Muy Thai vs Karate

Muy Thai vs Karate

There are 69 comments on the Ibelieve.com story from Mar 15, 2007, titled Muy Thai vs Karate. In it, Ibelieve.com reports that:

RE: Muy Thai vs Karate - quote: If I were a betting kind of girl, I'd definitely bet on Muay Thai over Karate. via Ibelieve.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ibelieve.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MOMMY

Lithia, FL

#64 May 14, 2009
Angharad wrote:
"in a street fight karate would win. More arsenal, dirty tricks and so on."
and also an inability of applying most techniques successfully. And what are these dirty tricks you speak of?---
Is that what you say!

Do you practice some martial arts but away ????
For beat an American karateist I think you don't need too much techniques .
ahahahhaha !
MOMMY

Lithia, FL

#65 May 14, 2009
Haksaw wrote:
If you want an effective style you need to spar against an unwilling opponent all the time that is why Muay Thai is so effective. there are also some style of karate such as Kyokushin and Kempo that do a lot of full contact sparring. Its not the question whos better its who is willing to train to the edge and push him/her self to get there
--

It is true it exist some good Muay thai practitioners in C.A.
but the rest of the country ?????? are funny people.
Connor

Millstadt, IL

#66 May 19, 2009
I think Muy Thai is overrated myself. Karate is a pretty aggressive technique, and although M uy Thai uses elbows and knees extensivley, those are very easy to block. I think a Karate master would win. But if the Karate user was a white belt, well, that would be different.
Nikolai

Foster City, CA

#68 May 30, 2009
This question from the beginning is pointless.

Although, saying Karate it's worth to distinquish between really strong Karate styles (Kyokushin, and all its descendents) and all other "garbage" named also Karate which is usually non-contact.

And as some of previous writers mentioned, Kyokushin Karate DID beat the best fighers from Muay Thai in ALL their official meetings. That IS confirmed fact.

Thus, there's Kyokushin (and similar sub-styles) and all other "Karate". The last one is really a joke.
Rob

Macomb, MI

#69 Jul 20, 2009
My opinion is that muay thai is the strongest martial art in the world. It has the most deadly moves. Elbows and knees to the face. Now thats deadly.
Tyre

New York, NY

#70 Aug 16, 2009
I can't understand why most people think MT is the only style that uses elbows and knees. Karate and other styles use elbow and knee techniques but it's just that MT has more variations.

I take up Goju Ryu and though we "use" to prepare for point sparing tournaments (we don't anymore since the Sensei has a change of heart and focus more on self defense) in the dojo we do medium-full (don't know what it counts for with sparring mitts on) contact sparring especially when doing promotions.

I keep hearing people who say they do MT and always dominate a karateka but I never witnessed it in RL or footage or anything. But also I'll add that I never seen a karateka dominate a MT fighter either. I believe that is because neither style is better or worst than the other. Only thing that determines the winner is the fighter his/herself.
Ian

Singapore, Singapore

#71 Oct 14, 2011
If you train Muay Thai and Karate like they did in the old days, hard training seven days a week, both styles can be very effective. But in Muay Thai gyms today, especially those in the west, the students just hit the bags and pads and do some shadow boxing/kicking, hardly any sparring at all. Same for Karate, most schools hardly spar until you are close to black belt level. I think if you don't spar, you can't fight.
UNCLE TOM

Tampa, FL

#72 Oct 14, 2011
Americans martial arts is for baby sweet heart in America......Awwwwwwwww!
I nned not persuaded you, go way idiots you are really.
U.S. people are so tender ,delicate to ( don't even touch me or I call the police....ahahahahah! Born Americans really.......a disaster for martial arts and the sports in generaly.
zoli

Targu-mures, Romania

#73 Nov 22, 2011
http://nov.io/SJE7qE

Please some comments for this match. Red athlete what is neccecery to worked on ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tae Kwon Do Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kicks for Kids' Ultimate Summer Camps Jun 16 band camp 1
News Martial Arts for Teens and Adults Jun 6 Art 1
News Kicks For Kids Martial Arts May '15 Baking too 1
Training in Korea (Aug '10) May '15 GMC_Eisenhart 2
The False history of tae Kwon Do (Apr '10) May '15 GMC_Eisenhart 5
News Tae Kwon Do Instructor Accused Of Sexually Abus... (Oct '06) Apr '15 Christina Johnson 85
News Kicks for Kids Offers Flexibility Apr '15 Doc 1
More from around the web