What Is Aromatherapy? The Theory Behi...

What Is Aromatherapy? The Theory Behind Aromatherapy

There are 206 comments on the Medical News Today story from Jul 8, 2009, titled What Is Aromatherapy? The Theory Behind Aromatherapy. In it, Medical News Today reports that:

Editor's Choice Main Category: Complementary Medicine / Alternative Medicine Article Date: 08 Jul 2009 - 2:00 PDT Aromatherapy is a type of alternative medicine that uses essential oils and other aromatic plant compounds which are aimed at improving a person's health or mood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Medical News Today.

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#165 Dec 30, 2009
still waiting for evidence.

It's tragically funny that you guys have back these voodoo cures yet can't find a shred of support for them
Wisdom

Bethpage, NY

#166 Dec 30, 2009
Gotta love these chiropractors. Immature quacks who, when caught with their chiropractic pants down, continue with their cult chant, "The drug companies are spewing out too many dangerous products..."

Does it get any more stupid?

Chiropractors will be chiropractors after all. its what they know and do.

Time to empty their chiropractic diapers.
Beach

Costa Mesa, CA

#167 Dec 30, 2009
These people wisdom and nuggin are frauds, with their nazi tactics. I can figure you radical out a mile away. I cannot even believe that pharma would pay such dummies?

Sick YES very SICK

Hey Chiropractors I think these radicals just might be helping out your cause.

Pharma Blogging needs to stop
King

Lakeland, FL

#168 Dec 30, 2009
Right on Beach

Way to put it to these quacks who want to intimidate

I will say it again

CHECKMATE wisDUMB ahahhahahahahhahahahahah

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#169 Dec 30, 2009
Beach wrote:
These people wisdom and nuggin are frauds
You need to learn English if you are going to use it to post.

Define "fraud" for us.

Then tell me if you posing as one of us and posting counts as a fraud or not?
KIng

Lakeland, FL

#170 Dec 30, 2009
Ah shut up you dumb REALLY REALLY dumb PILL POPPING FREAK

I think you had better do as I command NOW GO AND GET ME MY COFFEE freak

That is a good nutnuggin good little pill popper

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#171 Dec 30, 2009
Still waiting...

What's the matter? Can't think of even ONE thing to support your claims?
Nuggin

AOL

#172 Dec 30, 2009
The reason I spend 16 hours a day on Topix is because I don't have anything else to do. Chiropractors have ticked me off long enough and now I am forced to make up lies which is my cowardly way of discrediting them which I know is impossible. It's not fair many chiropractors make a great living and I can't. It just isn't fair.
Maybe my next motion picture feature will be "How I Spend 16 Hours A Day Posting On Topix." Trust me, it's a great way to spend your day--especially if this is the limits of your life.
toothpick

Costa Mesa, CA

#173 Dec 30, 2009
Someone help this nuggin and wisdom they are really a insane bunch of fruit cakes

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#174 Dec 30, 2009
toothpick wrote:
The reason I spend 16 hours a day on Topix is because I don't have anything else to do.
You should maybe get a hobby.
Natural

Lakeland, FL

#177 Jan 2, 2010
Your next learning session has started! Wisdom and Nuggin please sit down and be quite as your professor Natural has now started his presentation..

Thank you Thank you wisdom and nuggin for joining us today, I am glad that Harrient could make it and I also see Barrett and AJ in here also. Very good I am glad all of you are here.

What we will be learning today is HOW TO SPOT PSEUDOSCIENTIFIC BASED MEDICINE.

You know everyone, there are a lot of internet sites claiming to be science based. In fact everyone is jumping on the bandwagon these days.

So why is this, we ask ourselves? Well folks there is a lot of money involved here. I mean a lot of money floating around. Everyone want to get a piece of the pie these days.

Chiropractic is growing at record numbers. Subluxations are the talk of he day. So many people want to disprove subluxations. But everyone seems to fall short as they cannot provide any evidence that they do not exist. The only thing floating around is misleading HEARSAY. What is disturbing here, is we have some esteemed academic scholars writing hearsay and calling it evidence based?

So why has Chiropractic caught the attention of everyone. The fact is because patient are getting better. Less medication required. The benefits just are endless when you choose a DC as your PCP.

Chiropractic has developed many enemies these days. You see folks when we live in a FOR PROFIT free market HEALTHCARE society. There is no guarantee that you are going to remain on top. That is a fact. So they are really scared, they see chiropractic as a REAL THREAT? Why because DCs get education that rivals them.

Now state laws allow a DC to provide and serve as a PCP. That is the LAW and a FACT.

Who stands to loos the most? PHARMA because when a patient sees a CHIRO they are not going to get drugs for tx. They are going to be healed naturally.

So how do you spot a PSEUDOSCIENTIC BASED MEDICINE radical? Well, just think when your out in real life and you meet a person that bads mouths everyone around them, claiming they know more than anyone else. Or when your out in the real world and you see a person laughing at or making racist comments against and entire race or even PROFESSION. How could this person know every single person of the particular race or profession? So why do they do this?

Yes it is disturbing hurtful. If you talk to the elders who had to live through the civils rights movements or survive a concetration camp as has some of my family. You would be able to see, that stuff like this is wrong and cannot be tolerated because it is dangerous. When you see some internet site laughing or making fun of people. If you see these sites attacking people personally. If you see these people promoting the idea that everyone is bad. Well my friends, you have just witnessed a PSEUDOSCIENTIFIC BASED SITE. One in which nazi tacitics and racism are still alive and well today.

We have to fight back at these people. Can you imagine seeing these people doing this and then come to find out they are a Doctor? People we usually look up to? Well maybe that is why they are living behind a keyboard and not actually seeing patient in the trenches.

We have to stop this racism against the Chiropractic profession. This could actually be considered a CIVIL RIGHTs issue. My dear cousin who is a attourney and very good one told me that is how he sees it.

Real science does not make fun of people personally. They do not take an entire profession and claim to speak for them based on a few people who guide them in this direction

We need to stop these radicals We need to fight for our CIVIL RIGHTS
Natural

Lakeland, FL

#178 Jan 2, 2010
Your next learning sessin will begin shortly

Thank you Thank you
FraudPolice

AOL

#179 Jan 2, 2010
Wisdom wrote:
Gotta love these chiropractors. Immature quacks who, when caught with their chiropractic pants down, continue with their cult chant, "The drug companies are spewing out too many dangerous products..."
Does it get any more stupid?
Chiropractors will be chiropractors after all. its what they know and do.
Time to empty their chiropractic diapers.
Hey Allen. How's it going?
Anyway, just curious if you've always been a fraud and a liar. Or is it just when you post here? Some hobby--you know, being a fraud and a liar. Also, Al, did it give you a sense of satisfaction when you ratted on your chiropractic employer? Just curious, Al.

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#180 Jan 2, 2010
Natural wrote:
We have to stop this racism against the Chiropractic profession.
Your post is long and contains all the same old bullcrap mistakes you've been making for a month. However, this statement is profoundly retarded.

Chiropractors are not a race of people. It's a profession.

And, LIKE ANY OTHER PROFESSION OUT THERE, they should be forced to prove that they can do what they CLAIM that they can do.

Why EXACTLY are you fighting to keep chiropractors from having to do what plumbers, pizza delivery guys and grocery store clerks all have to do?

What POSSIBLE reason could you have to want to exempt them from proving their claims?

If they CAN do what they say, give us the evidence.
If they CAN'T do what they say, then they have to stop the false advertising.

It's REALLY as simple as that.

Can you give us a REASONABLE explanation why you are against this VERY simple standard?

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#181 Jan 2, 2010
FraudPolice wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Allen. How's it going?
Anyway, just curious if you've always been a fraud and a liar.
Yawn. More bullsh1t.

Look, it's all boils down to this:

Either you believe that someone should not advertise services they can not provide -OR- you have no problem with them advertising services they can not provide.

I just don't understand the logic behind your position.

Please explain it to me.

Why is it okay for this profession to advertise cures which they can not provide?

OR, if you DON'T believe that, then...

Why are you arguing against me? All I'm asking is that chiropractors present evidence to support their claims.

What's so wrong about asking for evidence?
Natural

Lakeland, FL

#182 Jan 3, 2010
I am glad that nuggin has decided to join the free learning sessions.

You see folks, nuggin is a very confused person.

Nuggin if you do not have a license and go around diangosing people you are going to get into trouble. That is a fact, stop trying to PLAY doctor here.

Now Chiropractors do not diagnosis like you say. They order the same lab tests and imaging studies that any MD/DO orders. Stop lying again nuggin

They also perform the SAME physical examination as any MD/DO. Stop lying again nuggin

Chiropractors have the LEGAL and profession responsability to diagnosis any medical condition presenting clinically. FACT you are wrong again

You are presenting HEARSAY and OPINIONS again? Not good business nuggin very bad boy

NOW I do not see any point in debating a psuedoscientific science based radical like yourself. I know you know NOTHING about homeopathy so your OPINIONS and HEARSAY are worthless

Nuggin you are truely are well trained RADICAL PSUEDOSCIENTIFIC NUT JOB. Well trained in the nazi debating tactics.

Never forget that I AM THE EXPERT on this stuff esp your type

Now your next learning session will begin shortly

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#183 Jan 3, 2010
Natural wrote:
I AM THE EXPERT
You keep saying that but not demonstrating it. You don't even have a full command of the English language.

I asked a VERY simple question in my previous post and rather than answer it you ranted and raved calling me a liar.

So, I'll ask again (10th time I believe).

_Should chiropractors be allowed to advertise that they can cure conditions which they can not cure?_

This REALLY shouldn't be that hard to answer. I mean, after all you keep accusing everyone of lying.

Why is it you can't answer this EXTREMELY simple question?

I'll even help you: The answer is actually "NO".

No. No professional (chiro or otherwise) should be allowed to claim that they can do anything which they can not do. That would be FRAUD.

You are familiar with that word? You seem to use it an awful lot.

So, let's see what comes next. Are you going to go on another childish rant --or-- can you be man enough to admit that advertising that you can fix something you can't fix is FRAUD.

My money is on childish rant. Again.
FraudPolice

AOL

#185 Jan 3, 2010
Wisdom wrote:
"Midwest chiro", you are correct, "activator" is a quack technique. Unfortunately, "activator" is a bizarre chiropractic technique/treatment used by more than half of all chiropractors nationwide.(as seen in chiroeconomics).
The chiropractic diaper needs to be emptied. Its nice to see a chiropractor staring to do the emptying.
Hi Allen--errr, I mean Wisdom (same thing). How are YOU today?? I hope fine.
Listen, I was just wondering if you are still mad at Sid for ruining your life? I sure hope not. You see, thousands of chiropractors who graduated from Life are helping tons and tons of people get out of pain and improving their health, oh, and yes, those same chiropractors are wildly successful, making fortunes, while you're, well, let's just say, a loser. But, not your fault. I understand. The way you cope, Allen, is to bash chiropractic. And that's understandable. Hey big Al, if I failed like you did in practice then maybe I'd be mad too and blame everyone but myself.
Well,Allen, have a nice day and I let's say we both root for the Red Sox this year. They're still the team to beat. By Allen. Bye Bye.

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#186 Jan 3, 2010
FraudPolice wrote:
You see, thousands of chiropractors who graduated from Life are helping tons and tons of people get out of pain
But, are they curing deafness and diabetes?

You keep falling back to this idea that anyone is debating whether or not chiropractors give good backrubs.

WE ALL AGREE chiropractors give good backrubs. If your back hurts, by all means, go get a backrub.

However, the ISSUE here is with chiros which ALSO claim that they can fix other things (eg DEAFNESS) and provide no evidence to support this claim.

So, I'll ask AGAIN.

If a chiro claims they can fix deafness, should they have to ACTUALLY FIX DEAFNESS?
Wisdom

Bethpage, NY

#187 Jan 3, 2010
"fraudboy" calls me "allen".

Well, like a good chiropractic quack, you have again been exposed as a lying quack! I understand that making stuff up is common place in chiropractic. Only here, you are dealing with someone that knows all about the quack chiropractic enterprise.

You are a liar and a deceiver.

You are a chiropractor after all. One with a full diaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acupuncture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review my site Aug 25 pranaman 1
Good Acupuncturist/good treatment? (May '09) Aug 3 doctorlove2000 11
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Career (Oct '08) Aug 3 doctorlove2000 65
Are acupuncturists doctors? (Jul '09) Aug 3 doctorlove2000 38
First hand knowledge Aug 1 In love with Acup... 1
Clinical experience Jul '16 Hannah 1
Solid Wood Furniture For Sale Chester Jun '16 fish11tt 1
More from around the web