Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,593

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10033 Aug 8, 2014
Hey WOW, I did some research at your science site. You can forget immunization, they found what is linked to Autism.
http://witscience.org/autism-linked-eating-or...
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10034 Aug 8, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>The link, like your brain, doesn't work, so once again you make a lot of statements with NO credible data. Most of it is bot v=even pertinent to this discussion. What immunizations have you had? What immunizations have your children had?
^^^ already answered. You go digging for it.

I know the link doesn't work & the site is satire. I just wanted to watch you froth at the mouth. You go for it every time.

All the citations listed & categorized by disorder....how do you feel about those?
Hum?
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10035 Aug 8, 2014
WOW wrote:
Vaccines Have Been Linked to Leukemias and Lymphomas:
Bichel, "Post-vaccinial Lymphadenitis Developing into Hodgkin's Disease", Acta Med Scand, 1976, Vol 199, p523-525.
Stewart, AM, et al, "Aetiology of Childhood Leukaemia", Lancet, 16 Oct, 1965, 2:789-790.[Listed under Vaccine Adverse Reactions.]
Glathe, H et al, "Evidence of Tumorigenic Activity of Candidate Cell Substrate in Vaccine Production by the Use of Anti-Lymphocyte Serum", Development Biol Std, 1977, 34:145-148.
Bolognesi, DP, "Potential Leukemia Virus Subunit Vaccines: Discussion", Can Research, Feb 1976, 36(2 pt 2):655-656.
Colon, VF, et al, "Vaccinia Necrosum as a Clue to Lymphatic Lymphoma", Geriatrics, Dec 1968, 23:81-82.
Park-Dincsoy, H et al, "Lymphoid Depletion in a case of Vaccinia Gangrenosa", Laval Med, Jan 1968, 39:24-26.
Hugoson, G et al, "The Occurrence of Bovine Leukosis Following the Introduction of Babesiosis Vaccination", Bibl Haemat, 1968, 30:157-161.
Hartstock,, ""Post-vaccinial Lymphadenitis: Hyperplasia of Lymphoid Tissue That Simulates Malignant Lymphomas", Apr 1968, Cancer, 21(4):632-649.
Allerberger, F, "An Outbreak of Suppurative Lymphadenitis Connected with BCG Vaccination in Austria- 1990/1991," Am Rev Respir Disorder, Aug 1991, 144(2) 469.
Vaccines and Chromosome Changes Leading to Mutations:
Knuutila, S et al, "An Increased Frequency of Chromosomal Changes and SCE's in Cultured Lymphocytes of 12 Subjects Vaccinated Against Smallpox," Hum Genet, 1978 Feb 23; 41(1):89-96.
Cherkeziia, SE, et al, "Disorders in the Murine Chromosome Apparatus Induced By Immunization with a Complex of Anti-viral Vaccines," Vopr Virusol, 1979 Sept Oct,(5):547-550.
[Note: SCE means sister chromatid exchange and is an indication that genetic mutations are occurring, which could possibly lead to cancer-causing mutations.

Your source on one of your many ridiculous claims was from a SATIRE site, moron. You seem to be the only one "foaming at the mouth ranting and raving all day" Good Lord.

All the categorized studies can be accessed at your local library.
Parents, educate before you vaccinate.
Do autoimmune disorders run in your family?
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10036 Aug 8, 2014
WOW wrote:
WOW wrote:
Vaccines Have Been Linked to Leukemias and Lymphomas:
Bichel, "Post-vaccinial Lymphadenitis Developing into Hodgkin's Disease", Acta Med Scand, 1976, Vol 199, p523-525.
You use spoof sites for your references. You have ZERO credibility.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10037 Aug 8, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the link doesn't work & the site is satire. I just wanted to watch you froth at the mouth. You go for it every time.
All the citations listed & categorized by disorder....how do you feel about those?
Hum?
No thanks, I've looked up enough of your so-called "studies".

Eagles

Bear Creek, NC

#10038 Aug 8, 2014
M_Donovan_C wrote:
you can't force anyone to do anything, if they force me to get medical..oh wait, i didn't get it, so no, they shouldn't and no i wont, they can kill me before they inject me...
Well that works
Zeke

Paris, TN

#10039 Aug 8, 2014
MTSU wrote:
<quoted text>Quit being ignorant.
Form your own interpretation of the information. Figure out if it's sensible for yourself. Quit debasing others' interpretations to try and make yourself look intelligent, "Zeke".
Read: Your post reveals your ignorance. You make the claim-- you provide the evidence by citing your references and that you know how to interpret them. That is, as i have written before, something that any C student passing freshman English composition should understand.

I need not try to make myself look intelligent when there are so many like you who make themselves look stupid.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#10040 Aug 8, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I have handed you many citations, from govt, industry, and independent research.
Many were links to subscription only sites.
Were I to interpret these, you'd just call the interpretation false.
The simple fact is, every "study" you deem fit was written by the very vested party who will gain, to the tune of billions annually.
So, where you see legitimate research, I see blatant conflict of interest.
I am going to continue posting information for individuals seeking to learn more on the subject of vaccine safety.
And you can go crazy with your foaming mouth ranting & raving all day.
I will no longer respond to you.
You are the one who foams at the mouth. How many posts have you done just today.

I think you left the "mis" out of " misinformation" .

Again, rather than to show that you understand the research you accuse those who disagree with your faith of being corrupt. That is not proof of you apparent claim-- you know crap about science in general and medicine in particular.

You persist in committing the same fallacies over and over--avoiding the main issue which is your incompetence in science.

So, don't respond to me.
Mom23

Lexington, TN

#10041 Aug 8, 2014
This blog post is old, but still relevant.

Rhode Island is attempting to pass legislation that would require all children up to age 5 to receive mandatory flu shots in order to enter daycare or preschool.

But Rhode Islandís chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is standing up and saying no: this is going too far.

If the fact that this an incredible intrusion into parental rights is not enough to condemn the legislation, perhaps lawmakers should consider some facts about the flu vaccine.

Firstly, unless the vaccine were 100% effective (it is not) and unless every other person on the planet were to receive it (they do not) then young children are being forced to undergo a medical procedure with plenty of downside and very little upside.

Second, the flu vaccine kills some recipients.

Third, the flu vaccine is ineffective in most recipients.

Fourth,the flu vaccine carries significant other health risks aside from death.

Fifth, how parents keep their families healthy should be none of the stateís business.

If the state decides it should tell parents what to do on flu vaccines, a medical procedure that can kill, whatís next?

Banning chips, cookies, sugar, soda, and everything else that undermines our immune systems and can lead to illness?

Where should we stop?

What about banning disagreements and divorce as those things cause stress and stress can lead to illness?

Or what about forcing parents to give their children vitamins A, C, and D as they support the immune system?

Or what about jailing parents who get in an argument because that might cause stress on their kids?

What about jailing parents who let their kids have birthday cake because we all know sugar undermines the immune system?

Or what about forcing parents to give their kids cod liver oil to support their immune systems?

What about banning and jailing little Johnny from taking his little sisterís toy as that causes stress and can lead to illness?

Or what about forcing all children to eat their spinach?

Letís just ban everything and jail everyone. Letís legislate every aspect of how we live our lives. Letís pretend that we are in charge, that we are God, and that we can legislate or incarcerate away all the potential risks, harm, and challenges life might offer.

What kind of a world would we live in then?

While this argument may seem extreme, mandating vaccines leads us down this slippery slope: it is assuming that somehow we humans are in charge. It is assuming that we can control, legislate, and incarcerate all the bad things that can and do happen.

But we arenít in charge and mandating vaccines is one thing:

It is insanity.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#10042 Aug 8, 2014
Mom23 wrote:
Rhode Island is attempting to pass legislation that would require all children up to age 5 to receive mandatory flu shots in order to enter daycare or preschool.
But Rhode Islandís chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is standing up and saying no: this is going too far.
If the fact that this an incredible intrusion into parental rights is not enough to condemn the legislation, perhaps lawmakers should consider some facts about the flu vaccine.
Firstly, unless the vaccine were 100% effective (it is not) and unless every other person on the planet were to receive it (they do not) then young children are being forced to undergo a medical procedure with plenty of downside and very little upside.
Fifth, how parents keep their families healthy should be none of the stateís business.
If the state decides it should tell parents what to do on flu vaccines, a medical procedure that can kill, whatís next?
Banning chips, cookies, sugar, soda, and everything else that undermines our immune systems and can lead to illness?
Where should we stop?
What about banning disagreements and divorce as those things cause stress and stress can lead to illness?
Or what about forcing parents to give their children vitamins A, C, and D as they support the immune system?
Or what about jailing parents who get in an argument because that might cause stress on their kids?
What about jailing parents who let their kids have birthday cake because we all know sugar undermines the immune system?
Or what about forcing parents to give their kids cod liver oil to support their immune systems?
What about banning and jailing little Johnny from taking his little sisterís toy as that causes stress and can lead to illness?
Letís just ban everything and jail everyone. Letís legislate every aspect of how we live our lives. Letís pretend that we are in charge, that we are God, and that we can legislate or incarcerate away all the potential risks, harm, and challenges life might offer.
While this argument may seem extreme, mandating vaccines leads us down this slippery slope: it is assuming that somehow we humans are in charge. It is assuming that we can control, legislate, and incarcerate all the bad things that can and do happen.
It is insanity.
You are the queen of slippery slope
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10043 Aug 8, 2014
Hey WOW of 3, what immunizations have you had? What immunizations have your children had?
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10044 Aug 8, 2014
Sorry, I meant WOW23
Zeke

Paris, TN

#10045 Aug 8, 2014
Mom23 wrote:
Where should we stop?
It is insanity.
You have finally admitted why you are anti vac --for you it is a political thing--the medical crap you dig up is only to provide an excuse

Your children are not your property.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#10046 Aug 8, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hum?
Somehow it seems that you are simply trying to cover your errors.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10047 Aug 8, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hum?
I don't think so. I think this is what you believed. I think you aren't smart enough to beghin to understand any part of this issue. You are siply the village idiot. What a sucker you are!
Tally

Knoxville, TN

#10048 Aug 9, 2014
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
You have finally admitted why you are anti vac --for you it is a political thing--the medical crap you dig up is only to provide an excuse
Your children are not your property.
And they are not your property either, Zeke. Just because you fear diseases and little bugs does not mean everyone else has to fear diseases and little bugs.
Knows

Lexington, TN

#10049 Aug 9, 2014
Zeke

Paris, TN

#10050 Aug 9, 2014
Tally wrote:
<quoted text>
And they are not your property either, Zeke. Just because you fear diseases and little bugs does not mean everyone else has to fear diseases and little bugs.
Didn't say they were my property--

Didn't say i was afraid of little bugs.

But, are you claiming that you aren't afraid of little bugs? Think about that the next time your child spikes a fever. They are only little bugs after all.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#10051 Aug 9, 2014
Knows wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =piAXEafuM1cXX
Reminds me of testimonials in church. Of little use in making informed decisions.
jim

Inverness, FL

#10052 Aug 9, 2014
Yes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NM Turquoise Health and Wellness centers to clo... 11 min HumanSpirit 1
Lifespan opens urgent care center for mental he... 16 min HumanSpirit 1
Diet and nutrition should be stressed in mental... 21 min HumanSpirit 2
Who will care for children with autism when the... (Aug '13) 41 min ScrewChristianVal... 95
Natural Tinnitus Treatments That Involve Homeop... (Sep '09) 52 min Chrisa 2
WildomarHEALTH: Anti-vaccine parents defend bel... 7 hr Weedhopper 3
Smoking ban revisited in West Virginia 8 hr PASS 1
More from around the web