Diflucan For Oral Thrush Treatment

Aug 10, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NowPublic

Diflucan for oral thrush is use because this infection is cause by yeast or fungus pathogen in the area of the mouth and tongue. via NowPublic

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Dec 3, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

Puerto Rico

#1 Dec 28, 2007
I foung great blog about yeast infection in
http://yeastinfectionadvise.blogspot.com
Anica

Luxembourg

#3 May 5, 2009
and this one about nail fungus http://www.nail-fungus-treatment.org/
Anton Volokhov

Kerhonkson, NY

#4 Jul 15, 2009
After battling with thrush (and still battling it now) I have come to the conclusion that Diflucan (fluconozole) is the most effective way of dealing with oral thrush. If you cannot get Diflucan by prescription immediately, here are some tips to help relieve the pain and agony of thrush:

1. Eat raw garlic: it's an immune system booster!
2. Eat raw onions: known to heal the lesions in your mouth
3. AVOID SUGAR AND STARCH! You want to make the thrush worse? Then stay out of the pantry. I know, I nearly died too.
4. Avoid taking anti-biotics during thrush. It only makes it grow worse. I know. So NO Cephalexin (Rx only)!
5. Clotrimazole (Rx only) is not a great way of getting rid of thrush either so don't bother with it.
6. Drink plenty of fluids, water specifically.
7. If you can get an Rx, then ask for Lidocaine. This will numb your mouth so that you may eat while you have thrush. I know many of you are probably struggling to eat anything without pain. It's a local anistetic you take 3x a day. Gargle and spit. Done...numbed mouth! Just don't swallow!!!!
8. Get a good night's rest of course.
9. Take multi vitamins to boost your immune system, Centrum is a good one.
10. EAT YOGURT!!! It contains cultures which KILL thrush! You have to hold it in your mouth for about a minute before swallowing it. Afterwards you can't drink for 30 minutes. Have to let the good bacteria do their jobs.

Hope this helps.
mboy

New Orleans, LA

#6 Oct 11, 2009
I have been dealing with Thrush on the tongue for about 3-4 weeks now. I am in good health, take vitamins, and excercise regularly. So I was trying to figure how I could have gotten this condition. So here what happened. I had recently quit smoking months ago and started chewing Nicorette Gum.(Cinnamon Flavor) I guess at times I probably overdid it with the gum chewing. Somehow both sides on my tongue and a little on the top of my tongue developed this Thrush. I didn't know what was going on. It got pretty painful. My doctor had me start taking Probiotic Acidophilis which I purchased over the counter at the local drug store. I also started eating Yogert daily. This helped but didn't go far enough to cure my problem. Finally the doctor prescribed a mouth rinse called Nystatin. This did the trick. I have been rinsing about 4 times daily and although the healing process was slow - my condition has improved dramatically! The Thrush is almost completely cleared up.
Caroline Finch

Germany

#9 Nov 2, 2010
I've tried both original brand and generic pills. There is no difference in effectiveness as far as I can tell between the brand and Indian generic versions. The real difference is price, no comparison. And the India suppliers from http://allbestmeds.info seem honest and reliable.
Mike d

Flushing, NY

#10 Nov 27, 2010
mboy wrote:
I have been dealing with Thrush on the tongue for about 3-4 weeks now. I am in good health, take vitamins, and excercise regularly. So I was trying to figure how I could have gotten this condition. So here what happened. I had recently quit smoking months ago and started chewing Nicorette Gum.(Cinnamon Flavor) I guess at times I probably overdid it with the gum chewing. Somehow both sides on my
tongue and a little on the top of my tongue developed this Thrush. I didn't know what was going on. It got pretty painful. My doctor had me start taking Probiotic Acidophilis
which I purchased over the counter at the local drug store. I also started eating Yogert daily. This helped but didn't go far enough to
cure my problem. Finally the doctor prescribed a mouth rinse called Nystatin. This did the trick. I have been rinsing about 4 times daily and although the healing
process was slow - my condition has improved dramatically! The Thrush is almost completely cleared up.
I was wondering if your doctor told you that quitting smoking could have caused the thrush . I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and now I have thrush . That it would be opposite , if I had thrush then it would clear with smoking cessation . I also finished 5 day course of avelox but that was 4 weeks prior to thrush break out . Did not think it was from Antonines being it was 4 weeks ago . Anyhow , just wondering if the quitting smoking per ms could cause thrush ?
Emma

San Antonio, TX

#11 Mar 4, 2011
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Diflucan) myameritrust.com/products/diflucan.htm... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
Ouch

Freetown, IN

#15 Nov 27, 2011
I also developed thrush after stopping smoking.
Lori

Houston, TX

#16 Jan 21, 2012
To those who stated they developed thrush after cessation of smoking, this is not the cause. In the incident that the individual used cinnamon flavored Nicorette Gum is the reason they developed thrush. Cinnamon has natural bactericidal properties, so by chewing a lot of cinnamon gum the individual killed of the natural flora of bacteria in his/her mouth allowing the yeast, Candidia to take hold in the mouth and cause thrush. So don't over due it on any cinnamon flavored gum to avoid developing thrush.
954manontopatgma il

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Aug 8, 2012
mboy wrote:
I have been dealing with Thrush on the tongue for about 3-4 weeks now. I am in good health, take vitamins, and excercise regularly. So I was trying to figure how I could have gotten this condition. So here what happened. I had recently quit smoking months ago and started chewing Nicorette Gum.(Cinnamon Flavor) I guess at times I probably overdid it with the gum chewing. Somehow both sides on my tongue and a little on the top of my tongue developed this Thrush. I didn't know what was going on. It got pretty painful. My doctor had me start taking Probiotic Acidophilis which I purchased over the counter at the local drug store. I also started eating Yogert daily. This helped but didn't go far enough to cure my problem. Finally the doctor prescribed a mouth rinse called Nystatin. This did the trick. I have been rinsing about 4 times daily and although the healing process was slow - my condition has improved dramatically! The Thrush is almost completely cleared up.
. I have the same exact story except regular gum! I have thrush in my mouth now as well! I am using apple cider vinegar and rising my mouth 6 times a day! It has stopped the thrush growth but is hurting my gums just as bad! I'm also taking probiotics, and using yogurt in my mouth three times a day. 954manontop@gmail if you have any other tips that will keep me out of the dr's office!
Arf

Avon, IN

#21 Oct 18, 2012
I stopped smoking 10 months ago and within a week had thrush so bad I couldnt swallow. My tongue was twice its normal size. I did some research online and was so scared at 1:00 am that I was going to suffocate, I went and bought cigarettes. I cried while smoking the 1st one( I soooo was ready to quit), the thrush immediately started getting better and was gone in 2 days. My friend gets horrible canker sores when he quits, several visits to 5 different doctors and none of them told him it was from stopping smoking. Ive used no gum, chantix, or anything else. I quit again 18 days ago and the thrush is back, im taking acidopholous and eating yogurt every day. Its not as bad as before. Im gargling sometimes with cider vinegar and other times with tea tree oil. I have never had thrush at any other time in my life. The thrush makes it 2x as hard to stay off the nicotine, but Im being strong.
Sandy

United States

#22 Oct 21, 2012
I got thrush from an inhaler Qvar . You're supposed rinse and gargle after use.I did and it started with a sore throat and headache.I thought my cold was just getting worse.Until my tongue got really sore too.Started in the back of my tongue.And really sore.You can buy nystatin without a prescription.Its for birds,it's called medistatin.
I hope I helped someone with this post.
Arf wrote:
I stopped smoking 10 months ago and within a week had thrush so bad I couldnt swallow. My tongue was twice its normal size. I did some research online and was so scared at 1:00 am that I was going to suffocate, I went and bought cigarettes. I cried while smoking the 1st one( I soooo was ready to quit), the thrush immediately started getting better and was gone in 2 days. My friend gets horrible canker sores when he quits, several visits to 5 different doctors and none of them told him it was from stopping smoking. Ive used no gum, chantix, or anything else. I quit again 18 days ago and the thrush is back, im taking acidopholous and eating yogurt every day. Its not as bad as before. Im gargling sometimes with cider vinegar and other times with tea tree oil. I have never had thrush at any other time in my life. The thrush makes it 2x as hard to stay off the nicotine, but Im being strong.
Mark

Ohrid, Macedonia

#24 Jan 8, 2013
This is so strange, but i got thrush after stopping smoking for 7 days. Is there any reasonable explanation about this?
Ouch wrote:
I also developed thrush after stopping smoking.
annieg

Blauvelt, NY

#25 Jan 12, 2013
I get thrush when I'm stressed. I've never smoked, but quitting smoking is clearly stressful so it would make sense that it could precipitate an outbreak. Also, nicotine and other elements of smoke may well kill a lot of things in your oral environment, good and bad - when you stop, the candida, which is always around, probably takes advantage of the fact that good bacteria are scarce.

Since: Jan 13

Tashkent, Uzbekistan

#26 Jan 12, 2013
If you want to learn more about Diflucan
How to use
Drug Class and Mechanism
Missed Dose
Storage
Warnings/Precautions
Possible Side Effects
Drug Prices
Get 10% discount pharmacy coupon! Coupon code: newyear
http://cpcctoday.com/Diflucan
We thank you for visiting!!!
Jo sowton

Birmingham, UK

#30 Feb 4, 2013
you can buy difflucan mouth wash from boots but its costs are 16 pounds, since then I have been and purchased some at asda a generic but still difflucan for under 7.00 pounds Tesco and sainsburys now do the same. it is brilliant for oral thrush, when taking long term antibiotics, which you should stop if this occurs and consult your doctor, eat plain yoghurt, and if the thrush is vaginal use yoghurt on a sanitary towel changing it every two hours this will not only give relief it will kill of the yeast, not forgetting canestan which is a more expensive cure but neverless is good so ask your pharmasist they know far more than your doctor.
Edward Stanley

France

#31 Feb 5, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Winter

Sweden

#33 Apr 20, 2013
i wrote:
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
http://inhousegeneric.info very clear and informative site, simple ordering process and very fast delivery. All round excellent service - will use again.
teresa

Chicago, IL

#35 Aug 4, 2013
Cheap diflucan - http://www.7-rx.com/catalog/Anti_Fungal/Diflu... Good price and quality.
Diego

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Aug 13, 2013
I didn't know my wife had a yeast infection in her vagina. So at the same time i decided to try oral sex . That's how i got my mouth infected with thrush. I'm healthy i exercise i donk drink or smoke but i love sugar. I guess it was wrong timing!. But know i dont know how to get rid of this oral thrush. It is horrible im afraid to infect my kids or family.please help!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio approves state smoking ban (Nov '06) 47 min Schmones 75,890
No excuse for not vaccinating children 2 hr PROVAC PLOPAGANDA 2
5 Little Known Facts About Smoking 2 hr THANKS EINSTEIN 1
Smoker's Lungs Vs. Healthy Lungs Show In 6 Seco... 2 hr DUH I SMOKE 1
How Bad Is Your Breath? 14 Simple Tips For Redu... (Feb '06) 2 hr cough cough hack OMG 597
Wichita Falls Smoking Ordinance Goes Into Effect 2 hr WHITE RAT 18
Vaccine boosts advanced NSCLC patient survival 3 hr Lord Grandrith 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Medicine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••