Ohio approves state smoking ban

Ohio approves state smoking ban

There are 76031 comments on the UPI story from Nov 8, 2006, titled Ohio approves state smoking ban. In it, UPI reports that:

Ohio voters have approved a ban on smoking in virtually all public buildings. Voters approved the sweeping ban while rejecting a competing measure that would have exempted bars and restaurants, the Cleveland ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UPI.

bee 6335

Dayton, OH

#81987 Sep 5, 2014
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody finds his posts annoying except you and your friend. Everybody else finds you two annoying.
5 or 6 people have already told you that spelling and grammar do not matter. 2 or 3 have already asked you two to STFU about it. Have you ever heard the term "majority rules"?
Look at the judgement icons. Every single post of his is rated positively. As are most people's. Yours and the other troublemaker are rated negatively. The rest are rated positively. Did you not notice that? How can you be so dense?
What makes you think he's not in the top 1% of intelligence. I don't know either way but I would bet he is. And I would bet the majority on this forum agree. What's it to you anyway? Shut up about that shit, will you?
Nothing is wrong with writing long posts either. Where do you come up with this stuff? A post on this site can be up to 4,000 characters.
I personally like long posts when they are from somebody like him. From people like you, I kind of wish you would get booted off the site. People like you are useless. All you do is stir up shit behind a computer screen. Little badaass wouldn't try that in real life because somebody would put you in your place. And you wouldn't do it on any site except topix because they would get rid of you if you tried.
Nobody gives a damn about you or your personal opinions. If you don't believe me, go back and look at the judgement icons on each of the posts. And get your facts strait before you run your mouth.
And one more thing: Can't you take a hint? I don't think he replies to trash like you. Why do you keep replying to him? Or any of us? Nobody cares about you. Fk off please!
Gee Grumpy , what causes you to be outta your rabbit azz mind ?
I could care less about judgmental icons, I am not here for a popularity contest.
Before you start popping off at the mouth take a course in comprehension, it is obvious that you got lost in that fury brain of yours , no one said there was any thing wrong with writing long post , people do it all the time, here where characters can reach up to 4000 ,'but' when using
internet etiquette, other wise known as "netiquette " your messages are to be short and sweet , not long drawn out and "Netiquette " was the conversation piece,, I am sure you thought you had to jump in head first to save your sinking friend but instead you drown yourself. which is typical of the "majority " of the posters on Smoking Forums,...
If you believe that N8the Grrr8 is 1% intelligent who am I to argue with you, hell I might be inclined to agree with you on that aspect, but as for him saying he is 999.99% smarter than anyone else in the world, I doubt that.......but with you and all this foolishness, carry on.
I am not stirring up any thing, unlike you that is pressed for conversation and is gullible to boot, I look things up to see what's what , and yes typo's are important when using internet etiquette, Watch your mouth , the old saying goes, "it takes trash to known trash " you really should not have put yourself out there as a piece of trash.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

#81988 Sep 5, 2014
If the truth be know , a certain person has about a half dozen computers before him all with different names typing his azz off as fast as he can and pushing icons ......what a life....sure wouldn't surprise me on these smoking forums, where any thing goes. Nuts of all degrees.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

#81989 Sep 5, 2014
The best way to get ride of me, is to not say any thing about me , to me , for me , or think your azz don't stink, , or think you are better than someone else, smarter than someone else, or talk nasty about others, if you do these thing and I am around I will be up your azz because I look out for the under dog....now keep yourself together and on topic and you won't have a problem with me.........But who am I kidding , you clowns don't have what it takes to be a good person. So I'll be seeing ya.
Freedom lover

Las Vegas, NV

#81990 Sep 5, 2014
Remember not to feed the troll. ^^^^ I know some of you are tempted to respond to that. But if you do they will never go away. Just keep that in mind. Laugh or sigh but do it silently. And you don't have to prove anything to that person. Everybody already knows. So don't feed the troll.
Cool

Hudson, WI

#81992 Sep 5, 2014
Freedom lover wrote:
Remember not to feed the troll.^^^^ I know some of you are tempted to respond to that. But if you do they will never go away. Just keep that in mind. Laugh or sigh but do it silently. And you don't have to prove anything to that person. Everybody already knows. So don't feed the troll.
I wasn't going to. Our bee-itchy little friend can have the last word if it makes him/her happy. I could care less. That's one sick puppy! I would like to know if it's serious or just a troll? Accusing everybody else of the things it does instead. So stupid. But I don't really care. I have nothing to say to that person.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

#81993 Sep 5, 2014
Cool wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't going to. Our bee-itchy little friend can have the last word if it makes him/her happy. I could care less. That's one sick puppy! I would like to know if it's serious or just a troll? Accusing everybody else of the things it does instead. So stupid. But I don't really care. I have nothing to say to that person.
I am an old woman probably old enough to be your granny. Which brings to mind the terrible disrespect I have seen from you youngens . should be ashamed of yourselves. but don't have the sense.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#81994 Sep 5, 2014
Cool wrote:
But I don't really care. I have nothing to say to that person.
If that's the case, you sure typed a lot of "nothing" directed towards that person...
Pete

Hollywood, FL

#81995 Sep 5, 2014
I'm just testing here.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#81996 Sep 5, 2014
It intrigues me how one simple sentence can derail an intended topic, and send it off on a crazy tangent for days on end.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

#81997 Sep 6, 2014
It does seem that Kangaroo Court might be over.

“Opposing Evil, Helping Good”

Since: Feb 14

EVERYWHERE!!!

#81998 Sep 6, 2014
Well I am going to brake the silence by offering a apology. Actually 2 apologies.

I did some reading yesterday and last night. I also googled some users. Some of you I know (either from this site, other sites, or a real-world setting).

I was mostly interested in someone in particular, whom someone asked if they were a troll. She said she wasn't, and what I found indicated that she wasn't.

So I started thinking, "Ok, then did I really do something wrong?" I read back this thread, and it turns out I did do something I consider wrong. I'm talking about Post #81872 of this thread.

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/smoking/THN...

If you re-read that post (which I did), I cannot believe how cold and demanding it looks. I did not mean for it to come across that way. I meant for it to be more like the one on the NSU thread (that I linked to at the end of that post):

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/smoking/TO5...

I don't know exactly why it happened. It's not how I usually post (as anyone who has read my other posts should know). But for some reason I did post that way that time, and for that I do apologize. That is not the way one should post on the Internet.

It's ok to be forceful about a topic, but (in most cases) not to direct it at a user (except in certain cases; I'll elaborate if asked). So that was a clear Netiquette violation on my part.

I think the reason it happened was because first of all, I was writing a bunch of posts in a row, and so I kinda got careless (even though that one was the first, so I don't know if that applies), also, maybe I thought because I was posting a link to the other one? Of course only about 50% or so, of the people will view the link. I dunno, I'm still thinking about why it happened.

Which the "why" is important! So that I can learn from it, and try to not let it happen again. That's why you do when you make a mistake. Apologize, then try not to let it happen in the future.

That apology was to Sneaky Pete of course. My second apology is to bee 6335, about the spider-web thing. That was uncalledfor. I shouldn't have done that. My "reason" was because I was kind of tired of all the, you know, "Kangaroo Court" as you called it. I mean I'm not trying to justify anything, I'm just saying "why" I did what I did.

I don't wanna make a big deal about anything anyone else may have done wrong. This is about what I did wrong. Anything any of you did wrong, you are forgiven, and I ask the same.

So yes, again I apologize for what happened. My part in it anyway (And anything anyone did to me, you are forgiven.)

One last thing though: Did nobody else notice that? If I do something wrong like that, please point it out.

I'm not trying to shift blame or anything. It was clearly my fault. I'm just saying if you (anyone) notice anything wrong like that, please do point it out. If I did something wrong (to you or otherwise), I would rather know it then not know it. But again, it was 100% my fault, and I own that, and I'm not trying to say otherwise.

And one more last thing: About my now-famous comment in Post #81892. Which btw, I really meant that in a self-demeaning way, believe it or not. I was saying that if you believe spelling and grammar are important (which I don't but if you do), then their would be no excuse for me getting it wrong.

The statement itsself is true (I thought most people knew it). If anyone is interested, ask, and I'll talk about it, but only if anyone is interested.

If I had it to do over again I would have just left that part out.

Anyway, I'm out of room. Sorry again to anyone, including anyone or anything I left out. If I have wronged you in any way, I apologize.
Freedom lover

Las Vegas, NV

#81999 Sep 6, 2014
N8 the Grrr8 wrote:
One last thing though: Did nobody else notice that? If I do something wrong like that, please point it out.
I'm not trying to shift blame or anything. It was clearly my fault. I'm just saying if you (anyone) notice anything wrong like that, please do point it out. If I did something wrong (to you or otherwise), I would rather know it then not know it. But again, it was 100% my fault, and I own that, and I'm not trying to say otherwise.
I didn't notice it before. I may have read too fast. But I did just now. Yes that did look kind of pushy. "Yes sir, Captain!" But we all make mistakes.
Call me god

Philadelphia, PA

#82000 Sep 6, 2014
N8 the Grrr8 wrote:
Well I am going to brake the silence by offering a apology. Actually 2 apologies.
I just have one question: That was sweet but why bother apologizing to assholes like them? Conservatives and homophobes. Who cares what they think. Doing them wrong is something to be proud of. And they don't matter anyway. I would have said screw them.

I'm just asking. I'm not trying to start anything. Not with you anyway.
Freedom lover

Las Vegas, NV

#82001 Sep 6, 2014
Call me god wrote:
<quoted text>
I just have one question: That was sweet but why bother apologizing to assholes like them? Conservatives and homophobes. Who cares what they think. Doing them wrong is something to be proud of. And they don't matter anyway. I would have said screw them.
That wasn't very nice, my friend. Not all conservatives are bad people. I consider myself to be one. I support same sex marriage but I want each state to do it. That will make it better for everybody including gays. I think people should have healthcare but there is a right was and a wrong way to do it. And I don't think Obama has all the answers. But that doesn't make me a bad person.

He apologized because it was the right thing to do. Even if you don't agree with a person you still have to be decent and coexist with them. When you do somebody wrong you should apologize. That is the right thing to do.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#82002 Sep 6, 2014
Call me god wrote:
why bother apologizing to assholes like them? Conservatives and homophobes. Who cares what they think.
Because I love my country and believe in traditional marriage, I'm an azzhole?

Typical liberal rhetoric. You demand everybody accept your lifestyles and beliefs while remaining completely intolerant of everybody else.

You libs are pathetic and predictable if nothing else.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#82004 Sep 6, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I love my country and believe in traditional marriage, I'm an azzhole?
Typical liberal rhetoric. You demand everybody accept your lifestyles and beliefs while remaining completely intolerant of everybody else.
You libs are pathetic and predictable if nothing else.
You ar right. I wirk with horses. Som peopl want to marry horses. I see that in Internet. I try to find new way to help horse. Very surprise with video. You see video with two men want to get marry in Internet, to? Lots of those video out there. To many you ask me. Last night I watch for too hours and not see anything help me with my wirk..

EVERYWHERE!!!

#82005 Sep 7, 2014
Call me god wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no! I don't operate that way! That's not how I do.

You can operate that way if you want. I don't agree with it, but it's not my decision to make. But it does reflect badly on you, if you do that. I'm just pointing that out. Again, you can do what you want.

But speaking just for myself, when I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong. If I discover I did something wrong to somebody, I apologize for it and try not to do it again. That's how I do. And yes I do think that makes me a better person.

Of course that's when I realize it. Either when someone points it out (then I re-read it and find it), or when I discover it for myself, as I did in that case.

The other day, I found this thread had like 2 more pages since I had viewed it last (I don't use this site very often.) I had to read all the posts and then try to figure out what all was going on. But I did, and all that (reefer too my other post, about that), and that was how that happened.

About the political beliefs stuff, ok, be that as it may... However, first of all, a Conservative is not the same as a Ultra-Conservative. You kinda lumped them all together with the "Conservatives and Homophobes" thing. I'm just saying. I know someone else pointed that out also.

Also, I'm not really worried about the Anti-Gay stuff, because, to put it bluntly, we're winning!!! I mean SSM is legal in what, half the states? And moving rapidly! This time next year, we'll probably have all 50 of them! So I'm not as concerned about that issue, as long as that trend continues (if it ever changes, that's a different conversation!!!)

Even in the Bible Belt where I'm at, most people now support SSM. So I'm just not worried about that issue. We've pretty much won.

I'm more worried about things that aren't. Or ones that have kinda been trying too make a comeback lately, including Anti-Tobacco.

And btw, I also know people who have those kinds of beliefs (Anti-Gay). In fact my mother is one of the biggest homophobes you ever met! But she's not vocal about it. She doesn't protest. She doesn't even post on Internet Forums (never has, afaik). She just doesn't like it, or disapproves, on Theological grounds.

I don't agree with that. I don't think it's right. And yes, I believe that those types of beliefs can sometimes be indicative of other problems (although I won't go into a big thing about it because it is beyond the scope of what I am trying too say.) But we do sometimes talk about those things, and we always discuss them like rational adults.

Anyway, I see what you were saying, but I disagree. I re-read it, and I think I did the right thing. Of course that's ok if we disagree about that. It wasn't you who did it, it was me. And I did it for myself. And just because it was the right thing to do. It was completely my decision. And I believe it was the right thing to do, however we can disagree on that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#82006 Sep 9, 2014
Thank you for proving how useless the stupid "judge it" symbols truly are.
The Avenger

Lansing, MI

#82007 Sep 9, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Thank you for proving how useless the stupid "judge it" symbols truly are.
Who are you talking to? I'm the one who fixed post #82005 after you vandalized it. And I'll do it again if you vandalize it again. Or if you vandalize this one. Or any other post on the Ohio board. Or any board I post on. You closet-case homophobe. If you don't like it, tough sh*t. If you don't like it you can take one of your guns and shoot yourself in the head with it. Then it won't bother you anymore. But that's the only power you have.

EVERYWHERE!!!

#82009 Sep 10, 2014
The Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you talking to? I'm the one who fixed post #82005 after you vandalized it. And I'll do it again if you vandalize it again. Or if you vandalize this one. Or any other post on the Ohio board. Or any board I post on. You closet-case homophobe. If you don't like it, tough sh*t. If you don't like it you can take one of your guns and shoot yourself in the head with it. Then it won't bother you anymore. But that's the only power you have.
That was a little harsh. But it ain't no thing. I'm sure you were joking I presume.

Thank you for fixing the vandalized post (although I didn't realize it got vandalized).

But uh, just a moment ago, someone was going and putting loads of positive icons on all my posts. On every thread on the site (most I found anyway; I noticed it as they were doing it) And negative icons on anyone's post who disagreed with me. I don't know who it is, and it appears to have stopped (and be back to normal now).

I suppose Topix banned them (and erased the ones they did). Yeah you can't send that many server-requests like that. It slows down the server and the site will ban ur IP. I've got like 300-something posts on this site, and they were putting dozens on each one. What did they do anyway? Use a search engine?

Anyway, whoever it is that was doing that, that's really sweet. It's probably the sweetest thing anyone has done for me this weak. But please don't do that. It's kinda creepy, you know. I know you (whomever did it) meant well, but please don't do it like that, please.

I'm not saying it was you, The Avenger, and even if it was, I'm not upset. Whoever did it was trying to be sweet. It may be someone who saw my post on the Los Angeles thread just now (I haven't posted on that forum in over a year), about the deceased celebrity. They may have liked my post and decided to do that, for me. Or it might be this thread. I dunno, I'm just thinking of the timing and stuff...

And I'm not upset or anything. It's cool. But yeah, whomever did that, please don't. It's ok to fix a post that gets vandalized, but when someone does that other, you know, it's like their stalking me or something, you know. Again, to whomever did that, thanks but no thanks. Although you can look over my posts, and rate the ones you choose. And again, no hard feelings. I know you (whomever did it) meant well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump Is Mentally Ill According to Petit... 2 hr Pete 23
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 3 hr 625743bls 7,137
News ADHD Linked To Brain Size 3 hr Again 3
News Acute Psychiatric services at University Hospit... 6 hr Again 2
News Court: Banning Doctors From Asking About Firear... 7 hr payme 1
News Myriad Genetics Announces an Assay that Identif... 10 hr Purplemouse2 8
News New center shows surge in demand for children's... 13 hr Humanspirit 1
Vagus Nerve Disorder Causes Symptoms Treatments (Feb '12) Feb 15 svetik 177
More from around the web