Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8197 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

captainsteve

Pensacola, FL

#4456 Sep 9, 2011
I had left inguinal hernia repaired in may 2010. Open repair using AlloDerm to rebuild tnguinal floor. I have had pains in abdomen and groin ever since. This pain feels ro be deep in the pelvic area. At the time of surgery the doctor was shocked to see that what he thought was incacerated bowels at time of diagnosis before surgery was actually a giant hydrocele as he called it. He stated that he repaired this . I returned to him after many trips to ER During exam the surgeon immediately refered me to a urologist. The urologist immediately scheduled me for anorher surgery to correct the hydrocele. My feeling is that the first surgeon did not know what the heck he was doing. The urologist was very careful to not agree with me. the problem is that the first surgeon cut so deep and many areas that he used AlloDerm to civer the opening that he made to expose the problem that he did bot account for. Anyhow over a year later still cannot funtion I cannot run climb ladders or exert myself with light lifting without pain asif something tearing inside, thedoctor says I will now have to baby this as if it were a complicated sports injury and suck it up because he is annoyed at seeing me. This sucks Beware of AlloDerm
steven435

El Dorado Springs, MO

#4457 Sep 10, 2011
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Steven they are not taking any new non ring cases. That really is interesting because more is better. I could not get any info about other cases they are working on. They are doing the cases with pet rings for sure . Thanks for your help.
blair look into gary shipman north caralina.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#4458 Sep 10, 2011
steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>blair look into gary shipman north caralina.
Thanks Steven. I got on with a law firm in Ohio, that are doing non ring cases. They were great to deal with and told me they had twelve other canadians on file. They said they will get back to me in six weeks with an update. Steven at least we know they are still fighting our cases. I would like to find more clients for them so if you are reading this and don't have a law firm they will take you on if you had a Bard / Davol mesh nightmare.
annagrivera

United States

#4459 Sep 10, 2011
Have you all read posted in The New York Times about a lady in New York in around 2003 that had a hernia repair and a mesh was put in and she began experiencing poor health she complained of her bones and muscles hurting real bad well she said studies were done and it turns out that after a few years of having the mesh inside it gave her a side effect of causing this problem supposedly she was near death? I'v had a hernia repair in 2003 and since then I have been experiencing with problems and I thought of having Fibro Myalgia and maybe its the mesh all along???What do you all think?
steven435

El Dorado Springs, MO

#4460 Sep 10, 2011
annagrivera wrote:
Have you all read posted in The New York Times about a lady in New York in around 2003 that had a hernia repair and a mesh was put in and she began experiencing poor health she complained of her bones and muscles hurting real bad well she said studies were done and it turns out that after a few years of having the mesh inside it gave her a side effect of causing this problem supposedly she was near death? I'v had a hernia repair in 2003 and since then I have been experiencing with problems and I thought of having Fibro Myalgia and maybe its the mesh all along???What do you all think?
most of us on this post have the same problems,just try getting a sergion to agree!!!!
From AZ

Gilbert, AZ

#4461 Sep 10, 2011
annagrivera wrote:
I have repeated myself too many times on this sites, perhaps you can read my preposts, but yes the mesh has poisoned out bodies and we have to live with the negative effects for the rest of our lives. There are only handful of surgeon who will believe you and those are in the University systems and they don't use the mesh unless they do all kinds of tests prior and at a last resort. Keep research on the internet, you will find answers like most of us did. You probably won't be happy with what you find, but at least you will find the facts and know what you are up against.

May God help you and us all...
tammy

Sioux Falls, SD

#4462 Sep 10, 2011
Will the law firm in Ohio take on cases involving other brands of mesh ( in this case, Parietex)?
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#4463 Sep 11, 2011
tammy wrote:
Will the law firm in Ohio take on cases involving other brands of mesh ( in this case, Parietex)?
Tammy in your case Parietex made by Covidien has a big share in the mesh market but i cannot find any lawsuits that have been started. Pick up the phone,all large law firms have a toll free number and ask if they are doing Parietex,it will be a yes or no but keep trying. Also fill out the case evaluation on the Law firms sites. Start with this number 1-888-778-8880 and ask a law firm clerk.This number does not work from Canada. Its up to you to get a law firm interested in your case and the rest will fall in place. Lots more people with mesh problems from Parietex.
wolf99

AOL

#4464 Sep 11, 2011
annagrivera wrote:
Wow Ok now I know that I am not having my mind gone. Ok I stop taken all my meds for I sure thought that they were causing side effects which could be. My doc don't know but thats another story...... Any way I get the all over body effect of Fibro Myalgia, but research of that subject can take you deeper into muscle tissue problems yeast problems etc.... But the Fib. Myal, problems come on to me just before the weather changes. I thought last weekend I was going to die. Everything hurt deep in pain. I got one area where a trocar port is and seems not to of closed up properly. So I got to ask has doctors come out and said that Fib Myal a side effect from hernia mesh surgery? I got to say its been almost three weeks I quit taking reg meds, for thyroid, bp med UI Bladder I feel alot better offf them but not totally. Thanks for your post.
Worried

Belleville, MI

#4465 Sep 11, 2011
LEE wrote:
I HAD SURGERY FOR LEFT SIDE INGUINAL HERNIA.NOTHING WENT LIKE I WAS TOLD BY SURGEON.I WAS IN RECOVERY FOR 7 HRS.I HAD MARLEX mesh extra large plug,has been 2months have burning pain in testical down leg and aroound hip.I went to different surgeon for help ,he suspects some type nerve damage,says pain clinic can target which nerve or nerves to correct problem.does any one know can nerve damage resolved easily?ALSO is there a surgeon in Michigan who will remove mesh / plug ?

Hello Lee, I have to have my mesh removed becuase of the problems I have been having with it. I live in Michiagn and can you tell me what Surgeon who did you surgary. Am very worried and have 6 kids and need to try to get better for them. Am not doing well and have been getting sicker. Am have had to be on Antibiotic for over a year. If you can give me any information that would be great. Thank you
steven435

El Dorado Springs, MO

#4466 Sep 12, 2011
have enouph of the plaintiffs excepted the settlment.and if so are you satisfide with the amounts ?
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#4467 Sep 12, 2011
steven435 wrote:
have enouph of the plaintiffs excepted the settlment.and if so are you satisfide with the amounts ?
Steven not many would agree to 70,000 if this is the true amount. Read below.

http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/settlements-kuge...
Quishia

Dallas, TX

#4468 Sep 12, 2011
Hello my name is niquishia n i had a ventral hernia repair in july of 07 n it popped back out so i went in again where i was told that i would have to have another repair this time they put in a Gore tex dual mesh tht was supposed to keep the hernia from bulging. Well that didnt work and all i have been having is pain in my abdomin faintness spells nausea pain thats sore to the touch and sometimes stops me in my tracks a feeling of food being caught behind it and sometimes cant eat full meal if anyone can help me get started on locating someone to take this case please email niquishiamoore18@yahoo.com
NorCal

Redding, CA

#4469 Sep 12, 2011
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Steven not many would agree to 70,000 if this is the true amount. Read below.
http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/settlements-kuge...
WTH?! I have over $200,000 in medical bills that I'm responsible for since I don't have insurance AND I still need more surgeries!$70,000 is a slap in the face especially if the lawyers would just do their jobs, goto trial and get us million dollar verdicts!
tracey delehanty

West Warwick, RI

#4470 Sep 13, 2011
my husband had 3operations in 2008.2009 he was told he had hepatitis . 2010 he died of liver failure.i know it was the mesh patch.i went to 3 lawyers they said we didnt have a case. however i believe it was due to the mesh patch.they are still pputting them in people.
KPG

Beaverton, OR

#4471 Sep 13, 2011
I'm a 67 year old male. I've had 3 ventral hernia surgeries. The first operation 15 years ago was only a stitch repair. The second (five years ago) was a mesh repair. Prior to the third repair (two years ago) I had severe pain attacks which would only affect the upper right part of my body and last for 3-7 minutes and totally go away. My third surgery was postphoned because it was thought the pain came from heart issues (my heart, my arteries and blood pressure is in excellent condition. After that was eliminated as a cause, I had my third ventral hernia surgery. In none of the surgeries were there any complications.I still regularly get the this pain attack but Tums helps shorten the episodes. Recently, though, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with real pain in the general area of the ventral operations lasting two, three, four hours. Has anyone had similar ventral hernia problems that have developed a significant time after the operation?
All Meshed Up

Montrose, CO

#4473 Sep 14, 2011
NorCal wrote:
<quoted text>WTH?! I have over $200,000 in medical bills that I'm responsible for since I don't have insurance AND I still need more surgeries!$70,000 is a slap in the face especially if the lawyers would just do their jobs, goto trial and get us million dollar verdicts!
I don't think it will get much better. There are too many loop holes i.e. the Dr. messed up, the Dr didn't install it properly, the patient went back to work to soon blah blah. The only people benefitting are the lawyers. I've had 5 surgeries and 2 meshs. Now they are blaming each other for the damage done. Nobody wants to admit that no matter what...THE MESH DID IT!
From AZ

Gilbert, AZ

#4474 Sep 15, 2011
KPG wrote:
I'm a 67 year old male. I've had 3 ventral hernia surgeries. The first operation 15 years ago was only a stitch repair. The second (five years ago) was a mesh repair. Prior to the third repair (two years ago) I had severe pain attacks which would only affect the upper right part of my body and last for 3-7 minutes and totally go away. My third surgery was postphoned because it was thought the pain came from heart issues (my heart, my arteries and blood pressure is in excellent condition. After that was eliminated as a cause, I had my third ventral hernia surgery. In none of the surgeries were there any complications.I still regularly get the this pain attack but Tums helps shorten the episodes. Recently, though, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with real pain in the general area of the ventral operations lasting two, three, four hours. Has anyone had similar ventral hernia problems that have developed a significant time after the operation?
Yes, your body is building adhesions and since intestines are in constant motion your pain will come and go as well. I'm sure if you eat larger or more difficult to digestive foods you have more pain as well. The mesh causes inflammations not just near the mesh but the entire body.
justme

Pocatello, ID

#4476 Sep 15, 2011
CaptainSsteve, My sugestion to you is go to the hospital and retreive you medical records on the surgury, once you have the lot numbers and product codes check the recall dates then contact the hospital and find out why you have not been contacted or informed about the recall.

http://www.drugrecalls.com/index/34-dug-recal...
justme

Pocatello, ID

#4477 Sep 15, 2011
tracey delehanty wrote:
my husband had 3operations in 2008.2009 he was told he had hepatitis . 2010 he died of liver failure.i know it was the mesh patch.i went to 3 lawyers they said we didnt have a case. however i believe it was due to the mesh patch.they are still pputting them in people.
Hello tracey delehanty, I am sorry for your loss, have you recovered you husbands medical records to date? if not do so! what kind of mesh ie kugel, the lot number and product code. if it is a kugle mesh then you should be able to sign on with the mdl, and yes davol is still selling kugel mesh, I got a new redesigned kugel patch in december of 2008, the Mdl litigation is accepting all of the kugle duel mesh with ring, I was accepted in the mdl 1852. you never know you could be too the law firm I go to is the miller firm 1-800-882-2525

Tracy, the law firm will need the type of mesh, product code and lot number, as far as I know they are doing the kugle mesh. god blees and nand good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brain circuits link obsessive-compulsive behavi... (Jun '13) 39 min Jaimie 8
News Researchers unravel a genetic link with autisti... 1 hr VACCINES CAUSE ADHD 3
News Still more questions than answers about ADHD 1 hr VACCINES CAUSE ADHD 1
News New chiropractic tool treats back pain without ... (Apr '08) 4 hr bobb 240
News Drink-related hospitalisations rise 5 hr INDICT JOHN BOEHNER 2
News Judge awards billions to Quebec smokers 5 hr LAVON AFFAIR 2
News California Senate approves bill to raise smokin... 6 hr Sedgewick P Hunsa... 9
More from around the web