Whittier teen fights for future

Whittier teen fights for future

There are 18 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Mar 8, 2010, titled Whittier teen fights for future. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Born premature, Humberto Zatarain has always looked at life as a challenge. "It's been like that since day one - fighting to survive," said the 19-year-old Whittier resident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

bug a boo

Whittier, CA

#1 Mar 9, 2010
fun!
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#2 Mar 9, 2010
bug a boo wrote:
fun!
like cartoon...ahahah!
ginger

Upland, CA

#3 Mar 10, 2010
his young man proves that drugs and gangs are not the choice that has to be made. All these gangsters need to listen up and get their acts straight.being in a gang isnt the only choice it is the stupid choice. This young man is a credit to himself and others should follow in his path.
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#4 Mar 10, 2010
ginger wrote:
his young man proves that drugs and gangs are not the choice that has to be made. All these gangsters need to listen up and get their acts straight.being in a gang isnt the only choice it is the stupid choice. This young man is a credit to himself and others should follow in his path.
--

What did you talking about listen up??????What the heck it means?

People doesn't know about OBEY ......ahahahah! teens ahahahhah!
Arturo Delgado

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Mar 10, 2010
I love this kid, he was a foster kid at our home for 4-5 years, and you can ask em we backed him up and never secluded him. Im very proud of the young man he's becoming, he really has had it harder than most, but he made use of his physical attributes, he was a quick study in every sport and the guy can eat like a horse, I still remember when we showed him how to play basketball, that was some fun time, i have no doubt that he will make the most out of the opportunity he was given, all he needed was an outlet for all that anger and along with sports, muy tai and boxing have turned his life around, truly remarkable transformation from this young man.
Hey Humberto if you read this man, we love you and we hope you know we all care about you.
keep doing your thing man and handle your business in school boy...like the biggie song the "sky's the limit"
i'll see ya fight soon
The Family

Whittier, CA

#6 Mar 16, 2010
We have been blessed with this young man who is now and forever a part of our family. He is respectful, caring and most of all humble. We we able to watch this young boy turn into a young man. He is a role modle for his younger brother and other children alike. As a matter of fact he rescently recieved a letter from a local school. All the students signed the letter thanking him for being such a good role model. You really do not know how many lives you are able to touch by doing the right thing. Humberto/Robert has gone across many speed bumps in life. However no matter how big the speed bump is he makes it over the speed bump, knowing the road ahead will be smoother. Life is full of speed bumps but when you have people who believe in you and you believe in yourself there isn't any speed bump to big. Robert has dreams, and they will come true because as mentioned in the article he was born a fighter. We will forever stand behind this young man and along side him. Children are often times forgotton in the world of drama we live in. Just remember this is one young man that no one will ever forget.
The Family

Whittier, CA

#7 Mar 16, 2010
ginger wrote:
Thank you for you positive response.We need more people like you and more like Robert to teach there is another way.
Chuck R

Hilo, HI

#8 Mar 16, 2010
I have had the honor of knowing this young man. He is kind, gentle and soft spoken. He is also very respectful of those older than he. An all around great guy. I have also seen him fight and he is truly remarkable. Raw talent that gets better by the fight. I was in Vegas and got to see the one fight he lost. He was as gracious in defeat as he is when he wins (Which is the usual outcome.) This kid is one to follow. A real rising star.
Ricke

Waterloo, IL

#9 Mar 17, 2010
This Man Mr. Zatarian should be commended on his determination to fight against all odds. To have the strength and ability to accept guidance as displayed here through Mr. Salas is a true inspiration. Thank You for FINALLY bringing GOOD news to the world. It's much need in these times.
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#10 Mar 17, 2010
Ricke wrote:
This Man Mr. Zatarian should be commended on his determination to fight against all odds. To have the strength and ability to accept guidance as displayed here through Mr. Salas is a true inspiration. Thank You for FINALLY bringing GOOD news to the world. It's much need in these times.
----

HOPE DOESN'T DO NOTHING( WE HAVE IN EUROPE A CONCEPT SAYING.
HOPE IS FOR STUPIDS PEOPLE BECAUSE IF HE DOESN'T DO NOTHING HAPEN NOTHING. THAT IS HOPE FOR TEENS.same grown up cry people.....AHAHAHHAH! And for the world whish one world......ahahhahahhh! In the head he exist also is own world and the make beleive doesn't do nothing.!!!unfortunatly!
bestsher

Walnut Creek, CA

#11 Mar 17, 2010
I have met this remarkable young man and I have to tell you he really does have an amazing story. Please keep us updated about his growth and the growth of Team Salas. Donations are in the mail.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#12 Mar 17, 2010
Amazing story. Not many people who are raised under those circumstances turn out like this. It's an inspiring story for others.
Fatima

United States

#13 Mar 18, 2010
I was Humberto's Social Worker when he was in foster care. I am very proud of him for all of his accomplishments. I believe he will be a famous fighter one day and make it to the big fights in Las Vegas. He has a kind heart and the spirit of a fighter. I wish him good luck in all of his endeavors.
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN

Seffner, FL

#14 Mar 18, 2010
Being practicable is only one way in the life.
All the rest is dream on.....Good for Born U.S.
And not mature people of course!
Team Muniz

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Feb 6, 2011
Humberto is a remarkable young man with massive determination. He is now contracted with Team Muniz and will soon be having his first professional Pro Debut in the boxing world. I would love to put something together for Humberto and have all of you that know him come and show support. After reading your comments it warms my heart to know how one mans determination can influence so many others. Please pass the word out to any other individuals who have been a part of Humberto's life. You can contact me at wcboxingcircuit@gmail.com
Team Muniz

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Feb 6, 2011
Jacques Thomet 7 DAN wrote:
Being practicable is only one way in the life.
All the rest is dream on.....Good for Born U.S.
And not mature people of course!
Humberto is a remarkable young man with massive determination. He is now contracted with Team Muniz and will soon be having his first professional Pro Debut in the boxing world. I would love to put something together for Humberto and have all of you that know him come and show support. After reading your comments it warms my heart to know how one mans determination can influence so many others. Please pass the word out to any other individuals who have been a part of Humberto's life. You can contact me at wcboxingcircuit@gmail.com
Team Muniz

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Feb 6, 2011
The Family wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for you positive response.We need more people like you and more like Robert to teach there is another way.
UNCLE TOM

Seffner, FL

#18 Feb 6, 2011
WHICH FUTURE DO YOU TALKING ABOUT ?????

THE TEENS HAHAHAHAHH NO FUTURE. DOESN'T CARE.

EVERY MARTIAL ARTS INCLUDING KICK BOXING GOES NOWHERE TODAY , PEOPLE HAVE A BRAIN WASH IN HIGHT SCHOOL ALREADY NO BODY NEED TOUCH AND HURTS NO BODY! So what you want to talking about Hey !
Wake up moralist.....ahahahaha!

Or watchers TV>

You know it is fantastic right now, go somewhere no morons drivers around that is magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muay Thai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muay Thai offers benefits for the whole family (May '16) Jun '17 some here left 4 TO 3
News Halton Hills residents bask in Honour & Glory I... (Aug '16) Aug '16 kickboxing 1
Who has trained at Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts i... (Jan '07) Jul '15 suplex delux my f... 14
News Finalists prepare for Halton's Got Talent (Jun '15) Jun '15 Mary 1
News Muay Thai instructor is carrying on family prid... (Mar '08) Jun '15 big daddy 263
News Zambidis ready to rock in Cyprus (May '15) May '15 takis ptolemeos 1
Muay Thai Training Centre (Apr '06) Feb '15 azeez ullah 97