Careers In Health Care Are Growing In...

Careers In Health Care Are Growing In The Dallas/Fort Worth Area

There are 14 comments on the CBS Local story from Aug 4, 2014, titled Careers In Health Care Are Growing In The Dallas/Fort Worth Area. In it, CBS Local reports that:

If you are looking to make a career change, becoming a health care worker has several rewards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Looking down

Paris, TN

#1 Aug 4, 2014
Obma and he democrats have destroyed this nation so bad it really does not matter any more.

“Free to be me and you!”

Since: Aug 14

Tampa, FL

#2 Aug 10, 2014
Great my daughter is moving back to Texas. RN's are needed everywhere.
Jose Reyes

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 13, 2014
I plan to go to DFW to seek treatment for a terrible rectal problem I have developed. I hope there will be some kind, compassionate nurses there to treat me.
CV Compton Shaw

Bellevue, WA

#4 Aug 25, 2014
Texas has an extremely anti-labor political and legal environment. This includes nursing. The malpractice insurance rates for nurses in Texas is the highest in the USA! This is reflective of the very harsh, unpleasant, and unreasonable working environment for nurses in Texas. Large numbers of foreign H1B nurses will invade Texas, and the USA, in general, so as to maintain the health care industries oppressive control of the nursing work force if the aforementioned drives nurses who are American citizens out of nursing.

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#5 Aug 25, 2014
CV Compton Shaw wrote:
Texas has an extremely anti-labor political and legal environment. This includes nursing. The malpractice insurance rates for nurses in Texas is the highest in the USA! This is reflective of the very harsh, unpleasant, and unreasonable working environment for nurses in Texas. Large numbers of foreign H1B nurses will invade Texas, and the USA, in general, so as to maintain the health care industries oppressive control of the nursing work force if the aforementioned drives nurses who are American citizens out of nursing.
yes I know......we have the same problems in Tampa. Most nurses are from the Philipines here. I gave nursing most of my children.....but my daughter is homesick. She plans on returning to Texas when her son starts college. I think missing her son will bring her back someday......but she is 48 years old and time for this mom to let her go. Lol

Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 25, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>yes I know......we have the same problems in Tampa. Most nurses are from the Philipines here. I gave nursing most of my children.....but my daughter is homesick. She plans on returning to Texas when her son starts college. I think missing her son will bring her back someday......but she is 48 years old and time for this mom to let her go. Lol
Those Fillipina nurses are off the hook! They are so sweet, petite and gentle and they sooth their patients with TLC. One of my friends even had one who loved him long time, but I haven't been that lucky yet.

Mesquite, TX

#7 Aug 27, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
Great my daughter is moving back to Texas. RN's are needed everywhere.
. That is good. I do Hope though that she and all liberals that move here vote conservative so we can keep all these good paying jobs here through our lower taxes.

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#8 Aug 28, 2014
Shemac wrote:
<quoted text>. That is good. I do Hope though that she and all liberals that move here vote conservative so we can keep all these good paying jobs here through our lower taxes.
Sorry.......she is a MINI ME! DNA is very strong in our family. She is a great RN!

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#9 Aug 28, 2014
Larry Grover wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Fillipina nurses are off the hook! They are so sweet, petite and gentle and they sooth their patients with TLC. One of my friends even had one who loved him long time, but I haven't been that lucky yet.
I hate to admit it but they are some of the best nurses I have worked with. They all are BSN. They have a good work ethic. Unlike "Too Pretty To Work" aka Peanut Gallery.......who don't do diddly squat..........they are beautiful and efficient nurses. We are lucky they come here to practice. When you are dying in the ER..........you don't care WTH their race is!!!!!!
I found that out two years ago when a Muslim Doc saved my life. Thanks to all the hard working nurses of the world.
CV Compton Shaw

Bellevue, WA

#10 Sep 1, 2014
The fact is that polls show that job dissatisfaction for American nurses is amongst the highest of all of the professions. That is one of the reasons why American nurses leave nursing so precipitously. Medical Errors are the second or third leading cause of death in the USA! By not providing a reasonable working environment for nurses, by not providing a stable employment environment for American citizens who are nurses, and by utilizing monopoly capitalistic employment practices (intensive immigration to USA of foreign nurses) to oppress and exploit American nurses the nursing shortage is significantly exacerbated while, at the same time, the aforementioned medical error rate is increased. "Cultural Marxist" propaganda and indoctrination in support of the aforementioned injustices imply that the same are motivated by the most oppressive,selfish and unjust motives.
Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#11 Sep 2, 2014
CV Compton Shaw wrote:
The fact is that polls show that job dissatisfaction for American nurses is amongst the highest of all of the professions. That is one of the reasons why American nurses leave nursing so precipitously. Medical Errors are the second or third leading cause of death in the USA! By not providing a reasonable working environment for nurses, by not providing a stable employment environment for American citizens who are nurses, and by utilizing monopoly capitalistic employment practices (intensive immigration to USA of foreign nurses) to oppress and exploit American nurses the nursing shortage is significantly exacerbated while, at the same time, the aforementioned medical error rate is increased. "Cultural Marxist" propaganda and indoctrination in support of the aforementioned injustices imply that the same are motivated by the most oppressive,selfish and unjust motives.
Those Fillipina nurses are off the hook! They are so sweet, petite and gentle and they sooth their patients with TLC. One of my friends even had one who loved him long time, but I haven't been that lucky yet. Hopefully when I go for my next prostate exam, I will get one of the better ones to probe my butt.
Albert

UK

#12 Sep 2, 2014
Health care in America is a joke . North koreans probably have better access to care than yanks . Then when obama wants to introduce free health care to the most vulnerable in society you start foaming at the mouth calling him a goddam commie . Ironically comunist cubas health system is far superior to usa's

“Free to be me and you!”

Zephyrhills, FL

#13 Sep 15, 2014
CV Compton Shaw wrote:
No more med errors with "barcoding"...... there is a significant shortage of nurses in America. It has been that way since 1988. But where else can you make $37. 00 bucks an hour? Which some nurses in my town DO!!!!!!!! Lol. You have to love it to DO IT !

“Free to be me and you!”

Zephyrhills, FL

#14 Sep 15, 2014
Albert wrote:
Health care in America is a joke . North koreans probably have better access to care than yanks . Then when obama wants to introduce free health care to the most vulnerable in society you start foaming at the mouth calling him a goddam commie . Ironically comunist cubas health system is far superior to usa's
I am a retired RN who has fought hard for Obamacare! Most of my children are nurses also. They want Obamacare also!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1st city to ban smoking inside restaurants, Win... 3 hr Captain Obvious 83
News Affordable Drug and Alcohol Rehab Ranch Residen... (Mar '09) Thu Gold 3
News What does a low blood platelet count mean? (Jun '07) Thu Prisy89 905
News We Used Terrible Science to Justify Smoking Bans Thu MsObvious 5
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Thu anna law 7,207
News California takes many hits, large and small, in... May 24 Solarman 1
News Malaria Growing Resistant to Drugs Used to Figh... (Aug '14) May 24 Megan 2
More from around the web