New Albany family welcomes quadruplets

New Albany family welcomes quadruplets

There are 50 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Dec 27, 2013, titled New Albany family welcomes quadruplets. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

Just before Christmas, a New Albany family of four became a family of eight. Veronica Hernandez gave birth Monday to quadruplets: two boys and two girls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#1 Dec 27, 2013
WOW! YEA! ILLEGAL ALIEN CHILDREN!

I wonder how long before they go on welfare & start soaking up that free money?
Anonymous

United States

#2 Jan 7, 2014
Until you have had a baby in the NICU that's fighting for their life don't make comments about others and just incase you didn't know any baby in MISSISSIPPI born under the weight of 2lbs. 3 ounces automatically qualifies for Medicaid for the first year of their life because they are considered disabled and have tons of serious medical needs. An average month and a half NICU stay for a baby that doesn't have any surgeries, brain bleeds, etc. is 1.5 million dollars so you tell me what average person can pay that much less times 4 babies!!. I agree that people shouldn't abuse the government but we don't ask for our babies to be born so early and so tiny with special needs.
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#3 Jan 9, 2014
I haven't been to the doctor since 06. That's one & half million not going to give me or you health care. The Mexican or whatever govt this brat's parents are from should pick up the tab. Let foreign govts care for their own people instead of dumping the tab onto us....
Stormy

Holly Springs, MS

#4 Jan 12, 2014
Veronica is Caucasion, if that matters at all. She has a really good job that she has had for years. Her husband is a good guy and would give his shirt off his back, also with a good job. Supper GREAT people ! God blessed me with letting me know this family for over 10 years, while I was going through NICU with my children, Veronica would always make sure I knew she was praying for them. I will pray for anyone and their negative comments that do not know this family. Good Christain family that loves their childrenand are going through this nightmare. One of their children is not doing well at this moment. White, Mexican, Black, Orange it doesnt matter - these are babies. I pray that you will NEVER know the horror of having your child in NICU or facing the things that they are facing now. Please pray for these children and their families ! Please do not respond to negative comments - Please pray for the people saying these comments that they never go through this.
Rhonda

Byram, MS

#5 Jan 12, 2014
I am praying for this family. No matter what color they may be, these babies need prayer. Gulf, I will be praying for you to. Sure hope that you don't ever have to witness your child in the NICU!
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#6 Jan 12, 2014
Rhonda wrote:
I am praying for this family. No matter what color they may be, these babies need prayer. Gulf, I will be praying for you to. Sure hope that you don't ever have to witness your child in the NICU!
That's the dirty little secret. I don't have children & don't want any, either.

As for these "babies" -- its not a matter of the color or race -- I don't care if a black Mississippian gets this care but when the person is named "Hernandez" -- my family's been in this state since the 1700s -- that is not a name native to here. These people are illegal aliens & they need to be deported back to Mexico & let their own govt pick up the huge tab to give their brats health care.
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#7 Jan 12, 2014
Stormy wrote:
Veronica is Caucasion, if that matters at all. She has a really good job that she has had for years. Her husband is a good guy and would give his shirt off his back, also with a good job. Supper GREAT people ! God blessed me with letting me know this family for over 10 years, while I was going through NICU with my children, Veronica would always make sure I knew she was praying for them. I will pray for anyone and their negative comments that do not know this family. Good Christain family that loves their childrenand are going through this nightmare. One of their children is not doing well at this moment. White, Mexican, Black, Orange it doesnt matter - these are babies. I pray that you will NEVER know the horror of having your child in NICU or facing the things that they are facing now. Please pray for these children and their families ! Please do not respond to negative comments - Please pray for the people saying these comments that they never go through this.
Please don't insult our intelligence. "Hernandez" is not a Mississippi or "white" name.

Race isn't the issue. If black of half black/half white Mississippians needed the care then let them get it, that's fine, I'm cool with that but lets get real -- if these people are here then they're stealing jobs from people like you & me. Deport their ass & let their own govt take care of them.

And if they're latino American then perhaps they should move back to Florida or Texas or California or where ever their other family is from -- and let their local govts in those states pick up the tab instead of letting the people like me who are working people who work with our hands who can't otherwise get a high paying job because of these scabs -- I don't care if they're white or what not.

"Hernandez" is not a white or black name. Its a latin name from either a foreign country or another state -- either way I'd expect them to feel the same way if I showed up in Dallas or Los Angeles to steal a job from one of them....assuming they are citizens...
Isthmus

Booneville, MS

#8 Jan 12, 2014
I suppose your name is Native to Mississippi? You are a native american? Why don't you "Go back" to Ireland or Germany or wherever your family came from. Because New Albany is known as the "Fair and Friendly city" You are being neither right now. You are being a childish moron spewing foul hatred over the potential loss of life. Have you no heart?
There is enough suffering in this world there is no need for you and your ilk to propagate more. Furthermore the name Hernandez is Spanish in origin not Mexican or any of the other places you have named. It is from Spain.
You are not acting like good citizen. You are simply acting ignorant. You aren't even from New Albany, why do you even care.?
Stormy

Holly Springs, MS

#9 Jan 12, 2014
Hernadez is her husband Pablo, who is hispanic, it is his last name. Veronica is Caucasion like I said. She took his last name. I am praying for you and hope you never go through this. This couple are perfectly legal. Everyone please pray for his heart to change. If race isnt the issue, they are legal, have had good jobs for years, have their own insurance from their jobs... why are you concerned at all? Why make these comments? I will not comment back anymore. I know this couple and I am PROUD to call them my friends. I will just pray for you !
Angie

Oxford, MS

#10 Jan 13, 2014
Stormy,

Do not get into a debate with the unintelligent! We will pray. Any friend of Stormy's is a friend of mine.
amanda

King George, VA

#11 Jan 13, 2014
Yall those babies are my nieces and nephews, and i will be damned if i left a bunch of racist mfs talk bad bout them!! Most of u dont kno this wonderful family and what my in laws go through everyday!! It truly breaks my heart to see them everyday in the hospital with tubes in them and all yall care about is what race they are THEY ARE BABIES YALL NEED TO GROW UP!!
yolanda garcia

United States

#12 Jan 13, 2014
amanda wrote:
Yall those babies are my nieces and nephews, and i will be damned if i left a bunch of racist mfs talk bad bout them!! Most of u dont kno this wonderful family and what my in laws go through everyday!! It truly breaks my heart to see them everyday in the hospital with tubes in them and all yall care about is what race they are THEY ARE BABIES YALL NEED TO GROW UP!!
Girl tell them how it is
elizabeth

United States

#13 Jan 13, 2014
amanda wrote:
you tell em honey if race wasnt a issue his tail wouldnt have commented THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THOSE BABIES HAVE A CHANCE AT LIFE PLEASE TAKE UR NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ELSE WHERE
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#15 Jan 14, 2014
Isthmus wrote:
I suppose your name is Native to Mississippi? You are a native american? Why don't you "Go back" to Ireland or Germany or wherever your family came from. Because New Albany is known as the "Fair and Friendly city" You are being neither right now. You are being a childish moron spewing foul hatred over the potential loss of life. Have you no heart?
There is enough suffering in this world there is no need for you and your ilk to propagate more. Furthermore the name Hernandez is Spanish in origin not Mexican or any of the other places you have named. It is from Spain.
You are not acting like good citizen. You are simply acting ignorant. You aren't even from New Albany, why do you even care.?
And you think there aren't other people who want/need transplants/emergency surgeries who can't get them? There are people right now who can't get the surgeries they need to survive.

As for why I care? The coast provides 40% of the state general budget. Who the hell do you think picked up the tab for this operation? The state of Mississippi(me), the federal taxpayer, & whatever sucker shareholders/owners who own the hospital....

"Acting ignorant?" Really? Or perhaps you are. Google 'organ donor list' or 'surgery waiting list'-- lots & lots of desperate people who need $$ to go to school(like me) or who need job training or much cheaper surgery.

I'm in chronic pain because I need dental surgery on my wisdom teeth. Wheres the money to cover that? That's only 5 grand. Why not give me 5 grand for that instead more money than most of us will see in a lifetime.

Deport these people & let the Mexican govt pick up the tab for its citizens. Or if the Catholic Church wants these ppl here so bad let them pick up the tab. Hell latinos are even stealing food service jobs down here. Come to Pascagoula. More Puerto Ricans & Mexicans than you could care to see.
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#16 Jan 14, 2014
Stormy wrote:
Hernadez is her husband Pablo, who is hispanic, it is his last name. Veronica is Caucasion like I said. She took his last name. I am praying for you and hope you never go through this. This couple are perfectly legal. Everyone please pray for his heart to change. If race isnt the issue, they are legal, have had good jobs for years, have their own insurance from their jobs... why are you concerned at all? Why make these comments? I will not comment back anymore. I know this couple and I am PROUD to call them my friends. I will just pray for you !
If her husband is hispanic let him take his brat to his home state if he's a citizen.

Let the other state pick up the tab. Who do you think picked up the tab for this surgery? The taxpayers....Medicaid you ditz......

I pay taxes & I can't even get an operation on my teeth. I haven't been to the doctor since 2006. Cry me a river. Let this lazy Mexican take his kid to California or Texas & let those people pay for his brat....
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#17 Jan 14, 2014
amanda wrote:
You paying for them? You picking up the tab?

You're like the rest of these idiots who have kids they can't care for & then go on welfare.

Grow up what? I haven't been to the doctor in almost a decade. Haven't been to the dentist in 15 yrs. Have no $$. It ain't free. These 'babies' just go more medical care in money terms than I've seen in my life. Where's my money?

If Mexican men wanna philander with our women then they need to pick up the tab.

Let him go to Texas or California or w/ever state he's from & let those taxpayers pick up the tab...
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#18 Jan 14, 2014
elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text> you tell em honey if race wasnt a issue his tail wouldnt have commented THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THOSE BABIES HAVE A CHANCE AT LIFE PLEASE TAKE UR NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ELSE WHERE
THAT'S ALMOST 2 MILLION DOLLARS.

You think that's free? I haven't been to the dentist in a decade & a half. To the doctor in 7 yrs. WHERE'S MY MEDICAL CARE?

You people act like this sh*t is free. The state Medicaid division(aka coast taxpayers) are picking up this tab along with other richer states. You people want free sh*t.

Latinos have only come to this state in the last 15 yrs. They're newcomers. Let them go back to their home states or their home countries & let them pick up the tab.

You people aren't American. You don't like whites, you just like taking our women & taking our money, jobs & free govt benefits that we designed for blacks & poor whites. Go the fuck back home to Mexico or Cuba where you came from.
Gulf

Show Low, AZ

#19 Jan 14, 2014
http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-ne...

I rest my case -- govt is the largest employer in this state.

And when you consider how many people work for either Medicaid/care(most health care workers/nurses/doctors/etc), & then people who work as contractors for the military which is big down here -- I think its probably much bigger -- the federal taxpayers & the coast & the Memphis suburbs are paying for this surgery.

There are those of us who have gone DECADES without getting proper medical care. And believe you me I've tried to get insurance & Medicaid, I don't qualify.

Deport these people, let the citizen mother stay & dock her paycheck for life to pay for it.....
amanda

King George, VA

#20 Jan 14, 2014
Gulf wrote:
<quoted text>
You paying for them? You picking up the tab?
You're like the rest of these idiots who have kids they can't care for & then go on welfare.
Grow up what? I haven't been to the doctor in almost a decade. Haven't been to the dentist in 15 yrs. Have no $$. It ain't free. These 'babies' just go more medical care in money terms than I've seen in my life. Where's my money?
If Mexican men wanna philander with our women then they need to pick up the tab.
Let him go to Texas or California or w/ever state he's from & let those taxpayers pick up the tab...
well hun do like all of us mexicans do WORK FOR IT my bro in law works for little money and still gets his bills paid on time wat the hell is wrong with u i dont care how long u been a doctor or not or if u r gettin money the point is U DONT KNO IF WE R ILLEGAL OR NOT I WAS BORN HE AND SO WAS MY FAMILY BEFORE U JUDGD THEM U BETTER GET STRAIGHT!! Racist mf!! I saw them today it hard to see them like dis they fight for their and God blessed them get over and quiet complaining about everything, and get a life and stop saying crap about of my family really it makes u look pathetic
daniel

Pontotoc, MS

#21 Jan 14, 2014
This family don't care u fk life .. if u a fk racist
go with the fk kk .probably they give u a job bro..
if u need money i have a lot in my hands? Do u need some?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shocking discovery: Scientists find a gay genea 2 hr RalphB 3
News New smoking study supports a stronger ban 6 hr Marlboro Man 6
News Here's Why Your Poop Can Be So Freaking Weird o... 12 hr Emerald 2
News Vaccination and autism 20 hr UNAVOIDABLY UNSAFE 1
News Autism, mercury, aluminum and vaccine-induced e... 20 hr UNAVOIDABLY UNSAFE 1
News Q: Are Vaccines Safe? 20 hr UNAVOIDABLY UNSAFE 2
News What to Do if You Get Scabies 22 hr imadying 6
More from around the web