Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8252 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

riverrat

Houston, MN

#4985 Dec 24, 2011
lol he sounded like a drunk rehab abuser if ya feel good alls ok
mesh is all about the ring that will mess ya up the non ring could give you a realy bad infection
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Since: May 10

Quesnel, Canada

#4986 Dec 24, 2011
Emergecy left femoral hernia repair April 2007 with prolene mesh. July 2008-Had a couple of nerve blocks, then Re-operated on Oct 14 2008, found a defect over Coopers ligament with fatty tissue protruding into the femoral ring-a PHS mesh repair was carried out. The defect was filled with PHS mesh. Feb 2010 nerve was clipped, April 2011 hospitalized-Huge mass of infection mass is the size of a grapefruit.....I cant sit, stand, lie, walk without severe pain, chronic infection and pain. Im being operated on Jan 2012-mesh is being removed along with the mass. surgeon is hoping that the hernia has closed on its on as the mesh is now floating freely in pieces, if it hasnt healed they are not sure how they will close it. they will firstly try to get rid of the infection that they say ive had since 2007, this could take a year or so to rid my body intirely of the infection. they they will go back in and try to close the hernia. ive contacted a lawyer and since its past the 2yr mark since the original surgery i cant sue, and malpractice suits are hard to prove here in canada-they want $5000 started-but like i said ive past the 2yr mark, ive reported the doctor to the BC physicians and surgeons. Ive applied for cpp disabilty as i have osteoarthritis in my lower back, knees, hips and hands, i have fibro as well....my upcoming surgery in jan 2012....no promises!
ROLHPR

Reno, NV

#4987 Dec 24, 2011
Hi I have a mesh patch (not sure what kind) but it was inplanted from a surgical hernia that I got after my gall bladder was removed. I to have alot of stomach pains and problems with blood being in my stool. what mesh patch has been recalled?
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4988 Dec 25, 2011
How many got their xmas present from Bard/Davol. Motley Rice 40% and the courts 12% got a big check under their tree. LOL,the rest of us got ......
Justme

Toledo, OH

#4990 Dec 26, 2011
Ring case. No offer yet.
roxanne

Rochester, PA

#4991 Dec 26, 2011
did not get mine yet
jane akre

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#4992 Dec 26, 2011
I'm working on a story about the kugel settlement and would like to talk to folks about whether or not they will settle and what, if anything, they've been told. I prefer to use your name for the story but don't have to if I can verify who you are. This will be on Mesh News Desk, contact me there.

( http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com ).

It appears the settlement number is the key and losing the first bellwether may have reduced it - any thoughts?
riverrat

Houston, MN

#4993 Dec 26, 2011
1.5 million was a good settlement and all cases should be judged by this.
but lawyer&court forceing 52% from victims should be a fredral felony with no future medical ect this is difrent then any other neglagent cases,seems this court is trying to set a pattern for other big wrong doers to get out of all the crimes and life long human damages they cause.
another fed agency should take a very close look at whats going on here befor its to late and lawyers and courts across this contry will sell out for the right price
Joanna

United States

#4994 Dec 27, 2011
Checks were supposed to be received by Christmas IF there was a large enough percentage of people cooperating. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I received a letter a week ago stating that the new anticipated due date is February 2011. In the meantime, those who have not settled have allowed Davol to continue to accrue interest on the money they set in the account to pay us. They will be getting this interest, not us, so in a sense they are helping Davol make money instead of paying it out. I had consultations with surgeons this month to repair the damage the mesh has caused with an anticipated surgery date in January. Now, since the money didn't come in I've had to delay my surgery. It seems unfair that those of us that are willing to settle are being penalized by those who aren't. Also, maybe my law firm is different but they are paying 8% of the court fees and I am paying 4% leaving me 52% of the award.
riverrat

Houston, MN

#4995 Dec 27, 2011
hope your $9.000.00 covers all ur medical ect
Joanna

United States

#4996 Dec 27, 2011
riverrat wrote:
hope your $9.000.00 covers all ur medical ect
How nice of you to assume how much I am receiving. Your ignorance in your postings is obvious. Rest assured that the amount will cover my medical costs. Thank you, ever so much, for your concern.
steven435

Lawson, MO

#4997 Dec 28, 2011
joanna,you have no compation for the majorety that are getting scewed.looking out for your self and not sticking together is how bard is getting over on us.if every one stuck together even your settlment will be larger.be happy with what you get and screw the rest.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4998 Dec 28, 2011
Joanna wrote:
<quoted text>How nice of you to assume how much I am receiving. Your ignorance in your postings is obvious. Rest assured that the amount will cover my medical costs. Thank you, ever so much, for your concern.
Joanna,you should not have to pay for your medical costs. All we are asking for is a fair settlement for all and all future medical costs ,paid for by Bard/Davol. We are all disabilied from this mesh implant and need more surgery's. If they want to treat each case one by one they better look at our loss of income this mesh implant caused and yes there is enough proof for all to get 1.5 million. Time to get back into the court room and make Motley Rice earn their money.
Legrod

Macomb, MI

#4999 Dec 28, 2011
Don Williams wrote:
has anyone out there had a atrium hernia patch that failed ?? mine dissolved in my diaphragm and in result I had to have it removed and during second surgery I got MRSA please help I need anyone who has had a patch fail made by atrium medic please respond .
. Hi, I have chronic pain from Atruim prolite mesh. It was from a inguinal hernia surgery in 2008. I did nerve blocks and pain management, nothing helps, in bed all the time. I'm going to get a triple neurectomy with possible mesh removal in Jan 2012. I hope that works!
loss in nc

Pfafftown, NC

#5000 Dec 28, 2011
steven435 wrote:
joanna,you have no compation for the majorety that are getting scewed.looking out for your self and not sticking together is how bard is getting over on us.if every one stuck together even your settlment will be larger.be happy with what you get and screw the rest.
all cases are different no one is gonna get the same amount if anyone wants to settle that is up to them my family will settle if it is fair in our opinion, was is fair when my mom was handed a death sentence ,it will never be fair. NOTHING ABOUT ANY OF THIS IS FAIR.
Joanna

United States

#5001 Dec 28, 2011
steven435 wrote:
You talk about compassion? What guarantees there would have been larger settlements? Are you forgetting that not all cases that were brought to trial resulted in a monetary windfall? After waiting all this time I was finally given the opportunity to try to repair some of what was done to me but because people who never even had issues with their mesh want to become millionaires I am forced to continue waiting. Granted there are many, many people who have suffered as I have and would like to have more compensation for all the damage that was done to them and I understand that. I also would have liked to have had more money and, quite frankly, no amount of money would be a fair compensation. But, I am also realistic and would like to just get this nightmare over with. I feel that it is unfair to treat everyone as a group. If an individual is willing to settle they should be allowed to. If others, don't, that is their right. But each person's individual decision should not effect anyone else. In the meantime the money that is sitting in an account to pay out the settlements is continuing to accrue thousands and thousands in interest. Interest payable to whom? Davol/Bard. So, in a sense, you are keeping me from my much needed money but helping them get richer! I have no problem continuing the battle to make the public aware of these dangerous products but I should not be faulted for wanting my personal issues rectified first. Compassion? Nope. As you so eloquently stated, I'm the one getting screwed. Again!
steven435

Lawson, MO

#5002 Dec 29, 2011
joanna,what i am trying to say is let a jury make the desision not bard and the lawyers.
wolf99

AOL

#5003 Dec 29, 2011
Happy New Years Everyone. 12/29/11. Question on Proceed Mesh? I just received an e-mail from a friend. Stating that their is a recall as of Dec. 15,2011 on the Ethicon J&J Company (PROCEED-Code PCDG1 Lot # BMG618). Potential for delamination resulting in EXPOSURE of underlying POLYPROPYLENE MESH which could potentially result in adhesions and fistulas.
loss in nc

Pfafftown, NC

#5004 Dec 29, 2011
Joanna wrote:
<quoted text>You talk about compassion? What guarantees there would have been larger settlements? Are you forgetting that not all cases that were brought to trial resulted in a monetary windfall? After waiting all this time I was finally given the opportunity to try to repair some of what was done to me but because people who never even had issues with their mesh want to become millionaires I am forced to continue waiting. Granted there are many, many people who have suffered as I have and would like to have more compensation for all the damage that was done to them and I understand that. I also would have liked to have had more money and, quite frankly, no amount of money would be a fair compensation. But, I am also realistic and would like to just get this nightmare over with. I feel that it is unfair to treat everyone as a group. If an individual is willing to settle they should be allowed to. If others, don't, that is their right. But each person's individual decision should not effect anyone else. In the meantime the money that is sitting in an account to pay out the settlements is continuing to accrue thousands and thousands in interest. Interest payable to whom? Davol/Bard. So, in a sense, you are keeping me from my much needed money but helping them get richer! I have no problem continuing the battle to make the public aware of these dangerous products but I should not be faulted for wanting my personal issues rectified first. Compassion? Nope. As you so eloquently stated, I'm the one getting screwed. Again!
I agree with you no one has to settle, go to court ,it will take years to try all of these cases ,not one or two ,more like 20+, it is up to each person or family what is best for them my moms funeral isnt even paid for davol put her in the ground my family has had to live with the memory of watching her die we want this done. It has been terrible on everyone we will do what is best for us be it settle or go to court. I expect everyone to do the same.
loss in nc

Pfafftown, NC

#5005 Dec 29, 2011
whoever judged clueless trust me I am not. I know whats going on with my families cases. WE know who we have to pay its not Motley Rice trust me. My advice to all of you is worry about yourself, what anyone else decides to do is not your problem or how much you get. They make a offer you say yes or no. Settle or court. You get to decide. You want to go to court then do so. I will say this Davol has never and will never make enough money to make right what they did to my mom.....SHE IS DEAD what anyone else gets is not my concern I hope the best for everyone but Davol is ready to go to trial or settle it does not matter to them which one you do. They are prepared for either...and the shame is they have the money to do it. I know this because I called and asked their council. Thats what I was told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President George H.W. Bush Is in Intensive Care... 3 hr Dig Gravers 2
News Appalachian congressmen ask FDA to reclassify O... (May '07) 3 hr Appalachian Trail... 39
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 7 hr Lexy19 7,351
News Redesigning Maternal Care: Ob-Gyns Are Urged to... 10 hr Peter 1
News Courts Decide It's Time for Alfie Evans to Die 19 hr C Kersey 1
News Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone cli... Tue SirPrize 2
News Spokesman: George HW Bush hospitalized with blo... Tue Father and Son 1