he. If someone would take a step in your direction you'd run like a scared rabbit on speed, crying for momma. Just a frustrated, no account bully with no power. No one is afraid of you or your threats. I dare you, coward.
Wisdom

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

This kind of scam, like most of chiropractic, has to be investigated by the authorities. This laser BS is so much like the chiropractic enterprise. No research, all BS.

Ripping off people from their hard earned money is not a joke.

The chiropractic diaper must be emptied.
Aerial View

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Wisdom wrote:
This kind of scam, like most of chiropractic, has to be investigated by the authorities. This laser BS is so much like the chiropractic enterprise. No research, all BS.
Ripping off people from their hard earned money is not a joke.
The chiropractic diaper must be emptied.
This is so typical of the fraud and liar wisdom. He knows nothing, absoultely nothing about lasers and he's spouting off like the jackass he his. For that matter, wisdom knows little to nothing about chiropractic and even less about any type of health care field. He's a frustrated loser who never made it in anything.
Oh, read the below link for another fake chiropractic expert. Remind you of wisdom? Oh my yes.
There is tons of documented literature, double blind studies, on laser use and how effective they are for a many musculo-skeletal conditions including carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, and arthritis pain. Wisdom just marked himself as an uneducated dolt. So he can add that to his fraud and liar titles. Quite a collection. Wisdom is the ULTIMATE liar and deceiver.

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/editorial/quack...
http://www.canlyme.com/quackwatch.html
Racheal

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 9, 2012
 
I'm on my fifth treatment tomorrow. I don't know
if it's working. I went because I have heartburn Thats out of control and have inflammation in my stomach. I was feeling great after the third treatment and adding food to my diet. After the fourth I had a complete turn around. I decided to go back for the fifth but I don't know if I'll follow through with the 13. It's $125 each time or if you pay up front they give you a deal. I'm not paying up front for something that I'm skeptical about. I feel like they try to pressure me every time I go in to pay the whole thing. I don't like that. If it works let the product speak for it's self. I don't need to be locked in.
DrCallahan

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 9, 2012
 
To be clear, there is no evidence that this chiropractor's treatments are good for anything, much less allergies. The whole idea is outrageous. We need to rid our field of these types of hucksters.

Racheal, run, don't walk from this guy. Chiropractors such as myself, do not receive any clinical training in examining, diagnosing orn treating allergies. Chiropractors are simply not qualified to render an opinion on allergies. See a board certified allergist.
Racheal

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 10, 2012
 
Thank Dr. Callahan,
I'm going in today for my fifth treatment. After
today I don't think I'll go back. Sometimes when
people are tired and sick of being sick they cling
on to anything that gives them hope, even if its a false hope. I know they prey on this.
who="DrCallahan"]To be clear, there is no evidence that this chiropractor's treatments are good for anything, much less allergies. The whole idea is outrageous. We need to rid our field of these types of hucksters.
Racheal, run, don't walk from this guy. Chiropractors such as myself, do not receive any clinical training in examining, diagnosing orn treating allergies. Chiropractors are simply not qualified to render an opinion on allergies. See a board certified allergist.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 10, 2012
 
Racheal, I would advice you that "Dr.Callahan" has no credentials of even being a doctor. He spams these boards with anti-chiropractic rants. Chiropractors have an extensive educational background but should not be diagnosing and treating allergies.

However if you are not feeling like you sustained a significant help from these treatments it would probably be a good choice to seek another professional. Nutritionists can greatly aid in allergies. I would just advise you to try the most conservative methods first and don't get sucked into paying for long-term treatment plans and payments up front.

Good Luck there are plenty of answers out there that can help!

A chiropractic program consists of 4 academic years of professional education averaging a total of 4,822 hours, and ranging from 4,400 hours to 5,220 hours in the 16 colleges. This includes an average of 1,975 hours in clinical sciences and 1,405 hours of clinical clerkship. The minimum hours for accreditation by the Council on Chiropractic Education is 4,200 hours.

Chiro Students do rounds through VA hospitals.
Constantly analyze X-rays and images from their first year.
Chiropractic has more clinical classes than PTs

The chiropractic physician must pass four levels of national board exams and a physical therapy exam to be eligible to sit for state board examinations. State board exams involve both written examination and oral practical exams involving clinical practice and x-ray interpretation.

After graduation, the DC may undergo postgraduate training to become board certified as a chiropractic radiologist, neurologist, orthopedist, internist, family practitioner, sports physician, rehabilitation specialists, clinical nutritionist, or pain management specialist. Medical physicians also may become board certified.
Wisdom

Albertson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 10, 2012
 
"Racheal, I would advice you that "Dr.Callahan" has no credentials of even being a doctor. He spams these boards with anti-chiropractic rants. Chiropractors have an extensive educational background but should not be diagnosing and treating allergies. "

Bottom line, NE just made up the statement that Dr. Callahan has "no credentials" then wants us to believe that he does. He probably is a chiropractor. Many lack in fundamental critical thinking abilities.

And then to claim that chiropractors can become "orthopedists, neurologists, pain management specialists, clinical nutritionists, and rehabilitation specialists is just SOOOOOOOO misleading. Really outright lying.

Oh and then to imply that chiropractors have more training in rehab than PTs is utterly stupid.

And to even imply that chiropractors can treat allergies is outright bull crap.

Here are the facts, chiropractors get NO actual clinical experience in examining, diagnosing or treating patients with allergies, asthma, post surgical rehab, critical nutritional deficiencies, etc etc, nor are they qualified to comment on any pharmaceutical issues.

Do some chiropractic students walk around some VA hospitals watching medical doctors at work? Some do during their chiropractic schooling. 99% of all chiropractic schools do not provide even that "experience". And then to say that they have "hospital experience" like medical doctors is such a LIE. Disgusting!

Bottom line, your chiropractor, like many chiropractors desperate to scam people out of their hard earned money, "treated" you with an unfounded "method".

The above chiropractor, Dr. Callahan suggested that you see a board certified allergist. As a former chiropractor, I suggest you do the same.
Racheal

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 10, 2012
 
I don't have food allergies, I just went because their website states they can help with digestive problems. I've been to a GI doctor twice and my GP over a dozen and they don't have any answers, I've been on every perscribed and over the counter meds for acid reflux. I think the whole laser thing is strange. I've been looking on line for feed back but just find the centers praising the treatment.
DrCallahan

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 10, 2012
 
Racheal, don't waste your time looking for any legitimate evidence that what your chiropractor is doing is a valid treatment for anything. It simply does not exist.

I liken it to chiropractors who claim that they can cure people of illnesses by tweaking only the top vertebrae. Sure you can visit thier "nucca" technique web sites but you'll never find any legitimate site that would lend them credibility. Much the same for many chiropractic treatments, such as AK, activator, impulse, pro adjuster, dnft etc etc.

Best wishes.
Jill

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 13, 2012
 
Looking for feed back from someone that has
Finished their treatments.
Dr Dixon Chiropractor

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 21, 2012
 
DrCallahan wrote:
To be clear, there is no evidence that this chiropractor's treatments are good for anything, much less allergies. The whole idea is outrageous. We need to rid our field of these types of hucksters.
Racheal, run, don't walk from this guy. Chiropractors such as myself, do not receive any clinical training in examining, diagnosing orn treating allergies. Chiropractors are simply not qualified to render an opinion on allergies. See a board certified allergist.
Chiropractic manipulation has been shown in multiple studes in Pubmed to increase ranges of motion, decrease inflammation, decrease pain (gate theory by stimulation of mechanoreceptors and inhibition of group IV nociceptors through interneurons at the spinal cord level), decrease muscle spasm. The close-contact, hands-on, caring aspect of chiropractic health care has many positive effects on the cortical aspect of healing as well.
But I agree with Dr Callahan: there is no research that laser helps allergies-- I have a 5-month old child (my own son) who struggles with food allergies still, even though on Neocate formula, and I have EXTENSIVELY researched laser therapy on allergies. Nothing. Well, nothing reputable or legitimate. Try www.pubmed.com any time you wonder about therapies.
Chiropractors are knowledgeable about a surprising amount of things, and they generally know and are able to do more than you think, but allergies are NOT part of our scope. We learned about them in school; we understand the IgE reactions and eosinophilic infiltration like any standard MD would; but we are NOT specialists in the field. Yes, go see a board-certified allergist.
:-)
Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 21, 2012
 
Dr Dixon Chiropractor wrote:
<quoted text>
Chiropractic manipulation has been shown in multiple studes in Pubmed to increase ranges of motion, decrease inflammation, decrease pain (gate theory by stimulation of mechanoreceptors and inhibition of group IV nociceptors through interneurons at the spinal cord level), decrease muscle spasm. The close-contact, hands-on, caring aspect of chiropractic health care has many positive effects on the cortical aspect of healing as well.
But I agree with Dr Callahan: there is no research that laser helps allergies-- I have a 5-month old child (my own son) who struggles with food allergies still, even though on Neocate formula, and I have EXTENSIVELY researched laser therapy on allergies. Nothing. Well, nothing reputable or legitimate. Try www.pubmed.com any time you wonder about therapies.
Chiropractors are knowledgeable about a surprising amount of things, and they generally know and are able to do more than you think, but allergies are NOT part of our scope. We learned about them in school; we understand the IgE reactions and eosinophilic infiltration like any standard MD would; but we are NOT specialists in the field. Yes, go see a board-certified allergist.
:-)
I agree. Lasers do not work for allergies. But I get tremendous results treating wounds with low level lasers. Right now I have seven wound patients. It takes about a week to notice definite signs of healing and less than three weeks for 80% closer for most wounds. I have a lot of diabetic patients. I spent a ton of money on the laser but it's worth it in every way. In fact I'm listed as one of the practitioners on the laser company's website. I get a lot of referrals from them and even more from satisfied patients.
If you have a practice, get a low level laser to treat wounds as well as deep tissue conditions (muscles, tendons, and joints). Go to the company's website and talk to them about it.
Chiroseth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 21, 2012
 
These crack head chiropractors keep coming out of the woods. Chiros are not trained in wound care. They (we) are not trained nor are we able to treat allergies. Any chiropractor would know this. lying scum bucket chiropractors are always trying to claim they can help things they are clearly not capable of helping. Go back into your cave Washington, and leave chiropractic to the reputable. We have enough problems without more idiots like you.
Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 21, 2012
 
Chiroseth wrote:
These crack head chiropractors keep coming out of the woods. Chiros are not trained in wound care. They (we) are not trained nor are we able to treat allergies. Any chiropractor would know this. lying scum bucket chiropractors are always trying to claim they can help things they are clearly not capable of helping. Go back into your cave Washington, and leave chiropractic to the reputable. We have enough problems without more idiots like you.
Again, nice try, fraud. You are clearly a liar and not a chiropractor.
If you were a chiropractor then you would have heard of post graduate work. Since you have not, you clearly marked yourself as a con, fraud and liar--just like wisdom and cody. Oh wait, you ARE wisdom/cody. Sorry, did I just strike a nerve? he he he
Wisdom

Albertson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 22, 2012
 
Chiroseth, idiots like washboy are one of the reasons I left chiropractic a long time ago.

I don't know how you put up with their crap.

"chiropractic post graduate work"? In "chiropractic wound care"? Brought to you by thor laser sales. Yes indeed, that's "post graduate chiropractic training" at its best. Plenty of "pre and post" pictures of supposed wounds? yes indeed, that's the clinical training washboy refers to.

heaven forbid you quack chiropractors actually get trained in hospitals and wound care centers. Then again, the extent of your "wound care" would be to wave a "cold laser" over a wound. I also know quack chiropractors who wave the same "cold lasers" over strained muscles. Very sad.

A full investigation needs to be done.

And thanks chiroseth, for helping to expose these quacks as lying scum bags.

Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 22, 2012
 
Wisdom wrote:
Chiroseth, idiots like washboy are one of the reasons I left chiropractic a long time ago.
I don't know how you put up with their crap.
"chiropractic post graduate work"? In "chiropractic wound care"? Brought to you by thor laser sales. Yes indeed, that's "post graduate chiropractic training" at its best. Plenty of "pre and post" pictures of supposed wounds? yes indeed, that's the clinical training washboy refers to.
heaven forbid you quack chiropractors actually get trained in hospitals and wound care centers. Then again, the extent of your "wound care" would be to wave a "cold laser" over a wound. I also know quack chiropractors who wave the same "cold lasers" over strained muscles. Very sad.
A full investigation needs to be done.
And thanks chiroseth, for helping to expose these quacks as lying scum bags.
Chiroseth, wisdom just lied, like usual. There's nothing funnier and easier than catching wisdom in a lie.
His lie was this: there is no post graduate work in chiropractic. he he he
Not only is there EXTENSIVE post graduate work, there are minimum hospital/rotation requirements.
http://licenseinfo.oregon.gov/index.cfm...
Wisdom has just been trapped in one of his many, many, many lies. Yawn.
I'm glad he's not in chiropractic. The profession smells a lot better without him.
Oh, and since wisdom is not an MD, medicine also smells better.
BTW--in case the liar forgot to file one of his lies--less than two months ago he admitted he wasn't an MD--thinking I forgot.
Just like I provided the link above, I can provide the link where he said he was not an MD. Too easy.
Wisdom is a fraud--read the link I posted. You'll see. Everything wisdom has ever posted has been one big lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Acupuncture Discussions

Search the Acupuncture Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Reflexology Offers Some Pain Relief (Apr '13) Tue DevinBaker33 6
Halton Community Rehabilitation Centre Jul 20 Dr Basim Elhabashy 2
Mild Depression Treatment Doesn't Always Mean M... Jul 20 Dr Basim Elhabashy 7
No, JAMA does not now recommend chiropractic ca... Jul 20 Chiropractor from Chicago 4
Depression gets pinned with acupuncture treatment (Sep '10) Jul 18 joy 5
Allergy sufferers seek alternatives Jul 17 Chiropractor from Chicago 12
A local chiropractor uses pressure points to he... Jul 16 joy 38
•••
•••