NHS sex quiz plans branded 'inappropr...

NHS sex quiz plans branded 'inappropriate'

There are 20 comments on the This is Wiltshire story from Oct 17, 2017, titled NHS sex quiz plans branded 'inappropriate'. In it, This is Wiltshire reports that:

NHS England have published new guidance advising health and social care organisations to record whether their patients regard themselves as heterosexual, gay, bisexual or transsexual. NHS England expect that all health and social care organisations would be recording their patients' sexual orientation by April 2019.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at This is Wiltshire.

TerriB1

Perkasie, PA

#1 Oct 17, 2017
Why collect this information? It is just to somehow lower numbers to prove Homosexuality and Transsexuality aren't as prevalent as we been made to believe. They have too much information on us now, let's not give them any more!
Terri
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Oct 17, 2017
TerriB1 wrote:
Why collect this information? It is just to somehow lower numbers to prove Homosexuality and Transsexuality aren't as prevalent as we been made to believe. They have too much information on us now, let's not give them any more!
Terri
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/02/29...
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 17, 2017
The medically relevant information is how much sex with different partners and the degree of protection used in those encounters. For some medical reasons it is relevant what sex or sexes the patient is having sex with.

The sexual identity of the patient should not be inquired into by any medical person. That should be volunteered if the patient wants to mention it.
Warren

Matawan, NJ

#4 Oct 17, 2017
Evilgelicalling wrote:
The medically relevant information is how much sex with different partners and the degree of protection used in those encounters.
If the patient is a homosexual male then of course "how much sex with different partners" goes way up and "the degree of protection used in those encounters" goes way down. Knowing this fact will prompt the doctor to suggest thorough testing for HIV/AIDS. hepatitis, syphilis and other STDs.

“Love is truth”

Since: Jan 15

Location hidden

#5 Oct 17, 2017
'They' asked me to mark my sexual orientation in a few places... Usually I check the box that says 'other' or 'straight,' because I'm afraid of being discriminated against. I am gay.
Warren

Matawan, NJ

#6 Oct 17, 2017
NoahLovesU wrote:
'They' asked me to mark my sexual orientation in a few places... Usually I check the box that says 'other' or 'straight,' because I'm afraid of being discriminated against. I am gay.
Do you lie when donating blood?
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>
If the patient is a homosexual male then of course "how much sex with different partners" goes way up
You're a stupid, filthy, troubled bigot. Many lgbt people come out before having sex. Many people who identify as str8 have sex with same sex partners (Ted Haggard.) Sexual activity and sexual orientation are separate.

There is no reason for a medical professional to inquire about sexual orientation. It's the medically relevant sexual conduct that is salient.

In addition to not understanding the very basics, due to your psychosexual problems, you then move into defaming all homosexuals as having way more sex than heterosexuals. You are likely recalling your own behavior when you last had more than one beer.
Warren

Matawan, NJ

#8 Oct 17, 2017
Evilgelicalling wrote:
<quoted text>

There is no reason for a medical professional to inquire about sexual orientation. It's the medically relevant sexual conduct that is salient.
Homosexual anal sex transmits disease at a far greater rate than any other type of sexual contact. Try educating yourself a little.

“Love is truth”

Location hidden

#9 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you lie when donating blood?
I know 100% that I don't have HIV or AIDS or any sort of disease associated with homosexual behaviors, which are being researched as we speak by scientists who care.

Yes I lie, because I would be discriminated against.

You don't know what it's like to be gay. There is soooo much that goes on on a daily basis for us that you are completely unconscious of. I have to watch my back everywhere I go because of stupid rednecks that will throw sh*t at you, scream curse words or potentially be violent. And I have been insulted many times for no reason. You get used to it. You have to.

“Love is truth”

Location hidden

#10 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>

Homosexual anal sex transmits disease at a far greater rate than any other type of sexual contact. Try educating yourself a little.
I don't agree. I am gay and I have never had an std.
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual anal sex transmits disease at a far greater rate
Maybe in your case, it does.

But the overwhelming bulk of all AIDS deaths have been via vaginal intercourse. And the deaths from Hep in the US outpace those from HIV / AIDS each year. Same for HPV, I believe, which is more of a str8 women's disease. You're sick and ignorant is the point.

But you avoided the content: I said that sexual activity is often medically relevant. Sexual identity may well not be. See, Cletus, the two taint the same.

“Love is truth”

Location hidden

#12 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>

What is your point? Even if this was true... I don't believe it, because I have witnessed the contrary. When I have sex it is as sanitary and conscientious as possible, thank you very much.
I appreciate your concern, but I feel like you're just trying to make homosexuals look dirty.
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Oct 17, 2017
NoahLovesU wrote:
<quoted text>
but I feel like you're just trying to make homosexuals look dirty.
Do you _really_ think so? Because that is quite a stretch. When did you first intuit this possibility?

(You're the best troll of all.)
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#14 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>

If the patient is a homosexual male then of course "how much sex with different partners" goes way up and "the degree of protection used in those encounters" goes way down. Knowing this fact will prompt the doctor to suggest thorough testing for HIV/AIDS. hepatitis, syphilis and other STDs.
But heterosexuals who have a lot of sexual partners should not be tested for diseases?

They have been getting and spreading diseases since the human race began, and make up more than 90% of the human race. So your "heterosexuals are morally superior and have no diseases" crap is just more of your gay hating drivel.

“Love is truth”

Location hidden

#15 Oct 17, 2017
Evilgelicalling wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you _really_ think so? Because that is quite a stretch. When did you first intuit this possibility?

(You're the best troll of all.)
Perhaps I am just assimilating your words in accordance with what I have heard associated with such things in the past; that is, prejudice.
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Oct 17, 2017
NoahLovesU wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I am just assimilating your words in accordance with what I have heard associated with such things in the past; that is, prejudice.
Your powers of insight are frightening. The way you were able to deduce that perhaps the homophobic trolls here wish to cast gay men as less than in any number of ways. Bravo to you, sir!

“Love is truth”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 17, 2017
Evilgelicalling wrote:
<quoted text>

Your powers of insight are frightening. The way you were able to deduce that perhaps the homophobic trolls here wish to cast gay men as less than in any number of ways. Bravo to you, sir!
https://youtu.be/9gpx5x4DTt8
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Oct 17, 2017
I congratulate you. What I do not do is run off to look at some youtube a moron posted the url of without description.

“Love is truth”

Location hidden

#19 Oct 17, 2017
Evilgelicalling wrote:
I congratulate you. What I do not do is run off to look at some youtube a moron posted the url of without description.
Hey! It's a good song!

“Love is truth”

Location hidden

#20 Oct 17, 2017
Evilgelicalling wrote:
<quoted text>

You're a stupid, filthy, troubled bigot. Many lgbt people come out before having sex. Many people who identify as str8 have sex with same sex partners (Ted Haggard.) Sexual activity and sexual orientation are separate.

In addition to not understanding the very basics, due to your psychosexual problems, you then move into defaming all homosexuals as having way more sex than heterosexuals. You are likely recalling your own behavior when you last had more than one beer.
I enjoyed this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters divided on nurse staffing ballot question 21 min TerriB1 1
News Vaginal pimples and other odd places you can ge... 21 hr Jackie 6
News Veteran Affair's change to Agent Orange claims ... (May '08) 22 hr Ronny B Fart 59
News Jim Carrey apologizes for using photos kids' ph... (Jul '15) Mon biden 3
News Get the shot (Oct '11) Mon he shot dead 6
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Mon VaXxEd 9,826
News Suffering from diverticulitis? Here are natural... Mon schultek 1