Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcohol...

Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcoholism Are Basically The Same Thing

There are 429 comments on the Burnt Orange Report story from Jun 12, 2014, titled Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcoholism Are Basically The Same Thing. In it, Burnt Orange Report reports that:

Rick Perry was in San Francisco - yes, that San Francisco - this week addressing a crowd at The Commonwealth Club when he was asked a question about the reparative therapy plank of the new GOP platform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burnt Orange Report.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#153 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
"Gay" is a form of sexual perversion, and they aren't born that way.
As a sheriff, can you preside over same-sex marriages? If not, can you at least hire the caterer?

Location hidden

#154 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Having free will as given to us all by God has its costs. In this case the gays will suffer the most.
That explains it. You have a hot line to God. That's why I've been on hold so long.
Alienation

Beverly, MA

#155 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not jewish. All sin is the same to God, not man. Do we sentence people to death for jaywalking?
Um, how does one decide which sins are just sins for Jews and others are for uh, "Christians."

The abominations are listed in The Old Testament. How does one decide which of these apply to whom. It seems you chose some and decided others were not for you. Fine, everyone else also gets to choose. Sorry you do not care for their choices. It is a free country.

Funny how Christians seem to be ok with putting anything in their mouths and call it food, but let two consenting adults engage in intimacy in the privacy of their own homes, and that is somehow up for debate and discrimination.

Can't think of anything more intimate than eating the flesh of an animal. Think about it for a while and it really is rather skeezy! Think about that the next time you put cream in your coffee from the boob of another animal.

So if you can chow down on whatever you have decided is food for you, how about relaxing and not obsessing about the sexual activity of others. After all, you were probably not invited.

Go find your own and leave everyone else alone.
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#156 Jun 17, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>As a sheriff, can you preside over same-sex marriages? If not, can you at least hire the caterer?
You're a funny guy. You're looking for someone to preside over your wedding?
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#157 Jun 17, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That explains it. You have a hot line to God. That's why I've been on hold so long.
We all have a hot line to God. Its called prayer. You should try it sometime.

Location hidden

#158 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm saying you should really stop being a rump-ranger.
Does that message come from God, or from your own ignorant soul?

Here's a bit of enlightenment from here on earth, sheriff. One does not have to be gay to defend the civil rights of gay people. All it takes is a sense of fairness and a generous heart. I think even God might agree.
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#159 Jun 17, 2014
Alienation wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, how does one decide which sins are just sins for Jews and others are for uh, "Christians."
The abominations are listed in The Old Testament. How does one decide which of these apply to whom. It seems you chose some and decided others were not for you. Fine, everyone else also gets to choose. Sorry you do not care for their choices. It is a free country.
Funny how Christians seem to be ok with putting anything in their mouths and call it food, but let two consenting adults engage in intimacy in the privacy of their own homes, and that is somehow up for debate and discrimination.
Can't think of anything more intimate than eating the flesh of an animal. Think about it for a while and it really is rather skeezy! Think about that the next time you put cream in your coffee from the boob of another animal.
So if you can chow down on whatever you have decided is food for you, how about relaxing and not obsessing about the sexual activity of others. After all, you were probably not invited.
Go find your own and leave everyone else alone.
Do you eat bacon??

Location hidden

#160 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>No knucklehead, I was pointing out that God and man look at sin differently. I think you better get your own affairs in order. Do you even believe there is a God?
If there is a God, you are proof that He makes mistakes.

Location hidden

#161 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>You're a funny guy. You're looking for someone to preside over your wedding?
No, I'm just trying to neutralize your insufferable ignorance.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#162 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. All sin before God is the same. The difference concerning us is the unrepented sin.
Wrong, you lying filth. I said unrepentant coveters. Just like those who take the lawd's name in vain or fail to keep the sabbath or disrespect their parents are unrepentant.

Those are all Commandments.

You have a psychosexual problem involving male sexuality, your sexuality. Go act it out in some other way - no one's buying your cafeteria christianist act anymore.

But you better repent of your lying and your heresy or jeesus will be very, very angry with all. Also for your forsaking what scripture actually does mention more than anything else - loving your neighbor.

You trash.

Location hidden

#163 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>We all have a hot line to God. Its called prayer. You should try it sometime.
Well, I tried, but all I got was a busy signal and a tee-shirt with the words "next case".
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#164 Jun 17, 2014
Christsharians on the DL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you lying filth. I said unrepentant coveters. Just like those who take the lawd's name in vain or fail to keep the sabbath or disrespect their parents are unrepentant.
Those are all Commandments.
You have a psychosexual problem involving male sexuality, your sexuality. Go act it out in some other way - no one's buying your cafeteria christianist act anymore.
But you better repent of your lying and your heresy or jeesus will be very, very angry with all. Also for your forsaking what scripture actually does mention more than anything else - loving your neighbor.
You trash.
You're not a very nice guy, and You should work on your manners. Try to worry about your own soul also. You think you can do and say whatever you want but Christians must be perfect? Buzz off
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#165 Jun 17, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>If there is a God, you are proof that He makes mistakes.
And you can walk on water? Give it a try.
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#166 Jun 17, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Does that message come from God, or from your own ignorant soul?
Here's a bit of enlightenment from here on earth, sheriff. One does not have to be gay to defend the civil rights of gay people. All it takes is a sense of fairness and a generous heart. I think even God might agree.
Gay people have the same rights as everyone else. They don't have any claim to special rights. Sexual perversion is not a right.

Location hidden

#167 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>And you can walk on water? Give it a try.
First I'll wait for the water to freeze, and then I'll wear my non-skid boots, and we'll see.

Jesus used another approach. He had someone sneak off to check where the rocks were under the water, and He followed that trail. Made for great photo-ops though.

Location hidden

#168 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Gay people have the same rights as everyone else. They don't have any claim to special rights. Sexual perversion is not a right.
Neither is sticking your nose in other peoples' underwear.
fyi

Teague, TX

#169 Jun 17, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
If credentials were required for expressing an opinion, Topix would be without posters.
Yes, but please notice that the 'press' has yet to ask the tough question. "Do you base your statement on experience, religion of is it just to get conservative's support?"

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#170 Jun 17, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm saying you should really stop being a rump-ranger.
Follow your own funking advice: "Its also a sin to use filthy insults to others", asshat!
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#171 Jun 17, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow your own funking advice: "Its also a sin to use filthy insults to others", asshat!
The definition of rump ranger is "a homosexual male". You think homosexuality is filthy??
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#172 Jun 17, 2014
Religious hate is a horrible evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 5 hr Kaitlynn132 7,218
News Appalachian congressmen ask FDA to reclassify O... (May '07) 8 hr Former DEM 36
News Problems With Some Patients At Mid-State Pain C... (Aug '09) 11 hr vbrown 325
News Developing nations are taking the lead on healt... 12 hr Trumpsajoke 13
News Discussing making City Park a smoke freea - Sun I live here too 34
News Stop those naturopaths who spread anti-vaxxer m... Jun 24 Ali 1
News Wanted Nashville suspect surrenders Jun 24 baaarrrtt 2
Vagus Nerve Disorder Causes Symptoms Treatments (Feb '12) Jun 21 Jane 196
More from around the web