Muy Thai vs Karate

Mar 15, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ibelieve.com

RE: Muy Thai vs Karate - quote: If I were a betting kind of girl, I'd definitely bet on Muay Thai over Karate. via Ibelieve.com

Comments
21 - 40 of 69 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2011
joel

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

docs right
Sen Pai Jujutsu

Cicero, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

Well I would agree Muy Thai is formitable but most people who practice karate do do traditional training it is something I would call bullshitdo. MUY THAI for sure!
Alex

Wellington, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Geeeez people, you're unbelievable. Has anyone of you ever actually fought on the street before ? by the sound of it,nope. I've seen too many people being useless at martial arts, but bloody great street fighters that YOU, karate-kas, muai tai ppl, wouldn't wanna come against. It's not about WHAT YOU DO, it's about HOW YOU DO IT ... you can do, what i can ballet dancing, tae kwon do and be great or do muai tai and be nothing. Me myself been doing kyokushin for the past 15 years and to tell you the truth, i do it only to keep fit, THAT IS IT. When it comes to street fighting, i fight differently. You can say that the best street fighters are boxers and i'll say it's bullsh*t. Seen boxers been knocked out on the streets. If all you good at is fighting on the ring, than it's nothing. BUT if you good at the ring but even greater on the street scene, that's when you get RESPECT. Good luck to you all.
Alex

Wellington, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

what i cAll ballet dancing - there was a typo in the previous post of mine :)
phuzzy

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

all martial arts have the same principal of deception and damage just put in different applications in a fight the winner is the person who has been trained more or by a better teacher for that type of situation.
phuzzy

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

and yes i consider street fighting in its own way to be a martial art
thedeath

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

"shorin-ryushidok" sorry but i am living in thailand. i never heard of your info!

i bet thai people don't even know who is the 3best 5best or 10 best of muay thai boxer! because they got so many of them.

and honestly i hardly ever seen any fighther come to thailand and try to fight with the real muay thai fighter (the one that go to the ring single everyweek) and let those muay thai guy using the real muay thai weapon. they always request some restriction for the muay thai but not the other way around!
Rob

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2007

<4. As a whole Muay Thai fighters are the most HUMBLE men on the face of the earth and they are more concerned about building one's HEART as a person than putting a person down in order to make themselves look better. >

Which indicates anyone who mentions Muay Thai on this thread must not be a Muay Thai fighter, because not a one would I describe as humble.
jigdel

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

muay thai in delhi
MOMMY

Terra Ceia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Don't never ever forget that all of you guys .The speaking are correct but you miss some thing what he exist only in the USA. What ever you do (nobody touch nobody ) so then you have what we call an discussion about it......again because people talk like he do some an nothing happen!!!
That is the way of americans AHAHAHAHA .
I know because I live in the State an is like that beleive or not.
MOMMY

Terra Ceia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Alex wrote:
Geeeez people, you're unbelievable. Has anyone of you ever actually fought on the street before ? by the sound of it,nope. I've seen too many people being useless at martial arts, but bloody great street fighters that YOU, karate-kas, muai tai ppl, wouldn't wanna come against. It's not about WHAT YOU DO, it's about HOW YOU DO IT ... you can do, what i can ballet dancing, tae kwon do and be great or do muai tai and be nothing. Me myself been doing kyokushin for the past 15 years and to tell you the truth, i do it only to keep fit, THAT IS IT. When it comes to street fighting, i fight differently. You can say that the best street fighters are boxers and i'll say it's bullsh*t. Seen boxers been knocked out on the streets. If all you good at is fighting on the ring, than it's nothing. BUT if you good at the ring but even greater on the street scene, that's when you get RESPECT. Good luck to you all.
------

Bravo,bravo I completly agree what you say,but americans doesn't touch nobody need be hurt,that is the true concept and very strong in the USA.
Doc

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

Street Fighting vs. Muay Thai ??

I thought this topice was Karate vs. MT ??

Check out Muay Thai POWER Kicks on YouTUBE:

Sawasdee krab from Thailand, God bless, DOC.:-)

AoNangThaiBoxGym@gmail.com
MOMMY

Terra Ceia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Doc wrote:
Muay Thai wins every time ... sorry that is the TRUTH.:)
1. Every time a Karate Guy fights Muay Thai in the ring they get knocked out.
2. Muay Thai on the street is more deadly, Thai fighters are sneaky and dirty fighters. They have many tricks and especially old school fighters.
3. In Muay Thai you train to fight and fight EVERYDAY. In Karate' you think about fighting, was time on Katas and breaking things that don't move.
4. As a whole Muay Thai fighters are the most HUMBLE men on the face of the earth and they are more concerned about building one's HEART as a person than putting a person down in order to make themselves look better.
--

All this talk is only a theory ...blah blah,blah
Americans today are not able to do nothing the site as talk.....ahaha give me a break..
Kane

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

I have used basic Muay Thai just that not a single thing from any other art (by the way im a street fighter). I easily beat several styles of karate including 5 dojo heads. Basicaly i won easily with the basics. that tell you that even a person who barley knows muay thai can beat karate ppractitioners without much dificulty.
MOMMY

Terra Ceia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

joel wrote:
muay that for killing karates for staying alive. muay thai wins
---

In this country nothing are available taekwondo,karate,judo jiujitsu or what ever,to tender people that is scary and specialy children adults doesn't do so for who it is the martial arts :only for doing it business......
All the rest is mickey mouse belts..........
What you say is just words and the meaning of it where are they ??????????ahahah
MOMMY

Terra Ceia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Doc wrote:
Street Fighting vs. Muay Thai ??
I thought this topice was Karate vs. MT ??
Check out Muay Thai POWER Kicks on YouTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-WB7drCfzWgXX
Sawasdee krab from Thailand, God bless, DOC.:-)
AoNangThaiBoxGym@gmail.com
----

I have seeing your you-tube and I did that too.
But americans do that ??of course not so why this speech are for ??? US people doesn't do that.To tender, he doesn't want be hurt: awwwww. He watch your tube and that' it...hillarious.again and again...etc.....! I'm sorry that is the truth.
MOMMY

Terra Ceia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

MOMMY wrote:
<quoted text>--
All this talk is only a theory ...blah blah,blah
Americans today are not able to do nothing the site as talk.....ahaha give me a break..
---
I have read again your post and found you have absolutly right.
MOMMY

Terra Ceia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Haksaw wrote:
This is an age old question; which style is better everyone who practices Muay Thai will say Muay Thai is better and the same with Karate. There are certain style of karate that are better than others such as Kyokushin, and Kempo. Its not the style that makes you great is the practitioner. In order for a style to be effective on the street you need a ton of real time experience not slowed down practice that is why Muay Thai is so successful along with Kyokushin and Kempo. All these style I just mentioned normally spar almost everyday they train.
----

I agree completly but again the americans way are slopy,laezy that's all. it means again nothing.Why??
Because your stupid s concept of I don't want hurt no one.......Because the Sue Happy Country !
MOMMY

Terra Ceia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

shorin-ryushidokan wrote:
to he best of my knowledge, the three test of Muay Thai vs karate, karate won all three.
1958 (I think) or maybe 1964. three best muay thai vs three best kyokushin, kyokushin won 2 of 3.
1970's (1976 I believe) first open kyokushin tournament, muay thai quit the tournament. didn't think they could win, so they left.
recently 2002? 5 bets muay thai vs 5 best kyokushin.
karate won 4 of 5.
(no wonder muay thai quit in the 70s'
--

What ever are your style,martial arts after the '70 is coming very tender in USA and people too unfortunatly ,by concepts. And today is only mickey mouse belts for satisfied ego and children...Adults doesn't have guts for coming that is the reality.Where are the strong america???
Chris

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

I honestly don't think that Muay Thai will be karate all the time. It all depends on the person, that's why there are hundreds of different martial arts. IF there was a "best" then everyone would only practice that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Muay Thai Discussions

Search the Muay Thai Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Muay Thai Training Centre (Apr '06) May '14 Ashish 94
Edson Barboza focused on Donald Cerrone, ready ... Apr '14 bigman clack 1
Marina Shafir, Art Hovhannisyan headline Chaos ... Apr '14 mike rip 1
Marina Shafir, Ronda Rousey's training partner ... Mar '14 Chaz 1
Indoor Cycling Studio Keeps Top Celebs Fit (Oct '13) Feb '14 ashleymore 2
Fighting larger opponents (Jul '06) Feb '14 Ian 32
United South East Asia Cultural Association (U... (Nov '13) Nov '13 GFL 1
•••
•••