Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
Tucker

Franklin, TN

#9322 Apr 25, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Exemptions are available in Tennessee for religious & medical reasons. Mississippi & Virginia are the only states where only the medical exemption applies.
You are close.

Mississippi and WEST Virginia

(not Virginia)
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9323 Apr 25, 2014
Tucker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are close.
Mississippi and WEST Virginia
(not Virginia)
Thank you Tucker, you are correct.
Jim Keras Nissan Bogus

Memphis, TN

#9324 Apr 25, 2014
Do not buy a car from Jim Keras Nissan. They lie to make deals and when you are told the deal you got, you end up losing thousands more. They are a rip off dealer
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9325 Apr 25, 2014
Ive never heard of them but it's good to know! Thanks! The world would be better off, if everybody exposed crooked businesses, to keep others from being ripped ff
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9326 Apr 26, 2014
Tim wrote:
No! And If your too lazy to research and educate yourself on why they shouldn't, then your children will suffer.
One good place to start is www.drtenpenny.com
or google Dr. Sherri Tenpenny. Read some of the articles on her site, but don't stop there keep digging, if you want the truth.
Quacks like a duck.
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9327 Apr 26, 2014
Tastes like possum on the half shell!
Geo

Rochester, NY

#9328 Apr 26, 2014
Hard to tell.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9329 Apr 26, 2014
REO wrote:
Tastes like possum on the half shell!
So you want to eat me?
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9330 Apr 26, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to eat me?
NO! I was referencing an old joke about the Culturally Challenged night clubs in Texas, selling a lot of Armadillo! They're telling the Culturally Challenged, that it's possum on the half shell!! LOL!!:)
Mindy

United States

#9331 Apr 26, 2014
so mother wasn't vaccinated ? not about shots about choice
Mindy

United States

#9332 Apr 30, 2014
Not about this not about that , to whom much is given much is taken back {scotus} that's supreme court of united ? states of america. where if you disagree{owner of clippers} what's yours will be taken away.
i agree

Tampa, FL

#9333 Apr 30, 2014
I think all children should have immunizations
Asia

Bulls Gap, TN

#9334 May 1, 2014
Yes I think they should
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9335 May 1, 2014
i agree wrote:
I think all children should have immunizations
Perhaps not all.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
THOR

Wartburg, TN

#9336 May 2, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps not all.
but not all immunizations.. Unsafe immunizations may be given if not closely monitored..Remember the polio vaccine? I fear terrorist opportunities. Look how many we have in congress.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9337 May 2, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps not all.
But perhaps most
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9338 May 2, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
But perhaps most
In 2004 the NIH firmly stated "we don't want to look at the population that got sick (Sutism spectrum disorders).

Dr. Bernadine Healy is the former head of the NIH.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-open-question...
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9339 May 2, 2014
Wow, I can't type tonight.

"we don't want to look at the population that got sick"

& *autism* spectrum.....
Sherri

Bear Creek, NC

#9341 May 4, 2014
Yes they should

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#9343 May 5, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2004 the NIH firmly stated "we don't want to look at the population that got sick (Sutism spectrum disorders).
Dr. Bernadine Healy is the former head of the NIH.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-open-question...
That article is a load of bunk. It "suggests" this and "supposes" that and tries to hint and some loose indication of a link between vaccination and autism. It suggest that peer reviewed studies have shown a causation link between the two and then later goes on to say that no studies have been done because they are afraid of what they might find.

So which is it? Is there evidence of a link or not? The answer is there is not, and there is no credible link to suggest there is. The article sites the growing number of autism cases and then suggests that vaccinations "might" be at fault. Now that might sound pretty compelling to mom and pop America that don't actually HAVE a medical degree and think that what they here on FOX News or MSNBC is the truth. Have you folks ever considered that it might just as likely be some other factor causing a rise in autism such as environmental pollutants, diet, health risks taken by mothers during pregnancy, or a thousand other factors?! What makes you so sure it is vaccines? I mentioned this to a doctor I work with who teaches medicine, and has more degrees and experience that you can shake a stick at. He just sighed and shook his head. We discussed how people who are pretty uniformed and unqualified can believe the craziest stuff.

While you are "researching" the link between autism and vaccinations, you might also want to straighten your tin foil hat and look into Area 51, who shot President Kennedy, and whether or not the moon landings were faked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Just Let People Have Their Beliefs': Blaze Rea... 7 min Grumpy Guy 21
Petaluma City Council OKs tough smoking ban (Jan '13) 14 min congthu 67
Republican Governors Push to Reshape Welfare Pr... 1 hr Le Duped 22
Effective Treatment of Premature Ejaculation in... (Jan '14) 1 hr Nathan 6
Treating infertility with acupuncture (Apr '07) 3 hr tmichaelchen 16
Low Cost Dental Implants In Costa Rica Cut Into... (Dec '12) 3 hr William Walker 27
Many college students regard hookah smoking saf... 3 hr Sneaky Pete 3