Jealousy blamed in 4 deaths, fire

Jealousy blamed in 4 deaths, fire

There are 38 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jul 2, 2008, titled Jealousy blamed in 4 deaths, fire. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Upset that his ex-wife was dating her children's tae kwon do instructor, Jae Hwan Shim of Palmdale and an accomplice slashed and beat her to death, along with her two children and a relative late last month, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pauli

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 2, 2008
Another fine example of multiculturalism in action. We've imported a whole panoply of new atrocities previously unknown in American culture. Oops, I forgot, we're not allowed to have a culture of our own anymore.
lola

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 2, 2008
Pauli wrote:
Another fine example of multiculturalism in action. We've imported a whole panoply of new atrocities previously unknown in American culture. Oops, I forgot, we're not allowed to have a culture of our own anymore.
Oh get over yourself. Domestic violence is unfortunately nothing new and it occurs everywhere and people of all races do it. If you want to talk about real atrocities why don't you look at Nicholas T. Sheley, who was just arrested yesterday for killing 8 people, including a 93 year old man and a toddler? Bet you won't though, since he's white and that would threaten your perception that all whites are moral law-abiding citizens.
Helen

El Monte, CA

#5 Jul 2, 2008
Let me get this straight: he divorced her and then did not want her to date anyone? What a moron. This one should definitely get the needle.
honoluluniece

Honolulu, HI

#6 Jul 2, 2008
Helen wrote:
Let me get this straight: he divorced her and then did not want her to date anyone? What a moron. This one should definitely get the needle.
No, I want him to suffer just as my uncle did; I want him to feel pain - I want him to get the chair. That man does not deserve an easy death.
lola

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 2, 2008
honoluluniece wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I want him to suffer just as my uncle did; I want him to feel pain - I want him to get the chair. That man does not deserve an easy death.
I agree. I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Just to clarify, my remarks above were not meant to trivialize your family's loss or say that their deaths weren't as bad as the ones caused by the ex-con. It was to point out that people of all races do horrid things to each other. Shim's despicable deeds do not reflect the mentality or mindset of the Asian/Pacific Islander community. He is just one sick cumrag that deserves to roast in hell forever. Again, I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.
ONCLE TOM

Zephyrhills, FL

#8 Jul 2, 2008
Pauli wrote:
---

The side as domestic violence americans are so pathetical......No action at all.!
Alle the rest blah blah...blahhhhh! means wind bags. And full of emotion with no control!
honoluluniece

Honolulu, HI

#9 Jul 2, 2008
lola wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Just to clarify, my remarks above were not meant to trivialize your family's loss or say that their deaths weren't as bad as the ones caused by the ex-con. It was to point out that people of all races do horrid things to each other. Shim's despicable deeds do not reflect the mentality or mindset of the Asian/Pacific Islander community. He is just one sick cumrag that deserves to roast in hell forever. Again, I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.
You are correct - this is not a race thing and I don't hold a "race" accountable for Shim's actions. I hold him accountable and I pray the courts in Cali will hold him accountable too!
Thank you for your kind words - my uncle was a loving, giving person who would have given the shirt off his back if you needed it. I miss and love you Uncle Joe; rest in peace.
Faith morris

Lancaster, CA

#11 Jul 3, 2008
Many have no idea how this is effecting our community. Si Young Yoon was great with our kids and we hope that Jae Shim and Tae Kwon had not done anything to our friend. He has taught our kids in our community as well as mine to value life. He is dearly missed.
Maui Cousin

United States

#16 Jul 3, 2008
Faith morris wrote:
Many have no idea how this is effecting our community. Si Young Yoon was great with our kids and we hope that Jae Shim and Tae Kwon had not done anything to our friend. He has taught our kids in our community as well as mine to value life. He is dearly missed.
This tragedy affects even those of us across the Pacific. Master Si was one of the instructors who taught my youngest son taekwondo until he received his 1st POOM black belt three years ago. We traveled to tournaments with Jamie and Justin. Four lives were brutally taken, two of those lives were just beginning. My heart goes out to all back in Lancaster.
jack offen

United States

#22 Jul 3, 2008
ONCLE TOM wrote:
<quoted text>--Jack Offen -Is true your are funny,...LOL.
First I don't talk to you, so zip lock,or shut up.
Learn to talk when it come your turn like a good educated boy...is that clear...In american-english he doesn't teach you the respect? or he miss may be that point in this country! That in Europe we make learn respect to our children at 12 yrs old and he start to must obey as well. Here is messy------! Then you call freedom I call that B.S. Go yourself learn an others language!
I don't like critic others I just observed with out jugment ......In Europe an around the world people talk normaly basicly 2 languages ...here LOL. So what did you learn in middle school how to drink more coca cola.....ahahah.
how bout this poli-fook you
SuckAnEgg

United States

#23 Jul 3, 2008
Thus far, only one post out of the first 19 was worth reading.#11
Thanks #11 for not being a self centered idiot.
SuckAnEgg

United States

#24 Jul 3, 2008
Make that one out of 21.
SuckAnEgg

United States

#25 Jul 3, 2008
Make that one out of 22.
wondering

United States

#26 Jul 3, 2008
24 and 25 were whiny
ONCLE TOM

Zephyrhills, FL

#27 Jul 3, 2008
lola wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I tried that and all I got was stuff about sand in the air and other non sequiturs. Ask him to translate and see how that turns out. I'm out!
----

Lola sons like lollypop is funny,because someone told me exactly what you try to say. If he come just a little difficulty you drop every think. So you don't like making an effort right. We call that enfantil. Is that right.
ONCLE TOM

Zephyrhills, FL

#28 Jul 3, 2008
lola wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, what? In English, please?
--

yOU WROTE as well french for an american congratulation........I like people who give an effort. Felicitation (lola)
ONCLE TOM

Zephyrhills, FL

#29 Jul 3, 2008
lola wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I tried that and all I got was stuff about sand in the air and other non sequiturs. Ask him to translate and see how that turns out. I'm out!
--

Go asking your french teacher in the school may be you will understand .

One question:
We say the world , means the globe ?
or the american world because you don't know else???????? an being narrow minded !!!
Molly in WY

Casper, WY

#31 Jul 4, 2008
I would like to extend my love to anyone who had the pleasure of knowing Si to the level I did. This technically was and is considered a crime of passion. Not a crime that race should even be mentioned in. People are people. For an'y one who knew Si he was a VERY respectable person and opened his door to myself and ALL of my family. To his sisters I am in WY and am trying to get to you.
waterbaby

Lockwood, NY

#34 Jul 4, 2008
This is ENOUGH, This family is grieving the loss of their family. I agree the sick people who done this should be put in the chair and killed. How could someone do this to a family. Especially when there are children involved.....

There are many sick people out there.
Seattle Niece

Mountlake Terrace, WA

#38 Jul 5, 2008
Wow we certainly lost focus on this blog. It's about lives that were taken by the hands of a jealous man. Domestic violence is out of control and we all need to help those being abused instead of turning our heads. It's obvious that a restraining order is just a piece of paper. I will spend sometime learning about shelters and options for these abused women. Look into fund raisers we can do in our communities to help. We all need to pull together in times like this.
I did not know the Parks. It is extremely sad that their lives were taken by a man who once loved them. My Uncle was just an innocent victim. He was so funny, loving and an all around great guy. My heart really goes to my Aunt who lost four loved ones in one day. May they all rest in peace. The men should get the death penalty but it should be by the same way they killed their victims!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tae Kwon Do Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cuban athlete was right to kick 'corrupt' judge... (Sep '08) May '16 zionist BARn 17
News Kicks For Kids Martial Arts in Oakville May '16 0-tolerance-doesn... 1
The False history of tae Kwon Do (Apr '10) Apr '16 Andy Echeandia 9
News They know kung fu (Sep '09) Jan '16 wing chun guys 14
STOP Sexual Abuse by Coaches in the Olympic Sys... (Mar '15) Oct '15 TKDVEGAS 2
NV Tae Kwon Do USAT Coach Convicted of Sexually... (Oct '15) Oct '15 TKDVEGAS 1
News Kicks for Kids' Ultimate Summer Camps (Jun '15) Jun '15 band camp 1
More from around the web