American Heart Association recommends regulation of e-cigarettes

Aug 25, 2014 Read more: Examiner.com

The American Heart Association issued a policy statement regarding regulation of the sale of electronic cigarettes on Aug. 24, 2014.

Read more

“Opposing Evil, Helping Good”

Since: Feb 14

EVERYWHERE!!!

#1 Aug 26, 2014
"American Heart Association recommends regulation of e-cigarettes"

And the Ku Klux Klan recommends white supremacy. So what?

I don't normally read these articles (anymore). I just happened to spot this, and wanted to find out exactly WTF was this? Not suprisingly, it turned out to be absolute garbage (as usual). In this case, some brainless journalist named Rev. Jim Hetzer trying to kiss up to the AHA and the Top Percent. Ok, I see.

As clearly evidenced by the last 2 sentences of the last paragraph, "Express your support of e-cig regulation to your local, state and federal representatives. If you are smoking cigarettes or e-cigs, make the commitment to stop."

Actually no, Hetzer, I would express my support of regulating journalists like you, except I don't like the slippery slope it could lead to.

And besides, I like the idea of Free Speach (even for people like that) and I don't like the idea of it being taken away. Even in cases like this!!!

And yes I'm serious! I like the fact even the people like Hetzer, and groups like the AHA, the KKK, etc., have the right to say whatever they wish to say. I like that! I like that alot, and I would never want it taken way, even from people like that.

I'm not a big fan of how the Mass Media has a monopoly. Although it's going away, so I would rather let everything run it's coarse. Hey, in a few years or so, they will be pretty much reduced to almost nothing. Kinda like AT&T since the 1980s. That's exactly what's happening to the Mass Media thanks to Internet. I wish it would happen MUCH faster, but hey, it's happening.

I'm also not a big fan of when journalists tell outright lies, like the following (although in honesty and fairness, this is not exactly Hetzer's nor Examiner (the website)'s fault, it's the AMA's fault, and they did appropriately attribute it, so the only thing I can blame them for is endorsement of such).

"The fastest growing segment of e-cig users are middle school and high school students. Usage of e-cigs in the US in this segment doubled between 2011 and 2012. Over 20% of middle school e-cig users and 7% of high school students had never smoked a traditional cigarette."

I'm not denying that is the case (those numbers could even be higher... I'll go into surveys later, or see my other posts on this forum), however that was listed as a quote "good reason [to regulate]".

I'm gonna say this one more time, just in case anyone really doesn't get it:

The fact that kids are doing something they shouldn't is never ever a reason to regulate anything, ever. Not ever, not under any circumstances, whatsoever, in a trillion years, come hell or highwater!

It might be a reason to look into PARENTS, ESPECIALLY the ones who support "For The Children Politics", it sounds to me like that parent might not be very good at raising kids! Perhaps we can find some nice FOSTER PARENTS who can, while that parent or parent(s) is given a new responsibility, namely pressing license plates for about 20 years on a Child Neglect charge!!! ;)

Yeah, their's just no excuse for it. If you can not properly raise kids, then to put it bluntly, all it took was one rubber! And if you can properly raise kids, then you should know to do that, instead of wanting the government to.

And that's not even going into the fact that EDUCATION is how you prevent them from doing it. You never, ever go the "Because I Said So" route. Any parent who does that should AUTOMATICALLY loose custody and do time, just for parenting that way.

Yes you EDUCATE, not REGULATE! And I'm almost out of room so that's all for now. If anyone wants to discuss anything I said feel free to comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Half of U.S. now living with anti-smoking laws (Jan '07) 57 min Pity the AS Sheeple 36
News OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortion bills (Jul '13) 1 hr kaylayossi 493
Genital HPV Problems 4 hr Rebecca 1
News Physicians to Columbia University: 'Dismayed' t... 4 hr SpaceBlues 1
News Social Security disability approvals decline (Dec '13) 7 hr Not a moocher 90
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 8 hr Brian_G 1,094
News Psychotherapy Proven To Normalize Brain Activit... 9 hr HumanSpirit 6
More from around the web