Bank loses face over fake sumo

Bank loses face over fake sumo

There are 2 comments on the Surrey Hants Star story from Aug 23, 2008, titled Bank loses face over fake sumo. In it, Surrey Hants Star reports that:

An HSBC advertising campaign has come under fire from the Japanese for using a cosmetically enhanced male model in a wig to portray one of the traditional wrestlers honoured in their culture This HSBC advert ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Surrey Hants Star.

sue

London, UK

#1 Sep 8, 2008
This Sumo looks great, no said he was asian, so why make a fuss? The Sumo world champion is Mongolian and Japanese. I think Japan and it's menbers are seriously worried about losing their traditional sport. So many people are doing Sumo in the UK and Europe, I think The sumo in the HSBC advert looks respectful, charming and professional to the World wide sport of Sumo wrestling. We should be incouraging our UK sportsman. I read on 'digg it' this man was a British Heavy weight JUDO Gold medalist at one time winning 3 titles. so not only a japanese sport.
sue

London, UK

#2 Sep 8, 2008
This Sumo is in a commercial for Pepsi with famous footballers like Beckham, Henry, Lampard. so he can not be that bad for Pepsi to use this talented SUMO. See him on YOUTUBE under Pepsi shuffle. it' great..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sumo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hakuho _ Most bad-mannered Rikishi EVER (Jul '15) Jul '15 George 1
how to watch sumo live (Mar '07) May '15 mongolia 10
Hakuho to be New All-Time CHAMPION (Jan '15) Jan '15 Love Sumo 1
News African Muslim Rises Up Sumo Ranks (Jun '13) Jun '13 Habibi 1
News Sports' quirks, odd bounces in '12 (Dec '12) Dec '12 fukuda 1
News Nineteen years later, Royce Gracie reflects on ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 fukuda 1
News Sumo Wrestlers Hard to Find: DNews Nugget (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jamie 1
More from around the web