Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8236 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Amanda

Port Jervis, NY

#4665 Nov 13, 2011
All Meshed Up, I am sorry that you had to run into the dr. that ruined your life, you can very well imagine my trial where I had to face the dr. in the courtroom every day for 3 weeks, his smug look on his face, lying on the stand and the lies he told in his deposition. It's a hard thing to have to go through seeing this man again and especially harder hearing his crappy response to you. Amanda
mesh victim

Gilbert, AZ

#4680 Nov 13, 2011
wounded wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont accept the offer, unless it is a good amount. I got wounded again this time by attorney and Bard, seriously was offered 18K, not gonna happen. Im going Public, because I did not accept the offer and did not have to sign the confidentiallity agreement.
More info if you need it
send to as many people as you can please.
I was curious if you had your mesh removed? If so how are you doing? Are you suffering from pain and if so are you needing narcotics to control it? I have mind removed but am still in quite bit of pain am wondering when and if I'll ever get of painkillers. Yeah, that sucks about the offering, what a joke!
Kugal patient

Gilbert, AZ

#4681 Nov 13, 2011
wounded wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we were sold out by Motley Rice, they agreed to never try the non ring breakage cases, dont settle dont sign read my post. I was offered 18k and told to take it. I was railroaded by my attorney. dont settle, dont sign, pls walk the walk Im going public.
[email protected]
The highest settlement was 1.o5 million, lowest was 4000.oo lol companies.
Did you have the Kugal with the ring and did your ring break? If did your body reject the mesh itself and had infections? I'm wondering why such a low offering to you when someone else received an offer for over a million settlement.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4689 Nov 14, 2011
wounded wrote:
<quoted text>
Blair trials are over in the US, I have recieved a settlement offer of 18K only after years of suffering see posts on page 223, I have left an email, dont settle dont sign forms. I am going public.
Wounded, when i talked to the Lawyer leading the class action in Canada he told me the shocking news of how low the settlements are in the states but i did not want to upset anyone on this site knowing what we all went throw. Thanks for speaking out and we will help you in anyway we can.He told me in all the years he has been fighting cases he has never seen such a low settlement.They would never recover the cost they have into this and i got a strong feeling after it gets certified they will drop the case. My wife and i had a strong feeling we were dropped as part of the deal with Davol. It is all starting to add up because ever law firm i talked to in the USA said they were not doing non ring cases except for the law firm in Cleveland who has not got back to me yet. Be strong and fight on!
Christine

AOL

#4690 Nov 14, 2011
goodmorning all, I try and keep up with this all Acually Iam going back into surgery this friday after the surgery I had in July to remove mesh amd a mass and fix another surgery but..........the idiot doctor that did surgery acually had 2 doctors so called didnt see the other mass and scar tissue, so Iam back in again the 18th of Nov HAPPY HOLIDAYS to me, this mesh has scared me and now they are worried this friday surgery of all the tissue that has wrapped around my organs Iam so not mentally up to any of this not the fact of no income in months, going into forclosure could have beenback to work if this was done right the first time!!! My regular doctor told me to file disabilty which I did back in june since Ihave so many issues going on in my life and withhealth so after 6 months SSI denie's me saids Iam able to work4 hernias later, andcanname a list of the things that I have wrong with me, never in a million years did I think my life would be like this at 45?? Alls I want is my life back!! My stomach looks like a road map!!My lawyer said its all settled but they where looking for a special master to reveiw the 165 cases in his firm I guess to see who gets what? and that was a month ago said it wouldnt be till about 6 months to anything is finalized? 18.000$ HAHA my medical already and not including this weeks surgery is well over 150.000 dollars thank god I do have Insurance but I now have over 5000.00 in co-pays in which allof them are in collections now, not only all the pain and suffering the mental, Iam a strong person but this has all taken me down so mentally I just feel its a matter of time iam gonna have a mental breakdown :(. this has put such a STRESS on me and my whole family. Anyways Ineeded to vent and I hope all this finds everyone well and I will surely keep all of yous in my Thoughts And Prayers. Chrisitne
riverrat

Houston, MN

#4691 Nov 14, 2011
let one of them live 24 to 48 hrs in are shoes once they would want millions from both companys

i have the ring and something is very wrong,belly pain,red&blue rash above the mesh,unknow infection,fevers.wanna throw up most days ect ect
im a vet i wont sign, lawyers spend 18.000 a week end jutt for fun fun
Jaybird

Chesapeake, VA

#4692 Nov 14, 2011
Was the 18k before or after attorney fees ?
wounded

Fort Myers, FL

#4693 Nov 14, 2011
Jaybird wrote:
Was the 18k before or after attorney fees ?
Before attorney fees.
PLs do not sign agreements. I fighting this.
wounded

Fort Myers, FL

#4694 Nov 14, 2011
Please all feel confident in me, and 27 people only got over 500K, so watch the shark swimming around saying take the offer. I am saying stick with me and walk the walk, you all have talked the talk.
Dont sign nothing unless you are satisfied.
wounded

Fort Myers, FL

#4695 Nov 14, 2011
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Wounded, when i talked to the Lawyer leading the class action in Canada he told me the shocking news of how low the settlements are in the states but i did not want to upset anyone on this site knowing what we all went throw. Thanks for speaking out and we will help you in anyway we can.He told me in all the years he has been fighting cases he has never seen such a low settlement.They would never recover the cost they have into this and i got a strong feeling after it gets certified they will drop the case. My wife and i had a strong feeling we were dropped as part of the deal with Davol. It is all starting to add up because ever law firm i talked to in the USA said they were not doing non ring cases except for the law firm in Cleveland who has not got back to me yet. Be strong and fight on!
Blair trust me
Get back to me and any one else.
[email protected]
Joanna

Anderson, CA

#4696 Nov 14, 2011
wounded wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont accept the offer, unless it is a good amount. I got wounded again this time by attorney and Bard, seriously was offered 18K, not gonna happen. Im going Public, because I did not accept the offer and did not have to sign the confidentiallity agreement.
More info if you need it
send to as many people as you can please.
If that was the amount that you were offered you obviously were not injured as seriously as so many others and therefore had a lower classification. I am sorry for any pain and suffering you have had to endure but at least you did not have to suffer the agony of a ring break. I, for one, am settling. I want this behind me and am ready to move on. I feel my settlement amount offered is more then fair and do not want to take the risk of continuing the battle only to end up with nothing. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
Just me

Mcpherson, KS

#4697 Nov 14, 2011
Lets face it we were warned about Motley Rice along time ago, these are the guys defending the terrorrist that get caught killing Americans.Look it up !
riverrat

Houston, MN

#4698 Nov 14, 2011
thats why i didnt go with the scamers

feel free to state the amounts you get in here so many will no and not get sucked into a penny scam

they will try to scare ya and say this is it but the law says no
riverrat

Houston, MN

#4699 Nov 14, 2011
a friend broke his arm falling off a ladder and got 15000 and is perfect health and thats after all medical and lawyer
the home owner toldem to sue his ins company thats why he has ins

i think i read that the patch companys ins company bailed out on them cause things was so bad with victims with there stuff in there guts and they lied and tried to cover it all up
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4700 Nov 14, 2011
riverrat wrote:
a friend broke his arm falling off a ladder and got 15000 and is perfect health and thats after all medical and lawyer
the home owner toldem to sue his ins company thats why he has ins
i think i read that the patch companys ins company bailed out on them cause things was so bad with victims with there stuff in there guts and they lied and tried to cover it all up
Your right river rat they did get paid by their insurance company.
Token B

Netherlands

#4701 Nov 14, 2011
I'm from Manchester, UK. I had a parietex inserted in my pelvic floor to correct a rectal prolapse 18months ago. In May this year, after a particularly hard time on the loo, I experienced a labour like pain in my vagina and back passage which has not gone away. I also have constant pain in my groin, buttock, hip and down one leg. Before the surgery, I was a healthy and very fit. My surgeon has said that he may have to take the mesh out, but will not say the mesh is causing my problems. I have had a Cat scans and MRI, and these have not shown the cause. I have also had a steroid injection in the spine and this did not help either. As you can imagine, I am not keen to have the mesh removed without a definitive diagnosis, and also, I do not believe my surgeon is qualified enough to remove it.I may very well end up with worse problems than I already have. Every day is hell, and I don't really know which way to turn! Has anyone out there had a problem like this?
djbds

Carmichael, CA

#4705 Nov 15, 2011
If you find this story intriguing or if you believe you have information worth sharing (or if I might be able to help you), PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP. This is in regards to MARLEX MESH. My email: [email protected]
My name is Dave…I am 30yrs old, married, with a 2.5yr old baby girl. I’ve been suffering from chronic pain and PTSD for many years, all following a right inguinal hernia. Im making my story very medically oriented, so if you don’t understand my exact terminology, just ask ;)
12/2004-diagnosed R ing-hernia
1/2005- R Inguinal Herniorapphy (open incicional repair with 8-Marlex Mesh and 2-0 Prolene Sutures. 3wks following, develop increasingly unfamiliar pain (neuropathy, later diagnosed as inguinal nerve entrapment)
4/05- L inguinal herniorapphy (open incisional repair…surgical report simply states a 3x6” piece of mesh was used, not stating the manufacturer) 1month following, develop entrapment neuropathies, slightly less invasive/intense than the R side.
6/05-1/2006- Various RX meds and nerve root blocks (bi-lateral iliac crest…all failed for success)
2/2006- R Triple Neurectomy (FAILED, performed by SAME surgeon as first two hernia repairs. All 3 nerves supposed to be ablated and buried by stump end, but operating team could not locate the ilio-hypogastric)
Late 2006- Peripheral Nerve Stim Trial Implant with success.
Early/Mid 2007- Permanent Implant of PNStim (ANS/St Jude Med EON) with bi-lateral groin lead placement and IPG pocketed in left abdomen below belt-line.
Mid 2007- Removal of PNS system from STAPH INFECTION (6wks after Impant). Gross abcess formation over IPG pocket. Wound care for 4 months: packing OPEN IPG pocket with saline soaked gauze until natural healing occurred.
Mid/Late 07- SECOND implant of PNS system (SJM EON): bilateral groin placement of lead wires (octrode on L and 2xquads on R sides) and IPG pocketed in left abdomen below ribcage.
Mid 2009- Spinal Cord Stimulator TRIAL Implant (@ T11)
8/09- Permanent SCS Implant: SJMed EON Mini IPG pocketed in upper R buttock…THIS DEVICE WAS RECALLED TWICE over the past 3 years. Paddle lead placed @ T-11 (This Paddle was RECALLED in the past 2 years for causing autonomic symptoms and paralysis) with laminectomy AND laminotomy on neighboring vertebrae.
11/2011- REMOVAL of PERIPHERAL NERVE STIM system (SJM EON with bilateral groin lead placement) with gross granulated puss in IPG pocket caused by soft tissue EROSION. Blood and surgical specimen cultures turned up NO infectious diseases or bacteria. This was DIRECTLY caused by the device, according to my doctor (HEAD NEUROSURGEON for UC Davis Medical Center), this was a drastic metal alloy allergy.
djbds

Carmichael, CA

#4706 Nov 15, 2011
CONTINUED from ABOVE!!(Following the previous posting) I’m only 30…been living a life of chronic pain for 6 years now and Im sick and tired of it. I have future medical provision from a workers comp settlement, but I also was left with tens of thousands in debt from medical bills the WC insurer refuses to pay to this day. I went into arbitration against KAISER, particularly towards the surgeon who performed my first 3 operations…it was the LONGEST arbitration proceeding in KAISER HISTORY…with over 7 expert testimonies that firmly concluded that my treatment and surgeries fell well below the standard of care in ALL 3 operations, including several clear acts of malpractice. My primary expert testimony (Dr Lawrence Danto…former head of surgery as a professor at UC Davis) said that discovery of granuloma tissue formed around my hernia mesh bodies, in addition to the discovery of a large neuroma formation at the distal end of one R inguinal nerve body (that was excised during neurectomy); were proof enough, that I was experiencing severe “meshoma” complications that would only get drastically worse and may only be alleviated by mesh removal. MESH REMOVAL was NEVER offered to me throughout my treatment regimens.
If I had to review the list of problems I’ve experienced related to my mesh repairs, I would need a novel. Everything from debilitating pain strikes to electrocution or burning sensations, to hypersensitivity with concurrent numbness, to crawling skin with temperature hypersensitivity, from debilitating bowel/GI pain to destructive genital pain destroying my ability to have a healthy sex life…all of this pain is widespread from my mid front/inner thigh (R) to my hip/mid abdomen…over bilateral to genitalia/rectal region…to L groin/mid abdomen/hip.
I started experiencing postural headaches followed by hemi-paralysis attacks over one year ago. Myelogram confirmed CSF leak @ site of SCS paddle implant. St Jude Medical firmly denies that their products have ANYTHING to do with my problems (even though, as a REPRESENTATIVE for the company, I have actually done media TV spots for them, been featured on their website, and I am one of less than a dozen total patient ambassadors for the company).
I will be going in for SURGERY #11 (Spinal Cord Stim system removal with laminectomy above T11) before 2012…that’s ELEVEN major operations in less than 7 years…ALL starting with a R, then L…inguinal hernia repairs using MARLEX MESH.
MY STORY GETS MUCH MORE COMPLEX THAN THIS…so if you think its worth DIVING into the depths of medical HELL with me, be my guest!! My story is not for the faint of heart…there are MANY disturbing recollections and I’ve PHOTO DOCUMENTED many of my surgery wounds…you will get ILL just taking one look, guaranteed.
BY THE WAY…that Arbitration against Kaiser? Yea, I lost it…because the arbitrator decided that he “did not feel that Dr S did anything wrong.” Yea, that was his conclusion after extensive review of the longest proceeding in Kaiser history, with 7 of 8 expert testimonies favoring me (#8 did not rule in Kaiser’s favor, they just did not FULLY support our argument). The day following the arbitration, the arbitrator had the FULL taped recording of the ENTIRE arbitration proceeding DESTROYED, therefore, NO record of the proceeding exists except for an arbitrators verdict and loads of depositions/testimonies.
IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT…PLEASE…sign my petition. I need MASS amounts of signatures…I believe you all feel that these device companies should be RESPONSIBLE, so I encourage you to SIGN!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/fda-and-us-su...
BY THE WAY, I have MASS amounts of documentation regarding inguinodynia and meshoma…from the highest regarded doctors in the business…so if ANYONE needs ammunition for their “case,” once that day comes…feel free to contact me!!
djbds

Carmichael, CA

#4707 Nov 15, 2011
Continued from above..I’m only 30…been living a life of chronic pain for 6 years now and Im sick and tired of it. I have future medical provision from a workers comp settlement, but I also was left with tens of thousands in debt from medical bills the WC insurer refuses to pay to this day. I went into arbitration against KAISER, particularly towards the surgeon who performed my first 3 operations…it was the LONGEST arbitration proceeding in KAISER HISTORY…with over 7 expert testimonies that firmly concluded that my treatment and surgeries fell well below the standard of care in ALL 3 operations, including several clear acts of malpractice. My primary expert testimony (Dr Lawrence Danto…former head of surgery as a professor at UC Davis) said that discovery of granuloma tissue formed around my hernia mesh bodies, in addition to the discovery of a large neuroma formation at the distal end of one R inguinal nerve body (that was excised during neurectomy); were proof enough, that I was experiencing severe “meshoma” complications that would only get drastically worse and may only be alleviated by mesh removal. MESH REMOVAL was NEVER offered to me throughout my treatment regimens.
If I had to review the list of problems I’ve experienced related to my mesh repairs, I would need a novel. Everything from debilitating pain strikes to electrocution or burning sensations, to hypersensitivity with concurrent numbness, to crawling skin with temperature hypersensitivity, from debilitating bowel/GI pain to destructive genital pain destroying my ability to have a healthy sex life…all of this pain is widespread from my mid front/inner thigh (R) to my hip/mid abdomen…over bilateral to genitalia/rectal region…to L groin/mid abdomen/hip.
I started experiencing postural headaches followed by hemi-paralysis attacks over one year ago. Myelogram confirmed CSF leak @ site of SCS paddle implant. St Jude Medical firmly denies that their products have ANYTHING to do with my problems (even though, as a REPRESENTATIVE for the company, I have actually done media TV spots for them, been featured on their website, and I am one of less than a dozen total patient ambassadors for the company).
I will be going in for SURGERY #11 (Spinal Cord Stim system removal with laminectomy above T11) before 2012…that’s ELEVEN major operations in less than 7 years…ALL starting with a R, then L…inguinal hernia repairs using MARLEX MESH.
MY STORY GETS MUCH MORE COMPLEX THAN THIS…so if you think its worth DIVING into the depths of medical HELL with me, be my guest!! My story is not for the faint of heart…there are MANY disturbing recollections and I’ve PHOTO DOCUMENTED many of my surgery wounds…you will get ILL just taking one look, guaranteed.
BY THE WAY…that Arbitration against Kaiser? Yea, I lost it…because the arbitrator decided that he “did not feel that Dr S did anything wrong.” Yea, that was his conclusion after extensive review of the longest proceeding in Kaiser history, with 7 of 8 expert testimonies favoring me (#8 did not rule in Kaiser’s favor, they just did not FULLY support our argument). The day following the arbitration, the arbitrator had the FULL taped recording of the ENTIRE arbitration proceeding DESTROYED, therefore, NO record of the proceeding exists except for an arbitrators verdict and loads of depositions/testimonies.
IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT…PLEASE…sign my petition. I need MASS amounts of signatures…I believe you all feel that these device companies should be RESPONSIBLE, so I encourage you to SIGN!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/fda-and-us-su...
BY THE WAY, I have MASS amounts of documentation regarding inguinodynia and meshoma…from the highest regarded doctors in the business…so if ANYONE needs ammunition for their “case,” once that day comes…feel free to contact me!!
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4708 Nov 15, 2011
Everyone on here should sign this.Done! You are a smart young man, never give up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Michelle Obama's nutrition facts label will... 1 hr Three Rounds 1
News Family: Calif. toddler declared brain dead move... 3 hr Dr Killdare 5
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 4 hr Hayla 6,823
News Why US smoking rates are declining faster than ... 5 hr Pete 1
News Tulsa Dentist To Face Negligence Charges (Mar '10) 7 hr Dr Mike Hinkle 490
News Smoking may increase kidney disease risk in Afr... 9 hr Drilling for the ... 9
News Novavax gains FDA fast track as it ramps up lat... 16 hr anothervoice 1
More from around the web