Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcohol...

Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcoholism Are Basically The Same Thing

There are 429 comments on the Burnt Orange Report story from Jun 12, 2014, titled Rick Perry Says Being Gay and Alcoholism Are Basically The Same Thing. In it, Burnt Orange Report reports that:

Rick Perry was in San Francisco - yes, that San Francisco - this week addressing a crowd at The Commonwealth Club when he was asked a question about the reparative therapy plank of the new GOP platform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burnt Orange Report.

Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud

Philadelphia, PA

#23 Jun 12, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
If credentials were required for expressing an opinion, Topix would be without posters.
Posting on topix is not tantamount to being the Governor of Texas, you nitwit bigot.

It is apparently tantamount to being the Governor of Alaska, however.

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Jun 12, 2014
I have been eagerly waiting for this story to arrive here because I wanted to be sure and say something about one of the posts in the thread:

I can’t. The third one, I can’t. Sorry. Oops.
Paco Pinto

San Antonio, TX

#25 Jun 12, 2014
Perry & Bachmann are planning to pair up in 2016 to stop the fellators & sodomites.

“-I'm still here-”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#26 Jun 12, 2014
Paco Pinto wrote:
Perry & Bachmann are planning to pair up in 2016 to stop the fellators & sodomites.
Hmmmmmm......Does that include Mr. Bachmann by chance ? Anyway,how long have you lived on fantasy anyway ? And have you met Mr. Roarke yet ? How about Tattoo ?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#27 Jun 12, 2014
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting on topix is not tantamount to being the Governor of Texas, you nitwit bigot.
It is apparently tantamount to being the Governor of Alaska, however.
How very stereotypical liberal of you.

You've made my point extremely well, thank you very much.

And all those that thought your reply was brilliant equally share in making my point. My thanks to them as well.

And explain to all how my post makes me a bigot.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#28 Jun 12, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
If credentials were required for expressing an opinion, Topix would be without posters.
Are you in a southern state ?

Since: May 14

New York, NY

#29 Jun 12, 2014
According to me Homosexuality and Alcoholism both are the worst thing for humanity. we should stop breaking the natural rules made by Almighty God.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#30 Jun 12, 2014
IsaacTyler wrote:
According to me Homosexuality and Alcoholism both are the worst thing for humanity. we should stop breaking the natural rules made by Almighty God.
According to me a Democrat and a Catholic both are the worst thing for humanity. we should stop breaking the natural rules made by Almighty God.(Jesus was a Lutheran, remember).

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Jun 12, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
How very stereotypical liberal of you....And explain to all how my post makes me a bigot.
1. To explain to the backwards among us: You made some remark about having opinions and posting on topix. I explained in simple language that your dismissible idea about posting on topix doesn't apply to someone like Perry, the Governor of a major, red turning purple state.

The example of Palin suggests that being Governor of Alaska is considerably less taxing than being Governor of Texas, partly because Alaska has such a small population. And because she's such a ditz compared to most Governors.

2. Unlike you I keep track of what people post. You're a racist and a homophobe and an anti Semite, although you like to pretend you are only arguing about issues.

When I call you a racist, etc., I am referencing many of your posts. It doesn't matter if anything about your present post here was racist or not. That's not what determines you're a racist.

What determines you're a racist is posts like the following of yours:

"You sound just like another run of the mill thieving illegal."
topix DOT net/forum/us/republican/TH67N2 IK76A6UHF13/post9

That post obviously characterizes all "illegals" [sic] as thieving. Racist. And that's just one example of your various bigotries and one example of your obvious to everyone but you racism.

Philadelphia, PA

#32 Jun 12, 2014
IsaacTyler wrote:
According to the buybull you should have your mullah panties in a bunch more over those who covet unrepentantly - as the _Commandments_ direct.

But that's not the case. You by comparison ignore that _Commandment_ and others in favor of your homosexual fixation. This is how we know you are merely rationalizing a psychosexual issue of yours, not following gawd or anything like that. You reprobate rube.

Oh, and homophobia is the mental illness, not variations in sexual orientation.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#33 Jun 12, 2014
Rick Perry is a FORMER politician. He's not in office anymore. Who cares what he says about anything ?! He's as relevant as Jimmy ( WHO ?!) Carter is.

Philadelphia, PA

#34 Jun 12, 2014
Jimmy Carter isn't on deck to run again for President. You vacuous filth.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#35 Jun 12, 2014
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud wrote:
Jimmy Carter isn't on deck to run again for President. You vacuous filth.
Perry doesn't have a prayer. How many people do you think are actually going to vote for him ?!

And why don't you register ?!

“-I'm still here-”

Location hidden

#36 Jun 13, 2014
IsaacTyler wrote:
I mean wow,just wow ! Thanks for letting us all know that we in fact live in a Christian theocracy ? Who knew,thanks again for filling us in on that fact ? Sorry Christian boy but we in fact live in a republic where our Constitution is the law of the land and not the bible ! Constitution trumps bible in this great country so kindly take your bible and..........lets just say keep it to yourself,your rights end where mine begin !

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#37 Jun 13, 2014
-EXTANT- wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean wow,just wow ! Thanks for letting us all know that we in fact live in a Christian theocracy ? Who knew,thanks again for filling us in on that fact ? Sorry Christian boy but we in fact live in a republic where our Constitution is the law of the land and not the bible ! Constitution trumps bible in this great country so kindly take your bible and..........lets just say keep it to yourself,your rights end where mine begin !
Why do you assume he's a Christian ? According to his post, it is just as likely he is Jewish or Muslim.

And not all Christians, nor all Christian denominations, are anti-gay.

“-I'm still here-”

Location hidden

#38 Jun 13, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you assume he's a Christian ? According to his post, it is just as likely he is Jewish or Muslim.
And not all Christians, nor all Christian denominations, are anti-gay.

That's just it,I could care less what religion he is but I'm betting he's a Christian but who cares,the bottom line is any organized religion has no business when it comes to a Constitutional question dealing with the rights of all Americans ! Now I'm not saying all Christians are bigots but it seems the majority of Christians on TOPIX are bigoted against gays and completely judgmental A-holes and this guy is one of them ! And again it doesn't matter what religion he is,besides I thought Christians were supposed to judge not lest ye be judged ?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#39 Jun 13, 2014
Paco Pinto wrote:
If you are talking about anal or oral sex, that would mean he is stopping his entire constituency.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#41 Jun 13, 2014
Howie wrote:
Rick Perry is 1005 correct. homosexuality is a disease just like alcoholism.
I see your "pray away the gay" conversion therapy isn't working out too well for you is it. How many hours a day does your therapy require you to harass homosexuals with insults and lies?

Location hidden

#42 Jun 13, 2014
Howie wrote:
Rick Perry is 100% correct. Homosexuality is a disease just like alcoholism.
You were just as wrong and just as stupid as you were when you first said that with the typo. Most of the people here are not as stupid as you are and knew it was a typo. You are a 100%[1005] moron.

Location hidden

#43 Jun 13, 2014
Dubya wrote:
Republicans just dig that hole a bit deeper every time they open their mouths. They can't mount a decent defense for their decisions, so they just make up stuff as they go. Maybe all republicans are stupid enough to believe their BS, but they rest of us aren't. Stupid is as stupid does.
This is from Reason.com about the Republicans:

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s primary loss isn’t just historic, it illustrates why the Republican Party is in big trouble if it doesn’t get serious about its legislative agenda.

Here are three reasons Eric Cantor lost—and why Republicans will continue to lose unless they change their wicked wicked ways.

1. The Party of Big Government

Despite rhetoric in favor of small and limited government, George W. Bush and the Republicans increased spending by more than 50 percent in inflation-adjusted terms and spending on regulations by even more than that. Cantor, who took office in 2001, voted for No Child Left Behind, Medicare expansion, the creation of the Transportation Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security, Troubled Assets Relief Program, and the auto bailouts. None of that reflects fiscal responsibility.

2. The Party of Intolerance

With a few exceptions, the Republican party is opposed to marriage equality and pot legalization, both of which are supported by large and growing majorities. Despite attempts to paint him as soft on immigration, Cantor wanted a militarized border with Mexico and had a 100 percent rating from a leading anti-immigration group. Sixty-four percent of Republicans—and even higher percentages of independents—support immigration reform.

3. The Party of the Status Quo

As Majority Leader, Cantor pushed a GOP budget plan that would grow annual spending from $3.7 trillion to $5 trillion over the next decade. He supported increasing military spending and a hawkish foreign policy. He pushed crony-capitalist institutions like the Export-Import Bank, which subsidizes purchases of U.S. goods and services.

Cantor stood for a status quo that Americans find increasingly intolerable. He lost because he personified all that is bad and hypocritical about the Republican Party. And until the GOP demonstrates it is serious about limiting the size, scope, and spending of government, they will keep losing elections.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ontario children and youth with ADHD often pres... 4 hr HumanSpirit 1
News Who Looks After the President's Mental Health? 8 hr HumanSpirit 4
News Patients are evaluated for assisted suicide the... 8 hr HumanSpirit 1
News Investment in psychiatry research may benefit o... 8 hr HumanSpirit 1
News New avenue for anti-depressant therapy discovered 8 hr HumanSpirit 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 9 hr Marisol1994 7,086
News When There's No Therapist, How Can The Depresse... 16 hr HumanSpirit 27
More from around the web