The myth of addicts' power over actions

Nov 6, 2008 Full story: www.lasvegassun.com 80

Thu, Nov 6, 2008 Sun Topics Painful Painkillers We don't consider it a moral failure if a diabetic can't control her blood sugar level.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Marc

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Nov 8, 2008
Thank you. Methadone treatment saves lives. I've had takehomes for over 25 years. No other illicit drugs in my system in that time. Great family, great job, none of it would have happened w/out methadone. I take one tablet (40mg) a day, just like a diabetic takes their insulin or someone with high blood pressure takes their meds once a day. Don't let the few bad apples spoil it for the tens of thousands of us that have been helped by this medication. Thank you.
ang81

South Yarra, Australia

#2 Nov 8, 2008
yeah methadone wont ever kill anybody its safer than baby asprin. it makes life better. anybody that doesnt want to be tethered to drugs to feel normal is stupid and doesnt know what they are missing. the people that abuse mathadone are the bad apples. there are tens of thousands of us that take drugs every single day just to feel normal and we feel that the others that dont and lead lives without drugs are stupid. if you take drugs and become addicted to them you can become a member of an elite group that secretly criticizes others to boost our moral and foster a false sense of security. we are not a burden to society but we do need you to pay taxes to help support our addictions, overdoses, hospital costs and funeral expenses. please pay your taxes

“Be careful what u wish for....”

Since: Jul 08

Ptown Ohio--the hills

#3 Nov 8, 2008
ang81 wrote:
yeah methadone wont ever kill anybody its safer than baby asprin. it makes life better. anybody that doesnt want to be tethered to drugs to feel normal is stupid and doesnt know what they are missing. the people that abuse mathadone are the bad apples. there are tens of thousands of us that take drugs every single day just to feel normal and we feel that the others that dont and lead lives without drugs are stupid. if you take drugs and become addicted to them you can become a member of an elite group that secretly criticizes others to boost our moral and foster a false sense of security. we are not a burden to society but we do need you to pay taxes to help support our addictions, overdoses, hospital costs and funeral expenses. please pay your taxes
OMG, people like YOU are the bad apples. You are one twisted individual and I thank heaven you are in australia. You are whacked, period.
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Nov 8, 2008
maybe dealing with the cause will prevent masking the symptoms...
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Nov 8, 2008
Do people have pain for a reason?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Nov 8, 2008
Do pain killers shut down the adrenals?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Nov 8, 2008
What regulates insuline?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Nov 8, 2008
How much diabetes is adult onset? Weight
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Nov 8, 2008
What do they use to dialate the eyes to check for glacoma?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Nov 8, 2008
Why will papain break down protein?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Nov 8, 2008
Why do people with latex allergies react to avacadoes and papaya or milk thistle?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Nov 8, 2008
What is in the seed of a papaya?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Nov 8, 2008
Are opiates a latex?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Nov 8, 2008
What was tartouth used for?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Nov 8, 2008
Can people control what goes in thier mouth?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Nov 8, 2008
How long does it take to change a habit?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Nov 8, 2008
Do opiates cure diabetes?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Nov 8, 2008
Is the milk of a fig have latex properties?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Nov 8, 2008
how come tartouth looks like a inside out fig?
Goode Goode

Las Vegas, NV

#21 Nov 9, 2008
is hynosis yours or someone elses suggestion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Westminster Chiropractor Says Prompt Concussion... 21 min Wisdom 11
Total Knee Replacement: the First Year 2 hr Shelle 1
Honey helped get rid of my hemorrhoids (Jul '08) 7 hr RJ Namgyal 42
Caesars Palace employee falls down elevator shaft 8 hr Viewer 5
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 13 hr chanceybaby03 6,023
Should Santa Claus still be fat? 22 hr Maniac Stopper 2
2016: Jeb Tries to Head Off Controversy by Exit... 23 hr Guess Who 1
More from around the web