Kaufman: Treating osteoarthritis with acupuncture

Feb 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kelowna Capital News

The smooth surface of the cartilage becomes rough, causing irritation. Eventually, if the cartilage wears down completely, there may be no cushion left between the bones and the joint may be left with bone rubbing on bone, causing damage to the ends of the bones and the joints to become painful.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2013

Since: Feb 13

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Many Americans have a certain view of Western medicine - that Doctors are NOT equipped to cure their patients. Instead, they simply focus on temporary treatments. Because of this, it is a great time (as a society and as students) to explore alternative institutions of medicine such as Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture

I am thinking about becoming a student at Wongu University of OM and Acupuncture School ( http://wongu.org/site/acupuncture/ ) but the only thing that stops me is how Americans view the field. Basically, since older Asian immigrants are more than likely the primary patient base, after they are gone, will I be able to make a living practicing this amazing art and science?

Even to this day there is still a fantastical Disney-like magic associated with Oriental Medicine and acupuncture, but I have to say that I have seen (and experienced) it's effectiveness first hand. For it to help treat osteoarthritis is awesome, because the more publicity it gets, the more the Western and Eastern Medical fields can fuse (which will provide us average Joes with more medical options and I, with an opportunity to make a living treating patients in OM). Oriental Medicine may not be the end all be all "cure," but there are some benefits and because of this, it should be taken seriously.
Jhelou M

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Check with your doctor if acupuncture will do well with you. Safe medical practices and medical devices will ensure your recovery from pains and disorders. On a similar note, it is also important for the public to know that in August 2010, Johnson and Johnson has finally realized the ASR Hip Replacement Recall. The two specific models subject to the recall are the DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System total hip replacement and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System. See depuysettlements.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Acupuncture Discussions

Search the Acupuncture Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The promise and profits driving our pill-poppin... Wed brian sten 1
Reflexology Offers Some Pain Relief (Apr '13) Jul 22 DevinBaker33 6
Halton Community Rehabilitation Centre Jul 20 Dr Basim Elhabashy 2
Mild Depression Treatment Doesn't Always Mean M... Jul 20 Dr Basim Elhabashy 7
No, JAMA does not now recommend chiropractic ca... Jul 20 Chiropractor from Chicago 4
Depression gets pinned with acupuncture treatment (Sep '10) Jul 18 joy 5
Allergy sufferers seek alternatives Jul 17 Chiropractor from Chicago 12
•••
•••