Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8249 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Life Changed 2011

United States

#7200 Jan 30, 2013
Terlin wrote:
<quoted text> yes it was thought he is one of the best?
He placed my mesh in Atlanta, 10 years ago. After he left Georgia, I couldn't get Anyone to even touch me...
I'm glad that he set's that the mesh is a problem and is now removing more than he placed...
patty

Eugene, OR

#7201 Jan 30, 2013
Mike m wrote:
I have proloop atrium and plug also with a marlex mesh in i havd pain walking back pain been seein docs for 3 yrs go to Cleveland clinc feb 5 2013 will get there opinion
Atrium is a drty word in my house too. Good luck
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7202 Jan 31, 2013
Once again I am sent Trojan Horse virus's via a link to FDA web sites. This is getting to be a bit scary now. This make 5 attempts to get to my files or kill my computer.
Lin

Phenix City, AL

#7203 Jan 31, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Once again I am sent Trojan Horse virus's via a link to FDA web sites. This is getting to be a bit scary now. This make 5 attempts to get to my files or kill my computer.
Wow, ok whats going on? I also was infected with a trojan last week, put was sent by a e-mail. Found out it stem from my sister's yahoo account was stolen, and her contacts were used to send infected e-mails. Just this morning I got three unopened emails useing Bruce's email address. So Bruce you see this check your account.
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7204 Jan 31, 2013
Has any body have abdominal bloating and pain when sitting above inguial a hernia incisions with difficulty defacating years after surgery making it difficult to breath, if so did you find a fix.

Since: Nov 12

Winston Hills, Australia

#7205 Jan 31, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> RIVERRAT!! Just read my post and wanted to clarify....IT was the link I was talking about! Not YOUR posting! Sorry if that is how you read my posting....The link was really disturbing....Take care....
Hi All Meshed Up, how are you going? I am sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful with the lawyers once again, this is an uphill battle, and I was a legal secretary before my accident, so I do know how solicitors can be complete morons, at the end of the day it's about money. Listen Love I know you have a lot on your plate but any newsn about this Biodesing Surgisis. Kind regards Sonia
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7207 Jan 31, 2013
Lin wrote:
<quoted text> Wow, ok whats going on? I also was infected with a trojan last week, put was sent by a e-mail. Found out it stem from my sister's yahoo account was stolen, and her contacts were used to send infected e-mails. Just this morning I got three unopened emails useing Bruce's email address. So Bruce you see this check your account.
Then you know. And yes.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7208 Jan 31, 2013
Do not open any mail without subject. Do not open mail trhat "comes out of the blue". Do not open mail that has a link attatched and you were not expecting it. Do not open a mail you that says "hello". Notice the lack of capital letters. Unwanted FDA link mail. PLEASE BEWARE.
Angry as hell

Lansing, IL

#7209 Jan 31, 2013
Well I finally got good news today. I found a new attorney to take over my case. After being dismissed my the Johnson Law Firm. My new attorney said that I do have a case and he wants to help me. Maybe thinks will finally get settled.
Lin

Eastaboga, AL

#7210 Jan 31, 2013
Question I just found out yesterday, a friend passed away on 12.26.12, from a massive heart attack, caused by a blood clot.( I had been out of town at the time). He just had an inguinal hernia, recurrent hernia with mesh done back in Oct. He had the first repair in 2009. In which he was in pain with, in which he would talk to me about, he was told that he could go back to work, within a week after the second surgery, he worked in pest control. The last time I saw him back in Nov, he said he didn't feel right in which i told him he need go to the emergency room. I don't know all the details, but being told what I was, I feel that the second surgery was also badly done, leading up to the blood clot. I wonder what is the percent of a bad hernia surgery causing blood clots then death like this? It's so sad, leaving a wife and grown children behind.
questioning

Cabot, AR

#7211 Jan 31, 2013
My son had a double inguinal hernias, so May 2012 he had mesh implanted We have his medical records but no mention of lot or product code.All we have is that it was Atrium,not even Atrium CQUR, The surgeon wants him to have nerve blocks and if that works for the pain;face another surgery to cut the nerves. Ha so instead of fixing or admitting there is a problem, just cut the nerves and pretend there is no problem. There has been no talk of even trying to remove the mesh. My son is young and it is a horrible way to live no matter what sex or age.
Thanks for listening. We can not afford to take him somewhere to have the mesh removed.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7212 Feb 1, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
Well I finally got good news today. I found a new attorney to take over my case. After being dismissed my the Johnson Law Firm. My new attorney said that I do have a case and he wants to help me. Maybe thinks will finally get settled.
Did you try Cory Watson? I am glad you got help, keep us updated.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7213 Feb 1, 2013
questioning wrote:
My son had a double inguinal hernias, so May 2012 he had mesh implanted We have his medical records but no mention of lot or product code.All we have is that it was Atrium,not even Atrium CQUR, The surgeon wants him to have nerve blocks and if that works for the pain;face another surgery to cut the nerves. Ha so instead of fixing or admitting there is a problem, just cut the nerves and pretend there is no problem. There has been no talk of even trying to remove the mesh. My son is young and it is a horrible way to live no matter what sex or age.
Thanks for listening. We can not afford to take him somewhere to have the mesh removed.
Myself and one other person of my aquaintence has had our nerves "cut". It did NOT work. Actually caused more problems than anything else. In my case they did not cut the right nerves. In my friends case the surgery caused him more pain. Think twice before having it done. The Dr.'s portray it as a quick fix, no problem. B.S..
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7214 Feb 1, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi All Meshed Up, how are you going? I am sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful with the lawyers once again, this is an uphill battle, and I was a legal secretary before my accident, so I do know how solicitors can be complete morons, at the end of the day it's about money. Listen Love I know you have a lot on your plate but any newsn about this Biodesing Surgisis. Kind regards Sonia
Hi Sonia, Apologies for the delay.......www.midsouthtriall awyers.com Give this site a gander and let me know. Best Wishes Always........
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7215 Feb 1, 2013
I'm up to 3 lawyers turning me down in this week! Popular guy that I am.......
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7216 Feb 1, 2013
questioning wrote:
In the medical records look for the OP report from the surgery when he was implanted. This should have the manufacturers codes and lot#'s. If not, specifically ask for that info from the hospital. Don't let them B.S. you! Best of Luck.....
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7217 Feb 1, 2013
For the time being please becareful of any mail but specifically Bruces' mail especially if it comes with(NO SUBJECT) in the subject line and usually with a small letters "hello". Both Bruce and I and now some of you are being hit by, according to some folks that know about this stuff, a fairly sophisticated expensively made Trojan Horse virus that targets your e-mail account and all your files. This is just another attack in what has become about a 4 month cycle of attacks over the past year and a half. This is not your run of the mill hack. These are very targeted and why they have come disguised as FDA links about mesh products I find disturbing. So, Please be aware out there. If you are going to send someone a file, let them know in advance. Don't open that mail you do not know and make sure you have a GREAT firewall. Have great day out there! Send the FDA a MAUDE report and smile! Best Wishes.....
Angry as hell

Lansing, IL

#7218 Feb 1, 2013
Blair, I have Richard Ratcliffe out of Providence RI. He believes that I have a strong case. I never heard back from Cory. Thank You for your Helmand yes I will keep you posted on what is happening.
crazieforchrist

United States

#7219 Feb 1, 2013
I'm curious...I had an appendictomy in 2001 and had to have a drain to drain the gangrene due to the appendix ruptured. The drain caused a hernia in which I had to have a mesh. It seems since that I've been nothing but ill, I've had 11 surgeries now and I'm 36. I had a hysterestomy last year due to endometerosis which they don't know what causes endo, my gallbladder removed in August a few months later and I still have abdominal pain, bowel issues, irregular heart beat. I have no clue what type of mesh I have...guess I need to find that out. Any of this sound familiar? I couldn't read the article above, not sure if it has been remove or if it is because I'm on my cell and wont show it.
WTF

Mcpherson, KS

#7220 Feb 1, 2013
Anyone try that scam "Ever been arrested" advertising on the side of the page here ? Those flashing faces are irritating not to mention it's a scam !
I know I'm off topic here, but thought I'd share the love . Ha !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1st city to ban smoking inside restaurants, Win... 18 min ADDICTIONS KILL 71
News California takes many hits, large and small, in... 7 hr Solarman 1
News Malaria Growing Resistant to Drugs Used to Figh... (Aug '14) 12 hr Megan 2
News Do Community Treatment Orders violate human rig... 15 hr Humanspirit 1
News Should Doctors Speculate About the President's ... 15 hr Humanspirit 1
News Scientology linked anti-psychiatry exhibit in D... 15 hr Humanspirit 5
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Tue Kagome15 7,205
More from around the web