Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8249 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

ALS

Azusa, CA

#3651 Aug 20, 2010
Howie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a word. There was a newspaper article but I tried making some calls and nobody has any information. Stay tuned everyone...
I received an email stating that they had contact with Dr. Ramshaw secretary and he is supposed to resume his practice in Sept. or Oct. in the Daytona area of Florida. I am not familiar with the area at all
as I have never been to Florida. Dr. Ramshaw is supposed to be patient friendly and according to someone who posted on Dr. Goodyear's board some years back, known as the "Gentle Giant".
I understand now that the University of Missouri where he has left is patient friendly from some web search I conducted. I can no longer find the link but this may be in response to Dr. Ramshaw leaving.
Emerson

Azusa, CA

#3652 Aug 20, 2010
If anyone has insurance, I am not sure if Noinsurance Surgery in Las Vegas with Dr. Kevin Petersen takes insurance anymore. Has anyone gone to him with good results?
DONNA88

Eureka, IL

#3653 Aug 20, 2010
steven435 wrote:
closeing arguments in thourpe trial tomarow,keep your fingers cross'.i hope this jury is not blind and dedff like in the whitfield trial.GOOD LUCK CHRISTOPHER!!!!!!!

Good Luck please keep us information comming
Allen

Hillsboro, KS

#3654 Aug 20, 2010
That's an old legal manuver to end your argument on Friday and hope the jury will make a quick answer to get it over with, the fact they didn't is a good sign they take this seriously and will continue Monday, time will tell. These are the cases where rings actually broke. This can take a long time, but the longer it takes, the deeper it gets.
Lois

Red Deer, Canada

#3655 Aug 21, 2010
Blair wrote:
My doctor did not report my complications. It is up to you. Bruce is right fill out the adverse event report. My health care provider was not informed about the mesh and they said Bard/Davol discontinued the product. The mesh was never reported by them and when i sent the proof about the mesh complications i never got a reply back. Good old Medicare you are just a number. Download a copy from this site.
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/HowToRepor...
Blair- Are you from down east in Canada? We are moving to NS as soon as our home sells here in Alberta. Do you know any Drs. down there (like in Halifax) that take out mesh? Thanks!
Blair

Beresford, Canada

#3656 Aug 21, 2010
Lois wrote:
<quoted text>
Blair- Are you from down east in Canada? We are moving to NS as soon as our home sells here in Alberta. Do you know any Drs. down there (like in Halifax) that take out mesh? Thanks!
Lois yes i am and before you leave Alberta find a doctor in central canada. Phone the Shouldice Hospital in Toronto they will not do it but are aware of the mesh problems. They might recommend someone. You will not have much luck down east. Medicare has to pay and you have rights and if you don't fight for mesh removal you will not get it. Don't take no from a doctor get a referral and move on. Your operation will be complex so ask questions to the ladies on this site. Welcome to the Maritimes, you will love it! Ask a lot of questions on this site and you will get answers.
chris

Warwick, RI

#3657 Aug 21, 2010
Hope the jury finds in favor of chris and his family soon.
Lois

Red Deer, Canada

#3658 Aug 21, 2010
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Lois yes i am and before you leave Alberta find a doctor in central canada. Phone the Shouldice Hospital in Toronto they will not do it but are aware of the mesh problems. They might recommend someone. You will not have much luck down east. Medicare has to pay and you have rights and if you don't fight for mesh removal you will not get it. Don't take no from a doctor get a referral and move on. Your operation will be complex so ask questions to the ladies on this site. Welcome to the Maritimes, you will love it! Ask a lot of questions on this site and you will get answers.
Thanks Blair, I'll do some checking around and see what I can find out. Yes, I beleive we'll love it down East, my son and his family live there, and we have had the opportunity to visit and look around.
alaitain

Wichita, KS

#3659 Aug 22, 2010
steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>over [3,000] of us have had trouble with hernia sergery in our body's, i think maybe yours was a brain hernia.i will try to find the number for you of the head engery foundation!!!!!
im laughing at your comment.
head surgery!
well i dont have any pain or discomforant from my hernia surgery, im healing up really fast. i even talked to my surgeon about all the comments that have been said.
and i told him, i have read over 50 comments and im the only 1 who is postive.
i asked him, if so many people are in such back shape after the same kind of surgery i had, then why hasnt it been stopped?
i dont even have brusing.
one thing about me is, i dont smoke, drink or take drugs. well ok. tylenol.
i have lost 10#
so, you can complain all you want. because now i wont be coming on this site or reply back to any of the comments any more.
get a life people.
stop comlaining.
hernia surgery isnt that bad.
its all about negative on this site.
if all of your surgerys were so bad, part of it was your fault also, you agreed to have the surgery, you read and signed the paper work.
so good luck with all your complaining.
after all, its better to complain then to be honest.
my hernia surgery is perfect.
alaitain

Wichita, KS

#3660 Aug 22, 2010
to all who are complaining about your hernia surgery,
my surgery went great.
im not having any problems.

im healing up fast.

i had a good doctor.

im happy i had my 2 hernia removed/repaired
now i can bend and walk better.
and my stomach area is softer.

i thank my doctor.
for his help.

feeling better is what its all about.
i wont be responding to any more comments in this forum.

bye .
good luck to all .

i guess im that 1 in a 100 who is happy.
steven435

Plattsburg, MO

#3661 Aug 22, 2010
alaitain F--K Y-U.!!!!!!(P.S.TWISE)
in the dark

AOL

#3662 Aug 23, 2010
alaitain wrote:
to all who are complaining about your hernia surgery,
my surgery went great.
im not having any problems.
im healing up fast.
i had a good doctor.
im happy i had my 2 hernia removed/repaired
now i can bend and walk better.
and my stomach area is softer.
i thank my doctor.
for his help.
feeling better is what its all about.
i wont be responding to any more comments in this forum.
bye .
good luck to all .
i guess im that 1 in a 100 who is happy.
08/23/10, Then with so much room to post here why don't you post and tell everyone here who you went to. So that everyone else can post positive remarks.
Blair

Miramichi, Canada

#3663 Aug 23, 2010
Still waiting for jury decision. Judge Lisa starts a new pretrial case tomorrow. Good luck Thorpe family. Keep watching the trial minutes they are going to post the verdict soon.
Joseph Abramo

Las Vegas, NV

#3664 Aug 23, 2010
. I am 58 years old. I live in Las Vegas since 1986. For the past 8 years my life has been nothing but assaulted and degraded by the medical community. In a recent national recall by the Davol Bard composix Kugel Hernia Patch people, In 2007 they had a national recall on one of their hernia patch, but only recalled one of batch number due to the center ring of the patch breaking and tearing through the body organs and straggling the small intestines like it did to me,and almost put an end to my life but that left me out of their recall. The scope of the recall was to narrow, I have the product number with a number 1, the first defected one, I believe this because of what happened to me, and their recall is with the number 2. Please read my story of what this patch did to me, I had all the same complications, but because of this technology now I'm dealing with all the rejections from the medical people and the attorneys. I also need to wear a uncomfortable abdomen binder forever because of a big bulge in the left middle of my abdomen and now my body is deformed, and again this I believe, that my doctor started to reject me from my last 2 visits to him. I felt his tiredness of dealing with me. I never got any more help from him. He told me to find someone else. My ability of life is diminishing and aging, because I can't do the things you can do to keep you strong. Please could you contact the Davol Bard Company and give them this information so I could be compensated, I would very much thank you. I all ready tried three years ago. Please help me put an end to my rejected feeling of this matter. Thank You
John Whitfields family

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3665 Aug 23, 2010
Mr. Thorpe won his case.
Tom in NC

Raleigh, NC

#3666 Aug 23, 2010
John Whitfields family wrote:
Mr. Thorpe won his case.
Fantastic!
Allen

Hillsboro, KS

#3667 Aug 23, 2010
My lawyer said they got 1.5 million.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#3668 Aug 23, 2010
John Whitfields family wrote:
Mr. Thorpe won his case.
Thank you for the great news! I hope your case will be appealed. Your case proved the mesh had design problems. We all hope John is doing well.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#3669 Aug 23, 2010
1.3 million to Christopher Thorpe and 200,000 to Laure Thorpe for loss of consortium. The trial minutes are updated.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#3670 Aug 24, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1st city to ban smoking inside restaurants, Win... 18 min ADDICTIONS KILL 71
News California takes many hits, large and small, in... 7 hr Solarman 1
News Malaria Growing Resistant to Drugs Used to Figh... (Aug '14) 12 hr Megan 2
News Do Community Treatment Orders violate human rig... 15 hr Humanspirit 1
News Should Doctors Speculate About the President's ... 15 hr Humanspirit 1
News Scientology linked anti-psychiatry exhibit in D... 15 hr Humanspirit 5
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Tue Kagome15 7,205
More from around the web