Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb 8,131
Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ... Full Story
Lin

Anniston, AL

#7475 Mar 7, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Lin, the surgeons secretary wasn't a "Office/Practice" Manager, and was she rude, abusive, arrogant etc. I find this disgusting and a breach of doctor/patient privacy that the secretary is giving you the results and not an appointment to see the quack and he tell you. I beleive that under the Privacy Act (Australia) this should occur. I would stand you ground and keep pestering them for an appointment. It sounds that this surgeon is also a chicken shit coward the same as Surgeon Death, he could not face me but sent in his Office Manager and what a fuc....bitch she was. Best of Luck Sonia
You are very right, being ocean away, in my case she was real nice, but stood her grounds office rules. Yet later in the afternoon I called back the nurse, told yea you do have hernia. But I got in mail today the CT Scan written report telling all. So screw them all, money hungry snakes! I don't know if their is a report telling exact placing of surgery mesh of 2010, to where this Ct Scan shows? I don't trust anybody??? Now we have this Superbug in our hospitals with no way to treat it.
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7476 Mar 7, 2013
Had my inguinal hernia mesh removed, last oct. had bowel and urinating problems after 1s surgery. Have lower abdominal pain above incisions,very painfull to sit. I have severe presure in head ears ringing eyes going out of focus ,sense of smell altered . Still can't sit ,defacating problems and urinary hesitancy. Now since mesh and plugs removed groin and privates burn and numb. No visible signs of anything ct scans MRI the works don't know where to turn. Blood test all negative. Could I still have an autoimmune problem? Any help?
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7477 Mar 8, 2013
AMU, is Bruce an attorney? He seems to be very helpful, you also, and it seems that a lucky few are able to talk to Bruce? How do I become a part of this inner circle.......I heard from the channel 3 news lady, after her calling Bard several times they finally got back to her and told her for me to do what I had already done, file a claim, they will review, then decide. Hello? You jerks already decided against Pop claiming it was the doctor, the hospital, unsanitary conditions, anything EXCEPT their crappy mesh that got infected almost immediately and upon explant leaves him barely able to stand suffering and disfigured forever. No other doc will touch him to help, except pain docs and we all know how that goes.....hope a somewhat pain free day for everyone, if thats even possible. Doors all closing with FDA, Lawyers, the MDL, its beyond frustrating. Going to keep trying though, what else can we do?
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7478 Mar 8, 2013
Hi Ellen,

I apologize for the delay in response, I was trying to decipher your response in my brain, because what you suggested and what Bard said all has been done prior to me reaching out to you, so I was suprised that everything was the same. Maybe I misunderstood, but it was my impression that your involvement was to bring attention to this situation, which is why one of your first questions was would we be willing to go "on tv"?

Thousands of other Americans besides Pop who have had this defective mesh, have been lied to by the Doctors, the Lawyers, The Manufacturers, and are all left to suffer for the rest of their lives with no one to help them, no one who can fix the damage, no one who will admit fault, even though the FDA is well aware of this issue, they do not care either. I thought you were going to help us bring this in to the light, put some pressure on this company, to hopefully make them at least partially responsible for their faulty product. Davol Bard blames the Doctors, the hospitals, unsanitary conditions, who then turn around and blame the company, its a viscious circle where the only one with any negative consequence is the patients who no one will listen to or help. Its not right and should not be allowed to happen or continue. But it will, one hand washes the other, they have their lobbyists, who in turn have their contacts at the FDA, on the Governmental level, who all make money off of defective products and LEAVE THE PEOPLE TO SUFFER. The lawyers lead these patients on for months, sometimes years at a time, only to then change their minds after getting the patients hopes up for some kind of justice, but then say that their case no longer meets their criteria. After a big check has been sent from the MANUFACTURER OF THE MESH TO THE LAWYERS FIRMS of course.

Its just despicable, and I am sure that in your business you see this often, not only with this mesh, but other products as well, like the mortgage rescue scam recently broadcast on Channel 3. Hopefully the exposure brought to that scam will find some relief for the people who were ripped off finacially. The mesh victims have lost much more than money. Guess that is not good enough news to bring attention to.

Regards,

Kelly

my response to the news lady who i hoped was going to help us. So much for that. Some people just dont have the cajones to take this on.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#7479 Mar 8, 2013
Alien Baby, Doors all closing with FDA, Lawyers, the MDL, its beyond frustrating. Going to keep trying though, what else can we do?

Until they prove the mesh is defective in court, there will be a lot more cases of injured mesh victims. You are learning a lot since you first posted and you know your pop is not alone,i hope he is getting some kind of help to get him better. He is so lucky to have your support, keep up the fight and a great job on your letter to Ellen.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7480 Mar 8, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
AMU, is Bruce an attorney? He seems to be very helpful, you also, and it seems that a lucky few are able to talk to Bruce? How do I become a part of this inner circle.......I heard from the channel 3 news lady, after her calling Bard several times they finally got back to her and told her for me to do what I had already done, file a claim, they will review, then decide. Hello? You jerks already decided against Pop claiming it was the doctor, the hospital, unsanitary conditions, anything EXCEPT their crappy mesh that got infected almost immediately and upon explant leaves him barely able to stand suffering and disfigured forever. No other doc will touch him to help, except pain docs and we all know how that goes.....hope a somewhat pain free day for everyone, if thats even possible. Doors all closing with FDA, Lawyers, the MDL, its beyond frustrating. Going to keep trying though, what else can we do?
No, Bruce is not a lawyer. He is "retired" from Social work. It is increasingly difficult to get Bruce on the phone and he has posted his number on here several times. Imagine being THE main source for mesh history, info and legal precedence/Issues concerning all things mesh. He is constantly on the phone or computer trying to help people all over the U.S.. His main concern right now are the cases that are in court concerning mesh. He has been helping with those victims cases in the hope that they will provide the break through all of us hope for. I will be talking to Bruce in the next day or so and will tell him of your request. There is no "inner circle". Bruce and I have been cooresponding for 6 years since my surgeries and have collaberated on a few projects. We are friends. I continually worry about him because of his health and what mesh has done to him and his family. Like all of us, Bruce has and is suffering from the damage done by our favorite surgical device. Best Wishes......
John Francis

Media, PA

#7481 Mar 8, 2013
I had open inguinal hernia repair 2 days ago, with mesh.doing very well
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7482 Mar 8, 2013
MAYBE BEING A TAD RUDE(after i reread what I sent I felt kinda bad...)BUT MAYBE IT HELPED!!! HERE IS HER RESPONSE!!

Kelly,
I'm sorry if there has been a miscommunication.
My impression was you were hoping for us to help your Pop get compensation. At this point, I have not been able to do that, and that was what I was telling you in my previous email.
I never said this was not good enough news to bring attention to. I think it's an issue that, like you said, many are dealing with. I need to speak with my co-workers, and see how they'd like to move forward.
I really do appreciate you bringing this to our attention and for being so willing to go on tv to raise awareness about the issue. Thank you! I will be back in touch.

Sincerely,
Ellen Czajkowski
Medical Producer CBS-3

At least its a little hope to hold on to, what else do we have at this point!! THank you AMU, and Blair, for your kind responses.No harm meant on the inner circle thing, you guys seem the most informed, you know who you are, but the bottom line is everyone on here is suffering and trying to make some sense of the mess I mean mesh that messed/meshed up their life. except the grubby lawyers who try and sneak in here and there... I have not gone back thru that many pages of posts its so upsetting to me what I see. I wish Bruce and everyone well, I know what Pop goes though and its despicable. I filed that MAUDE months ago(3) now and still dont see it? Has anyone else had a delay in seeing it on there after filing? Maybe I filed wrong or do they only post what they want....I typed word for word the OR report, path reports, doc notes(what I could read of their writing N E way) so maybe FDA didnt like what it said? Idont know. Have A good weekend everyone.(Cant wait to see what her co workers want to do with this....)
ramshawed2000

United States

#7483 Mar 8, 2013
Terlin wrote:
Can a ruptured colon cause sepsis
Of course. That means that the stool is now leaking onto your abdominal cavity. Has a procedure been scheduled? Are you or individual on antibiotics? You should be, prior to being opened. Please consult with your doctors and get 2nd & 3rd opinions when necessary. Good luck to you.
ramshawed2000

United States

#7484 Mar 8, 2013
Lin wrote:
<quoted text> You are very right, being ocean away, in my case she was real nice, but stood her grounds office rules. Yet later in the afternoon I called back the nurse, told yea you do have hernia. But I got in mail today the CT Scan written report telling all. So screw them all, money hungry snakes! I don't know if their is a report telling exact placing of surgery mesh of 2010, to where this Ct Scan shows? I don't trust anybody??? Now we have this Superbug in our hospitals with no way to treat it.
The original surgical report will tell you abt placement. I'm just really upset at All of these surgical procedures that were meant to reinforce the abdominal wall, and destroyed it and other organs.
ramshawed2000

United States

#7485 Mar 8, 2013
Terlin wrote:
Had my inguinal hernia mesh removed, last oct. had bowel and urinating problems after 1s surgery. Have lower abdominal pain above incisions,very painfull to sit. I have severe presure in head ears ringing eyes going out of focus ,sense of smell altered . Still can't sit ,defacating problems and urinary hesitancy. Now since mesh and plugs removed groin and privates burn and numb. No visible signs of anything ct scans MRI the works don't know where to turn. Blood test all negative. Could I still have an autoimmune problem? Any help?
Have you seen GI or Urologist? They will do necessary tests to diagnose any other defects. I had 3 different surgeons on my case and after 12 & half hrs in surgery I was left with 1/4 of my bladder and 4 feet of sm bowel removed. I'm better now however still suffer with chronic pain and peripheral nerve damage. Good luck to you, honestly .most of these drs are practicing medicine.
CHUCK

Columbus, GA

#7486 Mar 8, 2013
We are prople of dume. Think about this, the Fed Gov let the county go in the Mess it's in. Now Obama says he can send drones to kill his fellow man, for saying the wrong thing. Or if it sounds like a threat. Rights are being taken away, the Bible has been reworded to meet todays standard of crooked policies of all levels of goverenment. polticians taking kick backs. Their ain't a dam one of them that gives a dam about us!!!! Their is a hidden gov that controls the puppets in the white house. This hidden agency Is called DCFS. Department of Children Family Services. This is no Shit. check this out Mass Outrage "Dirty Tricks" hidden facts DCF doen't want you to know once you read all this then you will then why the rest of the country runs the way it does, this is in every state.
CHUCK

Columbus, GA

#7487 Mar 8, 2013
sorry spelling error we are people of doom. Dam anti virse running in background messing up everything, making typing freeze up I don't know? But please check my above posting out, it was e-mailed to me.
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7488 Mar 9, 2013
ramshawed2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. That means that the stool is now leaking onto your abdominal cavity. Has a procedure been scheduled? Are you or individual on antibiotics? You should be, prior to being opened. Please consult with your doctors and get 2nd & 3rd opinions when necessary. Good luck to you.
Have severe bloating and difficulty moving bowels and urine retention and all kind of wierd symptoms feel short of breath burning sensation through out body difficulty walking ringing in ears gut will get cold to the touch. Had ct scam back last year and it showed negitve. Docs don't think nothing of it anybody else have symptoms like this ? Also very shaky
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7489 Mar 9, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
MAYBE BEING A TAD RUDE(after i reread what I sent I felt kinda bad...)BUT MAYBE IT HELPED!!! HERE IS HER RESPONSE!!
Kelly,
I'm sorry if there has been a miscommunication.
My impression was you were hoping for us to help your Pop get compensation. At this point, I have not been able to do that, and that was what I was telling you in my previous email.
I never said this was not good enough news to bring attention to. I think it's an issue that, like you said, many are dealing with. I need to speak with my co-workers, and see how they'd like to move forward.
I really do appreciate you bringing this to our attention and for being so willing to go on tv to raise awareness about the issue. Thank you! I will be back in touch.
Sincerely,
Ellen Czajkowski
Medical Producer CBS-3
At least its a little hope to hold on to, what else do we have at this point!! THank you AMU, and Blair, for your kind responses.No harm meant on the inner circle thing, you guys seem the most informed, you know who you are, but the bottom line is everyone on here is suffering and trying to make some sense of the mess I mean mesh that messed/meshed up their life. except the grubby lawyers who try and sneak in here and there... I have not gone back thru that many pages of posts its so upsetting to me what I see. I wish Bruce and everyone well, I know what Pop goes though and its despicable. I filed that MAUDE months ago(3) now and still dont see it? Has anyone else had a delay in seeing it on there after filing? Maybe I filed wrong or do they only post what they want....I typed word for word the OR report, path reports, doc notes(what I could read of their writing N E way) so maybe FDA didnt like what it said? Idont know. Have A good weekend everyone.(Cant wait to see what her co workers want to do with this....)
You are welcome for anything I can do to help. You should have recieved an immediate e-mail from the FDA after you filed your report acknowledging they recieved it. Did you get that? I would also say that you were not rude in your letter. I believe you were adament, sincere, concise and to the point. You, like most of us on this forum are sick and tired of the the uninformed that make decisions. Her letter back to you showed that in spades. She thought you wanted THEM to help you get compensation? Really? I normally go to the newspaper to get or to give newsworthy facts. I go to a lawyer when I believe I have a case in which compensation is the end result. I guess I have had it all mixed up these past 6 years! I should have gone to the newspaper and filed a case and then gone to the lawyers and reported that they are all scum bags and the FDA is complicate! Dang it! Mixed up again! Best Wishes to All.....
Sam

Sunset, LA

#7490 Mar 9, 2013
Blair wrote:
Calendar of Events
MDL
The court system is out of touch with the real world. The MDL started in 2007 and same bullshit in 2013. The Law Firms are only out for number one and if you got any payout count your blessings.
http://www.rid.uscourts.gov/
You are so right! I just received a letter from my lawyer,dismissing my case after 6 year because I would not settle. As u said,if u received any payout,count your blessings.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#7491 Mar 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> You are so right! I just received a letter from my lawyer,dismissing my case after 6 year because I would not settle. As u said,if u received any payout,count your blessings.
Sam, all mesh cases are being won on technicalities, even the new cases before the courts they will be in the same boat as all the rest of us and from experieyynce it will sink. I am so sorry for you and your family,the law firms were in the money when Davol admitted the ring was defective, that worked for everyone except for the victims. The 185 million is lunch money for Bard/Davol, the law firms get 40% and the courts 12% not bad for two trials.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#7492 Mar 9, 2013
I was being shut down, even my post name was erased, ( experience ) i pushed comment quickly, i can't beleive it sent. Sam, i wish you the best and i hope things are improving with your health.
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7493 Mar 9, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> You are welcome for anything I can do to help. You should have recieved an immediate e-mail from the FDA after you filed your report acknowledging they recieved it. Did you get that? I would also say that you were not rude in your letter. I believe you were adament, sincere, concise and to the point. You, like most of us on this forum are sick and tired of the the uninformed that make decisions. Her letter back to you showed that in spades. She thought you wanted THEM to help you get compensation? Really? I normally go to the newspaper to get or to give newsworthy facts. I go to a lawyer when I believe I have a case in which compensation is the end result. I guess I have had it all mixed up these past 6 years! I should have gone to the newspaper and filed a case and then gone to the lawyers and reported that they are all scum bags and the FDA is complicate! Dang it! Mixed up again! Best Wishes to All.....
AMU, I mustve been confused as well...The funny thing is this lady asked me what was Pop looking for out of this, at the beginning I was uninformed and thought that the compensation page on davol bard, the reimbursement page, I told her her that two of the procedures that Pop had were reimburseable procedures, have found out since that that is the reimbursement for the doctors/hospitals/ins co's...my mistake. Ive learned since then that it doesnt matter what type of procedure or disaster may have happened to you, getting compensation is not feasible, its about the priciple now. Someone needs to accept responsibilty, maybe tell the victims that the fault was theirs, money would be nice but what amount could really make up for everything? I dont know what "dollar amount" would give Pop back 8 years of his manhood, pride, self esteem, productivity, lack of "consortium"(did you see that in that other case the husband got paid for that??) and at the least STOP using the crap in more people. We were with Pop today and when I looked at his stomach I was ill. Its worse, its so discombobulated out of proportion, On the good side his B.M.'s are still normal, so I told him if that doesnt continue then he needs to go to the hospital ASAP. He said he will call us from the ambulance. Im afraid he is bleeding internally maybe or something is just wrong in there because the shape is now like ALIEN BABY TRIPLETS. He is a tough man and doesnt like to admit he is hurting, he doesnt take as much pain meds as they give him he says they dont really help him so why take them. I dont know how Ill help him physically but mentally I want to try and help him find satisfaction. I told him about all of you and he was shocked but I think it gave him a weird sense of confort that he is not alone. I will keep bugging the news lady, Ill let everyone know what happens, I think she knows Im not the type to go away. I do remember getting a response from the FDA after I inquired as to why I could not find the report but I will have to go back and see if I did receive the immediate response. Pops email file has gotten to many pages at this point. Ill go through, and let you know. Wait, I have a printed copy of it so I mustve done it right? I will figure it out. Have a great night everyone. Feel well.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7494 Mar 10, 2013
Alien Baby: Please let your Pop know that there are thousands like him out here. He needs to make sure he is not bleeding internally ASAP. I believe I know how he feels about all of this when he has to go to the hospital or the Dr.'s and tell people about what is happening to him. I believe most of us on this forum have experienced the look of disbelief, non-comprehension and misdiagnosis from the medical community. When you present actual literature about what mesh does they are "amazed" " they did not realize" " I will have to look into this" " are you sure its your mesh" " I have not heard this before" and on and on and on. You get really frustrated with supposed "smart" people that are supposed Doctors. When presented with something that goes counter to what they have learned in school or from some Medical Manufacturer Rep ( because we all know how genuine those company reps are!) they go bleary eyed and yawn. We are just "the patient" what would WE know? Your Pop needs to be taken to an expert that can diagnose him properly. I realize that that is easier said than done. But please tell him that he is NOT alone. And we ALL know exactly what he is going through. As far as the FDA goes, please keep all corespondence you have with them. You should have or should get a letter from the manufacturer also. They will ask all the same questions as the FDA and will also ask for records. I did cooperate with them as much as possible. It did not come to anything but they cannot deny that they did not recieve my records. You might try the Office of Criminal Investigation of the FDA and give them your info also. Please give my Regards and Best Wishes to your Father. And to you I say God Bless You.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mind Your Mouth: How Oral Health Affects Overal... 15 min Rose Henderson 2
Ohio approves state smoking ban (Nov '06) 2 hr Sneaky Pete 76,122
Floyd: As fluoride - debate' rages again, perha... 2 hr nyscof 1
Health Check: do you really need carbs to recov... 4 hr JenDebee 2
Asthma Patients Outraged at Indifference to Pro... (Feb '09) 4 hr Mary 9
L-Arginine (Nov '11) 4 hr JenDebee 41
Aloe Vera for weight loss (Sep '11) 5 hr mathewsteven10 8
More from around the web