Chicago indoor e-cigarette smoking ban takes effect today

Apr 29, 2014 Full story: Chicago Tribune 228

Starting today, Chicagoans will have to do their vaping outside as a ban on electronic cigarettes in indoor public places takes effect.

Full Story
Ho Lee Chyt

Ruther Glen, VA

#217 Jun 14, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<tquoted text>
Liar.
Show me where I posted against "GLBT" and I will stop calling you a liar!
Liar
You have said many bad things about GLBT. You just don't like them.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#218 Jun 14, 2014
Ho Lee Chyt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have said many bad things about GLBT. You just don't like them.
You are a liar
Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#219 Jun 14, 2014
BillDuckman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take no money from you. I don't even know you. I get food money from the state. If my job paid me more I wouldn't need food money. I got as much right as you do to relax and smoking relaxes me.
Where do you think the state gets their money from? You got it, the tax paying public in the state. It is your fault you never aspired to do better for a family you created. Find a better paying job. Oh you can't, Obama fixed that? We understand. Clown.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#220 Jun 14, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you think the state gets their money from? You got it, the tax paying public in the state. It is your fault you never aspired to do better for a family you created. Find a better paying job. Oh you can't, Obama fixed that? We understand. Clown.
The money comes from cigarette taxis. We pay enough to pay for almost all of government. You should be happy we are here so you don't pay lots of taxis like we do. It is only right that I get money to buy food with. I don't like Obamacare because it costs too much. I have to pay almost $70.00 a month for coverage for me and my family. If non smokers would just kick in their fare share, I wouldn't have to pay anything for insurence. Its is greedy people like you who hurt hard workers like me You want to take away everything that I pay for.
Ho Lee Chyt

Hot Springs, VA

#221 Jun 14, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar
You talked bad about GLBT. Just admit it and ask forgiveness
MnNative

Saint Paul, MN

#222 Jun 14, 2014
Join CASAA Fight for your right to cape!

http://blog.casaa.org/2014/06/third-call-to-a...
smokefree

Carmel, IN

#224 Jun 14, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
This addiction nonsense is something control freaks want to believe, not something that is true. Anyone smoking tobacco for no matter how many years, even decades can cold turkey quit smoking with no aids, no propaganda from you. You pander addiction nonsense because you want people to believe they are victims. Yes, you're a pansy. I stopped smoking because of the various government's taxation and anti-tobacco mania. Just as predicted, the States and the Federal governments are in increasingly bad financial straights because of their control freak policies.
All scientific studies have shown unequivocally there is no bad health effects from second hand smoke. The largest study by the World Health Organization showed that children raised in homes with smoking parents are actually buffered against cancer statistically.
Actually, kids around second hand smoke are known to have lower IQ's and a higher rate of ear and upper respiratory infections. Children with asthma are especially at risk when exposed to second hand smoke.
smokefree

Carmel, IN

#225 Jun 14, 2014
BillDuckman wrote:
<quoted text>The money comes from cigarette taxis. We pay enough to pay for almost all of government. You should be happy we are here so you don't pay lots of taxis like we do. It is only right that I get money to buy food with. I don't like Obamacare because it costs too much. I have to pay almost $70.00 a month for coverage for me and my family. If non smokers would just kick in their fare share, I wouldn't have to pay anything for insurence. Its is greedy people like you who hurt hard workers like me You want to take away everything that I pay for.
You're a hoot....sponging off the taxpayers using obamacare as a smoker.$70 a month wouldn't cover the well care benefits....not even close. The taxes you spend on cigs probably don't exceed $300 a year. You're a troll.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#226 Jun 14, 2014
smokefree wrote:
<quoted text>You're a hoot....sponging off the taxpayers using obamacare as a smoker.$70 a month wouldn't cover the well care benefits....not even close. The taxes you spend on cigs probably don't exceed $300 a year. You're a troll.
Cigarette taxis where I live are $3.63 a pack. I smoke 2 packs a day. My wife smokes 1 and my oldest son smokers 1. That means my family is paying about $5300 a year in taxis. I bet you don't pay cloose to that amount in taxis. So quite complaining about my getting money back. I out also pay about $850 a year on top of that for health for my family/ I still have to pay $10 for a prescript. Asprin only costs like $1 a bottle so why does it cost ten times as much to make another pill? I have to buy advair for my youngest girl. If I didn't have to pay 10 bucks for that I could afford to refill it every time she runs out. For the money I pay, it should be free.
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#227 Jun 15, 2014
Ho Lee Chyt wrote:
<quoted text>
You talked bad about GLBT. Just admit it and ask forgiveness
Liar
Ho Lee Chyt

Hot Springs, VA

#228 Jun 15, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>kip
Liar
Just admit that you don't like GLBT. Own up to the bad things you said
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#229 Jun 15, 2014
Ho Lee Chyt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admit that you don't like GLBT. Own up to the bad things you said
Show me the "bad things" I said, liar!
THE GREEN WATCH DOG

Oklahoma City, OK

#230 Jun 15, 2014
BillDuckman wrote:
<quoted text>
Cigarette taxis where I live are $3.63 a pack. I smoke 2 packs a day. My wife smokes 1 and my oldest son smokers 1. That means my family is paying about $5300 a year in taxis. I bet you don't pay cloose to that amount in taxis. So quite complaining about my getting money back. I out also pay about $850 a year on top of that for health for my family/ I still have to pay $10 for a prescript. Asprin only costs like $1 a bottle so why does it cost ten times as much to make another pill? I have to buy advair for my youngest girl. If I didn't have to pay 10 bucks for that I could afford to refill it every time she runs out. For the money I pay, it should be free.
5300 a year in taxis is still not enough for you and your family to justify in smoking any where. I am set to propose ban ing smoking while driving.Make I'd it a DUI offense.
Smokefree

Carmel, IN

#231 Jun 15, 2014
THE GREEN WATCH DOG wrote:
<quoted text>5300 a year in taxis is still not enough for you and your family to justify in smoking any where. I am set to propose ban ing smoking while driving.Make I'd it a DUI offense.
Bill, that you? I can't imagine there could be anyone in this same thread who would spell taxes the way you do.$5300 is a voluntary tax. You should have no reason to complain about it.
Smokefree

Carmel, IN

#232 Jun 15, 2014
BillDuckman wrote:
<quoted text>
Cigarette taxis where I live are $3.63 a pack. I smoke 2 packs a day. My wife smokes 1 and my oldest son smokers 1. That means my family is paying about $5300 a year in taxis. I bet you don't pay cloose to that amount in taxis. So quite complaining about my getting money back. I out also pay about $850 a year on top of that for health for my family/ I still have to pay $10 for a prescript. Asprin only costs like $1 a bottle so why does it cost ten times as much to make another pill? I have to buy advair for my youngest girl. If I didn't have to pay 10 bucks for that I could afford to refill it every time she runs out. For the money I pay, it should be free.
Asthma is a common condition for children of smokers. You should be ashamed. 850 a year in health insurance is a bargain especially when you have such a small copayment for an expensive prescription. No doubt taxpayers are footing the bill. I wish I only have to pay 5300 in taxes.
Ho Lee Chyt

Casanova, VA

#233 Jun 16, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the "bad things" I said, liar!
You defended xxxrayted's anti GLBT positions.
Ask forgiveness and it will be given
People please

Canyon Country, CA

#234 Jun 16, 2014
xxxrayted was responsible for the anti-lgbt comment, boo ya was responsible for the anti-abortion comment. They did not back each other up on them. Not on this thread.
LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

Winnipeg, Canada

#235 Jun 16, 2014
smokefree wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, kids around second hand smoke are known to have lower IQ's and a higher rate of ear and upper respiratory infections. Children with asthma are especially at risk when exposed to second hand smoke.
Lower IQ'S .... YEP
Smokefree

Carmel, IN

#236 Jun 17, 2014
People please wrote:
xxxrayted was responsible for the anti-lgbt comment, boo ya was responsible for the anti-abortion comment. They did not back each other up on them. Not on this thread.
Surely you must know by now that many folks do not stick with a 'party' line. Regardless of their positions, I am relieved to know some people will not be drug by the nose ring by their political party.
Smokefree

Carmel, IN

#237 Jun 17, 2014
If you follow the advertising trail you should be able to see they are not seeking out a very bright population. Parents who smoke around their kids are at the very bottom of the food chain...and the cycle goes on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Propecia - Stops Hair Loss (Jan '10) 35 min paigeford 51
Women experience hair loss but not balding as such (Jan '08) 36 min paigeford 6
Petaluma City Council OKs tough smoking ban (Jan '13) 52 min kutenhat 68
Planning Your Long-Term Care Strategy? 5 Things... 2 hr Cheska Ramirez 1
Why I take my daughter with me to the gynecologist 4 hr John Fleitman 2
Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center, Inc. Pa... 7 hr Weedhopper 1
Hearing tests, hearing aids, and Medicare 8 hr Pavlos Lombardi 5
More from around the web