Who do you side with in Ferguson?
Lee Ving

Lake Station, IN

#1007 Aug 26, 2014
ajackcrack wrote:
As a country we should be more concerned with the mass militarization of police forces by the Federal government around the country. Where do you see this kind of thing? In democracies? No, we see this kind of thing in totalitarian and dictator ruled countries. How is this any different?
The right says: "Cuz we're Mericans!!! That's why!!!"
and...
The left says: "Obama would never do such a thing... he's a black constitutional lawyer..."
Police brutality will only stay an issue as long as the people have the ability to keep them in check. We are passing that point. When an officer has the authority to be judge, jury and executioner of American citizens (Obama now has that right), the issue is dead. See what your local police force has accrued in weaponry. Mine paraded around in all their new gear for a minute and stored it for future use. What use? To stomp down our freedom of speech? To assemble? We are falling into a tyranny hugged by our couches and flat screens...
Freedom of speech and to assemble are only for certain people.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#1009 Aug 26, 2014
Looks sort of like the middle east in Ferguson doesn't it. Police in military style gear, civilians throwing rocks and malitove cocktails. Buildings burning, and being looted. Anyone want to say it can't happen here?
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#1011 Aug 26, 2014
Justice for All wrote:
It might be time to give blacks in the US that do not like it here their own country. I say Syria or Iraq would be a good choices.
Why don't you go back to Europe?
SchoolTheFools

San Diego, CA

#1012 Aug 26, 2014
LOLipops wrote:
LMAO? There's sides to this? This is a cut and dry issue. If you think stealing $50 of cigars is reason enough for him to die (and, remember, Ferguson's Police Chief has stated - personally - that there was no connection between the incidents and that he was harassed 100% independent of the convenience store incident) then you are a racist. And I'm sure you're not very ashamed of that if you're defending white police killing another unarmed, innocent black male.
And if you think it's acceptable behavior to attack a white police officer that is 1/2 your size and in a prone position attempting to exit his vehicle, then you are also a racist.
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#1013 Aug 26, 2014
curious wrote:
furthermore, where is your outrage for Dillon Taylor? if you dont know who he is go look him up. I guess its ok for a white kid to be killed by a black cop huh Flygerian? where were all the protests, riots and looting for him?
Why do you keep asking me about irrelevant stories? First it was black on black crime then crime in Africa now its Dillon Taylor. If you cared, wheres your thread discussing it? Coming into a thread thats about an innocent black kid being killed and trying to deflect to Dillon Taylor is how you handle his death?

Anybody that is innocent and dies at the hands of the authority that is supposed to be protecting them is a problem. White, black, asian, mexican etc. You trying to deflect doesnt change a thing I said....
Flygerian

Fort Worth, TX

#1015 Aug 26, 2014
Officer Don wrote:
Flygerian it 2014 , it's past time to start taking responsibility for your selves. Your problems are not our fault. I do not repent for sin committed by men who lived before me ! I owe you nothing no one does , wake the F up !
Blah blah blah....

More ignoring of America's history... Yes it is America's fault for how blacks and Native Americans turned out. What about personal accounatability? Of course thats always relevant too. but you cant be BIASED and only look at one side like you and other white people like you do...
Good Ol Boy

Pittsfield, MA

#1016 Aug 26, 2014
Ok flygerian all bullshit aside. You keep crying black wallstreet and rosemont and django unchained and opression. What have you done to adress these situations? And being a keyboard commando doesnt count. What have you physically sacrificed for these causes, what kind of monies have you donated to these causes? How many dilapatated buildings have you revitalized for betterment of your community? How many local buisnesses have you supported to help grow your community?
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#1017 Aug 26, 2014
I side with Michael Brown thus far, 99%, yet subject to more information.

And rightfully so, we must all admit that we do not know all the relevant facts at this point.

A Grand Jury Indictment will not be a slam dunk, with the racial componet on that panel being comprised of 9 whites, and 3 blacks. Then a Jury Trial would become a whole separate and difficult challenge.

Regardless, with that said, and a parallel investigation being conducted by the Feds, I am confident of this cop going to prison. That is where cops belong who murder unarmed teenagers.

The end...
your a turd

Columbus, OH

#1018 Aug 26, 2014
squeezers wrote:
Most on this forum, myself included say that it appears to be a justified shoot, if not so be it. But Jessie and Al could care less if it was justified, they just want to hang the cop and will lie and twist facts to accomplish that. And they wonder why racism is alive and well, people meet hate with hate.
all white people hate jesse and al its just within you.E]

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1019 Aug 26, 2014
Conrad73 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my apologies, it was in response to 'flyfool' or whatever he's called who was on about whites and welfare... Just gave the facts as he was completely off target with typical liberal hysterics unsupported by any facts...
No apology needed, There are some serious idiots on these threads that just make stuff up to make themselves look in the right. When they can't properly debate, they try to throw off subject. I myself, As an American, Believe that all Americans should come together and fight this corrupt Government we have. United, We will not be conquered.
thugs gets whats coming

United States

#1020 Aug 26, 2014
Another thug off the streets ! Maybe this could serve to show if you do wrong what will happen to future thugs . This boy was no saint. Compley with the officers request he would still be breathing if that would have been a white kid and a black officer nothing would have ever been said . Media only shows minority sides . Trevor they only showed his sweet 12 yo picture. He was no kid but a thug ..

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#1021 Aug 26, 2014
Let's hurry and get this investigation wrapped up so we can get this cop back out on the street busting thugs like the gentle giant A-hole.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#1024 Aug 26, 2014
thugs gets whats coming wrote:
Another thug off the streets ! Maybe this could serve to show if you do wrong what will happen to future thugs . This boy was no saint. Compley with the officers request he would still be breathing if that would have been a white kid and a black officer nothing would have ever been said . Media only shows minority sides . Trevor they only showed his sweet 12 yo picture. He was no kid but a thug ..
I prefer thugs over uneducated, dumb tea baggers who are barely-literate. Maybe pigs will start executing them for jaywalking.
curious

Atlanta, GA

#1025 Aug 26, 2014
LOLipops wrote:
LMAO? There's sides to this? This is a cut and dry issue. If you think stealing $50 of cigars is reason enough for him to die (and, remember, Ferguson's Police Chief has stated - personally - that there was no connection between the incidents and that he was harassed 100% independent of the convenience store incident) then you are a racist. And I'm sure you're not very ashamed of that if you're defending white police killing another unarmed, innocent black male.
pardon me, but you dont know all the facts either so siding with mr brown makes you a racist if you are calling people supporting the cop racists. how is this cut and dry?
would you agree that:
A. mr brown robbed a store
B. mr brown was asked to get out of the middle of the road and didnt comply
C. if mr brown hadn't robbed store, maybe he wouldn't have been on that road at that time
D. mr brown is liable for his actions
Six shots I agree was a bit excessive, however, lets not forget what lead up to this incident. speaking of which, where was your outrage when Dillon taylor (white 20 yr old) was killed in Utah by a black cop?
curious

Atlanta, GA

#1027 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I call out America's history of oppression against blacks and Native Americans doesnt mean that Im making it a race issue. Thats FACTS. Its a FACT that America has historically oppressed both groups. Me saying that and saying "take that into consideration when you consider their modern day status in American society" is not making it a race issue. Its considering the variables of the PAST that got us to where we are today. But you want us to disregard that and forget about it And when we do forget, Mike Brown happens. Or Ezell Ford. Or Eric Garner. Or how about blacks are more likely to be charged more for a crime than whites that commit the same crimes? Theres plenty of things WRONG with the system but you havent been in here suggesting the fix to it. You've been telling blacks to "shape up" (paraphrase)..
<quoted text>
Sounds like a teacher issue than the students. The teachers should be in control of their school. So if they have a problem controlling the children, dont blame the children, blame the school. And if it gets to big for the school to handle, kick the child out. Plain and simple.
Where did I (as in Flygerian) say that this was racial or the cop was racist? I didnt. What is clear is that he used OVERAGRESSION by the accounts of the independent witnesses. Thats all we can go by because there are no cameras on the police officer or their vehicle. There was no one else that taped the incident to give it out. So all we can do is go by the forensics(which will tell us the trajectory of the bullets)and the witnesses accounts. THATS IT. Saying "brown needs to be held accountable" doesnt mean he deserved to die for stealing cigars right? Or that attempting to wrestle the gun away (cops story and no one elses)and failing means he deserves to be shot? Of course that isnt what you're saying.... I hope....
but yet if the black kid is kicked out, it becomes a racial issue...do you see the dilema and pattern?
ajackcrack

Chula Vista, CA

#1028 Aug 26, 2014
Lee Ving wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of speech and to assemble are only for certain people.
Yes, and that demographic is broadening and growing.

As the demographic broadens and grows, so does the need for more police militarization. The question of who's side we're on in this case is smoke screening the larger issue presented by this case.
your a turd

Columbus, OH

#1029 Aug 26, 2014
thugs gets whats coming wrote:
not fair to thuggrrize him like that of course you people are not about being fair.]
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#1030 Aug 26, 2014
Citizen 1 wrote:
I side with Michael Brown thus far, 99%, yet subject to more information.
And rightfully so, we must all admit that we do not know all the relevant facts at this point.
A Grand Jury Indictment will not be a slam dunk, with the racial componet on that panel being comprised of 9 whites, and 3 blacks. Then a Jury Trial would become a whole separate and difficult challenge.
Regardless, with that said, and a parallel investigation being conducted by the Feds, I am confident of this cop going to prison. That is where cops belong who murder unarmed teenagers.
The end...
Excellent Post!
TheRealZeke

Paris, TN

#1031 Aug 26, 2014
YES yes wrote:
I agree with "yes"
Why would anyone give a shit who you argree with?
curious

Atlanta, GA

#1033 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I call out America's history of oppression against blacks and Native Americans doesnt mean that Im making it a race issue. Thats FACTS. Its a FACT that America has historically oppressed both groups. Me saying that and saying "take that into consideration when you consider their modern day status in American society" is not making it a race issue. Its considering the variables of the PAST that got us to where we are today. But you want us to disregard that and forget about it And when we do forget, Mike Brown happens. Or Ezell Ford. Or Eric Garner. Or how about blacks are more likely to be charged more for a crime than whites that commit the same crimes? Theres plenty of things WRONG with the system but you havent been in here suggesting the fix to it. You've been telling blacks to "shape up" (paraphrase)..
<quoted text>
Sounds like a teacher issue than the students. The teachers should be in control of their school. So if they have a problem controlling the children, dont blame the children, blame the school. And if it gets to big for the school to handle, kick the child out. Plain and simple.
Where did I (as in Flygerian) say that this was racial or the cop was racist? I didnt. What is clear is that he used OVERAGRESSION by the accounts of the independent witnesses. Thats all we can go by because there are no cameras on the police officer or their vehicle. There was no one else that taped the incident to give it out. So all we can do is go by the forensics(which will tell us the trajectory of the bullets)and the witnesses accounts. THATS IT. Saying "brown needs to be held accountable" doesnt mean he deserved to die for stealing cigars right? Or that attempting to wrestle the gun away (cops story and no one elses)and failing means he deserves to be shot? Of course that isnt what you're saying.... I hope....
also, when i say he needs to be held accountable, im referring to all those defending him. yes, six shots was excessive. but i wasnt there and I bet you werent either. but let me ask you this, if someone was rushing you, regardless of race and you had a gun, what would your instinct be? to shoot. if the first shot goes off, and they keep coming, what would you do? shoot right? so how is it, this police officer doesn't have the right to shoot? thats what i mean when i say accountable. No one wants to admit that mr brown was in the wrong. HE DIDNT DESERVE TO DIE, BUT HE WAS IN THE WRONG. and I bet most of these ppl defending them, had a person 3 times their size starting rushing at them (if that is what truely happened) they would have done the EXACT same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Makes Trump So Dangerous? 8 hr Humanspirit 4
News 'Treated like animals': Woman describes mental ... 8 hr Humanspirit 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 13 hr Mizzlizz 7,265
News Hamilton Center selected as 1 of 5 new Indiana ... 14 hr Animals taste great 11
News Bipolar Disorder and Social Security Disability... 17 hr USA 46
News Whistle-blowing nurse wants action on Nunavut n... (Mar '15) 20 hr Captain Bligh 187
News Sen. John McCain: Doctors gave me 'poor prognos... 22 hr anonz 2
Vagus Nerve Disorder Causes Symptoms Treatments (Feb '12) Sep 14 Marie 201
More from around the web