Muy Thai vs Karate

Mar 15, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ibelieve.com

RE: Muy Thai vs Karate - quote: If I were a betting kind of girl, I'd definitely bet on Muay Thai over Karate. via Ibelieve.com

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
raynald

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2007

in a street fight karate would win. More arsenal, dirty tricks and so on.
Angharad

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2007

"in a street fight karate would win. More arsenal, dirty tricks and so on."

and also an inability of applying most techniques successfully. And what are these dirty tricks you speak of?
MANO TKO

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2007

Judged:

i would go with muay thai its more deadly (kicks knees elbows) karate fighters they wait too long and they drop there hands too + i think it doesnt matter what style u r, it just how good u r
MUAYTHAI

Nicosia, Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2007

WELL....
IF YOU STUDFY THE REAL MUAY THAI YOU WILL REALISE THAT MUAY THAI IS THE MOST COMPLETE STANDING FIGHTING ART TODAY
MUAY CAAT CHERK MEANS EMPTY HANDS FIGHTING AND IS THE MOST DENGAROUS STYLE TODAY
THATS WHY NO ONE EVER CONGUER THAILAND ( WHICH MEANS FREE COUNTRY )
Haksaw

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2007

This is an age old question; which style is better everyone who practices Muay Thai will say Muay Thai is better and the same with Karate. There are certain style of karate that are better than others such as Kyokushin, and Kempo. Its not the style that makes you great is the practitioner. In order for a style to be effective on the street you need a ton of real time experience not slowed down practice that is why Muay Thai is so successful along with Kyokushin and Kempo. All these style I just mentioned normally spar almost everyday they train.
Haksaw

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2007

If you want an effective style you need to spar against an unwilling opponent all the time that is why Muay Thai is so effective. there are also some style of karate such as Kyokushin and Kempo that do a lot of full contact sparring. Its not the question whos better its who is willing to train to the edge and push him/her self to get there

Since: May 07

Toronto

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2007

I think that with a little street fighting know how and a good solid elbow you can win against any disapline just a ask a few pit fighters or bar brawlers...
MUAYTHAI

Nicosia, Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2007

well
i will ask smoething
have you ever seen in a fight any one to bit up a muay thai fighter ?
even china created SAnda to bit muay thai
and in 6 fights the y won only one
see you round
stas

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2007

hmm as i was reading about street fighters etc. i started muya thai one month ago and realised that it much better and effective than karate in which i was training over 3 years. i believe muya thai is much better and it worths to try it.
Hardkickerhank

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

Not again with the "this style is better than that style" argument. Geez. It's the not the style people. It's the skill of the individual fighters.
Freija Crescent

Trinidad and Tobago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2007

An art is only as good as the artist.
Jag

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2007

With some basic formal boxing training and kenpo, that combination wins hands down against anything else, including street fighting.
But, the kenpo stylists MUST be in decent shape and have a decent punch.
Mwani

East Rutherford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

Haksaw wrote:
This is an age old question; which style is better everyone who practices Muay Thai will say Muay Thai is better and the same with Karate. There are certain style of karate that are better than others such as Kyokushin, and Kempo. Its not the style that makes you great is the practitioner. In order for a style to be effective on the street you need a ton of real time experience not slowed down practice that is why Muay Thai is so successful along with Kyokushin and Kempo. All these style I just mentioned normally spar almost everyday they train.
I agree! Sparring is way important, and i believe the individual is way more omportant than the "style" he studies most. Individual dedication to training, ability to adapt, plus experience, are some factors that help determine the outcome of a fight...
McCloud

Coaldale, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

to me both muay thai and karate are great styles, but are so different....if u put a muay thai fighter in the ring with a karate fighter, i guarantee you muay thai will be the agressor. As for karate, he will be more defensive and more effective. but then again thats just my point of view. It helps to be calm-collected rather than agressive
Master GJ Torres Jr

East Brunswick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Our Days it isn't about the style anymore, it's really about the instructor who trained the fighter,and how the indivisual knows how to apply that knowledge. There are great and bad fighters in every style, but once again it depends on what the instructor teaches. As for martial artist vs street fighters, just think of it like this: If you have a bad heart condition and you need someone to fix it, do you go to a cardiologist or a guy on the street who says he knows how to fix hearts. The professional always has the upper hand. <BDD>

“DEATH IS COMING”

Since: Apr 07

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2007

Just look at what happens when kickboxers fight boxers. Most of the time the boxers win.
joel

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

ive done both muay thais better
shorin-ryushidok an

Milford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

to he best of my knowledge, the three test of Muay Thai vs karate, karate won all three.

1958 (I think) or maybe 1964. three best muay thai vs three best kyokushin, kyokushin won 2 of 3.

1970's (1976 I believe) first open kyokushin tournament, muay thai quit the tournament. didn't think they could win, so they left.

recently 2002? 5 bets muay thai vs 5 best kyokushin.

karate won 4 of 5.

(no wonder muay thai quit in the 70s'
joel

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

muay that for killing karates for staying alive. muay thai wins
Doc

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Judged:

Muay Thai wins every time ... sorry that is the TRUTH.:)

1. Every time a Karate Guy fights Muay Thai in the ring they get knocked out.

2. Muay Thai on the street is more deadly, Thai fighters are sneaky and dirty fighters. They have many tricks and especially old school fighters.

3. In Muay Thai you train to fight and fight EVERYDAY. In Karate' you think about fighting, was time on Katas and breaking things that don't move.

4. As a whole Muay Thai fighters are the most HUMBLE men on the face of the earth and they are more concerned about building one's HEART as a person than putting a person down in order to make themselves look better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••