Chronic pain sufferers not getting care needed, online survey finds

Jan 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Calgary Herald

Chronic pain sufferers who feel as if they are being ignored or misdiagnosed by the mainstream health care system in Canada are turning in increasing numbers to massage therapy, chiropractic services and acupuncture.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Screwed

Sparta, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

i was on a regimen that was working for me, but I moved. My old doctor kept telling me I needed to find one where I now lived, but I couldn't. Finally that doctor went to another practice and now I can't get the pain meds that were proving effective. I have gained 130 pounds, so I weigh twice as much as I used to.
ritacolls

Collingswood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2011

Screwed wrote:
i was on a regimen that was working for me, but I moved. My old doctor kept telling me I needed to find one where I now lived, but I couldn't. Finally that doctor went to another practice and now I can't get the pain meds that were proving effective. I have gained 130 pounds, so I weigh twice as much as I used to.
your doctor or Ins. co. should be able to help you with a new set up.I don't know what you were taking, but a pain mgmt. usually involvs, anti deprescents witch control weight. If you google pain mgmt drs, with ur zip, u will get a list. I do no alot about this and have some stuff avail. for people who suffer If you can not find a dr and you need a different option, you can e-mail me at ritacolls@yahoo.com and if i can be of assisstance , I will.
Temeca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

They need a bullet

Since: May 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Medical marijuana

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Acupuncture Discussions

Search the Acupuncture Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Are acupuncturists doctors? (Jul '09) 21 hr Juan Medina 18
A local chiropractor uses pressure points to he... Tue Chiropractor From Chicago 35
Little Falls doctor doles out chiropractic and ... Apr 10 Chiropractor From Chicago 3
free samples Hemi facial spasm- treatment by ac... (Mar '13) Apr 1 pradeep 2
Bali Spirit Festival 2014: A global celebration Mar '14 James Bond 1
Using acupuncture to treat the symptoms of hay ... (Apr '10) Mar '14 Allen 4
Blurred vision after acupuncture? (Sep '07) Mar '14 sara b 14
•••
•••
•••
•••