Russia: The Influx of Immigration

Russia: The Influx of Immigration

There are 36 comments on the www.pentictonherald.ca story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Russia: The Influx of Immigration. In it, www.pentictonherald.ca reports that:

2009 Okanagan Spring Fling Auction spacer News Front Page Local National World Business Entertainment Obituaries TV Listings Health Technology Travel Oddities Don't Miss Sports Sports Local Sports Ski Reports Classifieds Classifieds Connections 10 ads for $10 Place An Ad Opinion Poll Will Barack Obama‘s presidency be a good thing for Canadians? Yes No It doesn't matter spacer Photo Archives Photo Archives 2007 Ironman Photos 2006 Ironman Photos Real Estate Real Estate Local Site About Us Make us your homepage Contact Us Career Opportunities Letters To The Editor Article Archives Carrier Applications Sponsorship Application Rate Card Online Advertising Our Other Publications Our Flyers Customer Subscriptions Upcoming Routes F. A. Q. Change of Address Delivery Concerns Customer Service Form Suspend Delivery Restart Delivery Directories Local Business Canada 411 Local Links Penticton Airport Kelowna airport arrivals Kelowna airport departs Bus Schedule Road Conditions eTearSheets spacer eTearSheets_HowTo spacer Breaking News Russia’s passport offensive: Former Soviet citizens receive documents By Maria Danilova And Gary Peach, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Sunday, February 22, 2009 Email this article Printer friendly page TIRASPOL, Moldova - Retired postal worker Maria Kozyrenko is a new citizen of Russia - along with 135,000 others in Trans-Dniester alone. Kozyrenko hasn’t lived in Russia since the Soviet era. But she got her passport two years ago as part of the Kremlin’s push to grant citizenship to hundreds of thousands of ethnic Russians living in former Soviet countries, including Georgia, Moldova, Estonia and Ukraine. "All our hopes are with Russia," said Kozyrenko, as she hawked an old black coat at a flea market in Tiraspol, the capital of Trans-Dniester. "We hope that Russia will protect us." Russia has given passports to nearly 2.9 million former Soviet citizens since 2000, according to the Federal Migration Service. It does not break down the numbers between those who returned to Russia and those who still live abroad.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pentictonherald.ca.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Why_Me

“Privet”

Since: Apr 07

Big Lake, Alaska USA

#1 Feb 24, 2009
And this is the reason the majority of the world cannot stand Russia. It's sh*t like this that makes me want to nuke every f*cking Russian city from Smolensk to Vladivostok.

Russia f*cked eastern Europe for decades, and it's actions shows that it continues to do so. Putin is nothing more than a modern day Soviet pr*ck.
Dominica Vacation

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2009
I agree . Putin, as I have stated so many times, as recent as today, wants to re -attach Eastern Europe, as well as ALL other former soviet land, and will do so with any means necessary..The f %cking mindset.. And, if we, the free world don't stand up to him, he will do it and be the GRAND RULER and dictator that goes down in russian history, that he craves..The new, Nazi/russian Empire..

pesky the real deal

“Safe pair of hands”

Since: Nov 08

where the trouble is

#3 Feb 25, 2009
nothing-me, it´s time for you to learn that Russian anthem soon !
ATTILA MAGYAR GARDA

Brisbane, Australia

#4 Feb 25, 2009
pesky the real deal wrote:
Gypesky from GypSylovakia VIDEO-19
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...
Jazz singer

London, UK

#5 Feb 25, 2009
That's the spirit !!

Well done Russia!!

Russia is the soul of Europe!!

Not the US invaders!!

Why_Me

“Privet”

Since: Apr 07

Big Lake, Alaska USA

#6 Feb 25, 2009
Jazz singer wrote:
That's the spirit !!
Well done Russia!!
Not the US invaders!!
WTF does this have to do with being the "soul of Europe". If anything this article shows just how "unEuropean" Russia is. It's that Mongul mentality rising it's ugly head again. Europe and Russia have little in common.

“UG X”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Feb 25, 2009
ATTILA MAGYAR GARDA wrote:
<quoted text>Gypesky from GypSylovakia VIDEO-19
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...
LOL!
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#8 Feb 25, 2009
pesky the real deal wrote:
You already learned it in 1968 so I guess you should know pesky Alexander "DON"T RESIST" Dubcek. ;)
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#9 Feb 25, 2009
Why_Me wrote:
And this is the reason the majority of the world cannot stand Russia. It's sh*t like this that makes me want to nuke every f*cking Russian city from Smolensk to Vladivostok.
Russia f*cked eastern Europe for decades, and it's actions shows that it continues to do so. Putin is nothing more than a modern day Soviet pr*ck.
But they have the rgiht to invade Crimea. There are alot of russians living in Eastern Europe. ;)
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#10 Feb 25, 2009
Why_Me wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does this have to do with being the "soul of Europe". If anything this article shows just how "unEuropean" Russia is. It's that Mongul mentality rising it's ugly head again. Europe and Russia have little in common.
Maybe Jazz Singer wants America to be a british colony again? ;)

“Tri-County Area”

Since: Feb 09

Ottawa, Canada

#11 Feb 25, 2009
Jazz singer wrote:
That's the spirit !!
Well done Russia!!
Not the US invaders!!
Peter the Great didn't share your sentiment there.
But he was smart enough to take personal instructions from carpenters in Amsterdam's ship yards.
The same with Catherine the Great. She invited hundreds of thousands of 'invaders' to come and modernize Russia.
Tsar Putin is going backward again. Where is the benefit in it, Jazz?

“Tri-County Area”

Ottawa, Canada

#12 Feb 25, 2009
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
But they have the rgiht to invade Crimea. There are alot of russians living in Eastern Europe. ;)
They don't give a f%#k about semi-nomadic turkic Monguls with newly awarded russkie passports in Crimea.
It's about natural gas and strategic 'right of way' for gas pipeline construction.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#13 Feb 25, 2009
Sir Quercus wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't give a f%#k about semi-nomadic turkic Monguls with newly awarded russkie passports in Crimea.
It's about natural gas and strategic 'right of way' for gas pipeline construction.
LOL but they use the same tactic Adolf Hitler used in Sudetenland. ;)
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#14 Feb 25, 2009
Sir Quercus wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter the Great didn't share your sentiment there.
But he was smart enough to take personal instructions from carpenters in Amsterdam's ship yards.
The same with Catherine the Great. She invited hundreds of thousands of 'invaders' to come and modernize Russia.
Tsar Putin is going backward again. Where is the benefit in it, Jazz?
Tsar Putin wants the Russian Empire to come back. ;)
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#15 Feb 25, 2009
Sir Quercus wrote:
<quoted text>
Crimea=Sudetenland

Only this time it is Tsar Putin and not Der Fuhrer.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#16 Feb 25, 2009
Sir Quercus wrote:
<quoted text>
So does the Autonomous Republic of Crimea want to be part of the RF?
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#17 Feb 25, 2009
Sir Quercus wrote:
<quoted text>
But if USA supported separatism in Kosovo why can"t Russia support separatism in Crimea? ;)

“Tri-County Area”

Cambridge, Canada

#18 Feb 25, 2009
<quoted text>
Crimea=Sudetenland
Only this time it is Tsar Putin and not Der Fuhrer.
When will a Finnish leader award Finland citizenship to people in Karelia? The region is, after all, Finland's 'Sudetenland'.
Just wondering... or were the Soviets succesful in the psychological and political "Finlandization" (acceptance of any terms dictated) of the Helsinki governments from hence on?

“Tri-County Area”

Cambridge, Canada

#19 Feb 25, 2009
<quoted text>
So does the Autonomous Republic of Crimea want to be part of the RF?
No, but autonomy within Ukraine is a legal mechanism making invasion by Russia illegal under international law. Smart move by Kiev, local Russians rights are repected and they have to shut up eventually. In the future Russkie nationality will be revoked because they'll likely make dual nationality illegal, especially once Ukraine joins EU.

“Tri-County Area”

Cambridge, Canada

#20 Feb 25, 2009
<quoted text>
But if USA supported separatism in Kosovo why can"t Russia support separatism in Crimea? ;)
Kosovo was a mistake. IMO.
Separatism in Crimea is touchy because Russia is macho about its military. They still have a hard-on about their Black Sea fleet which is time limited. Militarily speaking it would be a kick in the nuts for Moscow to lose it. USA will always (covertly) support Ukraine because Russia is using bullying tactics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moldova, Moldova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i need help to come to moldova to play football Mar '16 toyboy00233 1
Maidan may come to Moldova. (Oct '15) Oct '15 funnyboyk 1
News Russian Troops In Transnistria Squeezed By Ukra... (May '15) May '15 John 1
News Will EU Surround Russian-Speaking Island in Eas... (Oct '13) Jul '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 53
News As Russia grasps Crimea, questions arise about ... (Mar '14) May '14 Kraut 71
News Is Transnistria the Ghost of Crimea&#x27;s... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dacul -dd 1
News Basescu calls for OSCE intervention in R. Moldo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dacul -dd 1
More from around the web