Doctors Call for End of Water Fluorid...

Doctors Call for End of Water Fluoridation

There are 3 comments on the imacupuncture.com story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Doctors Call for End of Water Fluoridation. In it, imacupuncture.com reports that:

I assumed, as most doctors do, that there must have been great scientific evidence to prove that putting fluoride in drinking water is beneficial for everyone..otherwise, why would the government approve its universal use?

Apparently, this type of evidence never existed.

Once I found out that the fluoride used in our drinking water is industrial run-off from the phosphate fertilizer industry , I decided I better get to the truth of the matter. I was astounded to learn that not only is fluoride never been shown to be beneficial when swallowed, it actually can cause harm, especially to newborns and people with kidney failure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at imacupuncture.com.

Eden Westley DDS

Algonquin, IL

#1 Apr 25, 2012
There are a lot of misconceptions out there but the fact of the matter is- fluoridation is significantly more beneficial than it is harmful for reasons that have all been supported by decades of research in the oral health industry, which all end up summarizing that it is still one of the most effective and cost-efficient ways to prevent dental disease among large populations.(i.e. for every $1 spent on water fluoridation,$38 is saved in overall dental costs/ 25% of decay is eliminated over a person's lifetime due to fluoride in their drinking water....www.cdc.gov/fluoridat ion/fact_sheets/).
Also, water fluoridation prevents tooth decay by coming in contact with teeth through the drinking process- NOT by swallowing it. It restricts the demineralization process of your enamel from becoming too soft and eventually eroding away, which otherwise would hightened the potential for cavities and decay to move in.
jwillie6

Lafayette, LA

#2 Apr 25, 2012
It's time to retire fluoridation because it doesn't work, wastes money and is harmful to health. Drinking it to prevent tooth decay is like drinking sunscreen to prevent sunburn.

The contention that it saves $38 for each $1 of chemical is pure propaganda. It wastes tax money.

Even if fluoride was helpful to teeth, distributing any drug in drinking water is the most expensive and wasteful method.

As a Civil Engineer, I know that people drink only 1/2%(one-half percent) of the water they use. The remaining 99 ˝% of the water with this toxic industrial waste fluoride chemical (Hexafluorosilicic acid) is dumped directly into the environment through the sewer system. The company CEO would be arrested immediately if they dumped their toxic waste fluoride into a river. The only way they can do legally is to run it through the community drinking water system first. It is an absolute insane condition.

For example, for every $1000 of fluoride chemical added to water,$995 would be directly wasted down the drain in toilets, showers, dishwashers, etc.,$5 would be consumed in water by the people, and less than $0.50 (fifty cents) would be consumed by children, the target group for this outdated practice.

That would be comparable to buying one gallon of milk, using six-and-one-half drops of it, and pouring the rest of the gallon in the sink.

Fluoridation surely is in contention as the most wasteful government program. Giving away fluoride tablets free to anyone who wants them or adding it to salt would be far cheaper and certainly more ethical, because then we would have the freedom to choose.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Apr 27, 2012
Topical applications may be fine but everyone should reconsider ingesting it through the tap water. Approximately 75% of Florida residents are being forced to ingest fluorosilicic acid by the municipal governments. The FDA has approved 3 fluoride compounds to be used in toothpaste but has NEVER approved of the toxic waste (fluorosilicic acid) that they are polluting our drinking water with.

Please join us in our effort to stop the practice of putting toxic chemicals in our tap water.

Fluoride Free Florida
http://fluoridefreeflorida.com/join-us/

50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation
http://fluoridefreeflorida.com/

On Facebook,“click to join” in upper right hand corner
https://www.facebook.com/ #!/groups/fluoridefreeflorida/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acupuncture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McGehee Animal Clinic Focuses on Close Family C... Jun 28 been there done that 1
News HIV fight sends a new message (Jul '06) Jun 26 xer 7
Good Acupuncturist/good treatment? (May '09) Jun 22 Regina Peterson 9
Are acupuncturists doctors? (Jul '09) Jun 20 Anonymous 24
News Detox 101 Jun 20 lots need help 1
News Using acupuncture to treat the symptoms of hay ... (Apr '10) Jun 13 arcanaknight 6
News Sleep ASAP: Sleep strugglers' welcome relief (Dec '14) Jun 8 acupunctureinreading 2
More from around the web